The Children of Húrin Mafia (GREAT REVIVAL)

Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2075 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:42 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

I trusted the good in men, and this is where it has led me....
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2076 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:12 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Herod wrote:Nacho has done nothing to change my desire to remove Ellib from play. Definitely over mockingjaye.

Why over Mockingjaye? I haven’t seen anything from that slot that looks particularly Town. Elli / Nacho aren’t necessarily less scummy but I’d like to know what you see in Mockingjaye that says “not Scum”.

Herod wrote:What I see as ideal:
1. Faramina reactivates Magna (I'm assuming this wouldn't cause his death due to Sunandmoon not having been lynched earlier).
2. Lynch feysal; hopefully this also removes furcolow from the game.
3. Sunandmoon vigs Nacho, Nacho flips scum, and Magna investigates someone.

I’d amend this to have 3 say “Amrun vigs Nacho or Mockingjaye” but otherwise I agree that it is a good plan.

VOTE: Feysal

--

Magister wrote:Thats what i'm thinking. Feysal has been a force for bad this entire game. Not really shot who we wanted, despite town asking him too.

Yes, had we lynched Obv-scum Katsuki / Feysal Day 1 instead of listening to whoever said “Lulz, Kats woudn’t rage-quit as Scum” then we would be in a better spot, IMO.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2077 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:03 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

In post 2042, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
@Everyone not MoS
– If you don’t bother to read my response to MoS below please focus in on the important element his response skips – his original assertion that he ‘pushed’ the Smarg lynch. The ISO I did on him clearly shows he ignored the Esp slot until the absolute last second and then went into bus mode. He knows he can’t really argue against it so he ignored it.

Yes, I ignored the person who lurked all game and who I said needed to be replaced before we could do anything with that slot. Then they replaced and posted something that got my attention, so I attacked. Do you not think the post I voted smarg over was legitimately scummy? Why do you not believe that town could have read that post and concluded smarg was worth pursuing?

MoS wrote:You've pretty much just started repeating yourself over and over, so I'm going to wait and respond to this same point all at once.

Then why bother to quote selective parts and say crap like “I’m bored”? You did respond in an typically scummy way to attempt to undermine me by pretending responding to you was repetitive and useless. Scumtastic of you MoS.

I’ll skip all your repetitive crap …

Because I was making a point. It's one thing for a person to make empty statements like "you're just being repititive" or "you're undermining me", it's another thing to prove it. I wanted people to realize that you were tunneling me so bad that you weren't even stopping to make real argument anymore. You're just throwing the same old shit at me over and over.

MoS wrote:
Seriously MoI, your entire argument here has come down to "he didn't pay attention, so he's scum!"
You do realize how little that makes sense, right? You are either claiming that I am scum who skimmed so badly that I forgot about my own faction's kill, or that I'm such a "crafty" player that I feigned missing out on those several facts. Neither of those options are logical conclusions. What exactly would be my motivation for presenting an argument that is so clearly debunked simply by looking at the first post? What evidence have you seen that convinces you that I would be so much more meticulous as town than as scum? That scum-MoS would not have carefully crafted his posts and double-/triple-checked the facts before putting forth his theories? What meta are you drawing this from?

Bolded – Nope, not even close. It’s “MoS’s original post right out of the gate is scummy as all get out. He doesn’t bother to actually look for scum but attack 3rd Party Feysal (easy attack), SunandMoon (not possibly Mafia with Smarg) and myself (I’ll leave you to fill in this but given you’ve already said “I only want to lynch Feysal” it’s pretty clear you know I'm Town) as opposed to looking for Smarg partners”. That’s pretty easy to understand.

I only have so much time to put into this game. You want me to spend time defending myself against your tunneling, spend time attacking the obvlynch Feysal who you even AGREE needs to die, AND find time to do a full game analysis to find smarg's partners? I can only juggle so many things at a time. It's not like this is my only commitment, you should know better.

