Soben
Soben
Goon
Soben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:36 am

Post by Soben »

We will vote in due time, we just got through a massive discussion about the entire game and I'll try and explain all of our reads in more detail and depth later today when it isn't early morning but the gist of it is that we're relatively confident that the scum are within a pool of Yonzy, KattyBard and DemonHybrid with Yonzy and DemonHybrid being unlikely partners therefore making KattyBard the optimal lynch for today.

As for why we suspect Katty other than PoE; I don't think it's SHs avoidance of Katty that brings up the biggest red flags at all but rather the fact that she avoided placing a vote on anyone on the later half of the day combined with her accusing other people of not providing original reads and claiming that 'going against the grain' is a town-tell while not doing it herself at any point throughout the day. Another major thing that caught me eye was that SH asked Odysseus to elaborate into what Odysseus found to be a town-tell in Kattys recent post, I don't find it likely that scum would ask town to explain and elaborate on a town-read on another town member when they're likely to be lynched. It seems much more likely and realistic that he thought Odysseus vocalizing and explaining the read would potentially lead to multiple people agreeing with it and Katty receiving some town-cred.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:41 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Votecount 2.2:

DemonHybrid - [1] - Odysseus
Katty Bard - [1] - redtail896

Not Voting - [9] - bionicchop2, DemonHybrid, el simo, FightingShadow, Gen_Wolf, Katty Bard, Soben, Uphill, Yonzy

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch or 6 to no-lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2011-11-19 20:00:00)
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:44 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

Some good points being made, but I am going to reserve any additional judgement until we hear from Yonzy, DH, el simo, FS and Uphill who have yet to post today. Add to that gen wolf has made another non-post so he may as well be included with those other 5.
The above written statement is pro-town.
Soben
Soben
Goon
Soben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:54 am

Post by Soben »

Essentially our reads right now are:

Strong Town:
Bionicchop2, FightingShadow, Odysseus, Uphill, Redtail896.
Weak Town:
El Simo, Gen_Wolf.
Remaining:
DemonHybrid, Katty Bard, Yonzy.

I don't particularly feel the need to elaborate into my town-read of Odysseus, Uphill, FightingShadow or Bionicchop2 as I've explained them multiple times previously. My strong-ish town-read on Redtail896 revolves a lot around his content throughout today, with the exception of his VCA being shaky he has been making a great deal of sense, furthermore his response directed towards ScreamingHawk yesterday makes me doubt their partners leaving him to be very likely town.

As for my town-read on El Simo, it has to do with the fact that his posts at the later half of yesterday improved massively along with his hammer on SH reading as genuine though with all that said I do very much want to see some content from him today. Our town-read on Gen has a lot to do with his attitude and while I acknowledge that his suspicion of Odysseus may be an attempt to create doubt as scum it honestly looks like generally paranoid town which is also shown in a few sections of his read lists in post #217, in particular his read on Treznor and us though he needs to stop prod-dodging and post real content again.
Yonzy
Yonzy
Goon
Yonzy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:23 am

Post by Yonzy »

Im in orlando atm, I will be back tonight and have a post by tomorrow. I have read the thread and am about to leave to go home so I can't really make a post right now that will be too satisfactory..

But I do have a question..

Soben, why do you think I'm scum?
Gen_Wolf
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:01 am

Post by Gen_Wolf »

Alright, I'm going to mix things up a little.

I've been trying to stay out of the radar because I was unsure of how to play it but let me get help from my fellow townies:

Claim:
One-Shot Day Vigilante

I wanted to put my one-shot on Demon, but was a little unsure??
Odysseus
Odysseus
Goon
Odysseus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:11 am

Post by Odysseus »

I'm fine with Katty or Demon being shot. Town needs to decide, then that person needs to claim before you do anything.
Wandering from clime to clime, observant
stray'd,
Their manners noted, and their states
survey'd,
Soben
Soben
Goon
Soben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:13 am

Post by Soben »

Yonzy, I'll let Scumhunter explain it but it revolves around your reads post reading as highly fence-sitty especially towards ScreamingHawk, you said he was lazy-town/scum without drawing a solid conclusion along with parts of it reading as buddying and sucking up by having multiple 'strongest' town reads.

