Painted Face of Death
Goon
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:47 am

Post by Painted Face of Death »

My scum checklist for DJ:

Subtly pressuring the town to "compromise on a lynch" soon. Check.
Rush to L-1 or lynch someone. Check.
Claiming to speak for the town and set the town's agenda. Check.
Saying disagreement with him is scummy ("if you're town you should be on board"). Check.
As IS pointed out, trying for the lurker policy lynch as an easy lynch with plausible deniability. Check.
Show
This message is actually written in code to my fellow scum

record:
Scum: 99999-0-0

"So while we wait to see that final day, we cannot call a mortal being a townie before heÔÇÖs passed beyond life free from pain." --Sophocles, closing lines of
Oedipus Rex

I survived 5469676572706f63616c79707365 2011.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:17 am

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 349, DeasVail wrote:Delta: Is your play-style always this different on MS?

I play mafia on another site with DeasVail. On that site, my meta is that I'm an extremely aggressive tunneller. There is a sizeable group of people who want to policy lynch me on day one primarily because of this meta. In the last completed game there, I was a VT who ended up causing the lynch of three or four townies. (lol) Slandaar saw some of this in Newbie 1149, where I tunnelled hard on the guy who turned out to be the Town Cop for two days straight. My "high on PCP" playstyle doesn't seem to be effective, so I'm trying to calm down a little bit.

@Painted - You scored a few townpoints with 350. My critique of your case is in bold.

Subtly pressuring the town to "compromise on a lynch" soon. Check. -
This is scummy

Rush to L-1 or lynch someone. Check.
This is scummy

Claiming to speak for the town and set the town's agenda. Check.
Sometimes scummy; probably null

Saying disagreement with him is scummy ("if you're town you should be on board"). Check.
I've actually found this to be a null tell personally

As IS pointed out, trying for the lurker policy lynch as an easy lynch with plausible deniability. Check
This is scummy
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:19 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

Oh I see Don, so now its a join us or die proposition? Shit, you aint a White Knight, youre a fucking cult leader. No thanks and fuck you, I will do my own thing and find scum my own way and not subscribe to the groupthink. No more of this "if youre town" bullshit, stop that.

So I did read the thread and as I suspected, its mostly garbage. Not just garabage, but hyperaggressive, Lord of the Flies style garbage. Youre jumping all over each other on the most incessant bullshit.

DJ: Thinks anyone that doesnt agree with him is scum. Hides it with long, tedious posts and extreme levels of aggression. He is harmless as long as people dont subscribe to his bullshit. Picking me out from the lurkers was a lie, he was already targeting me earlier in the game and now lurker hunting is a convenient excuse.

Slaandar: Just does whatever DJ does.

Sken: Loves playing that victim card. Even so, the initial meta case that most of the discussion spurned from is bullshit.

Painted: Isnt in the DJ cult. Constantly attacked for trying to find scum and disagreeing with DJ and Slanndar.

[J]: Off in her own planet. Seems content to coast for a while and seeing what happens.

Noramp: Whats up with slinking out of the shadows with that vote on me? WTF?

Everyone else falls into the forgettable void since DJ, Slaandar, Sken and Painted have dominated the game so far.

Oh and Deas is the scum. The cheerleading is scummy as fuck. Pushing wagons like a champ and then backing off and letting others beat them up. Constantly weaves in and out of conversations like someone trying to pretend to be useful without being in the spotlight. Time to die, scum.

Vote: Deasvail
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:20 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 347, Internet Stranger wrote:
Patience, geesh. Do you realize how many walls -o- bullshit Don has posted already? I think a bunch of you just like to listen to yourselves type. And whats wrong with Don's shift key? is it broken?

I AM NOT A PATIENT MAN, I HAS SCUM TO CATCH, NEED CONTENT NOW!!!!
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:21 am

Post by Slandaar »

hm, im sure theres a feature that should have prevented that ah well
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:42 am

Post by Slandaar »

I am gonna have to reread, but from memory, your point on DV seems good...
Noramp
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:25 pm

Post by Noramp »

Painted and IS appear to be too obviously on the same wavelength I don't see why two scumbuddies would be so likeminded

UNVOTE: for now. IS I have my reasons for being suspicious of you.

