NY 143: Mafia on the Gulf Coast (Game Over!)

Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:18 pm

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

Vote Count:

Zombeh-Pug (3, L-8): Tajun, PeregrineV, Haze
Lowell (2, L-9): Amrun, Nero Cain
Princess Kiwi (2, L-9): Mist Beauty, Pine
Amrun (1, L-10): ConSpiracy
Sampson (1, L-10): Lowell
Super Smash Bros. Fan (1, L-10): mb53
mb53 (1, L-10): Zombeh-Pug
Mist Beauty (1, L-10): Shattered Viewpoint
Pine (1, L-10): Isa
Isa (1, L-10): Sampson

Not Voting (7): Furcolow, Bogre, Alabaska J, MacDougall, Super Smash Bros. Fan, bvoigt, Princess Kiwi
11 votes are required to lynch, 6 at deadline.

Deadline:
Wednesday, November 30, ~11:59 PM US CST (GMT-6)
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.
Princess Kiwi
Princess Kiwi
Goon
Princess Kiwi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:31 pm

Post by Princess Kiwi »

Oh, forgot about that.

What happens if all of your PLs turn out to be townies, plus the NKs? That's 8/25 slots gone in a 4 day period. How long do you plan on keeping up with this PL strategy? Also, it doesn't generate any scum-hunting to lynch simply based off of PL.

And yeah...I'm not the one setting up lynches, Nero is the one asking people to join him.
~Princess Kiwi~

In the immortal words of Workdawg-
"Holy fuck, this just happened?"
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:35 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

lol who said we are going to lynch all 4?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Princess Kiwi
Princess Kiwi
Goon
Princess Kiwi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:37 pm

Post by Princess Kiwi »

Again, tossing out ideas there.

You're already -trying- to set up 2 lynches. I'm just trying to see where you would go from there if they turned out townie. To see how much thought you've given this.
~Princess Kiwi~

In the immortal words of Workdawg-
"Holy fuck, this just happened?"
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:38 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 74, Amrun wrote:Pine, kiwi isn't the one doing that....

But Lowell is seriously a liability in LyLo and that needs to be taken into account. No one else on this list that I know if is that bad.

Borge is actually a good player just a massive lurker. Furc is terrible but I haven't read him in awhile so he might be better now. Out of those 4 the only one I really really wanted was Lowell.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:45 pm

Post by Amrun »

Furc is a crapshoot. He can do well or really poorly, and I'd like to give him a chance first.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Mist Beauty
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:48 pm

Post by Mist Beauty »

In post 56, Amrun wrote:
In post 54, Mist Beauty wrote:

pedit: Amrun, this is why I dislike many of your posts. You don't answer many claims and dismiss people as stupid. This attitude will not get you very far, and turns many people against you, needlessly.

Honestly? I don't care. Once again, there are no "claims" I haven't "answered." I think you are a little mixed up about that. I haven't called anyone stupid, either, and I'm generally liked on the site, so I guess it's just you.

Again, not true. Condescending attitude not noted because it's typical of your play to anyone who isn't "well liked."

In post 22, Amrun wrote:Vote hopping in rvs is completely, 100% invalid
to the point of silliness.
I
t's also not a scumtell anyway.

What is opportunistic about my voting?

I jumped off of a seemingly viable policy lynch option on someone I'd dearly love to policy lynch (and have plenty of meta backing up how much he fucking annoys me and other lynch attempts out of sheer annoyance, sometimes successful) to vote for someone who made an awkward RVS. That is literally the opposite of opportunistic and
I'm not sure you understand what that word means

dismissal of things as "silliness."

In post 36, Amrun wrote:Pine, seriously? It's not "nervous," and
that entire thing is bullshit.
It's trying to move the game out of RVS.
Herpaderp
?

I'd definitely rule "herpaderp" above "stupid"

In post 50, Amrun wrote:oh god the newbies in this game. :(

A large newbie. :(

Oh god the typical condescending attitude in this game. So helpful, I'm loving the activity.

In post 53, Amrun wrote:
I could address how stupid your posts are,
to be frank, but I'm not sure there's a point.
Basically everything you have posted is incorrect for one reason or another
, but I get a general town vibe from your posts.

