Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:32 am

Post by Whiskers »

Day One.
Seventh Count.

Guy_Named_Riggs (L-3)
: fatlikepig, NoodleGoomba, Shattered Viewpoint.
NoodleGoomba (L-4)
: Guy_Named_Riggs, Hoopla.
farside22 (L-5)
: whispersilk.
Derpy Hooves (L-5)
: Charlie.
Shattered Viewpoint (L-5)
: farside22.

Not Voting
: Rainbowdash, Derpy Hooves.

With Eleven votes in play, it takes six To Lynch.
Day Ends in (expired on 2011-11-13 01:00:00)
Apple Jack
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:01 am

Post by Apple Jack »

vote: SV

I dont like how you are playing. You just seem to be skating by not providing anything useful.

Plus you said u would post substance and have failed to deliver on that.
I love MUFFINS!!!
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:03 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 276, Apple Jack wrote:
vote: SV

I dont like how you are playing. You just seem to be skating by not providing anything useful.

Plus you said u would post substance and have failed to deliver on that.

What do you think about SV's post on me then?

In post 259, Shattered Viewpoint wrote:Okay, I was ALL SET to vote hoopla, but she has to go and actually post REASONABLE CONTENT now. Hmpff.
Apple Jack
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:48 am

Post by Apple Jack »

Useless and adds to my reasons to suspect him.
1. He needs to explain his earlier reads
2. He needs to explain his earlier votes
3. He needs to explain why he was going to vote you
4. He needs to explain what content you posted that he agreed with.

He isn't providing any original content of his own.
I love MUFFINS!!!
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:48 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

Ok, im not going to lie here. A whole lot of my decision here comes from the composition of wagons.

Vote NG

Thing is to me, both him and SV are committing the exact same tell. I have taken large strides to defend GNR so far, and have managed to talk most of that wagon off him except FLP who I still think with a little more maneuvering, I can get over to my side as well. What I really dislike is that two more ponies have jumped the wagon while completely ignoring my defense on it. I
hate
being ignored and if you think im noticeable now, you ponies aint seen nothing yet.

What makes the hop worse from these two is that they aren't actually doing anything to further the case, it more feels like they are just trying to keep the wagon alive at this point. I am getting my defense ignored and they are not actually giving any reasoning for their hops. With GNR-town, this is exactly the move I expect to come from scum, try and keep the mislynch that started up early alive.

Both NG and SV are going through the exact same motions at this point, but im going to follow along with the reasoning from Hoopla here for NG since she does raise a good point about the signal to noise ratio that they are cranking out. Not a whole lot has come from them, and some of their bigger talking points have little to do with the game, or at least nothing to do with scumhunting.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
fatlikepig
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:19 pm

Post by fatlikepig »

Just checking in for now, will reread later. Hoopla's case on NG looks good now.

Slightly uncomfortable with the composition of the GNR wagon. SV's vote looks especially scummy.

Will put down a vote later when I've read properly. GNR, I still expect a lot more content from you.

Unvote
Sproink!
NoodleGoomba
NoodleGoomba
Goon
NoodleGoomba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:38 pm

Post by NoodleGoomba »

In post 279, Rainbowdash wrote:Ok, im not going to lie here. A whole lot of my decision here comes from the composition of wagons.

Vote NG

Thing is to me, both him and SV are committing the exact same tell. I have taken large strides to defend GNR so far, and have managed to talk most of that wagon off him except FLP who I still think with a little more maneuvering, I can get over to my side as well. What I really dislike is that two more ponies have jumped the wagon while completely ignoring my defense on it. I
hate
being ignored and if you think im noticeable now, you ponies aint seen nothing yet.

What makes the hop worse from these two is that they aren't actually doing anything to further the case, it more feels like they are just trying to keep the wagon alive at this point. I am getting my defense ignored and they are not actually giving any reasoning for their hops. With GNR-town, this is exactly the move I expect to come from scum, try and keep the mislynch that started up early alive.

Both NG and SV are going through the exact same motions at this point, but im going to follow along with the reasoning from Hoopla here for NG since she does raise a good point about the signal to noise ratio that they are cranking out. Not a whole lot has come from them, and some of their bigger talking points have little to do with the game, or at least nothing to do with scumhunting.

