Painted Face of Death
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Goon

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:17 pm

Post by Painted Face of Death »

It's all up to the Mod. The Mod could have put all, none, or some of the scum in a neighborhood. The Mod could have randomized it or done it any other way.
Show
This message is actually written in code to my fellow scum

record:
Scum: 99999-0-0

"So while we wait to see that final day, we cannot call a mortal being a townie before heÔÇÖs passed beyond life free from pain." --Sophocles, closing lines of
Oedipus Rex

I survived 5469676572706f63616c79707365 2011.
Skenvoy
Skenvoy
Goon
Skenvoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:27 pm

Post by Skenvoy »

And the thing is, because we have no way of knowing, I don't believe this should put any more suspicion on the neighbours simply because they're neighbours.
Painted Face of Death
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:39 pm

Exactly. If they even are neighbors, which we don't know for sure.
Show

record:

"So while we wait to see that final day, we cannot call a mortal being a townie before heÔÇÖs passed beyond life free from pain." --Sophocles, closing lines of
Oedipus Rex

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:19 pm

Post by don_johnson »

asking someone to reveal information about their role is a form of rolefishing and it serves no purpose but to give more information to scum.

pfod: do you believe that there is a chance that noramp is lying about the neighborhood and its occupants? really?

Skenvoy wrote:And the thing is, because we have no way of knowing, I don't believe this should put any more suspicion on the neighbours simply because they're neighbours.

^^ this is exactly the point.

DV: can you please find where IS pointed out the "multiple lies" he states i have been posting? can you also find where IS posted about the "contradiction" he claimed to have seen in my post? thats the case on IS: slinging shit with ZERO evidence.

pfod: is noramp at L-1? if its anti-town for him to claim his role, why are you asking him to reveal information about his role? don't you think that it is better to keep that info quiet? what if he is neighbordoc? then you just succeeded in outing a doc? is that going to be good for town? maybe you should just stop inquiring about his "role" and accept the fact that you are an idiot:

noramp claimed neighbor with 2 other players on day 1. he's obviously telling the truth.

pfod: what "issues" did i ignore again? i like your little post, but it seems to gloss over the fact that i did address the issues at hand. ANY TIME YOU WANT TO ANSWER MY QUESTION ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE, FEEL FREE.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Painted Face of Death
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Painted Face of Death
Goon
Goon

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:10 pm

Of course people should keep their roles quiet, which is why I didn't ask noramp to reveal his role, and also why I voted him for claiming and revealing his neighbor role. I did ask him what he meant by his cryptic comment that neighbor wasn't his role, but I certainly didn't want him to reveal any other role, if he has one.

And it is really scummy the way DJ continues to misrepresent me as asking for noramp to reveal information about his role, when I did no such thing and in fact strongly voted him and criticized him for doing so!
Show

record:

Oedipus Rex

evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:08 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

Vote Count 1.6

[J] (0): (Skenvoy)
Metabot (0): (Noramp) (Fennin)
FightingShadow (0): (Painted Face of Death)
don_johnson (0): (Fennin), (DeasVail), (Painted Face of Death)
Skenvoy (1): (don_johnson), (Slandaar), (DeltaWave), (Guttersnipe) (DeasVail), Fennin
DeasVail (1): (Painted Face of Death) Internet Stranger
Painted Face of Death (1): ([J]), (Skenvoy), (DeasVail), Noramp
DeltaWave (2): (don_johnson) Slandaar, DeasVail
Fennin (2): (Slandaar), [J], Skenvoy
Internet Stranger (2): (Skenvoy), (Noramp), Guttersnipe, don_johnson
Slaandar (1): (Noramp) DeltaWave,
Noramp (1): Painted Face of Death

Not voting: Outskirts Oasis, Metabot,

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch
Day 1 deadline is 8:00PM on Nov. 19. This is approximately 18 hours from the time of this post.
Prods: Fennin, [J]
V/LA:
Guttersnipe's attempted vote in 646 was not counted. See the rules.

