he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:55 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Unvote: Painted Face of Death
Vote: DeltaWave

Delta, as far as I see it, knowing what kinds of roles neighbours can have is not something that would impact on our ability to find scum and would actually be more useful to the mafia.
Painted Face of Death
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Goon

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:29 pm

Post by Painted Face of Death »

In post 747, DeasVail wrote:
In post 746, Skenvoy wrote:Are neighbourhoods completely random? I mean, not just with the people in them, but also the roles?

How would the answer to this question benefit the town?

It's all up to the Mod. The Mod can assign them randomly or set them up however he/she wants.

It would benefit the town to know if, for instance, the Mod always made neighborhoods of all town, because then we'd know that the neighborhood was all town.
Show
This message is actually written in code to my fellow scum

record:
Scum: 99999-0-0

"So while we wait to see that final day, we cannot call a mortal being a townie before heÔÇÖs passed beyond life free from pain." --Sophocles, closing lines of
Oedipus Rex

I survived 5469676572706f63616c79707365 2011.
Painted Face of Death
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Goon

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:31 pm

In post 749, Noramp wrote:neighbor isnt my role...

I am really confused now. Why did you say you were in a neighborhood with the others if you're not a neighbor? Or are you saying that you have an additional role as well as being a neighbor?
Show

record:

"So while we wait to see that final day, we cannot call a mortal being a townie before heÔÇÖs passed beyond life free from pain." --Sophocles, closing lines of
Oedipus Rex

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:42 pm

Post by don_johnson »

stop rolefishing. neighbors can have abilities in addition to being neighbors. i hav seen neighbor docs, neighbor cops, neighbor 1 shot vigs, etc. there is no reason to discuss roles. anything is possible as long as it fits into the mini-normal ruleset. the wiki used to state that neighbors were players with out of thread communication who didn't know each others alignments. that has been amended since the game i linked to earlier where we had scumneighbors. the possibilities are irrelevant at this time. what you should be addressing is the case on IS, or the case on DV, or the case on DW, or the case on sken, or the case DW claims exists on you but can't produce, or the case on slandaar, etc. at this point we are not really doing ourselves any favors by continuing with irrelevant conversations. deadline or no, we need to come a lynch consensus. once we have an L-1 and a roleclaim, then we can discuss roles etc. seriously, try and see this game from a replacements pov. if someone has to replce in to this game somewhere down the line, its going to be a daunting task. we have plenty of info to sift through. our priority now should be lynching. not being stupid and not being unable to understand the wiki or the rules of this game. this is not the newbie forum and i am not sure why they are letting new players into these games.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Noramp
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:47 pm

Post by Noramp »

anyone else think its odd that painted voted for me for supposedly claiming and is now trying to figure out my role? and i'm saying that neighbor isn't contingent on any role
Yarr Owlbear!
Painted Face of Death
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Goon

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:00 pm

In post 754, Noramp wrote:anyone else think its odd that painted voted for me for supposedly claiming and is now trying to figure out my role? and i'm saying that neighbor isn't contingent on any role

What do you mean, supposedly claiming? You claimed neighbor. Why is it supposedly?

Neighbor is a role, actually. Yes, it is true that you can have any other role in combination with being a neighbor.
Show

record:

Oedipus Rex

Noramp
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:09 pm

Post by Noramp »

neighbor is a role but has no bearing on alignment so why would you vote me for telling you that we have a neighborhood. You then attempt to figure out if i have a role outside of vt. that is definition of rolefishing

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Painted
Yarr Owlbear!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:11 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Noramp, what did you think of Skenvoy's question and Delta's response to my question?

Also, who do we have to decide between for the lynch?
Painted Face of Death
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Goon

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:12 pm

In post 753, don_johnson wrote:stop rolefishing. neighbors can have abilities in addition to being neighbors. i hav seen neighbor docs, neighbor cops, neighbor 1 shot vigs, etc. there is no reason to discuss roles. anything is possible as long as it fits into the mini-normal ruleset. the wiki used to state that neighbors were players with out of thread communication who didn't know each others alignments. that has been amended since the game i linked to earlier where we had scumneighbors. the possibilities are irrelevant at this time. what you should be addressing is the case on IS, or the case on DV, or the case on DW, or the case on sken, or the case DW claims exists on you but can't produce, or the case on slandaar, etc. at this point we are not really doing ourselves any favors by continuing with irrelevant conversations. deadline or no, we need to come a lynch consensus. once we have an L-1 and a roleclaim, then we can discuss roles etc. seriously, try and see this game from a replacements pov. if someone has to replce in to this game somewhere down the line, its going to be a daunting task. we have plenty of info to sift through. our priority now should be lynching. not being stupid and not being unable to understand the wiki or the rules of this game. this is not the newbie forum and i am not sure why they are letting new players into these games.