It seems to me that you are all taking about these two people n shiz, while voting for us? SO like I don't get your whole post. like at all.

I said my intent to vote GNR once
Goomba
checked in BEFORE your huge "defense" of him, so I don't see how you are lumping me with the people voting for him AFTER your defense. I told you I will read your defense when I get the chance, and I am sorry I spent all day out on the town with my brother so that this didn't happen today.

As for comparing us to SV, we RVSed, then changed out vote to the first wagon we liked and it has stayed there. According to what someone said earlier, SV voted for 4 people in 5 posts? I fail to see the comparison.
~Noodle
Hydra of
Maruchan
and
izakthegoomba
Guy_Named_Riggs
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Guy_Named_Riggs
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:50 pm

Post by Guy_Named_Riggs »

Vote SV

Looking back at his posts, each one is about 2 or 3 days apart, and he promises content by the end of the weekend which is now over. On top of that, the post after promising content, he apparently didn't even bother to read the thread, but came in and voting the person with the biggest wagon. I know he didn't read because as he votes, he thinks it puts me at L-2 which is like a netrual zone to join a wagon. In reality, it put me at L-1.
My vote will stay here until SV can come up with something to change my mind.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by Hoopla »

The tides are turning and a challenge is being mounted. Look who is voting SV: farside, Derpy and GNR.

The fact we're getting a competition wagon against Noodle in the form of SV makes me feel a lot better about my vote. I reckon there is at least one scum voting for SV.
fatlikepig
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:34 pm

Post by fatlikepig »

GNR's vote. It's weird.

GNR wrote:I know he didn't read because as he votes, he thinks it puts me at L-2 which is like a netrual zone to join a wagon. In reality, it put me at L-1.

This is untrue, I've messed up VCs before even whilst reading. What do you think his motivation would be to pretend that he's only putting you at L-2?

VOTE: NoodleGoomba for now. Hoopla's right, the noise-to-content ratio is quite worrying. Also because I don't like the looks of the SV wagon right now.
Sproink!
fatlikepig
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:41 pm

Post by fatlikepig »

Also, it seems quite convenient to me that he comes up with a scumread as soon as there's a counterwagon. Just noting that.
Sproink!
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:43 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 281, NoodleGoomba wrote:I said my intent to vote GNR once
Goomba
checked in BEFORE your huge "defense" of him, so I don't see how you are lumping me with the people voting for him AFTER your defense. I told you I will read your defense when I get the chance, and I am sorry I spent all day out on the town with my brother so that this didn't happen today.

I am putting you with those who voted
after
my defense beacuse you voted him
after
my defense. Im assuming you saw my defense of him before you voted him, so why didn't you comment on it then?

As for comparing us to SV, we RVSed, then changed out vote to the first wagon we liked and it has stayed there. According to what someone said earlier, SV voted for 4 people in 5 posts? I fail to see the comparison.

This has nothing to do with why im voting you. Why bring it up?
You don't earn
loyalty
Apple Jack
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Apple Jack
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:00 pm

Post by Apple Jack »

Ugh, gnr on the SV wagon makes me not like this wagon as much, but I'm still suspicious of him. I'll read up on this noodle case later.
I love MUFFINS!!!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:21 pm

Post by farside22 »

I will be doing a comparison between noodle and SV tomorrow.
I have had the worse headache and a long f@$#ing day. I'm too grumpy for words right at this moment to do the analysis.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:26 pm

Post by Charlie »

Evaluating list and soaking it with wine for Mafia to drink...
UNVOTE: Derpy Hooves

Derpy Hooves
Rainbowdash
fatlikepig
farside22
Hoopla
Shattered Viewpoint
Charlie

whispersilk
NoodleGoomba
Collyer
Guy_Named_Riggs

When I get back to check this thread, please don't make me "I hate everything again". Please.
Kindness
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:18 am

Post by farside22 »

Evaluation of SV and NoodleGoomba

SV: Total of 5 post in game:
First real post
In post 48, Shattered Viewpoint wrote:Response to Charlie: Oh wow, you remember one of my popular catchphrases. What precisely are you looking for here? Brownie points? Buddying? Friendship? Marriage?

Vote: Charlie

As for the rest of you: I hate ponies. Deal with it.