The Devil's Staircase
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
Guttersnipe
Guttersnipe
Goon
Guttersnipe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:20 am

Post by Guttersnipe »

Vote: PFoD
Guttersnipe
Guttersnipe
Goon
Guttersnipe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:28 am

Post by Guttersnipe »

IS 1
PFoD

DW

Fennin

DV 1
Skenvoy 1

IS, Skenvoy, and DV are not going to be lynched.
Vote PFoD.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:34 am

Post by DeasVail »

I'm not actually so suspicious of Painted now for some reason. Still suspicious, but not as much as I was, say, 24 hours ago, which is really weird.

Anyway, I'll stay on Delta for now.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:39 am

Post by Slandaar »

The neighbour stuff is interesting but it doesnt change anything...

Painted is backing up my read on his early game stance
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:40 am

Post by DeasVail »

Actually, I'm changing my read of Painted to null, although I'm feeling a little high right now, so I'm not sure how I'll feel about Painted tomorrow morning :S
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:42 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 352, Internet Stranger wrote:
Oh and Deas is the scum. The cheerleading is scummy as fuck. Pushing wagons like a champ and then backing off and letting others beat them up. Constantly weaves in and out of conversations like someone trying to pretend to be useful without being in the spotlight. Time to die, scum.

@DV:This is the part of the case i find compelling, the changing style i never said was good.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:46 am

Post by DeasVail »

Oh, ok, that's cool. I'm also getting this weird feeling that gutter is scum for some reason, but I'm not going to trust it too much. Still, I'll be keeping an eye on him XD
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:54 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 736, DeltaWave wrote:
It's so deceptive to call it "100 posts later" when it was about 15 posts in your ISO. You can't count everyone else's posts to make it sound like there was a long time between these two posts.

Yep i am deceiving everyone, so if someone makes 5 posts in a 500post game they cant change their opinion once? huh, seems good.

At the time you voted for me, your case was weak. You've build upon your case with new misreps when it became obvious that nobody was buying it (and several people actually ridiculed it), but let's look at your case
when you voted me
. It was weak. Everyone knew it was weak. But for some reason, that was enough to bring you from your apparently certain Fennin vote to your apparently certain Delta vote. Town doesn't flop around like that. The timeline is clear: you came out with this case against Fennin. It generally wasn't accepted. So you shifted gears onto me.

Why? if i am scum does that benefit me? nope, it does not.

My case was always there, I just hadnt shown it all, a bit like your case? or did you invent your case after you saw mine cos you thought you would look bad?
Nope. I said that I didn't know your meta. As in, I don't know how you play scum
and
town. So I have nothing to compare it to. I can't say "Oh yeah, I know Slandaar's meta and he plays scum this way..." But I do know how you play town, and you are not playing town.

You still have nothing to compare it to, so your stance did change. The sample size of data did not increase therefore to say you wont use it as evidence, then say you will is 100% changing stance.

It's also great how you announce a lynch pool then announce that it's easily manipulated by scum. You're speaking out of two sides of your mouth.

lol, Delta, really?

It's a major scumtell to be pushing for a lynch like you are pushing for a lynch, Slandaar. You want to herd people toward this vote pool regardless of whether or not they think the people in it are scum. A townie does not have the mindset that "any lynch is a good lynch, as long as it's not myself of course." I can't believe that I'm the only one voting for you right now.

Thats not my stance at all, I want people to lynch who I find scummy, I clearly defend certain people in thread, which is funny, because it shows i take stance, which was one of your accusations wasnt it? now, where have you defended someone? oh yeah, you havnt... any lynch but yourself right? Fence Sitting backs this up.
Fennin
Fennin
Goon
Fennin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:40 am

Post by Fennin »

Since Sken isn't going to get lynched, and that I linked her with Painted for being scum :

VOTE: Painted
Fennin
Fennin
Goon
Fennin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:44 am

Post by Fennin »

Sorry for not being present the past few days. I got a prod and asked for a replacement because I can't keep up with with the game, I'm not used to high paced games like this one. My others game are slower so easy to keep up with. I think I won't get replaced before day 2 (or maybe I will if day 1 is extended)
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:50 am

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 788, Slandaar wrote:Yep i am deceiving everyone, so if someone makes 5 posts in a 500post game they cant change their opinion once? huh, seems good.