Gen_Wolf, I don't think claiming without having used your shot was the right move because now there's the possibility of you being roleblocked and potentially losing your shot completely but your claim essentially makes you confirmed town which makes this game all the more easy.
Odysseus
Odysseus
Goon
Odysseus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:14 am

Post by Odysseus »

DAY Vigilante

Doubt that will be blocked.
stray'd,
survey'd,
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:14 am

Post by redtail896 »

I obviously prefer katty, and I also note that we need a claim.

Also: I guess it's obvious, but you need to use that today now.

Preview Edit: he has a day shot, so no worries.
You can just call me Redtail. If I could, I'd change my name to that anyway.
Soben
Soben
Goon
Soben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:15 am

Post by Soben »

Ah, my bad. I didn't read the day-section of it. In that case I'd vote towards having Katty shot.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:16 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

In post 357, Soben wrote:
Gen_Wolf, I don't think claiming without having used your shot was the right move because now there's the possibility of you being roleblocked and potentially losing your shot completely but your claim essentially makes you confirmed town which makes this game all the more easy.

He claimed day-shot. Can't be day role blocked, can he?
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:21 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

lack of preview = timing of post fail
Odysseus
Odysseus
Goon
Odysseus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:25 am

Post by Odysseus »

This changes things. I don't care who Gen shoots because I'm now pretty sure last scum is DH/KB. It seems like KB has more lynch support so I think that would be the best target. Don't use it until we hear from both of them though. Also, how does day shot work? Essentially we get two lynches today? Also at this point and with my number of town reads if KB doesn't flip scum, I'm not going to know what to do with myself.
stray'd,
survey'd,
Uphill
Uphill
Goon
Uphill
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:31 am

Post by Uphill »

After Odysseus's case on DemonHybrid I looked at him in iso to see how he handled Hawk, here are all his mentions of Hawk:

In post 127, DemonHybrid wrote:
In post 99, ScreamingHawk wrote:Wow this game has taken off quick. Anywho...

Timeater reads town - aggressive but that's all good.
Treznor reads nub-null / null-scum - opinions are swayed very easy. backing down very quickly. can't handle pressure either becuase new or scum and doesn't want confrontation.
Odysseus reads town - generally nice amount of information for so early on. May need to check his meta later (fill me in if you know)
redtail reads null - why did you unvote someone with only your vote on him (and mine from RVS but who cares) - no harm leaving it there until you have someone else to vote for?
Soben reads town - you seem nice.
Uphill reads town - not much to say here.

Anyone else needs to make a bigger impression.

I'll be back on in hour or so

In post 100, ScreamingHawk wrote:Also should chuck this in UNVOTE: VOTE: Treznor
Wassup son?

Filmsy analysis is my meta.

wait, what

Unvote, Vote: ScreamingHawk

In post 134, DemonHybrid wrote:
In post 133, Odysseus wrote:DH, I don't feel like him saying flimsy analysis is my meta warrants a vote at all.

Also, this is only my third game on this site so join date/experience doesn't have much to do with alignment.

it wasn't just the "flimsy analysis" meta, it was the weak ass hop onto the treznor wagon and the one line reads

screaminghawk + timeater + lurker. it is NOT katty bard and I don't know why you're so obsessed with that read

In post 143, DemonHybrid wrote:right now my vote is on SH regardless.

In post 317, DemonHybrid wrote:ScreamingHawk - I don't believe the claim. Others have been making good points against him. It's the biggest wagon. He's lurky and on the defensive. Just no.

[snip]

I'm sticking with my SH vote. Hammer when ready.

What really struck me wasn't his low content on Hawk, but the fact that for all his low content on Hawk he was pushing Timeater a lot harder. In particular, he posts a huge wall of quote-stripes against Timeater in 141, while he's voting Hawk, that exceeds everything he ever posts about Hawk
combined
. That makes me think he wasn't interested in getting the Hawk wagon going at all, despite the fact that that's where his vote was!

I don't suspect Bionic any more, his push on Hawk doesn't look like a bus at all. I'm still suspicious of Shadow for fence-sitting Hawk, but I think Hybrid is scummier, and Hybrid being scum with Timeater is rather silly, so I doubt I'll vote Shadow today.

VOTE: DemonHybrid

And if it's not obvious, I support Wolf using his shot on Hybrid.
Gen_Wolf
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:16 pm

Post by Gen_Wolf »

In post 359, redtail896 wrote:I obviously prefer katty, and I also note that we need a claim.

