NY 143: Mafia on the Gulf Coast (Game Over!)

Shattered Viewpoint
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Shattered Viewpoint
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:43 am

Post by Shattered Viewpoint »

In post 246, Pine wrote:Shattered Viewpoint is an alt of Nobody Special. He's trying a new strategy, which I've observed in [REDACTED] and [REDACTED]. This behavior is consistent with those. Efforts have been made to not tolerate his obnoxious lurking, but I'm starting to see a method to his madness and a pattern. To be sure, this behavior helps his scum meta, but standing back and watching the game while aloof from its day-to-days has some benefits for Town as well. My strategy for dealing with him is to let him go for a while and have him accumulate enough content to make a good read.

Thus far, it's 100% null, and the wagon against him is based on a "We don't like lurky assholes" policy lynch.

Pine is 100% town for this.

Also, I need to try not being quite so transparent. :igmeou:
Better than you. Don't doubt me; it won't end well.

Llamarble, summing up my playstyle: "I'm obnoxious wheeee!"
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:44 am

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

Vote Count:

Shattered Viewpoint (7, L-4): Isa, Furcolow, Alabaska J, Bogre, Tajun, Princess Kiwi, Lowell

Princess Kiwi (2, L-9): Pine, PeregrineV
Super Smash Bros. Fan (2, L-9): mb53, MacDougall
Alabaska J (2, L-9): ConSpiracy, Nero Cain
Lowell (1, L-10): Amrun
Nero Cain (1, L-10): Super Smash Bros. Fan
Amrun (1, L-10): Zombeh-Pug
Zombeh-Pug (1, L-10): Haze
bvoigt (1, L-10): Sampson
MacDougall (1, L-10): bvoigt

Not Voting (2): Shattered Viewpoint, Mist Beauty
11 votes are required to lynch, 6 at deadline.
If deadline were to hit right now, Shattered Viewpoint would be lynched.

Deadline:
Wednesday, November 30, ~11:59 PM US CST (GMT-6)
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:07 am

Post by Pine »

In post 250, Shattered Viewpoint wrote:
In post 246, Pine wrote:Shattered Viewpoint is an alt of Nobody Special. He's trying a new strategy, which I've observed in [REDACTED] and [REDACTED]. This behavior is consistent with those. Efforts have been made to not tolerate his obnoxious lurking, but I'm starting to see a method to his madness and a pattern. To be sure, this behavior helps his scum meta, but standing back and watching the game while aloof from its day-to-days has some benefits for Town as well. My strategy for dealing with him is to let him go for a while and have him accumulate enough content to make a good read.

Thus far, it's 100% null, and the wagon against him is based on a "We don't like lurky assholes" policy lynch.

Pine is 100% town for this.

Also, I need to try not being quite so transparent. :igmeou:

See,
this
is the kind of thing I'm waiting for. SV's blatant buddying here just rings suspicious. I didn't say anything that wasn't true, and I would absolutely say the same as scum. So his unequivocal declaration of me to be Town just comes off as currying favor.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Isa
Isa
Mafia Scum
Isa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:31 am

Post by Isa »

UNVOTE: Shattered Viewpoint

I've played with NS in a Newbie game, where he was the town IC, and he lurked and lurked. I'm unvoting because of the same thing happening here, and also because of the interesting wagon that formed - I didn't know that SV=NS btw.

Now to figure out where to place my vote.
Lär Känna En Isa

(Bork bork, motherfucker.)
Isa
Isa
Mafia Scum
Isa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:35 am

Post by Isa »

VOTE: Mist Beauty

A penny for your thoughts...or a vote.

Content during the first day, then BAM I DISAPPEAR, still actively plays other games. Lurking noted.
We're also past page 8. Get yourself together.
Lär Känna En Isa

(Bork bork, motherfucker.)
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:32 am

Post by Amrun »

I hate Alabaska's [url=
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 0#p3599940]post 180.[/url] It's a bunch more contentless filler quote-stripes, with a horrible vote for Shattered Viewpoint mixed in. To top it off, it's followed by:

In post 181, Alabaska J wrote:seeing as i'm voting someone, i'm not sure how you can say i'm not showing suspicions. this argument just reeks of scum trying find someone to lynch and grasping at straws. i want ShatteredViewpoint's horrific cop-out to be discussed more than it is being, so i'll refrain from voting, but i'll make it explicit so you don't have to (gasp) infer anything. i find you suspicious.