Nope. I have no problem with opinion change. But opinion change looks suspicious when you go from extreme certainty on Fennin to extreme certainty on Delta based on an insignificant reason.

Why? if i am scum does that benefit me? nope, it does not.

Actually, it benefits you quite a bit. You have generally coasted under the radar for this whole game. I don't think you're going to draw attention to yourself by getting into any of the popular fights that are going on (DJ vs. IS, IS vs. DV, and the general "Sken/PFoD" vs. lots of people melee.) You want to continue to remain on the periphery.

My case was always there, I just hadnt shown it all, a bit like your case? or did you invent your case after you saw mine cos you thought you would look bad?

I've been suspicious of you since my first interaction with you after replacing in. Your very first request of me was
what I thought of your alignment
, which is a highly suspect question because you weren't under fire at all at the time. If you were at L-2 or something, that question would make sense, but for someone who isn't under pressure... that question looks more like "Hey Delta. What do you think of me? am I town? PLEASE SAY I AM TOWN". Most players would be more interested in who I find most suspicious.

You still have nothing to compare it to, so your stance did change. The sample size of data did not increase therefore to say you wont use it as evidence, then say you will is 100% changing stance.

Whatever. I explained my position and it's reasonable, you're just playing word games at this point. I said I didn't know your meta because (up until this game) I didn't know how you played as scum. Can any reasonable person say "I know this person's meta" if they haven't seen them play both sides? Your argument here is poor.

lol, Delta, really?

Yeah, really. Don't you hate it when I catch you in logical contradictions?

Thats not my stance at all, I want people to lynch who I find scummy, I clearly defend certain people in thread, which is funny, because it shows i take stance, which was one of your accusations wasnt it? now, where have you defended someone? oh yeah, you havnt... any lynch but yourself right? Fence Sitting backs this up.

You must be out of your mind if you're going to try to spin defending (which is often a scumtell) into a towntell for you. This is one hell of a strategy. Earlier, you called your flip-flopping on cases to be your towntell, now you say that defending others is a towntell of yours too. What next, are you going to claim that nightkilling is a towntell? rofl. You are so much scum.
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:15 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 544, DeltaWave wrote:
It's not like he stopped posting entirely, but he did back off significantly.

OK, show me you are town Delta:

Show me where he backed off significantly, ie give me the time period in which he did
Guttersnipe
Guttersnipe
Goon
Guttersnipe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:01 am

Post by Guttersnipe »

Painted is now in the lead with
votes.

In other news I wish you two would shut up.
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:28 am

Post by don_johnson »

pfod: by asking him to clarify his statement, you run the risk of outing more information regarding his actual role. i am not misrepresenting you. he claimed neighbor and said it wasn't his "role". you voted him(for god knows why), and then asked him to clarify his statement. it was pretty damn obvious what he meant and there was no reason for him to clarify it, so for you to ask him about it is useless, ignorant, and anti-town.

unvote, vote: pfod

now you are really in the lead. thanks for ignoring my response and not answering my previous question. you and IS are like peas in a pod. you use your ill tempers as smokescreens for your horrible play.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:48 am

Post by evilpacman18 »

Looking for a replacement for Fennin.
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:24 am

Post by evilpacman18 »

Captain Greypatch replaces Fennin. That was quick.
Captain Greypatch
Captain Greypatch
Goon
Captain Greypatch
Goon
Goon

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:13 am

Post by Captain Greypatch »

Hi all! I'm going to read the thread and tell you what I think. Forgive me if I overlook anything you can only take in so much information in a short space of time and I have 32 pages to read.
QT "CG, yeah, I'm scum. But you're still playing horribly, i hope in other games you can learn from this.... You continue to attack, but you really dont have a point..."- Hiplop.

"If you don't want a doubled chance of being vanillarised lynch me or Deasvail"- Me. Who knew powering up scum was a valid tactic?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:25 am

Post by DeasVail »

Welcome Captain! Thanks for replacing into the game with so many pages and don't worry if your read isn't all that thorough.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:29 am

Post by Slandaar »

Im not sure what it is... games im in always have super long day 1s or people suggest they are super long anyway

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”