The rest of your post looks like a a WIFOM parade –

What would be my motivation when my argument was crap?
Let’s see … hoping you can get Amrun / Magister and I at each other’s throats again based on the 'non-resolution", hoping you can get one or two non-partners to not look closely and to have your partners help out if it works? Clearly not out of the question.

That's not even a tenuous accusation, that's outright ludicrous. You think that I have such a low opinion of the intelligence of you, Amrun, and Magister, as well as the entire rest of the town players in this game, that I think I could simply tell you something completely contrary to the facts of the game and have you believe me? You really *do* think I'm a moron, don't you?

Now on the otherside – What motivation for Town is there to post what you did when it was clearly wrong and to not be first looking for Smarg partners? There really isn’t one.

And if I had noticed I was wrong, I wouldn't have ever said it...duh.

What evidence have I see that you are more careful as Town or Scum?
Aside from the WIFOM what does that even mean? Makes no sense at all. You are attacking arguments never made. Do you own a large farm you need to fit with all the strawmen you are building today? Again – I see scum taking a chance, getting smacked down, and backpedelling with “Oh, I missed that”. Again … no reason for Town to have taken the stance you did.

You have a very strange definition of "taking a chance". More like "jumping off a cliff".

If you had even ONCE stopped to think about this situation from my point of view, from even the theoretical standpoint that I could be town, you would know EXACTLY why there was town reason to have taken the stance I did. With 2 claimed roles having the same rolename, a suicidal cop who didn't die, and a claimed vig whose kills seemed to account for all our extra kills without leaving room for the mafia's kills (that was the gamestate as I understood it), it would be ridiculous not to be suspicious of the situation.

What meta am I drawing from
? None at all. I’m drawing from logical scum and Town motivations. I can’t see any for Town (aside from you being a uber-VI level player like Shotty or Furc) but I can see a scum one. A stupid longshot (IMO) as discussed, but still more likely than you are just plain stupid.

You are only considering the perspective that all town players saw the same information you saw. That every town player reads every single posts in its entirety and fully understands the state of the game at all times. From that perspective, yes, there are no logical town motivations to do what I did. But then again, with that assumption made, there are no logical SCUM motivations either! For scum-me to believe I could pull the wool over on this town, I would have to believe that the majority of the town were exactly like me, completely unaware of the state of the game. That directly contradicts the assumption you seem to be using to rule out the possibility of me being town. That is a logical contradiction.

MoS wrote:I didn't say I believe Feysal...I don't even believe he was telling the truth about his wincon, so my opinion of whether or not he shot WoW is irrelevant, since he should die either way. I am trying to figure out why Herodotus believes EVERYTHING ELSE Feysal has said, but only now thinks the claimed SK might lie to us.

Doesn’t make sense. If Feysal was a full Serial Killer looking to survive long term he would not have claimed his ‘limited target list” that by Day 3 ended up having all but one name off it. And he certainly wouldn’t have gone back on his “I’ll shoot Dekes” statement Day 3 if he was a full Serial Killer. Nothing to gain by saying “I think Dekes is Town” and looking to kill anyone else when a bad flip (in this case WoW) screws him immediately.

Again – the most logical conclusion is that Feysal claimed his actual Wincon and took a flier seeing so many dead Protection roles that he could win and escape today.

What reason would SK-Feysal have to believe that he would be unlucky enough to kill two of his claimed target list the first two nights AND have his third target name claimed TWICE on Day 3?
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2078 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:04 pm

So, I just wrote an entire post until I realized that I'd already responded to it. Then I realized that I ended up saying something completely different than I did the first time, so I'm just going post it anyway because it brings up some different points. Then I wrote the next part of my post and forgot to combine the two into one post since this post was sitting in a notepad file while I worked on the other response. So, sorry for the double post. >.<

In post 2031, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
MoS wrote:Actually, I only want Feysal dead right now.

That’s not the point. You started the day attacking all three of those players with complete lack of attention to the facts of the game. It was clearly scummy and your backpedalling doesn’t improve that.

