WoT Mafia, GAME OVER

Was this an enjoyable game?

Yes
30%
No
15%
Maybe
5%
I haven't read the damn game yet, but I need to vote in any polls that come along.
50%

Total votes: 20

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2006 11:22 am

Post by Mariyta »

FOS: PJ
If you don't want to have to answer questions about what you mean, don't make statements that you know people are going to ask questions about. Pretty, um, stupid.. if you ask me, which I know you're not. :)
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Machiavellian-Mafia
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Machiavellian-Mafia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2006 11:27 am

Post by Machiavellian-Mafia »

PJ I think you misinterpreted my post. I tend to write a lot of run-on sentences sometimes. What I mean about "I expected that defense from Mr. Flay and the first thing came out of my mind was exactly that" is that I expected Mr. Flay to come up the defense of cop sanity and what logiticus said was also my reaction to Mr. Flay's defense.
The end justifies the means.
Bascas
Bascas
Townie
Bascas
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2006 11:29 am

Post by Bascas »

petroleumjelly wrote:I am surprised people have started vote for Mr. Flay already again. I think we need clarification from Tamuz, and clarification from Mr. Flay.
This is something I agree on.
\
Also, I missed your prior comment to Flay on role-fishing, my apologies.

who haven't we heard anything from?
1-0
broomhead
broomhead
Goon
broomhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2006 12:00 pm

Post by broomhead »

you havn't heard from me!

i am here and alive. there is 11/14 votes on flay, and i will not put the 12th on because if you notice tamuz never said that he investigated anyone. he just said that we should turn our attention to flay... in poetry form. you all just jumped on that.
BAMB!
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2006 12:21 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

geez, tss, just jump in and start swinging eh?
Am I worrying you?
Mariyta wrote:
First, why is Karn scum?
Second, I can most positively say, I am not scum.
And how do you take the Tamuz poetry?
[Karn wrote:]
Because I didn't bandwagon.
Nice touch there, Karn, putting words of a crap reason into my mouth. If you were hoping to link accusations against you with stupid reasons, a notion worthy of a nobler cause. Unfortunately, you are too obviously scum for it to work. Armlx already picked up on your third scumtell or so.

The people discussing the nature of
a role they state the belief is a cop
are also noted. Maybe Tamuz has a post restriction. Maybe he has a guilty result. Maybe he's trying to be clever. Maybe he's pulling a pj.

And if he is a cop, there's no hurry to lynch Flay. Future nights will give him a sense of his role anyway. Meanwhile we can see who charges off against him and who rushes to his defense and so forth.

Albert the Great is pinging my scumdar for other reasons, which lead to some interesting speculations regarding Channel Delibird, but time will tell.

Yet to post:
2. Axelrod
5. XGreyjoyX
7. Max
9. LoudmouthLee
10. Coron
22. Illumina

Once everybody has logged their opinions, there will be a better sense of interactions, but I'm liking the sense I'm already getting. Right now I think my candidate for scum is better than Mr. Flay. Vote stands.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
mystery meat of doom
mystery meat of doom
Goon
mystery meat of doom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2006 2:39 pm

Post by mystery meat of doom »

Mr. Flay wrote:There are a lot of games here on this site. Why play a complex theme you know nothing about?
Why not? This might actually motivate me to go read the books.
Mr. Flay wrote: Also, major
FOS: mmod
for voting me and putting suspicion on Tamuz at the same time. If you don't believe him, why are you voting me?
Who said I didn't believe him? It certainly wasn't me.
Buy mystery meat.
Ameliaslay
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Woman of the Window Sill

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2006 4:19 pm

Post by Ameliaslay »

If you'll forgive my unfamiliarity, I'm reading up on the theme... and should be more knowledgeable about wot soon... :|
When I hear any man talk of an unalterable law, the only effect it produces upon me is to convince me that he is an unalterable fool.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2006 4:27 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Can we be sure he has info? Perhaps Tamuz just found Mr. Flay's posting style scummy.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2006 5:34 pm

Post by Yamahako »

Ameliaslay wrote:If you'll forgive my unfamiliarity, I'm reading up on the theme... and should be more knowledgeable about wot soon... :|
www.wotmania.com - check out the FAQ on there - its searchable and should be able to give you enough information to find what people are talking about.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2006 9:28 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Checking in.