VOTE: Painted I would like to see a painted flip before we go ahead.

J what are your thoughts about IS?

I personally still don't see sken wagon. I'll reread but I've done so a couple times now. I really don't like the fact that some people are using weak meta to push a sken wagon.
Yarr Owlbear!
Skenvoy
Skenvoy
Goon
Skenvoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:20 pm

Post by Skenvoy »

UNVOTE: InternetStranger as he's started posting.
VOTE: Fennin as he's still freaking scum.

In post 314, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 275, Slandaar wrote:or, if you could present the overwhelming case against Painted that would be good too Delta...

The sheer number of alarm bells Painted has raised, from the very start of the game up until now, is staggering. It's been discussed at length in this thread; in fact, the first few pages seem devoted solely to this topic. I don't know if a rehash of individual points will do anyone any good. But I am proceeding cautiously because in my experience, people may seem incredibly scummy even though they are not so. I remember in my first game on here (Newbie 1149, which you were in Slandaar) I tunneled excessively. I have a meta on other sites for playing like I'm on crack, so I've added another layer of contemplation to my analysis. I call it the Zen of Mafia.

@Don_Johnson - Do you think Painted is scum?
@Painted - What's your opinion (at this moment) of Sken?
@Sken - What's your opinion (at this moment) of Painted?

I don't think Painted's scum. In his battles of WoT with DJ, Painted's the one who's been making far more sense (the last few pages somewhat excluded, since DJ's gotten better).

In post 324, Slandaar wrote:@sken: can you give me a list if reads please?

Outskirts Oasis - Null. I haven't got anything from either of them. Hopefully this will change come Monday.
DeltaWave - Hm...I didn't like Monk's playing, but Delta's is okay. I do find it odd that he's got his vote on me when I'm not his top scum read, but he says he's got a reason...leaning town for now, which will change if he doesn't eventually tell me his reason (or what he wanted me to say, etc)
Internet Stranger - It's like dragging water out of a stone. He had to be really pushed to post, then had to be really pushed to read the first pages...IS, why are you so reluctant to post? That said, I don't disagree with his attack on DJ.
Guttersnipe - Town read. His points are good, and he's been posting...fairly regularly.
noramp - He seems to be afraid of taking a solid stance. By thinking I'm not scum, he could be trying to score points off my flip. He's very waffly. Scum read.
Metabot - Is this guy still here? I don't get a newb-town from him at all. Scum read.
don_johnson - Hated his earlier stuff, but he's gotten better. Leaning scum for now.
[J] - Still no read on this guy. This is one person where I'll have to see if others' cases can convince me. Null.
Fennin - SCUM. TOTALLY SCUM. I'm commenting on his last post later, but he did the same thing - unvote without putting down another target.
Deasvail - My read on him is town, but it's totally based on meta. IS has been pretty much the first one to have a scum read on him....still town, for now.
Slandaar - Town read. He's been consistent, and he's not budging from me when a) he probably wouldn't be called out for doing so, and b) there are easier targets to lynch at the moment. Actually, that goes for Deasveil as well.
Painted Face of Death - Town read. Explained previously.

Isn't it funny that of the three people who posted most are the ones I have a town read on?

I'm posting again in a second, re the latest Fennin post.
Skenvoy
Skenvoy
Goon
Skenvoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:30 pm

Post by Skenvoy »

In post 344, Fennin wrote:Sorry for my absence, I’m not surprised that I may look scummy at this stage to most of you because my lack of scumhunting. But I’m surprised that there are no other votes against me. I really expected that I’d have to claim when reading today, because I only partly skimmed this thread. I’ll take time to re read everything and take part in the scumhunt.

In post 211, don_johnson wrote:if it was "scummy", why didn't you say so in the first place? you realize you have done nothing in this game, right?

Yes I admit but I should be more active from now on. It's my 2nd game and my #1st newbie game is still running. Pace is really different.

In post 243, DeltaWave wrote:(4) Fennin - You reacted negatively to Slandaar saying "Fennin might be scum" in #206. From a town perspective, everyone might be scum unless there's an investigative report to the contrary. Why does this provoke a negative reaction out of you?