Changing my mind in the face of the fact that I was completely wrong is not the same as backpedaling. By definition, backpedaling means that someone tries to distance themselves from an argument. I'm not distancing. I fully admit to believing those arguments at the time I made them, and I'm not making them out to be anything they weren't. I'm also admitting that I was dead wrong in my interpretation of the game state that caused me to make those arguments.

MoS wrote:Of course I don't think S&M are mafia anymore. Once I found out that we had enough information to discount that possibility, I no longer felt that S&M was a proper lynch. How did you miss that?

The information that discounted that possibility existed before you posted your scummy post. So the ‘Oh, I didn’t know’ stance means either you are a moron or scum. I’m leaning scum.

You don't need to be a moron to be inattentive. In your eyes, there should be two separate sets of possibilities:
1) I am either a moron or a smart player who was inattentive.
2) I am either town or scum.

That leaves four possibilities:

1) I'm moronic town.
2) I'm smart town who didn't pay attention.
3) I'm moronic scum.
4) I'm smart scum who didn't pay attention (or faked it, as you are asserting).

You don't seem to think I'm a moron, as you have repeatedly put me under a burden of proficiency argument (which is a fallacy, by the way). That leaves options 2 and 4. You have yet to explain why you think a
smart
scum player would have ANY reason to believe they could get away with misstating PUBLIC information that would most DEFINITELY be corrected almost immediately. This isn't a case of misrepresentation or misinterpretation, I completely stated the facts of the game wrongly. There is no case to be made for scum attempting something like that as some sort of ploy.

MoS wrote:??? The Seraphs said they were going to do it? I thought *you* told us about it... -_-

Lulz – let’s review since your reading skills suck –

Seraphs via Andy at 1739 wrote:We have one move left today. NO ONE is to lynch before The Baker gives the a-ok. It is not our turn (our last move being made 10/26th at 3:13am and processed circa 10h later). When it is, we will deactivate Magna's power. ANYONE WHO HAMMERS BEFORE THEN IS CONFIRMED SCUM.

Wow, that's embarrassing. I just went back and looked at that post, and I know exactly what happened. I read the first two sentences and my brain just glazed over and didn't register the rest. Fuck. >.< No wonder this shit didn't make sense.

MoS wrote:Clearly my powers of skimming are lacking
of late.

I fixed that to more accurately reflect your reading comprehension all game.

MoS wrote:Since when did I say that quote addressed my push on smarg? You very specifically claimed that I ignored smarg being mafia AND that I ignored smarg being bulletproof. I responded to both of those claims by a) pointing out that I had thought smarg was scum, and b) pointing out that my initial (but faulty) theory at the beginning of the day very clearly took into account that smarg had flipped bulletproof, thus proving that I had NOT, in fact, ignored the flip. My skimming may be terrible, but I at least looked at the roles of the dead, lol...

This is a long paragraph of nothing.

Yet again – your first post showed complete lack of any sort of comprehension of the game state (from a Town perspective). You got laid out when the actual facts were presented and now are backpeddling in an attempt to distance yourself from your own scummy post. Nice.

You really need to stop repeating yourself and avoiding the topics at hand. I very clearly explained comments that YOU addressed to me that had NOTHING to do with my reading comprehension fail, and you responded by saying "lol, you can't read." That's just disrespectful, dude, and it shows that you care more about discrediting me than actually discussing things logically and seriously. I'm disappointed in you.
Permanent V/LA.
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2079 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:10 pm

Post by Feysal »

So it has come to this. I am to be lynched to reduce the number of nightly deaths, since the town has no reason to expect I would try to target scum, and can no longer afford to leave me alive. I can understand this, and I'm cool with it. I have long foreseen this moment would come.

What I'm not cool with are the accusations that I would purposely have played against the town. I can forgive that though, since I have given you no logical reason to believe that I have been trying to target scum, particularly that I targeted Will-o-wisp last night. I would certainly be suspicious myself were I in your position, it simply makes more sense to believe that I tried to achieve my claimed win condition and was prevented by a bodyguard. However, I insist that I have told the truth about my action last night, and that there is a scenario where that makes sense. Explaining this may be against the spirit of the game, and I apologize to Plum for doing this, but my prediction has proved correct.

