Newbie #228 - The Doom of Tinytown (Game Over!)

Arvadite
Arvadite
Townie
Arvadite
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 6:51 am

Post by Arvadite »

for clarification purposes, did your face look like your avatar when you realized you had three votes MeMe?
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 7:05 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Second Vote Count of Day One:

MeMe - 2 (Erotomachia, Iammars)
Erotomachia - 2 (viper0933, ChrisV)
Iammars - 1 (RandomActs)
Arvadite - 1 (MeMe)
viper0933 - 1 (Arvadite)

Not voting - no one!

With seven alive, four votes are enough to lynch.

Ordinarily I'd expect people to bold to have their votes counted, but in the case of newbies who are obviously making an effort, Il make an exception (at first). Hence, Arvadite's votes count so far, but now his/her free pass is used up. :P
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 9:04 am

Post by Iammars »

MeMe wrote:
Erotomachia wrote:You seem to be really defensive about it, though.
I believe it's the duty of every player to do their best to stay alive. Being unduly defensive is when you freak out about one vote. Being kinda defensive is when you freak out about two. Getting heated up about three in a newbie game, though, isn't
defensive
, it's dutiful play.
Not always. If sacrificing yourself means giving the town more information, then you might not want to keep yourself alive. But in this case. It is a one-for-one trade, sacrificing a random town player to find a mafia and MAYBE the second (very unlikely). Even a townie would not like this. Therefore, every town member WOULD defend himself or herself agaisnt an attack like this.
Meanwhile, I will not be a part of any speedylynch that could take place, so I will
Unvote
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 10:27 am

Post by RandomActs »

Arvadite wrote:yea thanks, I found that out myself. But in all fairness, my original vote was rushed.
For my own clarification: do you mean the vote itself was rushed, or that you were in too much of a hurry to figure out the bold formatting?
"When all other possibilities have been eliminated, what ever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."- Sherlock Holmes
viper0933
viper0933
Goon
viper0933
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 10:33 am

Post by viper0933 »

Oooh. Arvadite looks like scum. The third vote was pretty suspicious by itself, and saying "it was rushed" only adds to my suspicion.
FOS: Arvadite
For a Harry Potter RPG, go to http://www.rorrpg.com/referral.php?r=Checkpoint , and help me get points by getting to level 10!
Arvadite
Arvadite
Townie
Arvadite
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 10:41 am

Post by Arvadite »

I meant rushed as in I saw two people with two votes so I just picked one, to make it three. Kind of been studying for exams so I just jumped back and forth and picked one. Then i got a chance to look at things and changed my vote.
viper0933
viper0933
Goon
viper0933
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 10:45 am

Post by viper0933 »

That makes sense, but I'm not taking that off yet. Note that I didn't vote for you.
For a Harry Potter RPG, go to http://www.rorrpg.com/referral.php?r=Checkpoint , and help me get points by getting to level 10!
Arvadite
Arvadite
Townie
Arvadite
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 10:50 am

Post by Arvadite »

That is fine, and its understandable if you do.
viper0933
viper0933
Goon
viper0933
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 10:52 am

Post by viper0933 »

Actually, part of that is because you're a newb. I don't want to be hardcore on someone who probably hasn't even played this before. My FOS will still stick, however.
Masterchief
Masterchief
I got a role
Masterchief
I got a role
I got a role

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 10:58 am

Post by Masterchief »

Misplaced post deleted by mod.
viper0933
viper0933
Goon
viper0933
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 11:01 am

Post by viper0933 »

No you can't. Unless you signed up before hand, then you can't join. Please delete that and this post!
Arvadite
Arvadite
Townie
Arvadite
Townie
Townie

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 11:08 am

Post by Arvadite »

Well it could be that or maybe your scum and don't want to be overly aggressive the first day.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 12:22 pm

Post by RandomActs »

So, Arvadite, why were you so eager to cast a third vote?
"When all other possibilities have been eliminated, what ever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."- Sherlock Holmes
Arvadite
Arvadite
Townie
Arvadite
Townie
Townie

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 12:30 pm

Post by Arvadite »

As I mentioned before, I was the only one who had not casted a vote yet and there were two people with two votes each (MeMe and Erotomachia). To try and get things going and the fact that I didn't have time to check on people's posts, I randomly picked one of the two.
viper0933
viper0933
Goon
viper0933
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 12:44 pm

Post by viper0933 »

That sounds like scum to me. You seemed pretty eager to get a third vote out, seeing as you only chose amongst people with 2 votes already.
Arvadite
Arvadite
Townie
Arvadite
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 12:50 pm

Post by Arvadite »

Like I said, its my first game and I was last one to note and wanted to see things move on. But as I also said, I realized what I had done and therefore actually thought things out and recasted my vote. I can't persaude you to think otherwise because I have had to say the same thing three times now.
RandomActs
RandomActs
Goon
RandomActs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 1:07 pm

Post by RandomActs »

This so much deja vu for me. In my very first game I also eagerly cast a third vote on someone to move the game along. And wow, just like this situation, did I ever catch grief for that! So I understand what Arvadite was thinking. But then again, I was mafia in that game. :lol: So...

Unvote: Iammars
Vote: Arvadite

What intrigues however is how candid Arvadite's defense seems to be. Usually scum will manufacture excuses to cover their butts or justify their bogus votes, but I don't see any of that here. Too new to apply that tactic?
viper0933
viper0933
Goon
viper0933
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 1:10 pm

Post by viper0933 »

I am quite suspicious that he's scum. If he's not, then :evil:

Vote: Arvadite
Arvadite
Arvadite
Townie
Arvadite
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 1:16 pm

Post by Arvadite »

As I stated before, it is a game and not the end of the world. And your right if I was scum, I would probably make excuses to cover my ass but I have no reason to because I'm not. Now all you need is one more vote to realize that while your all accusing me, the real scum are the ones being quite so they won't draw attention to themselves.
viper0933
viper0933
Goon
viper0933
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 1:21 pm

Post by viper0933 »

Well... You might be right, but then again, you might be wrong, and you're scum making excuses to save your butt.
Arvadite
Arvadite
Townie
Arvadite
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 1:22 pm

Post by Arvadite »

If I was scum I would have shut up long ago because all I have done so far is dig a deeper and deeper grave. Why not question Chrisv or MeMe who are fairly active members of the board but suprisingly quiet in the thread.
viper0933
viper0933
Goon
viper0933
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 1:27 pm

Post by viper0933 »

If you had gone quiet a long time ago, it wouldn't help very much. If you suddenly act real quiet, people won't just drop the case on you. It doesn't work that way.
Arvadite
Arvadite
Townie
Arvadite
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 1:52 pm

Post by Arvadite »

If that is how it works, MeMe would still be under suspicion the same way I am because she shut up after being accused.
viper0933
viper0933
Goon
viper0933
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 2:00 pm

Post by viper0933 »

It was about 6-7 hours ago. Maybe she's sleeping, or doing other work. We can't be on every 2-3 hours.

(I know you're a newb, but that should be pretty obvious)
Erotomachia
Erotomachia
Goon
Erotomachia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2006 2:14 pm

Post by Erotomachia »

I think everyone's been posting a reasonable amount. But I'm not how quickly Mafia games usually go.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”