Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:50 am

Post by DeasVail »

I don't really think there's much support for an IS lynch, but a skenvoy or painted wagon or maybe even a Delta one and I'll be right on there.

IS, I don't think your case on me is as solid as you advertise it to be, but I don't think you're scum because of it.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:52 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

I dont know DeasScum, Gutter seems to be pretty adamant on killing me, but only "if he can get away with it".
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:52 am

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 491, Painted Face of Death wrote:
In post 472, DeltaWave wrote:Given that I was mistaken originally, and you based your information on my mistake, I'm going to pull my vote for now.

UNVOTE: Slandaar

Strictly from a logical point of view, this unvote doesn't make sense. You just got the day wrong by one, but even so his posts were misrepresenting the deadline. As you pointed out, there was more than a day either way, and you explained to him several times that you'd asked for the deadline to be extended.

A little quick on the trigger to vote and unvote here?

I had accidentally low-balled the length of the day before Slandaar's case. Slandaar then used my representation as to length of the day in his case. I thought his misrepresentation was an intentional scum tactic, but it looks like it was a mistake that I had actually caused. I'm not in the business of lynching townies; if I see a flaw in my case I'm going to pull back my vote based on that case.

I'm guessing that you wanted me to stick on Slandaar because I had expressed suspicion of you and considered you one of my top suspects. You won't get off the hook that easy.

PFoD - What's your opinion on Slandaar? Also, guttersnipe.

P-Edit: I'm in the midst of determining who is worse, PFoD or DV. If I'm still stumped after a while of thinking about it, I'll default to PFoD.
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:54 am

Post by DeasVail »

Ok, so I'm going to ISO Skenvoy and maybe Delta and say what I think. Delta, can you say why you think I'm scum please?
Painted Face of Death
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:55 am

Post by Painted Face of Death »

At this point I'm totally cool with lynching DJ or DV, the latter particularly after the last couple pages of anger and defensiveness. Gutter's being weird and angrily ranting again, like he did with me earlier except at IS, which again makes me think he's town.

If we get a wagon going on DV I'll switch over, though I'd prefer a DJ lynch. I'd rather a NoLynch than anyone else though: no one else seems that scummy that it's worth the risk.
Show
This message is actually written in code to my fellow scum

record:
Scum: 99999-0-0

"So while we wait to see that final day, we cannot call a mortal being a townie before heÔÇÖs passed beyond life free from pain." --Sophocles, closing lines of
Oedipus Rex

I survived 5469676572706f63616c79707365 2011.
Painted Face of Death
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:58 am

DW: I'm leaning towards Slandaar as being town. I had no particular desire to have you keep a vote on Slandaar and I thought your initial vote on him was a bit much: it seemed like an honest mistake, like yours.
Show

record:

"So while we wait to see that final day, we cannot call a mortal being a townie before heÔÇÖs passed beyond life free from pain." --Sophocles, closing lines of
Oedipus Rex

Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:00 pm

Post by Slandaar »

In post 498, Internet Stranger wrote:I been making a pretty damn solid case on Deas.

It was good untill the lurking stuff which is not true. And a couple buzzards seem to be looking at the lynch (Delta/Sken).

Dont you find it off, that people are looking at the lynch but not based on the real core of the case?
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:06 pm

In post 506, Slandaar wrote:
In post 498, Internet Stranger wrote:I been making a pretty damn solid case on Deas.

It was good untill the lurking stuff which is not true. And a couple buzzards seem to be looking at the lynch (Delta/Sken).

Dont you find it off, that people are looking at the lynch but not based on the real core of the case?

When I said that Deas' amount of posts had dropped off, they had actually dropped off in that period of time. He has since picked up his normal pace again and I havent repeated it or used it as a point against Deas.

Yes, it would be nice to actually have people look at Deas and agree that there is a case there and maybe even bring up something that I missed instead of the equivalent of "if the wagon grows big enough ill jump on it".

That will come into play later when combined with other characteristics. We still have too many low level posters to make it an automatic suspicion.
Show

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Painted Face of Death
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:09 pm

In post 507, Internet Stranger wrote:

Yes, it would be nice to actually have people look at Deas and agree that there is a case there and maybe even bring up something that I missed instead of the equivalent of "if the wagon grows big enough ill jump on it".

Ha, I've been looking at DV and pointing things out all game!
Show

record:

Oedipus Rex

DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:10 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 506, Slandaar wrote:

The case against DV is compelling, particularly the point that DV disappeared when the pressure was on, and the fact that DV would be okay with lynching pretty much anyone. But I don't know if that's more suspicious than PFoD.

I'll think it over and have a vote within the next 12 hours or so that I plan on committing to.
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:25 pm

Post by DeasVail »

What I think of Skenvoy:

-Doesn't really express much of an opinion PFoD even though I know she thinks defending is scummy and (rightly) suspected me for it in a game we played. Even without meta, her lack of opinion is a bit strange since Painted was the centre of attention.

-Her early meta-based town read on me didn't make much sense to me, because she knows I change my scum play-style.

-Votes Painted because she's "sick of him defending me when I asked him to stop". It's only when I question her, that she says *Defending is something scum do more often than town so I thin Painted is scum*

-The conviction that Fennin is scum seems weird to me, almost feels forced (I acknowledge that this could very well be my imagination)

-Something I was confused by was her saying that I should have wanted to release more meta since that's what my Skenvoy read was based on. If she is town and knew how much of a distracting influence meta has been on my reads, I don't think she is likely to have said this. I think this is more likely to come from scum.