Hint: I've posted more content than anyone else so far.

p-edit: What reason do you have to think Isa is scum? Is it independent of me?

Actual use of the word "stupid." But second bolded part = typical amrun. Dismissal rather than actually answering a post. Lazy, and I disregard this.

But Lowell is seriously a liability in LyLo and that needs to be taken into account.

Explanations are in order. You constantly put down policy lynches while simultaneously advocating policy lynches. Lowell is not that bad imo, and he's been playing fine in the games I've seen (ongoing).

tldr: False. And you haven't answered what people are saying. You're unresponsive. Condescending attitude, and failing to recognize obvious things is just meh.

I think we can move on from here though, this bores me.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:56 pm

Post by Amrun »

Stupid posts =/= stupid person. And kiwi acknowledged that she's just throwing things out there, and that's fine, and I have a townread on her so far. Doesn't make the things she's posting correct. She's just a newbie; it happens. I have a feeling with some experience, she'll shape right up. Go ahead and argue that "bussing" is a good argument without flips. I dare you.

In general, policy lynches are a bad idea, ESPECIALLY if they stifle conversation. However, perhaps a significant wagon on Lowell will force him to post content. That's worth it. Also, so far, conversation hasn't been stifled.

While policy lynches are to be avoided, with LyLo-liability players, they really need to be acknowledged as a possibility. If they're going to happen, it needs to be day 1, and then seeing how pushed it and how can be really useful as a jumping off point for the rest of the game, with the flip in mind.

I disagree about Lowell, and have NEVER seen him play a game I didn't want to murder him with a rusty spoon in. Worst lurker ever. However, if he proves himself by posting, that's all to the good.

And certainly a policy lynch is a good way to get the ball rolling with a player list that hasn't even posted yet for the most part.

Nobody has said anything I need to answer. Your definition of "things that need answering" is vastly different from mine. Once again, please refrain from using the words "typical" in regards to me, since you don't know me at all. I will say that I
am
abrasive and that is just my personality. I do not mean anything personal to anyone with anything I say. The past week or so I've been kind of bitchy in games and idk why. I'm lacking patience lately.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Mist Beauty
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:01 pm

Post by Mist Beauty »

My cat died today, I'm VERY bitchy as well.

I'll stop now.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:06 pm

Post by Pine »

Bad taste yes/no?

So bad, in fact, that it refuses to display. :wink: On my machine, at least, and I'd imagine on other people's. -ToD
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:49 pm

Post by Amrun »

Not sure what the joke is, but I see it.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Mist Beauty
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mist Beauty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:53 pm

Post by Mist Beauty »

Meh.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:11 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

In post 6, ConSpiracy wrote:
Vote: Lowell

Most likely his last post as well.

zing!
vote: Lowell

In post 24, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 16, Amrun wrote:
In post 7, Nero Cain wrote:We should be PLing one of

Furcolow
Bogre
Lowell
Amrun

vote:Lowell

Lol you wish. In no way, shape, or form, am I candidate for policy lynching. You're just butthurt because I caught you in [redacted] and you didn't think my case was good enough.

I'm not butthurt and you never "caught" me. I attacked you and you were like "ZOMG SCUM IZ AFTER ME!!!" You pretty much derped the whole game and I would rather you not do that here but I find you much much better than Lowell and Furc hence why I voted Lowell.

In post 20, Amrun wrote:Lowell is always an awesome policy lynch, but in reality-land, policy lynches are mostly a waste of town's time. It's better than a totally random vote, however.

I disagree though I can't remember a game where there was a day 1 policy lynch. PL is pro-town. Getting rid of a hard to read/useless player is in the towns best interest. Now if there's a really really good case on someone they should be the days lynch.

Amrun wrote:Vote hopping in rvs is completely, 100% invalid to the point of silliness. It's also not a scumtell anyway.

What is opportunistic about my voting?