I want it known that the below is the true account of my actions and motivations in this game, whether I live the day or not.

In post 2042, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Doesn't make sense. If Feysal was a full Serial Killer looking to survive long term he would not have claimed his "limited target list" that by Day 3 ended up having all but one name off it. And he certainly wouldn't have gone back on his "I'll shoot Dekes" statement Day 3 if he was a full Serial Killer. Nothing to gain by saying "I think Dekes is Town" and looking to kill anyone else when a bad flip (in this case WoW) screws him immediately.

Again – the most logical conclusion is that Feysal claimed his actual Wincon and took a flier seeing so many dead Protection roles that he could win and escape today.

Your logic is sound, but your conclusion is still wrong. This is because the premise you base your reasoning on is incorrect.

You assume that if I were a full serial killer, I would have any hope of winning and act accordingly. You assume I would be trying to win.

Think about the circumstances in which my claim was made. MoI had just issued the seraph demand that I claim my role, alignment and action. I could not know what that demand was based on. I could not know how much they knew, or what I could get away with. Furcolow revealing that I was not a town vigilante was even worse. This meant that the range of claims I could make was extremely limited. It is pointless to analyze my choice of claim when there was in fact very little choice involved.

What could a full serial killer hope to achieve by that claim? I did not expect it to keep me alive for more than a couple days, which it has. I never expected it to keep me alive long term. There was no claim available to me that would. The snowball in hell that was my win condition skipped melting and evaporated the moment Furcolow outed me, and I knew it.

The important question you need to ask is what would a third party player do if they deemed their win condition impossible to achieve? My answer is I would do whatever I want. I have no partners whose chances of victory I could ruin. For me, being third party is freedom. So what did I want to do? I wanted to keep playing. I wanted to kill scum. I wanted to enjoy the game, never mind that I could not win.

It is from this viewpoint that my actions make sense. I listened to town input, but I made my own choices who I wanted to kill. Since I did not expect to win, the threat of lynch if I did not comply meant nothing to me. But that was fine, since I wanted to kill scum
anyway
. There was also a remote chance that if I was successful in targeting scum, the town could neglect to lynch me in time. That made it worthwhile to take risks.

There was also the fact that due to my claim, both town and scum had incorrect expectations on who I was trying to kill. This came into play last night. Contrary to what you think, I did plan on killing Dekes as the day was about to end. What changed everything was the flip. The only reason this town had to keep me alive was the belief that I would need to kill Glaurung to win. In fact, the only remote chance I had of winning depended on killing scum other than Glaurung. Once Glaurung was dead, I knew my game was up. No matter who I tried to kill, I expected to be lynched. My only choice seemed to be whether to hurt or try to help the town on my way out. That was when it occurred to me that the scum would be expecting me to kill Amrun or MoI for them. I could protect them simply by letting the scum believe that and then not do it. Instead I could target whoever I suspected most. If I would be lynched regardless, why the hell not? Never mind Dekes, I thought he was more likely town anyway. And maybe, just maybe, if I did succeed in killing scum, the town might be shocked enough not to lynch me.

The rest you know. I chose Will-o-wisp, and I was disappointed to learn that not only were they town, but a bodyguard. I had hoped to surprise town and scum alike by killing scum with my final action instead of the town I was expected to, and then the bodyguard flip had the result that barely anyone even believed I had not tried to kill Amrun or MoI. So much for my graceful exit.

There you have it. If it is not obvious from the story above, I have not told the truth about my win condition. I am in fact a full serial killer. I win if everyone else dies. I have no special reason to kill any of the roles I claimed to have on my list, since no such list actually exists. This last night I enjoyed the thought that scum were expecting me to kill town for them, when I had no reason to. I did try to kill scum, little good though it did.