Because this came out of nowhere, or at least it is an accusation without any reasons with it.

UNVOTE: DJ

First sentence: So are you actually going to scumhunt? It doesn't help much to say "Oh, I see I'm scummy because I'm not scumhunting," and then continue to not scumhunt. And also "Oh, there aren't (m)any votes on me, so I can just keep cruising."

Second sentence: NEWBIE DEFENCE. Why have we not lynched this guy yet?

Third sentence: Reaction testing has been extremely common throughout this game - have you just not been reading it?

AND AGAIN, THE UNVOTE WITHOUT A VOTE! Fennin, does this mean you have NO READS AT ALL?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:47 pm

Post by DeasVail »

@Internet Stranger- You totally ruined my invincible feeling! I hope you're happy now... (Maybe it's for the best though ;) ) In any case, I'm certainly not going to do any cheering for you!

Anyway, in response to your comments on me, I don't see myself as pushing wagons at all. I've been moving between different players a lot because I don't want any scum getting by unnoticed and what to get people to talk so I can get reads on them I guess. I'm not really sure what you find scummy about me.

Noramp, I have a strong feeling that Skenvoy is scum mostly because of inconsistencies of her actions that don't match up with what I've seen of her as town. (My initial vote on page 1 has nothing to do with it in case that's not clear) I obviously don't expect anyone to think Skenvoy is scum for the same reasons I do (except perhaps Delta, but I don't know if they know who each other is XD) so no one else would be able to use meta as a reason to vote Skenvoy.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:15 pm

You can add the very awful and lame meta excuse to vote for Sken that totally disrupted the game for several pages.

"Scum not going unnoticed" is not done by blatant scummy bandwagon jumping.

Youre asking all the impertinent scummy questions and trying to feel people out. Scum do this for role fishing purposes and to determine which townies to kill next. Its a very different thing than townie trying to "get reads on people".

Youre also trying to glam up to people, forcibly trying to get people to think youre town. Townies naturally become town, youre acting like youre trying to win the votes for class president. Look at the difference between you and Slaandar, despite his blatant sheeping of DJ (which he is not trying to break away from), most people think he is town. You flying under the radar still (even Sken trusted you) means that your actions are rather deliberate.

Even now you just tried the same super-friendly suckup bullshit with me. Back in my day, we used to hit weasely-types like you.

Youre still trying to target Sken using meta bullshit.

Youre definite scum and need to go.
Show

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:31 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 359, DeasVail wrote:I obviously don't expect anyone to think Skenvoy is scum for the same reasons I do (except perhaps Delta, but I don't know if they know who each other is XD) so no one else would be able to use meta as a reason to vote Skenvoy.

Wat?

@Skenvoy - I was hoping to generate some pressure with my vote. Apparently no pressure was generated.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Delta, actually I won't explain. They obviously don't like meta much on MS, so I won't let it influence this game any more than it already has.

IS, so you're an RVS lover then? I'm sorry if this is the case.

Definite scum? :O (Delta, are you sure that you and IS didn't swap accs?)

Me flying under the radar means that my actions are deliberate?

My main problem with you is that you are including totally BS reasons for thinking I'm scum. Feeling people out? Yes, I'm trying to work out who's scum. How am I role-fishing? How have I been glam-ing up to people? IS, it almost seems from your post that you're trying to convince me that I'm scum. I think that Skenvoy is scum. What's wrong with that? I don't expect my feeling to convince anyone, as I know I haven't got a proper case.

IS, don't hit me! Can't we just be friends?
Skenvoy
Skenvoy
Goon
Skenvoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:51 pm

Post by Skenvoy »

@Delta: I wouldn't say it didn't generate any pressure - the multitude of votes and pressure on me actually forced me to get my arse in the game and start scumhunting. Maybe the pressure didn't work in the way you were expecting, but (at least from my perspective), it did work.
Skenvoy
Skenvoy
Goon
Skenvoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:05 pm

Post by Skenvoy »

In regards to Deasveil, this just came to me (which might make me question my read of him as well) - our meta on one another is based entirely off another site where the pace is a great deal faster, and the play is quite different as well. I might need to go back and iso him with this in mind (although, I still don't think I'll get a scum read on him...)