You think you're "showing suspicions" by throwing down the EASIEST VOTE IN THE WORLD with zero explanation? You can say after the fact that you wanted more discussion of SV, but you didn't ask him one question. You didn't do anything, in fact, but quote his post and vote him. No questions, no statements, no probing alignment - just "I see this is a good excuse to vote; plop down and move on."

Before this, I kind of took your aimless, filler-filled posting as a sort of posting style, which it probably is, but that progression is legitimately scummy.

Oh, and I am basically never going to read your quote stripes again. There are better, more readable ways of posting, and I think you're using it as an excuse to avoid content.

As Bogre says very well in post 198, Alabaska's posting page-length analysis and gaining NO READS from it. It's a smokescreen, and I think we should all agree not to read his quotestripes to take away his crutch.

VOTE: AlabaskaJ

--

Spoiler: Sampson/ConSpiracy conversation
In post 186, Sampson wrote:
In post 179, ConSpiracy wrote:
Sampson

In post 57, Sampson wrote:I feel obligated to place an RVS vote.

Vote: Princess Kiwi
because kiwis frighten me.

But since it doesn't feel like RVS in here:

Unvote

--
Hm. The most striking thing to me so far is Isa's townread on Amrun. Mostly because I don't see how RVS vote hopping is a towntell (it's not much of anything, really). I don't think Isa defending Amrun implies a connection between the two, but to make such a statement as severe as a townread with such little content in the game so far is pretty...bizarre. It makes her posts in defense of Amrun forced and less genuine.

Vote: Isa

This post is a classic newbscum post. First he wants to make sure that he passed RVS and after that he targets someone for having an early town read, for newbs an easy reason to target someone when it is not a scum tell.

The truth is I just like the silly reasoning portion of RVS. I was just having some fun. It was obvious to me that RVS was just about over by the time I posted. And of course I'm going to find it suspicious if I disagree with the basis for an early game townread.

I completely agree with ConSpiracy here and award him townpoints for it - and for the rest of his post; ConSpiracy is town. Sampson, on the other hand, is making scummy posts back to back. This is something I almost always find scummy; HOWEVER, there's a certain amount of genuineness to his straightforwardness, and I'm not ready to go after it yet.

Sampson, what is your previous experience with mafia?

--

Lowell, can you give me a legitimate reason you're voting for Shattered Viewpoint? Because right now it just seems like you're doing exactly what you talked about in post 236 and going, "A free lynch, no questions asked? Yes, please!"

--

In post 254, Isa wrote:VOTE: Mist Beauty

A penny for your thoughts...or a vote.

Content during the first day, then BAM I DISAPPEAR, still actively plays other games. Lurking noted.
We're also past page 8. Get yourself together.

What is the point of this post? Calling out someone on v/la for activity, in a sole post all by itself? This is the first post of Isa's that gives me bad vibes.

--

Also, bvoigt's vote on MacDougall rubbed me the wrong way. It was such a minor little comment, and the last time I saw him attacking people just for using words like "OMGUS," he was scum in Chesskid's game, previously mentioned, I believe.

However, other things he's said have given me town vibes, like this:

In post 244, bvoigt wrote:NC's accusation of Sampson looks somewhat town. If he was scum, he'd probably just be happy to have someone join him on his mislynch attempt, and wouldn't call someone out on their vote of me.

--

Otherwise, these people are town by varying degrees:

-ConSpiracy
-Nero Cain
-Furcolow
-Bogre

Less so:

-Shattered Viewpoint

By his own merit, he's null, but with the way everyone piled on him for the cheapest reasons ever, I'd bet that he's town. There's too little resistance otherwise. It's not a sure thing, though.

I'm having better luck with townreads than scumreads this game, but I'll take it.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Trumpet of Doom
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Trumpet of Doom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:51 am

Post by Trumpet of Doom »

Mist Beauty has been prodded.

Disregard that. I forgot she was V/LA.
Last edited by Trumpet of Doom on Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Discretion is the better part of valor.
If I helped lynch you, you deserved it.

Retired from playing for the foreseeable future.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:32 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

Gut+

Town

Pine
Bogre
Amrun
Shattered Viewpoint
Nero Cain
MacDougall
Princess Kiwi

Scum

Alabaska J
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Lowell

Null- could go either way- need more content

Mist Beauty
Isa
Zombeh-Pug
Princess Kiwi
bvoigt
Furcolow
Sampson

Need more content

Haze
ConSpiracy
mb53
Tajun

My only game with town Alabaksa had the walls come out much later in the day. I think the early wall looks very insincere.

Unvote.
Vote: Alabaska J
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:50 pm

Post by bvoigt »

I can't 100% verify that this is a new style for SV and NS, but I can definitely verify that he lurks.