Now - time for you to consider whether I would have any hidden motivation in revealing this. There is one obvious one I can point out to you myself. If I could convince you that I was a serial killer, and that I was trying to kill scum simply for my own amusement, you could leave me alive for one night to do so. If the above was the lie and the list I claimed was the truth, I could try killing Amrun. As such, do I expect you to believe me? Hell no. I think it would be cool if you made use of my kill for one last time and lynched me tomorrow, but I have no reason to expect you to do that.

Do as you will. If you want to take the risk of trusting me for one more night, I would be pleased to leave the game with at least one scum kill under my belt. Or, if there is anything you would like me to clarify further, or something else you would want to know, ask your questions while I'm here to answer them.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2080 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:18 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

How did you know the names of so many people confirmed to be in the game, though?
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2081 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:19 pm

Post by Regfan »

Feysal, I want to know two things in particular, the first being your exact linkage towards Furcolow and the second being a list of your reads. You claim that you will be able to successfully target and kill scum tonight therefore I'm assuming you've continued following this game and attaining reads.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2082 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:25 pm

Post by Plum »

VOTE COUNT #4.4Nachomamma8 - 1 - Gut
Feysal -
- Empking, Andrius, MagnaofIllusion
mockingjaye -
- kanyeknowsbest, Magister Ludi, Regfan
kanyeknowsbest - 2 - mockingjaye, Furcolow
Sun and Moon - 1 - Nachomamma8
Andrius - 1 - Mastermind of Sin

Not Voting (3): Sun and Moon, Feysal, Herodotus

With 14 alive it will take 8 votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day 4 will be in approximately (but no fewer than) 10 days and will be exactly determined soon.
Last edited by Plum on Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2083 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:31 pm

Unvote, Vote: Feysal

Cute story, but ultimately pointless. You're still an SK who claimed he could win with the town and then went off and started killing protown players that had nothing to do with his wincon. We should have killed you the same day you claimed.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2084 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:41 pm

inb4 "MoS is scum for wanting to lynch the same guy I'm voting instead of keeping his lonely vote on Andy!"
Permanent V/LA.
Herodotus
Herodotus
Black Ops
Herodotus
Black Ops
Black Ops

Post Post #2085 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:49 pm

Post by Herodotus »

In post 2073, Magister Ludi wrote:Thats what i'm thinking. Feysal has been a force for bad this entire game. Not really shot who we wanted, despite town asking him too.
We can't blame him for the shot he chose N3. This is only a practical issue.
In post 2074, Mastermind of Sin wrote:ROFL. *Now* you guys get it? Sheesh. MoI and I have been warning you guys about Feysal all game...
And you were wrong at the time. The game has changed. If Magna and Sunandmoon hadn't claimed, and smargaret hadn't been lynched, I would not lynch Feysal.
In post 2076, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Herod wrote:Nacho has done nothing to change my desire to remove Ellib from play. Definitely over mockingjaye.

Why over Mockingjaye? I haven’t seen anything from that slot that looks particularly Town. Elli / Nacho aren’t necessarily less scummy but I’d like to know what you see in Mockingjaye that says “not Scum”.
I quoted a paragraph of Mockingjaye's on the last page that looked town. Most of what I have seen as towntells from Mockingjaye are like that; she's saying things like a townie would. It's not a major townread, but enough that I'd rather see Ellib/Nacho lynched/vigged sooner.

Mastermind is right that the NK issue couldn't have been intentional, so its not a scumtell, at least not for the reasons Magna is arguing.

Preview edit: read feysal's post. Will comment when I have more time.
Just because a majority of a group of people decide it's okay doesn't mean it's not murder. - Cobblerfone
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2086 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:57 pm

Post by Feysal »

In post 2080, Magister Ludi wrote:How did you know the names of so many people confirmed to be in the game, though?

Part of it was flavor knowledge, part lucky guess. Túrin, Beleg and Glaurung are central characters in the book, and I could not imagine them not being in the game. Brandir I was less certain about, if any of the four proved to be a scum false claim, I thought it would be him. This was why I hesitated to claim who exactly was on my list, and did not confirm Brandir until he was dead.