If you're trying to suggest that I don't understand the rules or the wiki, or that I'm a newbie or a new player, you are entirely mistaken.

And I'm sure you'd like me to focus on others, since you're scum. But right now Noramp and you are the people I'm focusing on. I agree that we should come to a lynch consensus and I suggest we put DJ, Noramp, or DV at L-1 since they are the top scum candidates in my view.

It is irrelevant that neighbors can have other roles; anything is possible. What is relevant now is Noramp's astoundingly bad move of claiming to be a neighbor, on day 1, with no votes on him. Then Noramp said he lied and he wasn't a neighbor. There is no reason to lie if you're town and one of those two must be a lie.

In post 734, Noramp wrote:I'm in a neighborhood with IS and J. IS is acting way more scummy than J and correct me if I'm wrong but there's generally one scum in a neighborhood.

In post 749, Noramp wrote:neighbor isnt my role...

Direct contradiction right there. Noramp also didn't bother to explain why he would do such a scummy thing.
Show

record:

Oedipus Rex

Painted Face of Death
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Goon

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:13 pm

(Claiming on day 1 with no votes, that is)
Show

record:

Oedipus Rex

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:14 pm

Post by DeasVail »

ugh, what Noramp meant was that neighbour isn't a role. Noramp is just part of a neighbourhood. His role is something else (e.g. vanilla townie, doctor etc.)
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:22 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

VC at some point tonight
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
Painted Face of Death
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Goon

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:24 pm

Of course Neighbor is a role. Check the Wiki page if you're not clear on this. How could it not be a role? It gives you the ability to talk to other people privately. Do you think Mason isn't a role either?

"Vanilla townie" generally means someone who has no special ability, so Noramp couldn't be a VT if he's telling the truth about being a Neighbor.
Show

record:

Oedipus Rex

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 762, Painted Face of Death wrote:Of course Neighbor is a role. Check the Wiki page if you're not clear on this. How could it not be a role? It gives you the ability to talk to other people privately. Do you think Mason isn't a role either?

"Vanilla townie" generally means someone who has no special ability, so Noramp couldn't be a VT if he's telling the truth about being a Neighbor.

Well I don't know then, but IS can easily confirm or deny it.
Painted Face of Death
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Goon

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:33 pm

Mod

Fennin hasn't posted for 3 days 15 hours
[J] hasn't posted for 4 days 18 hours
Show

record:

Oedipus Rex

Noramp
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Noramp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:33 pm

Post by Noramp »

Neighbor is a secondary role
Yarr Owlbear!
Painted Face of Death
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Goon

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:37 pm

Noramp, why did you claim? You realize town are generally not supposed to claim on Day 1 unless they're at L-1 (or there's some reason to claim like a massclaim or other strategy such as follow-the-cop)?

And what is a "secondary role"? I do not understand what you are trying to say. Neighbor isn't as powerful as some other roles, but it's still not something you want the scum to know if it turns out all 3 of you are town.
Show

record:

Oedipus Rex

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:17 pm

Post by don_johnson »

painted: exactly how much experience do you have? and is english your first language? you seem to be very slow on the uptake.

noramp: painted is playing like VI through and through most out of all of our candidates.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:19 pm

Post by DeasVail »

How can you tell between town VIs and scum VIs?
Painted Face of Death
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Goon

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:31 pm

DJ: enough; yes; incorrect.