In post 247, Nero Cain wrote:@BV-Who are these "couple of scumreads"?

You for most of the game, MacDougall, maybe AlabaskaJ and Sampson. I'd say that Alabaska's style of posting could be a way to get us to avoid reading his posts. But if what he's actually saying seems town, that would be a stronger tell. (I suppose that means I actually need to read his posts.) As for Sampson, I'm waiting for him to answer my question.

In post 249, MacDougall wrote:
bvoigt wrote:
Ugh, I hate it when people use flimsy accusations of OMGUS. If NC is scum, my one lonely vote is not going to have enough of an effect on him that he will go out of his way to call me scum when he doesn't have any sort of reasoning behind it. Therefore I find this accusation opportunistic.

UNVOTE: Nero Cain
VOTE: MacDougall

I was only joking, read more.

It looked like you were serious in the first post and then retracted your comment after Nero Cain clarified....
Princess Kiwi
Princess Kiwi
Goon
Princess Kiwi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:56 pm

Post by Princess Kiwi »

I'm going to step in and say this- I have a slight town read on Nero, but I'm not going to say why. It's a pretty obvious post for those who want to look it up, but if he's town I'm not going to draw attention to the post, because it would only be beneficial for scum. But my I have a slight town read on Nero, and I'm pretty sure he isn't SK or Vigilante based off of this post. Sorry for being so vague, but it's a gut kind of thing that I can't really get much in depth about...especially not with scum reading this >.<

On another note, I have a test tomorrow so this will be my last post for the night.
~Princess Kiwi~

In the immortal words of Workdawg-
"Holy fuck, this just happened?"
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:24 pm

Post by MacDougall »

In post 258, bvoigt wrote:

I can't 100% verify that this is a new style for SV and NS, but I can definitely verify that he lurks.

In post 247, Nero Cain wrote:@BV-Who are these "couple of scumreads"?

You for most of the game, MacDougall, maybe AlabaskaJ and Sampson. I'd say that Alabaska's style of posting could be a way to get us to avoid reading his posts. But if what he's actually saying seems town, that would be a stronger tell. (I suppose that means I actually need to read his posts.) As for Sampson, I'm waiting for him to answer my question.

In post 249, MacDougall wrote:
bvoigt wrote:
Ugh, I hate it when people use flimsy accusations of OMGUS. If NC is scum, my one lonely vote is not going to have enough of an effect on him that he will go out of his way to call me scum when he doesn't have any sort of reasoning behind it. Therefore I find this accusation opportunistic.

UNVOTE: Nero Cain
VOTE: MacDougall

I was only joking, read more.

It looked like you were serious in the first post and then retracted your comment after Nero Cain clarified....

Sorry I thought post scripting things with lol was the universal text marker for sarcasm.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

In post 248, Nero Cain wrote:We should prob be lynching one of Sampson, BV, Alabaska.

vote:Alabaska

reasons are overrated
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:09 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

In post 257, PeregrineV wrote:My only game with town Alabaksa had the walls come out much later in the day. I think the early wall looks very insincere.

Unvote.
Vote: Alabaska J

you mean the game i almost replaced out of because i wasn't playing it until day two?
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:42 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 261, Alabaska J wrote:
In post 248, Nero Cain wrote:We should prob be lynching one of Sampson, BV, Alabaska.

reasons are overrated

I agree.

Why did you leave Amrun out?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Zombeh-Pug
Zombeh-Pug
Goon
Zombeh-Pug
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:53 pm

Post by Zombeh-Pug »

In post 158, Amrun wrote:
Zombie, can you tell me how experienced you are with mafia?

3 completed games.

In post 185, Princess Kiwi wrote:
Zombie:
Post #154. Why the vote on Amrun with no explanation? And- I find it strange that you turn the argument of being aggressive straight back onto Haze, when that was pretty aggressive yourself. I believe Haze may have been trying to ask: why bother stating that you used a die roll in the first place? That kind of takes the 'random' out of the vote, and makes it seem like you're trying to be careful...

Amrun hiding suspicious behavior. Pressure.

Random.org offers true randomness and a good reputation.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:58 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

random.org is a mathematical program so its no all that random.

Though its page 11, time to start doing things pug.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 264, Zombeh-Pug wrote:Amrun hiding suspicious behavior.

What am I hiding?