In post 2081, Regfan wrote:Feysal, I want to know two things in particular, the first being your exact linkage towards Furcolow and the second being a list of your reads. You claim that you will be able to successfully target and kill scum tonight therefore I'm assuming you've continued following this game and attaining reads.

For Furcolow, the honest answer is I don't know if any link exists. I targeted him for kill on night one like I said, and I failed to kill him. This is all I know beyond any doubt.

If you care to hear my theories, my guess that he could share my win condition was an honest one. In fact, my worst fear when Furcolow claimed to have had his win condition altered was that you would think I was an inquisitor. If indeed he has become my partner, I was never informed, and I have to say that I have never seen a dumber move than him outing me.

As for my reads, I will have to keep you waiting as I sort them out. The very fact that I find myself in this position is because I could not identify and kill scum to save my own life. I have no guarantee of being able to target scum now, though I remain capable of killing a suspect.

To give one name, I was thinking of simply killing Mastermind of Sin. I had a look at his games recently, and his stance toward GreyICE in Mafiascum Fantasy Camp for claiming a third party role closely resembles his play toward my slot here.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #2087 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:08 pm

Post by Amrun »

NO IT DOESN'T

FAIL, FEYSAL
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2088 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:12 pm

Feysal, you *do* realize that I correctly realized that GreyICE was full of shit (he was lying about being third-party, if you look at his actual role he was a townie) and attacked him appropriately. My alignment being scum made it lucky for me that we weren't on the same team, but I also pursued lynching him because it's what I would do as town. Of course, there's also a world of difference between wanting to lynch a claimed third party trying to get people to say VHESSKID (I still won't say it on principle =P) and wanting to lynch a claimed third party who is killing off town players.

Just sayin'.
Permanent V/LA.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2089 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:17 pm

Post by Regfan »

In post 2086, Feysal wrote:To give one name, I was thinking of simply killing Mastermind of Sin. I had a look at his games recently, and his stance toward GreyICE in Mafiascum Fantasy Camp for claiming a third party role closely resembles his play toward my slot here.

I was scum with him in that game and other than his hatred for third parties (Which is a playstyle thing rather than an alignment indicator) his play doesn't resemble that game at all. If anything meta-comparing him from this game to that game makes him likely town.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2090 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:28 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

More later today (life is busy right now) but I wanted to say this.

is yet another "One More Day" appeal from scum. I never, ever agree to those.

@Feysal
- You, as usual, have crafted a huge post full of lots of text that says in effect the following -

"Oh hey, I lied to you before. Despite my history of killing Town and doing nothing to kill scum it would be super if you could just let me shoot scum. I swear I'm being honest with you this time!"

That' so stupid I can't even believe you bothered. Seriously. I'll dig out Serial Killer DGB making the same "Oh, just give me one more day" crap emotional appeal in Kunkstar's Cyclical Experiment X01. Had Town been stupid enought to let her "Get a scum kill" she would have won the game.

Your explantion makes absolutely no sense. Why not kill Dekes if were a full Serial Killer? Showing you could be 'trusted' would have made sure that you didn't receive heat today, especially if your Dekes Town approved shot turned up scum. You would have received no pressure from me today had you done as you said. You probably could have continued to string along Town long enough that by the time scum actually got around to killing both Amrun and I Town might have been in a 'Must Lynch Scum" style situation in which lynching you lost the game.

But nope - you stand by your "I swear I didn't try to kill Amrun / MoI and was 'scum-hunting" WoW ... it is just a coincidence that he turned up Town Bodyguard" :roll:

You die today. You should have died Day 1 or Day 2 but Town was full of people who don't understand that claimed 3rd Party killing roles never help Town. And this game has, once again, proven it. You wanted a scum kill? Should have made one while you had the chance.

Confirm Vote: Feysal

Goodbye scum.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Gut
Gut
Goon
Gut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2091 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:24 pm

Post by Gut »

It's kind of silly, but I'm perfectly fine letting Feysal live. Especially with Nachoobvscum running around.