I jumped off of a seemingly viable policy lynch option on someone I'd dearly love to policy lynch (and have plenty of meta backing up how much he fucking annoys me and other lynch attempts out of sheer annoyance, sometimes successful)
to vote for someone who made an awkward RVS

These statements contradict each other me thinks. You think "RVS" hoping is NOT scummy but you think "akward RVS posts" are scummy.

vote: Amrun

why are you even CONSIDERING a policy lynch (i hope i find out you are joking later on). as tempting as stringing up Lowell is day one, we can't learn diddly from it. who knows, he could become confirmed town later in the game and we won't have to worry about it.

In post 38, Princess Kiwi wrote:Amrum seems to have early connections with three players now:

Jumping on a PL of Lowell, 1st connection, 2nd connection the minor bussing of Pine (which, I will be keeping an eye out to see where this goes), and Isa's defense of Amrum.

Very interesting so far.

why bring this up? what do you make of "early connections" by themselves?

In post 42, Pine wrote:No, I don't care to provide quotes.

really man c'mon. how am i supposed to interpret things through your eyes?

In post 44, Pine wrote:See,
your
defense of Amrun does come off as a bit scummy. It's just too coordinated and determined,

too townie is a fallacy, fyi

In post 45, Princess Kiwi wrote:Have I defended Amrum? No. I've questionned your attacks with Amrum to see where you're coming from and how strongly you feel about it, and what lengths you're willing to go through to pursue this.

i think we have a winner in this argument.
unvote
looks like RVS ended before i could post :(

In post 50, Amrun wrote:oh god the newbies in this game. :(

A large newbie. :(

says the man with a 2011 join date :P

In post 52, Nero Cain wrote:Why do I have to give content? I'm voting Amrun. If she flips town then Isa is prob scum. I like Pine when he's not flaking on games. :)

if only it were this simple…i'm not sure whether to take you seriously or not

In post 53, Amrun wrote:Hint: I've posted more content than anyone else so far.

i think princess kiwi would like a word with you. maybe pine and nero cain as well.

In post 54, Mist Beauty wrote:I'm getting a vibe that she has too much knowledge.

what does this even MEAN. princess kiwi and pine seem like prototypical town v town on day one. how can you be so sure she is distancing? also defending isn't a scumtell. what do you call it when you write a rebuttal of someone's point against you?

In post 57, Sampson wrote:Hm. The most striking thing to me so far is Isa's townread on Amrun. Mostly because I don't see how RVS vote hopping is a towntell (it's not much of anything, really). I don't think Isa defending Amrun implies a connection between the two, but to make such a statement as severe as a townread with such little content in the game so far is pretty...bizarre. It makes her posts in defense of Amrun forced and less genuine.

Vote: Isa

now this is podracing. i enjoyed playing with you in that game we did. sorry i bungled the track :( oh well. good post btw i'll go reread isa now

In post 58, Pine wrote:I see less scumhunting out of kiwi, and more dismantling of an actual scumhunter's arguments.

well you were arguing with each other over your scumhunting. so that's what i would expect too. i'm really not getting all the kiwi hate floating around.

In post 60, Nero Cain wrote:I've voting Amrun b/c she's a woman

i'm gonna just quote this out of context whenever you accuse me of saying something stupid for the rest of this game lol

In post 64, Nero Cain wrote:lol @ princess for thinking I was serious about the woman thing.

I want a PL so I can say I led a PL on this site. + I needs to talk in my quicktopiks

also I'd lynch furc.

VOTE:LOWELL

this post made me lol three different times. perfect troll post

however trolling fucks with my scumreads so keep it to a minimum or i'll (ironically) policy lynch you

mod do you go to rice university
if you don't wanna say out loud in the thread just pm me but your location is baker which is a college at rice and this is a gulf coast of texas themed game so i'm just curious

In post 70, Nero Cain wrote:Image

All days are equally important but they should never drag. Discussion for the sake of discussion kills town intrest and helps scum lurk.

very true BUT we are 3 pages in. post this when day one reaches ten or so pages.

In post 73, Pine wrote:...

...You're seriously looking at lining up lynches on Page Three? And asking others to do the same?

Unvote
Vote: PKiwi

this post is gonna get my lynched if kiwi flips scum, but you are going full-retard on this case. she's obviously questioning him on his policy lynching stance, correctly implying "what will you do when all you've done is kill a townie"

In post 74, Amrun wrote:Pine, kiwi isn't the one doing that....