Attacks charlie for buddying and brownie points (weak stuff).

post 126 vote hops on Derpy putting her a L-2 with no reason stated

Doesn't answer question I asked or Derpy asked and jumps on the next BW in the game with no reason

In post 259, Shattered Viewpoint wrote:Okay, I was ALL SET to vote hoopla, but she has to go and actually post REASONABLE CONTENT now. Hmpff.

unvote

Vote: GNR

That should return him to L-2 status.

Noodle:

If you look at the difference between Noodle and Goomba there are big differences in style
Example is Noodle
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... 0#p3554630
More thought out.

https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... 1#p3562891

more evaluation

and if you look further more talkative of the 2.
He (noodle) seems to be the more dominate of the heads.

Plus there was this which seems to get missed

In post 238, NoodleGoomba wrote:Too lazy to check that meta right this second, but with links +farside+hoopla all voting him, And a promise to read the meta later, Count my vote as being on GNR, I just want to run it by
Goomba
before we vote or anything.
~Noodle

What I would like from Noodle (no offense Goomba but Noodle articulates a bit better in my view).
To put together a list of whom they both find scummy and why in their next post.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:20 am

Post by Whiskers »

I woke up from a dream where I made a big scumhunting post in this game and it ruined everything.

Prodding whispersilk.
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
NoodleGoomba
NoodleGoomba
Goon
NoodleGoomba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:38 am

Post by NoodleGoomba »

In post 286, Rainbowdash wrote:
In post 281, NoodleGoomba wrote:I said my intent to vote GNR once
Goomba

I am putting you with those who voted
after
my defense beacuse you voted him
after
my defense. Im assuming you saw my defense of him before you voted him, so why didn't you comment on it then?

Hello. I am
Noodle
. I posted about my intent to vote before your defense. I sent
Goomba
A message saying who I thought we should vote. He came in voted without reading the thread, AFTER your defense, and left.

Get the scenario?
Hydra of
Maruchan
and
izakthegoomba
NoodleGoomba
NoodleGoomba
Goon
NoodleGoomba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:41 am

Post by NoodleGoomba »

In post 290, farside22 wrote:
What I would like from Noodle (no offense Goomba but Noodle articulates a bit better in my view).
To put together a list of whom they both find scummy and why in their next post.

Can't do it in next post, as of 6 hour time difference, I can do my own reads but if you want a combined-reads, you'll have to wait till tomorrow or so, and I can post my reads for him to see and when he takes back over he can post it with his reads.
~Noodle
Hydra of
Maruchan
and
izakthegoomba
fatlikepig
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
fatlikepig
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:23 am

Post by fatlikepig »

Dear God, the lurking. It sucks.
Sproink!
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:01 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

@NG - I really don't care which of you is responsable for the vote. Im more interested in why you cast it without at least skimming what had occured in the meantime, and why you still are not responding to it but seem to be finding the time to argue with me here a bit. I still dont even think you explained the reasoning for the GNR vote in the first place, just seems to be that farside and Hoopla were voting him at the time, which matured into a "posts have been scummy" generality.

Four days to deadline. Step it up everypony. We at least got GNR doing stuff now, still missing whisper and collyer though in the thought department.
You don't earn
loyalty
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:44 am

Post by whispersilk »

Sorry everyone. I moved over the weekend, and my internet has not yet been set up in my new place, so I'll have very limited access for the next two days. I will read the last few pages tonight, and make a catch up post tomorrow.
"That whisper is quite dangerous. She has been correct 100% of the time. Mime vig, scum vig, and now scum lynch. I've never seen such perfect accuracy before o_o. Enemy or not, I tip my hat to her. Her skillz are in the mad category." - hahonryuu, Paris Mafia 3
NoodleGoomba
NoodleGoomba
Goon
NoodleGoomba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:34 pm

Post by NoodleGoomba »

Sorry, I've been busy over the last week or so and I haven't given this enough attention.

I'll post something more substantial as soon as I check in with Noodle.

~Goomba
Hydra of
Maruchan
and
izakthegoomba
NoodleGoomba
NoodleGoomba
Goon
NoodleGoomba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:57 pm

Post by NoodleGoomba »

In post 251, Rainbowdash wrote:
In post 244, Hoopla wrote:But thinking about it, Collyer and whispersilk (two of the lurkers) look pretty town, wouldn't you agree? I actually don't think that takes too much away from the GNR wagon.