But Deas, that thing about me and Delta was really weird. Can you clarify what you meant?
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:10 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

@Skenvoy - PerC?

@DeasVeil - I absolutely hate meta-based arguments so so so so so much. Also, you aren't looking very good right now.

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:12 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Delta, so IS points out the obvious and now I'm not looking good?
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:13 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 366, DeasVail wrote:Delta, so IS points out the obvious and now I'm not looking good?

Your defense is a bit lacking.

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:15 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Why are you mentioning meta-based arguments? I'm not arguing anything. I'm just saying that I get the feeling that Skenvoy is scum. You all can believe whatever you like.

What am I supposed to be defending against?
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:17 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 368, DeasVail wrote:Why are you mentioning meta-based arguments? I'm not arguing anything. I'm just saying that I get the feeling that Skenvoy is scum. You all can believe whatever you like.

What am I supposed to be defending against?

You may be misinterpreting me. The first and second sentences are independent of each other. You mentioned meta arguments in a previous post, you said MS doesn't like them. I said that I don't like them either. The second sentence is referring to your interactions with IS.

Skenvoy
Skenvoy
Goon
Skenvoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:24 pm

Post by Skenvoy »

Delta, you're on PerC? That's what I was talking about.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:45 pm

Post by don_johnson »

Painted Face of Death wrote:My scum checklist for DJ:

Subtly pressuring the town to "compromise on a lynch" soon. Check.

ok. lets not compromise. cause that makes sense.

painter wrote:Rush to L-1 or lynch someone. Check.

"rush" is your word, not mine. i said, "decide on a lynch candidate and put them to L-1". thats kind of how its done. how would you suggest we proceed from here on out? we have 7 or 8 days til deadline. should we not try and organize a lynch?

painted wrote:Claiming to speak for the town and set the town's agenda. Check.

i suggested a method with which to proceed. if you disagree, suggest your own plan. in my experience, town wins more when they organize as opposed to charging willy nilly towards a deadline lynch. but whatevz. apparently IS and deltawave agree with you here. you can't all be scum, can you?

strawman wrote:Saying disagreement with him is scummy ("if you're town you should be on board"). Check.

if you're town, organizing before deadline is a good thing. attempting to sow confusion and chaos is scummy. like i said, if you have a better plan you are free to post it.

painted wrote:As IS pointed out, trying for the lurker policy lynch as an easy lynch with plausible deniability. Check.

ok. i am now going to lurk for ten pages.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:55 pm

Post by DeasVail »

DJ, do you agree with IS's assessment of me?
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:56 pm

About time. Please lurk.

And townie cults dont work. Especially if you propose yourself to be the fearless leader, DJ. All it does is give scum a place to hide in the midst of all the rah rah and lynch! lynch! bloodlust. It allows you to control the game at your whim. Maybe you just have a big ego and you think that youre the gestest hero ever to put on the White Knight armor and think that you, and solely you, can save the town. But, youre wrong. The rest of us are more than capable of finding the scum on our own without your little proposed cult.

Im not going to let you give a scum anywhere to hide. By already only going after people that come after you DJ, youre already giving the scum just that. Youre giving them safe haven.

Maybe youll want to think about that during your lurker hiatus. Oh yea, while youre at it, maybe you can give an opinion on what the rest of the people scumhunting are actually talking about. Im calling Deas to be filthy scum. Is there a reason youre ignoring this rather major point when you were crying to the point of soiling your diaper that I wasnt giving content? Now I give you an extremely good scumlead and you choose to ignore it? Where is you wall-o-text on Deas, DJ? Did I happen to find someone youre very fond of? Are you protecting a scum partner, DJ?

So whats it going to be? You can tell us in 10 pages.
Show

Noramp
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:00 pm

Post by Noramp »

IS do you think lurking for 10 pages is protown? Can you understand a possible town DJ being frustrated with you for doing such? Do you acknowledge that DJ has scumhunted before moving to you?
Yarr Owlbear!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”