MoI wrote:And this game has, once again, proven it.

Nope. Getting rid of suspects is perfectly useful. Wraith and WoW could've easily been mislynches; I certainly don't doubt that Feysal aimed for scum.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #2092 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:46 pm

Post by Furcolow »

I can confirm Feysal is a Serial Killer, by the way, and we should be lynching scum today
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #2093 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:48 pm

Post by Furcolow »

His win condition didn't have a list of names with it, or why would I even need to appeal to town/the game not already be over? if you believe im +1 to scum, sure, but why would I even claim then?

Feysal has no chance to win unless they have the town
Town has way less chance to live without Feysal
Scum are getting very high in numbers
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2094 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:12 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

What are you saying, Furc? You're basically saying that we should do anti-town stuff, and also ignore you and let you win, which I don't think anybody would be too happy with doing at the moment.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2095 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:24 pm

Furc, I understand that you win with Feysal now, but that's just retarded.
Permanent V/LA.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2096 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:37 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

...and holy fuck am I tired. But I've been procrastinating a little too long on making this post, and I figure I might as well make it so I didn't read this game for nothing.

Andrius:
Not sure what to think as far as he goes. The whole "my role is unknown" schtick is a bit weird, considering that it began with the claim that he didn't have a role, and ended with him saying that his role is "unknown", something he only mentions after Empking tries twice to give him a role. I wouldn't be surprised at all if my bro turned up mafia, and is using the "unknown" crap as an excuse to screw around. From a setup standpoint, I feel like it's more likely that Empking gave out a town role to one and a scum role to the other as opposed to a town role to one and yet is somehow unable to give a role to the other. That, and I find myself pretty fucking dubious that one of the roles that Plum put in the game was "UNKNOWN". Yes, this is a bastard game, but even a bastard game doesn't have a use for a role that has no motivation to play.

MoS:
I can pretty confidently peg MoS as town. He had a bit of a lurking streak in the beginning, but after the Peregrine lynch, he steps it up and begins analyzing a lot more. Things that I especially liked were his attacks on Magna (inaccurate but too ballsy for scum), the attacks on Feysal throughout the game, and the fact that he did not allow the feysal vote to prevent him from pursuing other avenues (in other words, he didn't just park his vote and disappear).

Dekes/Regfan:
Not seeing the Dekes scum that everyone else seems to see. I like him questioning people putting him on town lists early, and I also want to point out that he was one of the only people who stepped back to examine the Empking situation. And while I don't exactly like the was he handled the Sun and Moon issue, I can completely understand where he's coming from. Regfan is also pretty townie, especially based on his request to be recruited by the Seraphs. I don't see a reason why scum would request to be recruited in such a manner (if he were scum trying to be recruited, chances are that he wouldn't just go out and say it, and chances are it wouldn't be him that the scum Seraphs would be pushing to be recruited.

Mockingjaye:
I don't like mockingjaye mainly for her opportunistic tunneling on kanye. She has been very focused on him pretty much the entire game, and really hasn't provided a strong second suspicion. In fact, the only time when mockingjaye has voted for ANYONE other than kanye is when she made her quick vote of smargaret. Notice how the vote was not accompanied with any sort of explanation at all: it seemed far more like a bus vote on a partner to avoid suspicion than anything else.

Gut:
Gut is probably town. There's the Seraph interactions and strong scumhunting backing him up, although I really don't like his floaty period inbetween his Vitamin suspicion and his suspicion of me.

And now my laptop is dying so this will continue later.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2097 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:39 pm

Shit I almost forgot about mockingjaye. We can look at her and Andrius tomorrow.
Permanent V/LA.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #2098 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by Amrun »

aw i wanted nacho to be scum but he isn't
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #2099 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:20 pm

Amrun, you should probably kill Andrius or mockingjaye tonight. Ellibereth would also be acceptable, but far inferior to those two choices.
Permanent V/LA.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”