Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:38 am

Post by Seol »

Dawn breaks over the horizon of Risa, the pleasure planet, and it's a beautiful sight. Golden sunlight oozes over the clear blue sea and catches the kaleidoscope vegetation with a rainbow sensation. There's no sight more impressive in the Alpha Quadrant. You actually stop and wonder if you have something to thank Q for here.

"Morning!" says Q, with an impish grin on his face - and you realise, actually, no you don't. "Guess who was assimilated last night?"

Nobody says anything, you just stare at him icily.

"Oh, ok then. Be like that. It was Karn1, and of course he was
innocent
. Have fun killing each other, see you later!"
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:51 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

BrizzyBoi, aka Deanna Troi, please don't give your result immediately! It's best to put pressure on a few players before you announce your investigation. If we look at yesterday, though we did get scum, it was sorta wasted because we didn't acquire additional information to help us find scum. Let's be wiser today.

Now... who voted for logic? BrizzyBoi, Zindaras, Karn1, DrippingGoofball, and mlaker. We can be fairly certain that BrizzyBoi and Zindaras are Town. Karn WAS Town. I am Town (draw your own conclusions), mlaker hammered when it was obvious logic had nowhere to run.

Who did not vote for logicticus? Shamrock, Leonidas, Mastermind of Sin.

So I am going to look at logic (dead), mlaker, Shamrock, Leonidas and MoS.

logicticus
does not vote
mlaker
votes CES(T)
Shamrock
votes Max(T)
Leonidas
votes Max(T)
MoS
votes Zindaras(T)

Of these, Shamrock and Leonidas were on the Max lynch. Neither voted for logicticus.

I will vote for the lurkermost player of the two:

vote: Leonidas
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:03 am

Post by Shamrock »

Meh, sorry about my inactivity/not being here on day 2.

I'll wait 'til Brizzy reveals his investigation.
Two chainz, four bracelets. Let me see that ass clap, standing ovation.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:09 pm

Shamrock wrote:Meh, sorry about my inactivity/not being here on day 2.

I'll wait 'til Brizzy reveals his investigation.
WRONG!

WRONG!

That's sooOoOooo scummy.

You're not going to say a word until Brizzy reveals his investigation, then you'll vote for whoever he says is guilty?

WOW, that's a brilliant strategy. No one will ever figure out that you're scum if you do that! :roll:
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:16 pm

Post by Leonidas »

Yeah, Drippin'. So basically, you voted a borg who had been fingered by a cop, and that makes you a hero?

FOS: Drippin'

I'd still like to hear from the cop.
[i]"Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by, that here obedient to their laws we lie." [/i]
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:47 pm

Post by Zindaras »

In this case, I agree with DG. The investigation shouldn't be revealed until later in the day. Let's give the scumbags some time to tie themselves together. Day 2 was very short already.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:24 pm

Post by Shamrock »

... so you'd prefer I DIDN'T vote for someone he'd found guilty?
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:30 pm

Post by Zindaras »

Shamrock wrote:... so you'd prefer I DIDN'T vote for someone he'd found guilty?
No. I want him to wait with revealing his investigation, whether or not he caught scum, until later in the day. Then we lynch him. Day 2 was a sham. I think we should get some discussion this time before just going off and killing someone.
BrizzyBoi
BrizzyBoi
Goon
BrizzyBoi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:49 am

Post by BrizzyBoi »

Last night I got a non-Borg result. I will not disclose who as yet because I have been informed that giving the scum confirmed innocents as targets is a bad thing.
"Don't get the impression that you arouse my anger. You see, one can only be angry with those he respects."
Richard M. Nixon
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:33 am

Gack! Brizz, next time, bluff a little! ;-)

Don't even say whether you've got a guilty or innocent. Let the scum sweat, when they're nervous, it increases the chances that they trip over themselves.

Now that the cat is out of the bag, it's better not to disclose the name of the innocent, unless that person is his or her way to be lynched. To further fool the scum, just in case, don't worry about putting in a vote on whomever you got the innocent result. Only remove your vote and announce the person's innocence if they are in actual danger of being lynched.

Also, if we lose our doctor (we haven't, as far as I can see we've lonly lost vanillas) then you might consider giving all the investigation results.

Other people might have ideas on possible strategies.

I have a suggestion. Perhaps you might want to choose someone and we can pressure that person to claim? We have to be very careful here, because since the cop is out, we have to make sure we don't accidentally out the doctor, that is my worry about this plan.

Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:03 am

Post by Zindaras »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Also, if we lose our doctor (we haven't, as far as I can see we've lonly lost vanillas) then you might consider giving all the investigation results.
Actually, you are very much wrong here. As I have already said, CES was masons with me.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:06 am

Yes, Zindaras, you're right. I only looked at the first post when I checked, and I didn't see "Mason" in the obits. But we haven't lost power roles, right?

Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:03 am

Post by Zindaras »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Yes, Zindaras, you're right. I only looked at the first post when I checked, and I didn't see "Mason" in the obits. But we haven't lost power roles, right?
We don't
know
that, as far as I'm concerned. In games with setups like this, it is possible that the Mafia knows who they're hitting and the town doesn't. But, seeing as we don't even get to know the roles of the lynched people, I think that everyone's in darkness now.