-Recent accusations against me don't make much sense in my opinion
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:26 pm

Post by DeasVail »

What's wrong with being ok with lynching pretty much anyone?
Painted Face of Death
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:27 pm

Nothing, if you're scum.
Show

record:

Oedipus Rex

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Painted: Yes I am angry because people think I'm scum when I'm not and they don't even have good reasons. Please explain my defensiveness and how this and anger make me more likely to be scum.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:30 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Painted: What's wrong with it if I'm town?
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:43 pm

In post 514, DeasVail wrote:Painted: What's wrong with it if I'm town?

So "lynch them all and let the mod sort them out" is a viable strategy for you? Because thats precisely what the scum want to do.
Show

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:45 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Hmm, no. I've already explained myself. Painted, Skenvoy and maybe Delta now are my serious suspicions. I also made a list of other players who I would support a lynch of if none of my top ones were an option because a no lynch is not good at all.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:53 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I suspect DW mostly because of monk being scummy before replacing out and because of he seems detached from the case against me, but makes useless comments like "DeasVail you aren't looking too good right now" and asking if it will end up being a DV vs. IS situation. IS suspecting me wasn't even a big thing at that stage. And now he can't think of any good reasons to think I'm scum, but still says how there's a small chance I'm town.
Guttersnipe
Guttersnipe
Goon
Guttersnipe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:13 pm

Post by Guttersnipe »

In post 498, Internet Stranger wrote:I been making a pretty damn solid case on Deas. Hell, even Deas can admit to that. Thats called contributing to the game. Thats called actually looking for the scum.

Gutter is taking whatever painted told him and running with it and not doing much of anything. Gutter couldnt even mention who these "scumbuddies" are supposed to be either. For suddenly whos suddenly so active, he really doesnt have much of a constructive opinion over whats happening in the game.

Then again...

In post 474, Guttersnipe wrote:This is stupid. Why did you people wait until the last few days to start throwing suspicion at everything that moves?

IS, how can you expect anyone to take you seriously after the way you've behaved throughout the entire game? How can you expect people to take you seriously with what you have in your sig, for god's sake?

...whos that asshole, again?

It's posts like these also that make me think IS is scum. IS is hard to get a read on, because his play style is so messed up, but one thing that I think makes the difference between IS and IScum is that IS wouldn't be concerned with a couple of votes or statements of suspicion, since, after all, his play style virtually guarantees that he'll get that kind of thing. (And I used to play a lot like IS back in the day, and when I was town I really did not care what people said about me at all.)

No, it's only with a scum role that I could see IS being
so concerned
about his own defense, because with a scum role he would be obligated, of course, to act scummy, as is apparently his mode of doing things all the time - but as scum, of course, he would have to live with the disconcerting realisation that he is playing in a scummy way as scum, which is the reverse of every kind of good strategy in this game.

Thus he is forced to defend himself in the only way he can: by attacking others (since his own play is indefensible), which is what he's been doing this whole time.

But of course none of this can be true because in his sig it's clearly spelled out that he's a tunnelling monster even when innocent, right? (wrong)
Guttersnipe
Guttersnipe
Goon
Guttersnipe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:25 pm

Post by Guttersnipe »

In post 501, Internet Stranger wrote:I dont know DeasScum, Gutter seems to be pretty adamant on killing me, but only "if he can get away with it".

IS, would you be happy with a PFoD lynch?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:27 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Painted has actually moved to the top of my scumlist now
Guttersnipe
Guttersnipe
Goon
Guttersnipe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:33 pm

Post by Guttersnipe »

It is a mystery to me how he can not be at the top of everyone's scumlist, the scumminess of other players notwithstanding.

People ignore his posts all the time, because they are too ridiculous to respond to (like the one above where he talks about having been omgussing you all day long), and imo that's no different from ignoring a lurker, except that a lurker isn't actively scummy.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:37 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Why haven't you advocated his lynch then?
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:02 pm

Post by don_johnson »

yeah. IS could be scum because he did nothing for 10 pages.

then someone said : "hey IS, do something, pleas".

and he did nothing.

then someone else said "hey IS, do something, please."

and he said "yeah, i'll read up, don't you worry."

and he did nothing.

and then someone said "hey IS, hows about you do something."

and he said, "yeah, i'm working on it."

and then he did nothing.

and then someone said "fuck this. if he's not going to do anything, lets vote him."

and then he did nothing.

and then others voted him.

and then he said "oh, the guy who voted me must be scum."

and then that guy lurked.

and then he said "oh, deas must be scum because he has changed his playstyle as soon as i said he was scum.

and then he did nothing.

in other words: he has done nothing., he has not analyzed the entire first half of this thread. he has done ZERO scumhunting in the first ten pages. he has launched an a) OMGUS attack against the one townie who pushed him hard enough to contribute(completely ignoring that townies first ten pages of contribution), and b) launched this irrational diversionary attack on deasvail(still completely ignoring the entire first half of the thread.)

but whatevz. if you assholes want to put your eggs in his basket. go right ahead. not lynching a scummy player because they
always act scummy
, not only sets town up to follow a scumbag, but it also encourages the behavior which entirely shifts the entire site in favor of scum.

IS is the correct lynch today. hands down. sort out his partners on reread after a night of actions.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Guttersnipe
Guttersnipe
Goon
Guttersnipe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:14 pm

Post by Guttersnipe »

^ that