Sorta, they are null since I really have about nothing to go from on those two slots, nothing at all if you are going to go past page four or so. They are not scum reads, but you have to be kidding yourself if you are going to call either of those ponies town for doing nothing but just milling around.

If anything, the GNR wagon looks mostly town, and I'm decently confident the last two votes are town (I'm town, and I'm trusting farside at the moment) - there was a large gap in between the third and fourth vote, so the quick jump to L-1 would have been unpredictable if scum was distancing on buddy-Riggs. But I think that quick jump is innocent, so how can judge the whole wagon based on lurkers? I don't think that situation affected the base of the wagon (given Collyer is on it), so why would it affect it now? The only way it's a relevant point is if you believe farside and/or myself are scum.

Does this make sense? I think you're needlessly second-guessing yourself here, or rather, the reason that makes you wary about the wagon is bogus.

I can't ignore my gut here. There is just no resistance to the wagon, at all and that has me twitching all over the place. When the wagon is on a lurker type pony, and there are so many others that fall into the same category, I just cannot come to the conclusion that GNR is actually scum and we just got lucky or something. Im not going to call the wagon all town, im going to be surpirsed if its all town for what I just said. Not sure who the scum on it is, and when you consider that Collyer is a RVS vote, I really can see it being all town, thats not super relevant though. Big wagons like that are not all town, and especially are not all town on scum where there are so so many ponies that a wagon can be pushed to. Also if you think scum doesn't know how to push or at least encourage wagons without being an active participant in them, then I dont know how to explain that. Its not hard to move along a wagon without touching it by playing smart as scum.

Im not needlessly second guessing myself. It makes no sense for GNR to be scum just because of the dynamics of the game. No sense at all. This pattern of votes, picking out one pony from a group that a tell can be applied to, it all is something that reads as town about to get mislynched. Its going to be a mislynch, this is not how wagons on scum go down.

Getting this wagon torn down is something that needs to be done and im just the pony to do it.

@NG - How is it a bad thing that Hoopla is being "chummy" or anything like that?
@DH - So your read on whisper is going to be mostly based off the Hoopla flip or something?

In post 255, Rainbowdash wrote:@NG - If you are going to pull that right now you at least are going to tell me what part of my defense is wrong.
@FLP - What part of my GNR defense do you disagree with?

In post 258, Hoopla wrote:
In post 254, fatlikepig wrote:Reasons, hoopla?

It's a gut-based read on the Noodle half of the hydra, mostly because it reminds me of how I used to play scum when I was new. I think when you're scum, you value your survival a lot more and play in a more calculating, limited way - I know as town when I was new, I was attracted to expansive, creative plays (even if they were frought with danger) and didn't think about consequences as much, but when I played scum, I'd for some reason limit this and overcompensate by ensuring I had a thought process that added up as a safety mechanism, when in reality as town, you're not really that consistent, because reads and thoughts ebb and flow. I think it's natural to become more logical as scum, because it's easy to weave pieces of logic together to concoct believable beliefs, than to just out and out lie.

And that's the impression I get from Maruchan. Some of his posts have a very mechanical, yet limited depth to them. It looks like he is just ticking boxes with his posts - "I should comment on this because this happened", "I should explain this piece of theory", "I should probably ask a couple of questions".

I suppose you're going to want examples of this behaviour, so I'll try and do that for you as well.

The first post that irks me is Noodles' large post on page 1 in the RVS. It's unnecessarily verbose given how little content is in the post. This is the beginnings of Noodles' construction of "content".

This post is my favourite example of what I'm talking about. There is a lot of filler, shallow questions and general theory musing interspersed between the "good stuff". It's difficult to explain why this post rubs me the wrong way, but I really don't think there is much beyond the cosmetic with any of his musings. His outburst at me for when I requested rainbow to make a vote seemed hyperbolic and his subsequent explanation for why he hated it didn't make it seem like his original outburst was appropriate - in the sense, if he hated my request so much, presumably he'd have a strong reason matching that level of vitriol.