Care to explain why you keep insulting me and what you think I'm doing that's so stupid?
Show

record:

Oedipus Rex

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:41 pm

Post by don_johnson »

you aren't really doing anything but asking questions that seem to be irrelevant to the matters at hand. in other words, you seem to be distracting from actual discussion. it was pretty obvious what noramp meant, and now you claim to understand exactly what he meant. so what is the issue?

why is it anti-town to out a "neighborhood"?

is it "scummy"? if so, what is the scum advantage to scumnoramp outing the neighborhood? it just doesn't make any sense. noramp is obviously most likely to be town of all the neighbors. the only downside i see is if scum knows the neighborhood is town and they can try to play the angle of "one neighbor must be scum" and try to lynch the neighborhood. problem with that is only if town is stupid enough to follow that lead. are you that stupid? is that why it worries you?

sorry for the insults, but your playstyle is incredibly annoying. what do you think of the case on IS and his COMPLETE AND TOTAL LACK OF RESPONSE TO IT.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:43 pm

Post by DeasVail »

DJ, I don't actually know what the case on IS is, other than something to do with not playing like town.

Also, you're missing something. If Noramp is scum, the advantage to claiming is looking more town (to you anyway).
Painted Face of Death
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Goon

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:54 pm

To further my case against DJ and noramp:

In post 753, don_johnson wrote:
stop rolefishing.

1. Note how DJ misrepresents me as "rolefishing," and portrays this as being a bad thing. Obviously it's a good thing to rolefish for scum roles. Note that noramp had just claimed neighbor, then nonsensically said it wasn't his role, so asking WTF he meant by that -- whether he was also claiming he had another role, or he was just lying -- was the obvious question.

Clearly, it's bad for town to claim without a good reason -- in fact, this is why I originally voted for noramp! I am trying to figure out who noramp is and why he acted so strangely, of course, but I don't want anyone who is town to claim a role (without a good reason).

So DJ jumps in and scummily defends noramp here. Noramp then returns the favor:

In post 754, Noramp wrote:anyone else think its odd that painted voted for me for supposedly claiming and is now trying to figure out my role? and i'm saying that neighbor isn't contingent on any role

Here he jumps on the "OMG Painted is trying to figure out who noramp is! He must be scum" wagon, following DJ.

And why would that be odd? Obviously, we don't want townies with roles to claim, but once someone does, then we want to figure out what's up.

In post 756, Noramp wrote:neighbor is a role but has no bearing on alignment so why would you vote me for telling you that we have a neighborhood. You then attempt to figure out if i have a role outside of vt. that is definition of rolefishing

a) Yes, neighbors can be scum, so that's why I voted you for doing something scummy. Town have no reason to reveal the neighborhood to scum now.

b) Well, you claimed neighbor, then implied you had another role, so I'm trying to figure out what is going on here. Again, noramp argues the spurious "rolefishing" accusation.

DJ wrote:
(2) neighbors can have abilities in addition to being neighbors.
[/quote="DJ"]

Well, yes, of course they can. That doesn't mean that they should claim as neighbors. Again, DJ tries to spin this as though this has anything to do with the case on noramp: that's not what's up for debate.

DJ wrote:
(3) the possibilities are irrelevant at this time. what you should be addressing is the case on IS, or the case on DV, or the case on DW, or the case on sken, or the case DW claims exists on you but can't produce, or the case on slandaar, etc. at this point we are not really doing ourselves any favors by continuing with irrelevant conversations.

Since noramp did something really scummy, and this conversation is about noramp, it's kind of odd to call it an irrelevant conversation... unless you're scum.

DJ wrote:
(4) not being stupid and not being unable to understand the wiki or the rules of this game.

Again, more insults from DJ rather than addressing the point. This came out of nowhere: unless DJ actually thinks I misstated a rule and wants to correct it, what is the point of this except just to hurl abuse at his attacker?
Show

record:

Oedipus Rex

Skenvoy
Skenvoy
Goon
Skenvoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:08 pm

Post by Skenvoy »

I was asking not what roles are usually neighbours, but if neighbours are randomised between roles. I guess, what I'm saying is that if the latter is true, then Noramp's claim doesn't help us any more than say...going

Original Roll String: 3d13
3 13-Sided Dice: (3, 1, 4) = 8
Skenvoy
Skenvoy
Goon
Skenvoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:10 pm

Post by Skenvoy »

And saying that it's therefore likely that there's one scum among Oasis (1), IS (3) and Guttersnipe (4), so everyone should vote for who they find scummiest in that bunch.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”