Although Tamuz's poetry is probably a role restriction (in accordance with Thom Merrelin, as I and others have suspected), I do not believe that Tamuz's vote on Mr. Flay is at all a restriction. If it were, I would wager he would have expressed more directly that his vote was either forced (by another player, most like) or random, or changed his vote upon returning. Instead, he puts accross assurance with his vote (stating that Mr. Flay is scum with no ambiguity), and in fact upon his clarification post, Tamuz said that he
would not lie
. Together, this strengthens my opinion that he probably has some sort of investigation on Mr. Flay, although this does nothing to show whether or not said investigation is correct, if indeed Tamuz's vote was based off an investigative result at all.

Needless to say, I still think there is no point on adding votes to Mr. Flay at the moment. He is close enough to a lynch as it is, and that position will not be changing any time soon. I think we need to hear more from Tamuz before we head any further in this direction.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2006 9:29 pm

Post by SpamWise »

MrBuddyLee wrote:Can we be sure he has info? Perhaps Tamuz just found Mr. Flay's posting style scummy.

Considering he'd only posted once, I doubt that.

A quick glance over Karn's posts gives me enough reason to vote for him. I'll stay away from the Flay wagon at the moment.

unvote

Vote:Karn
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2006 9:48 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

I am going to
vote: Karn
as well, as despite being tempted by Mr. Flay I think we should wait at least another night for Tamuz to more clearly define his role.
#greenshirtthursdays
SpamWise
SpamWise
Goon
SpamWise
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu May 18, 2006 11:20 pm

Post by SpamWise »

I'd accuse your last move of being scummy, but I'm guilty of doing the same thing as well in the post previously.
"The sky will cover you when you fall down"
Bascas
Bascas
Townie
Bascas
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri May 19, 2006 12:21 am

Post by Bascas »

Karn1 wrote:He seems to be pretty over defensive at the moment so I'll go ahead and
Vote: Mr. Flay
as I said I would. In my experience, over-reacting to a guilty investigation is a scumtell.
I don't think he was being
over
defensive. Think about it, 10 people jumped to vote on him after one post the didn't have any proof in it. He should get a chance to be defensive.
My vote stands until more is heard from Tamuz, but

FoS: Karn1
for bad logic
1-0
Karn1
Karn1
Goon
Karn1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri May 19, 2006 6:00 am

Post by Karn1 »

Bascas wrote:
Karn1 wrote:He seems to be pretty over defensive at the moment so I'll go ahead and
Vote: Mr. Flay
as I said I would. In my experience, over-reacting to a guilty investigation is a scumtell.
I don't think he was being
over
defensive. Think about it, 10 people jumped to vote on him after one post the didn't have any proof in it. He should get a chance to be defensive.
My vote stands until more is heard from Tamuz, but

FoS: Karn1
for bad logic
I don't think that it was 10 people voting for no reason, reading over the poem again I think that Tamuz had a VERY good reason for voting Mr Flay.

@TSS: I already said I skimmed over the poem and didn't pick up on the guilty investigation the first time through. As far as I knew, there were 10 people bandwagoning on someone for no reason. Pardon me for holding off on my vote. My options were either, vote with no information (Very pro-town :roll:) Or wait for Mr. Flay to post for me to vote.
Sir, You have no girth.
Gleeman
Gleeman
Townie
Gleeman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri May 19, 2006 7:17 am

Post by Gleeman »

fritzler replaces loudmouthlee, effective immeadiately
Bascas
Bascas
Townie
Bascas
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri May 19, 2006 9:50 am

Post by Bascas »

Karn, good point.

but, after rereading Tamuz's poem I don't see nearly enough ev. to lynch him on the spot and I still think his defenses were necessary.
1-0
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri May 19, 2006 11:00 am

Post by Axelrod »

Hello everyone! Sorry for being late, but I have been out of town.