Though it could be that our first death, Thesp, was the Forensic and that that's why we don't get to know any roles anymore. But, personally, I doubt that's the case.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:41 am

Forensic, erm, I never heard of that, so it's no surprise I didn't think about it...

Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:22 am

Post by Leonidas »

I agree with the cop: keep your result secret unless the bandwagon goes towards someone you know is innocent.
DrippingGoofball wrote:We have to be very careful here, because since the cop is out, we have to make sure we don't accidentally out the doctor, that is my worry about this plan.
If you worry about this, then you're probably not the doc, so you're as good as anyone.

Let me pressure you a bit... :D

vote: DrippingGoofball
[i]"Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by, that here obedient to their laws we lie." [/i]
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:37 am

Post by Zindaras »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Forensic, erm, I never heard of that, so it's no surprise I didn't think about it...
Forensic-As long as he's alive, we get to know alignment and role of dead players. When he dies, we only get to know alignment.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:04 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

DrippingGoofball wrote:BrizzyBoi, aka Deanna Troi, please don't give your result immediately! It's best to put pressure on a few players before you announce your investigation. If we look at yesterday, though we did get scum, it was sorta wasted because we didn't acquire additional information to help us find scum. Let's be wiser today.

Now... who voted for logic? BrizzyBoi, Zindaras, Karn1, DrippingGoofball, and mlaker. We can be fairly certain that BrizzyBoi and Zindaras are Town. Karn WAS Town. I am Town (draw your own conclusions), mlaker hammered when it was obvious logic had nowhere to run.

Who did not vote for logicticus? Shamrock, Leonidas, Mastermind of Sin.

So I am going to look at logic (dead), mlaker, Shamrock, Leonidas and MoS.

logicticus
does not vote
mlaker
votes CES(T)
Shamrock
votes Max(T)
Leonidas
votes Max(T)
MoS
votes Zindaras(T)

Of these, Shamrock and Leonidas were on the Max lynch. Neither voted for logicticus.

I will vote for the lurkermost player of the two:

vote: Leonidas
how does voting or not voting for logicticus mean anything? he was quicklynched; the day began and ended before I even had a chance to check the thread again. I wouldn't be surprised of others had the same thing happen.

FoS: DrippingGoofball
for trying to create suspicion using faulty reasoning.
Permanent V/LA.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:03 am

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
FoS: DrippingGoofball
for trying to create suspicion using faulty reasoning.
Faulty or not, at least, I'm trying to find scum. Are you? Is anyone else?

I'm the only one saying anything, and my efforts are rewarded with votes and suspicions.

That was Leonidas' first response, so I think I might be on the right track. Hey, anyone noticed he still offered no thought or input on the game, and limited himself to firing off a quickie FOS and disappearing into the woods again? NO! No one noticed this, why? 'Cuz no one is trying to find scum. Then he returns and solidifies this with a vote, on account of my not being the doc... and continues to inject zero insight into the game. Just wants to pressure me, because I am RIGHTLY pressuring him. Thank you very much Leonidas, but unlike you I have not been a regular non-contributor.

Then wait... MoS finds ME suspicious, not Leonidas! He is supporting Leonidas.

Smells like scumbuddies to me.

mlaker
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
I'm just a stuffed dog!

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:30 am

Post by mlaker »

I think Dripping Goofball was just trying to gauge reactions, however I don't see at this moment how he or Leonidas are acting that scummy.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:34 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

DG, I just don't have time to go indepth into stuff atm. I merely noticed your post as I was skimming the thread. So yes, I am not actively searching for scum at this time. I'm not actively doing
anything
, since I haven't been feeling all that well, lately. Perhaps later this week I can be more productive.
Permanent V/LA.
Shamrock
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Shamrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:19 am

Post by Shamrock »

Actually, I have to at least partially agree wtih Leodinas. DG is giving me massively bad vibes for some reason; then again, the points against Leodinas are also solid.

FOS: DG, Leo
until I decide. I'll post later with a vote.
mlaker
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
I'm just a stuffed dog!

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:28 am

Post by mlaker »

You agree with both accusations of scumminess? They're accusing each other!
FOS Shamrock
Sounds to me like you're trying to disappear amongst the posts not be noticed.
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:50 am

Post by Leonidas »

<- don't like Shamrock's post at all. Actually, I'm getting more scum vibes from him than from DG.

unvote, vote: Shamrock
mlaker
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
I'm just a stuffed dog!

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:23 am

Post by mlaker »

I'm going to go along with this. I'd like to put some pressure on Shamrock. I'm upgrading my FOS to a
Vote Shamrock
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:35 am

We are seven left, 4 to lynch. We have to be careful. Yesterday, we quicklynched and garnered very little additional info.

As I stated earlier, I am am willing to vote for either Leonidas or Shamrock. Shamrock has already 2 votes. We ought to be exceedingly careful before casting votes #3 and votes #4.

I'd like to hear more from Leonidas. I'd like him to read the thread (it's unfortunately not a long one), and give us his thoughts on whom he finds suspicious, or not, etc.

I am not satisfied with his response to my accusations, namely the retaliation vote he cast (and little else by way of comment) when I voted him for his lurking and voting record. Seems like he wouldn't mind killing a Townie if that Townie isn't the doctor... I don't like it.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”