It's hard to explain it any more than this, because I feel like I'm already simplifying my thoughts into words that don't fully contain the whole meaning, but read Noodles' posts. This is a request to everybody, not just you. Don't you think there is an air of phoniness about his posts? This isn't the Maruchan I know - he is too calculated, especially for who he is.

unvote

In post 251, Rainbowdash wrote:I can't ignore my gut here.  There is just no resistance to the wagon, at all and that has me twitching all over the place.  When the wagon is on a lurker type pony, and there are so many others that fall into the same category, I just cannot come to the conclusion that GNR is actually scum and we just got lucky or something.  Im not going to call the wagon all town, im going to be surpirsed if its all town for what I just said.  Not sure who the scum on it is, and when you consider that Collyer is a RVS vote, I really can see it being all town, thats not super relevant though.  Big wagons like that are not all town, and especially are not all town on scum where there are so so many ponies that a wagon can be pushed to.  Also if you think scum doesn't know how to push or at least encourage wagons without being an active participant in them, then I dont know how to explain that.  Its not hard to move along a wagon without touching it by playing smart as scum.

Im not needlessly second guessing myself.  It makes no sense for GNR to be scum just because of the dynamics of the game.  No sense at all.  This pattern of votes, picking out one pony from a group that a tell can be applied to, it all is something that reads as town about to get mislynched.  Its going to be a mislynch, this is not how wagons on scum go down.

In post 255, Rainbowdash wrote:@NG - If you are going to pull that right now you at least are going to tell me what part of my defense is wrong.

That's hydras for you. I don't know what went wrong, but I didn't see/read that post. It's possible Noodle got to it in-between me reading pages, so I missed a few posts.

There's nothing specifically wrong with it.

In post 258, Hoopla wrote:
In post 254, fatlikepig wrote:Reasons, hoopla?

It's a gut-based read on the Noodle half of the hydra, mostly because it reminds me of how I used to play scum when I was new. I think when you're scum, you value your survival a lot more and play in a more calculating, limited way - I know as town when I was new, I was attracted to expansive, creative plays (even if they were frought with danger) and didn't think about consequences as much, but when I played scum, I'd for some reason limit this and overcompensate by ensuring I had a thought process that added up as a safety mechanism, when in reality as town, you're not really that consistent, because reads and thoughts ebb and flow. I think it's natural to become more logical as scum, because it's easy to weave pieces of logic together to concoct believable beliefs, than to just out and out lie. 

And that's the impression I get from Maruchan. Some of his posts have a very mechanical, yet limited depth to them. It looks like he is just ticking boxes with his posts - "I should comment on this because this happened", "I should explain this piece of theory", "I should probably ask a couple of questions".

I suppose you're going to want examples of this behaviour, so I'll try and do that for you as well.

The first post that irks me is Noodles' large post on page 1 in the RVS. It's unnecessarily verbose given how little content is in the post. This is the beginnings of Noodles' construction of "content". 

This post is my favourite example of what I'm talking about. There is a lot of filler, shallow questions and general theory musing interspersed between the "good stuff". It's difficult to explain why this post rubs me the wrong way, but I really don't think there is much beyond the cosmetic with any of his musings. His outburst at me for when I requested rainbow to make a vote seemed hyperbolic and his subsequent explanation for why he hated it didn't make it seem like his original outburst was appropriate - in the sense, if he hated my request so much, presumably he'd have a strong reason matching that level of vitriol. 

It's hard to explain it any more than this, because I feel like I'm already simplifying my thoughts into words that don't fully contain the whole meaning, but read Noodles' posts. This is a request to everybody, not just you. Don't you think there is an air of phoniness about his posts? This isn't the Maruchan I know - he is too calculated, especially for who he is.

Yes, I see what you mean. My other head does seem to be out of character here, but people change. He (like me) hasn't been here ages, so you can't expect him to have a set-in-stone playstyle. From my PoV know we are town, I'd say he's just making an effort to play more seriously.

unvote

Why would you just want him at L-2 again, despite what's happened? Just trying to push a lynch through?

Might be more coming soon.

~Goomba
Hydra of
Maruchan
and
izakthegoomba
NoodleGoomba
NoodleGoomba
Goon
NoodleGoomba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:59 pm

Post by NoodleGoomba »

Crap. That failed. Damn you, iOS.

@Mod: can you remove the first four quotes from the above post? They're duplicated.

~Still me
Hydra of
Maruchan
and
izakthegoomba

Return to “Completed Open Games”