I've read everything through once (quickly) and I'm unimpressed by Mr. Flay's response to his wagon. It appears almost textbook "mafia caught by Cop day 1" response.

That said, I haven't played with Mr. Flay before, so I can't really say how he normally would or would not react to such an accusation.

It seems to me that he is the one who ought to be giving up more information, however, as opposed to Tamuz. His neck is on the line after all.

Couple other people jumped out at me also. Looks like there could be a lot of scum in this game.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri May 19, 2006 11:24 am

Post by the silent speaker »

Is that so, Karn?
I would probably vote Mr. Flay at this point but I'm pretty sure that would be the 12th vote and I really don't like a bandwagon up to 11 votes before the bandwagonee has at least posted to defend themselves.
Since you say you had missed the fact that the bandwagon was based on an assumed cop result, perhaps you'd care to explain why you would "probably vote Mr. Flay at this point"? And that doesn't even address all the other giveaways in your posts. Squirm, scum.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri May 19, 2006 11:32 am

Post by Fritzler »

hey guys

Vote: Karn
Surfs up dude.
Bascas
Bascas
Townie
Bascas
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri May 19, 2006 11:51 am

Post by Bascas »

the silent speaker wrote:Is that so, Karn?
I would probably vote Mr. Flay at this point but I'm pretty sure that would be the 12th vote and I really don't like a bandwagon up to 11 votes before the bandwagonee has at least posted to defend themselves.
Since you say you had missed the fact that the bandwagon was based on an assumed cop result, perhaps you'd care to explain why you would "probably vote Mr. Flay at this point"? And that doesn't even address all the other giveaways in your posts. Squirm, scum.
good catch.
unvote Vote: Karn
1-0
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri May 19, 2006 4:37 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

For once Fritzler and I agree.
Unvote: Mariyta, Vote: Karn1
. Opportunistic much?

mystery meat, I'm confused. If you believe him, what was the point of casting an FOS at him when you (apparently) thought he'd led you to scum? It looks like hedging your bets to me.

Yamahako has a good point about the nature of Tamuz' role, but I don't think we should give him any more ideas before he comes back and explains what's going on here (in verse, if necessary). I still say a cop coming out D1 with a finger pointed at someone in a large theme game is Bad Play(tm). Investigators are neither that reliable nor that invulnerable.

PJ: Sorry for breaking your stride, I'd have done the same in your place but wanted to get my suspicions out there (I'll always prefer a small reason to vote D1 rather than a random).
Retired as of October 2014.
Yamahako
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Yamahako
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri May 19, 2006 4:53 pm

Post by Yamahako »

Mr. Flay wrote:Yamahako has a good point about the nature of Tamuz' role, but I don't think we should give him any more ideas before he comes back and explains what's going on here (in verse, if necessary). I still say a cop coming out D1 with a finger pointed at someone in a large theme game is Bad Play(tm). Investigators are neither that reliable nor that invulnerable.
This is an excellent point
Unvote, Vote Karn1
. We have time to figure out what's up with Tamuz, if you're scum - we can get rid of you. But Karn1 is obviously scummy by his own actions not by someone elses acusation.
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri May 19, 2006 4:54 pm

Post by Coron »

hmm, too much theme speculation this game, too little mafia playing, too much early info claims.

In any case.

vote: flay
Karn1
Karn1
Goon
Karn1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri May 19, 2006 5:46 pm

Post by Karn1 »

[quote="the silent speaker"]Is that so, Karn?
[quote]I would probably vote Mr. Flay at this point but I'm pretty sure that would be the 12th vote and I really don't like a bandwagon up to 11 votes before the bandwagonee has at least posted to defend themselves.[/quote]
Since you say you had missed the fact that the bandwagon was based on an assumed cop result, perhaps you'd care to explain why you would "probably vote Mr. Flay at this point"? And that doesn't even address all the other giveaways in your posts. Squirm, scum.[/quote]

I would "probably vote him because bandwagons are pretty much all we have to go on day 1, but I don't really want to bandwagon someone to death page 3.
Sir, You have no girth.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”