Haha, ya I realized I will use it today.

In post 363, Odysseus wrote:This changes things. I don't care who Gen shoots because I'm now pretty sure last scum is DH/KB. It seems like KB has more lynch support so I think that would be the best target. Don't use it until we hear from both of them though. Also, how does day shot work? Essentially we get two lynches today? Also at this point and with my number of town reads if KB doesn't flip scum, I'm not going to know what to do with myself.

I PM Mod with the name, and that essentially becomes the end of the day.
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:20 pm

Post by el simo »

VOTE: Katty Bard

Yeah still sticking with her. Quite frankly my suspicions of her haven't dropped since yesterday and given SH's scum flip and the interactions between the two of them I'm probably more happy with vote today then I was yesterday. I can't get into details as of yet, unfortunately I have another exam in two days, yes I know so lynch me w/e. It's my last exam so just bare with me until then please.
"How very Rambo-esque of you." - Bazz
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
el simo
el simo
Mafia Scum
el simo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:22 pm

Post by el simo »

Aw shucks never saw the claim. So day vig ends the day? So it's just like a lynch? So by claiming you are a day vig and letting us decide who you kill it essentially exactly the same as lynching them?

Good job mate.
"How very Rambo-esque of you." - Bazz
"If el simo + Internet Stranger end up being scum in this game, I'm going to openly weep when we lose." chkflip
Odysseus
Odysseus
Goon
Odysseus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:27 pm

Post by Odysseus »

It ends the day? What the crap is this point of the role then? I'm pretty disappointed in this setup seeing as probably all the PRs we've got are useless beside clearing themselves. We're lucky we lynched scum on d1 or this game would be outrageously scum sided. Let's just not use the day-kill and just lynch as normal so we get VC reads.
stray'd,
survey'd,
Odysseus
Odysseus
Goon
Odysseus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by Odysseus »

Agreeing with my head here.
stray'd,
survey'd,
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:36 pm

Post by bionicchop2 »

With that out there, he should have just saved the claim until he was in danger of being lynched. DV that ends the day is a great lylo tool, but not very helpful at this stage.
Gen_Wolf
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Gen_Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:58 pm

Post by Gen_Wolf »

In post 365, Gen_Wolf wrote:
In post 359, redtail896 wrote:I obviously prefer katty, and I also note that we need a claim.

Haha, ya I realized I will use it today.

In post 363, Odysseus wrote:This changes things. I don't care who Gen shoots because I'm now pretty sure last scum is DH/KB. It seems like KB has more lynch support so I think that would be the best target. Don't use it until we hear from both of them though. Also, how does day shot work? Essentially we get two lynches today? Also at this point and with my number of town reads if KB doesn't flip scum, I'm not going to know what to do with myself.

I PM Mod with the name, and that essentially becomes the end of the day.

I actually might have this part wrong!

@Mod: Does the day end or does the day not end?
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:04 pm

Post by redtail896 »

Gen: you need to PM the mod. Don't ask that in thread.
You can just call me Redtail. If I could, I'd change my name to that anyway.
Soben
Soben
Goon
Soben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:51 pm

Post by Soben »

I agree with Odysseus, if the day kill ends the day there's no particular reason to use it however I have a strong suspicion that you've misunderstood the role because I'm struggling to see what potential benefits there is to that role at all other than confirming you as town if it replaces the lynch altogether.

I did some re-reading earlier and I'm even more confident in El Simo being town so at this point I'm almost certain that all of the remaining scum lie inside the pool of Katty, Yonzy and DemonHybrid and fully support a Katty shot or lynch though I'd like her to claim beforehand as well as give DemonHybrid a chance to post.
Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:15 pm

Post by Matias »

Sup.

pretty sure that I said that timeater was scummy regardless. SH had much more scumminess going for him but people asked me about a million times to post a timeater case so I did a million times

had you asked for a hawk case, I would have posted that, but I figured his posts were so abysmal that he didn't need it.

I'll believe the gen wolf claim despite of how badly I feel about his posts. that's a bold claim to make and I don't see mafia assassins too much in mini normals.

Vote: Yonzy
. same reasoning as before.

not going to discuss the daykill. shoot me if you want to shoot me, don't if you don't want to.
Formerly DemonHybrid. I play mafia extremely occasionally. I run the Song Contest. You can find me there.
My GTKAS
My old account

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”