Bvoigt: Why do you think Nero Cain is scum, especially after you pointed out one major reason he is town?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Tajun
Tajun
Goon
Tajun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:17 pm

Post by Tajun »

You have absolutely got to be fucking kidding me. We shouldn't lynch him because he is trying to build up his scum meta? No. Fuck that. There are precious few times when I would actually support a policy lynch day 1, but a person intentionally playing suboptimally in order to make it easier for him to play as scum is one of them. Fuck him, and fuck his new meta. I suggest everyone on this site policy lynches him until he realizes that this is unacceptable.

Confirm vote: Shattered Viewpoint

The reasoning on Alabaska J is overstated, as he pointed out. But I am curious about this:

In post 263, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 261, Alabaska J wrote:

reasons are overrated

I agree.

Why did you leave Amrun out?

Come again? You were the one with the reasoning. What are you talking about?
"I see little hope for democracy as an effective form of government, but I admire the poetry of how it makes its victims complicit in their own destruction."
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:09 pm

Post by MacDougall »

Wait.

Shattered Viewpoint signed up for this game before he got his role right?

So then "There are precious few times when I would actually support a policy lynch day 1, but a person intentionally playing suboptimally in order to make it easier for him to play as scum is one of them." is failing to address the fact that there is still absolutely no reason to suggest that he is scum, short of trying to get to day 2 without doing anything. I think there are players with bigger crimes though, like most of the other people with votes on them.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:33 pm

Post by Lowell »

SV's "aww shucks, he figured out I'm town, I'm so obvious!" in 250 doesn't impress.
Haze
Haze
Mafia Scum
Haze
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:10 am

Post by Haze »

My apologies to all town in this game.

I am indeed in this game.

I seem to have fallen behind on this game, dammit. Anyways, I just want to ask Zombie pug a question: Do you use the random.org for all 3 games that you've played before?

@Tajun: SV plays like this in both his alt and his main, through lurking. I don't think he's building a new meta specifically for scum. Also, we still have a little over a week for our lynch, I don't see why we should settle for a policy right now. Maybe if there was 3 days left and there was no way of avoiding that wagon. But not now.
~Lu-natic.

Don't say Crazy.
MacDougall
MacDougall
Goon
MacDougall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:42 am

Post by MacDougall »

Haze wrote:My apologies to all town in this game.

I seem to have fallen behind on this game, dammit.

Your dammit rings faux to me. Lol.
ConSpiracy
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
ConSpiracy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:29 am

Post by ConSpiracy »

Alabaska J

In post 181, Alabaska J wrote:well, that's just like, your opinion man. i read people's posts, then respond to them when i feel a need. i don't understand how this makes it a bad catch-up.

Because it makes it seem like you are doing much, when you actually aren't. That was actually exactly what I said.
Alabaska J wrote:how is this post not scumhunting? i brought to everyone's attention a flaw in an argument that makes a response seem scummy. surely i don't need to change my vote with every post i make to point out that i find something suspicious.

1. You didn't even have a vote back up then, so why not voting for the one that you thought at that time that is most suspicious?
2. I suggest you read it. It is putting suspicions without enough confidence of it really being suspicious.
Alabaska J wrote:
In post 179, ConSpiracy wrote:
This shows that he is quite a bit thinking about avoiding to be lynched.

are you saying you aren't? it should be every good town players responsibility not to be lynched. this kind of post is exactly what a scum player would try to make a case out of. i feel only mafia bring up "wanting to survive" as being a scumtell. everyone wants to avoid being lynched, but it's more explicit in the win condition of mafia, so it's an easy misrep to make. i defended kiwi loads because the case against her was pretty rubbish, so i'm just acknowledging how bad that would look if she flipped scum. a poor case can be made against any player; an inexperienced townie can make bad cases against scum, but knowing their alignments doesn't all of a sudden make his or her case good just because he or she happened to be right. i just wanted to say that i was more playing devil's advocate than actually defending princess kiwi because i thought she was town or something.

No. I am not busy with myself being lynched when I am explaining my view on someone else.

Alabaska J wrote:seeing as i'm voting someone, i'm not sure how you can say i'm not showing suspicions. this argument just reeks of scum trying find someone to lynch and grasping at straws. i want ShatteredViewpoint's horrific cop-out to be discussed more than it is being, so i'll refrain from voting, but i'll make it explicit so you don't have to (gasp) infer anything. i find you suspicious.

You mean as in posts like these:
Spoiler: AJ's votes
In post 180, Alabaska J wrote:
In post 147, Shattered Viewpoint wrote:Hi.

unvote

Here's the deal: In large games, I'm useless on Day One. I know this, I admit it.

If we can just get through day one silliness, I'll be much better then.