But Lowell is seriously a liability in LyLo and that needs to be taken into account. No one else on this list that I know if is that bad.

this is true, Lowell cost me a game in LYLO both as scum and town, if i recall correctly. regardless, do you actually believe policy lynching him would be a good idea?

In post 80, Amrun wrote:Furc is a crapshoot. He can do well or really poorly, and I'd like to give him a chance first.

furc is a crapshoot for the same reason a stopped clock is right twice a day, IMO. he was scum in the only game i've played with him though so i guess he may play better/differently as town.

In post 83, Mist Beauty wrote:My cat died today, I'm VERY bitchy as well.

*snip*

I'll stop now.

:( RIP

after reading Isa, i wanna know: do you really believe vote-hopping in RVS to be anything more than a null tell? the rest of your posts seem sound.
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:18 pm

Post by Amrun »

a) Not a man. b) Not a newbie, though all is relative, of course.

And I made a pretty detailed post about my thoughts on policy lynching Lowell.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:02 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

In post 88, Amrun wrote:a) Not a man. b) Not a newbie, though all is relative, of course.

And I made a pretty detailed post about my thoughts on policy lynching Lowell.

my b on the first one - damn sayings being gender biased!

and you haven't made it clear. you say it's better than a random lynch, but a waste of the town's time, but it's a "seemingly viable" pl, but you just want to pressure him not lynch him (which takes away the threat of a lynch).

you keep saying policy lynches are bad but then saying how much lowell deserves one. so which is it?
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:07 pm

Post by Amrun »

Policy lynches are bad, but suffering a game with Lowell may be worse.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:07 pm

Post by Amrun »

also he knows i will follow through on that shit
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:57 pm

Post by Lowell »

Heh no doubt you'll try. Though I think I'd rather be policy lynched than read half these idiots.

unvote, vote princess
. Post 71 made my day.
Isa
Isa
Mafia Scum
Isa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:41 pm

Post by Isa »

Noted that Pine didn't bother responding to my posts dismantling his nervousness theory, and then went on to disregard it as stupid/cringeworthy/whatnot. Pine, I'll bother you with this until you say WHY I am wrong in #35 and #37.

Princess Kiwi sure likes to make assumptions. If you thought Pine was bussing Amrun and I was buddying Amrun...why not vote Amrun? Also, in response to #38 - it's WIFOM, deal with it, but I believe it to be true,

Alabaska J - I do believe that vote hopping in this meta is a weak towntell, yes.

Those voting Zombeh-Pug based on his first post, read my #32 more.
Lär Känna En Isa

(Bork bork, motherfucker.)
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:06 pm

Post by MacDougall »

Alabaska J wrote:
zing!

why are you even CONSIDERING a policy lynch (i hope i find out you are joking later on). as tempting as stringing up Lowell is day one, we can't learn diddly from it. who knows, he could become confirmed town later in the game and we won't have to worry about it.

So let me clarify your position. You're voting Lowell, but you think lynching him is a bad idea and we won't learn diddly from it?

Come again?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:19 pm

Post by Lowell »

Thanks Mac, but Lowell don't need no help defeating this chumpwagon. Every game has a VLS (voting lowell stage). It'll pass. Folks rarely believe I could have all the looks, brains, and charm
without
having made some faustian bargain with the devil. Understandable.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:23 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 94, MacDougall wrote:
Alabaska J wrote:
zing!

So let me clarify your position. You're voting Lowell, but you think lynching him is a bad idea and we won't learn diddly from it?

Come again?

Wow, don't know how I failed to notice that. Ha.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:55 am

Post by MacDougall »

vote Alabaska J

Voting for someone and in the very same post suggesting it as a poor lynch speaks volumes. You're so confused about which stance to fake that you tripped over your own lies, and on day 1 no less.
Isa
Isa
Mafia Scum
Isa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:55 am

Post by Isa »

In post 87, Alabaska J wrote:

i think we have a winner in this argument.
unvote
looks like RVS ended before i could post :(

Read moar, guys. He unvoted in the same post.
Lär Känna En Isa

(Bork bork, motherfucker.)
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:33 am

Post by MacDougall »

But his post was sooooooooooo long. :oops:

unvote