See you later.

unvote, vote: Shattered Viewpoint

In post 123, Alabaska J wrote:
In post 110, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 67, Princess Kiwi wrote:Hmmm, could've sworn I'd taken my RVS vote off. Guess not:

unvote: ConSpiracy

Unvote.
Vote: Princess Kiwi

I agree with the Lowell policy lynch if necessary, for exactly all of the reasons already stated. That would only be a very last resort, and since we have the whole day for people to scum up the thread, I doubt it will come to that.

@mist- Sorry about your cat. :(

VOTE: PeregrineV

You have a lot of posts and text, but the only thing you wanted to vote for was quotes... That's what I call suspicions.

AJ wrote:speaking of which, ConSpiracy has been conspicuously absent…

............ Did you even read my last post?

Princess Kiwi

Princess Kiwi wrote:
ConSpiracy:

Post 179- I see, though it would have been nice to have content behind the vote rather than just a vote by itself. Also, if it's classic newbscum post, why not at least place a FOS or IGMEOU?

Because that crab I rarely use. Saying I think someone is scummy has the same effect as a FOS or IGMEOU.
Princess Kiwi wrote:-ask this as well because I want an answer from conspiracy

If you want an answer, please ask a question.

Sampson

In post 186, Sampson wrote:The truth is I just like the silly reasoning portion of RVS. I was just having some fun. It was obvious to me that RVS was just about over by the time I posted. And of course I'm going to find it suspicious if I disagree with the basis for an early game townread.

What a crap reasoning. Off course it was obvious the RVS for you was over, though you reacted nervous on it as newbie scums regularly do. Disagreeing =/= Finding suspicious.

Tajun

Tajun wrote:@ConSpiracy: Why the town read on Furcolow?

As this is a normal game, scum should have pre game talk. Furcolow as scum would post in the pre game talk as every scum would do and notices when the game starts when he is not allowed to post in the quicktopic any more.

@Furc, read above

I really do not like bvoigt's posts. Though I am in a hurry so I can't elaborate on that now. Maybe tonight.

@mod, V/La tomorrow and thurday. Not sure if I am able to post
If somebody has tools to fix my scumdar, pm me.
Tajun
Tajun
Goon
Tajun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:55 am

Post by Tajun »

Haze wrote:My apologies to all town in this game.

I seem to have fallen behind on this game, dammit. Anyways, I just want to ask Zombie pug a question: Do you use the random.org for all 3 games that you've played before?

@Tajun: SV plays like this in both his alt and his main, through lurking. I don't think he's building a new meta specifically for scum. Also, we still have a little over a week for our lynch, I don't see why we should settle for a policy right now. Maybe if there was 3 days left and there was no way of avoiding that wagon. But not now.

Ah. Well that is different then, I was under the impression that Nobody Special was far more active (I read a couple of his games, and I don't remember that level of lurking, or anything even close to requesting to not be lynched day 1 since he is "useless then"). My apologies. Is there reason to believe that he will respond to pressure, and start playing more actively if he is the target of a major wagon? (at a meta level that is)

MacDougall wrote:Wait.

Shattered Viewpoint signed up for this game before he got his role right?

So then "There are precious few times when I would actually support a policy lynch day 1, but a person intentionally playing suboptimally in order to make it easier for him to play as scum is one of them." is failing to address the fact that there is still absolutely no reason to suggest that he is scum, short of trying to get to day 2 without doing anything. I think there are players with bigger crimes though, like most of the other people with votes on them.

Okay, I'll bite. What crimes have Princess Kiwi and Super Smash Bros. Fan committed? I've thought about the arguments against them, and they seem pretty weak IMO. There are however people out there with no content whatsoever, who might need a bit of pressure to get going. Seriously, why do they play the game?

PEdit:"As this is a normal game, scum should have pre game talk. Furcolow as scum would post in the pre game talk as every scum would do and notices when the game starts when he is not allowed to post in the quicktopic any more."

But all that the mod said was that he had been informed that the game started (he didn't say when he was or anything like that). I don't really see why this makes him town.
"I see little hope for democracy as an effective form of government, but I admire the poetry of how it makes its victims complicit in their own destruction."
Princess Kiwi
Princess Kiwi
Goon
Princess Kiwi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:55 am

Post by Princess Kiwi »

Sorry guys-

@ mod-
declaring V/LA until Thursday night

Sick + work + school = too much. Also, work is getting stressful the closer it gets to black friday >.<

Will be back Thursday night, but after thursday I won't be on again until Sundayish due to black friday madness at work.

Noted. - ToD
~Princess Kiwi~

In the immortal words of Workdawg-
"Holy fuck, this just happened?"

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”