Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:17 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 173, mcqueen wrote:@chkflip - If Damon_Gang flops scum, I'm definitely
not
his partner. End of story. No scumpartners' going to vote their buddy at least 3 times over the course of the game.

I mean, I would. Anything for the WIFOMs.
In any case, you're not scum, so it's not really something we need to be talkin' about right now.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Damon_Gant
Damon_Gant
Goon
Damon_Gant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:28 am

Post by Damon_Gant »

In post 154, mcqueen wrote:
Damon_Gant wrote:No, I didn't. Not in this topic, nor the old one. Slightly naive, I didn't really think to do it, and I was hoping that when I claimed I was going to be able to claim on my own terms. Obviously it didn't work out like that.

The reason he wanted it to be on his own terms is this (I know, because I've gone through the
exact
same thing) - He's scum. He's planned to eventually fakeclaim at some point in the game. BAM! Site crashes. Nothing's going on. Well, the best thing to do is claim, to help the town.

*Doing this [fakeclaiming earlier than expected] makes the fakeclaim that much harder to pull off, therefore making that person wish it'd been on his/her own terms.*

Yet another reason I do not buy his claim.

Or maybe I was saying that I didn't want to claim at all today, because I'm imminently going to get roleblocked/killed? Is that not a more logical interpretation of my words? I know it doesn't fit with the picture you're trying to paint, but still.

I of course think the lynch on me would be silly, even if you think there is some strategic element that makes it ok even if I'm really the cop - Nacho got this one right. Claiming cop as scum at the moment I did would be foolish to the extreme - no reason to do that at all, and it would have put me at the liability of counter-claims. And if I'm scum, I'm not surviving to the endgame by any stretch. Thing is, I'm not, and so what will happen is I'm killed/roleblocked and nothing useful comes out of me. That's the penalty that I accepted when I claimed.

I'll defend my play strategically until the grave. Notice that we're able to have a civilised conversation at our own pace about this now and not make any rash decisions. Also notice how the game has seriously livened up since my claim - it was pretty much dead beforehand. I'm not saying that it was the only play in that situation, but I felt as I was on near everyone's scumlist that it was inevitable that eventually everyone - even the people who preferred other lynches - would compromise on me. And if that was going to happen, then what I did has been beneficial to the town. But this is all an aside really. Whether it was a good play or not is not really the question. For all of you, the question is was it a town or a scum play, and I say considering that there was no pressure on me to claim at that moment, the answer is clearly town.
Swimming, anyone?

Call me Gant
Andycyca
Andycyca
Gets To Kill All Spammers
Andycyca

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:19 am

Post by Andycyca »

In post 110, Damon_Gant wrote:This game is a disaster. This situation is ridiculous. We have 5 days, and we really have not moved forward from when this game restarted. I sincerely apologise for having to do this, but I see no way to change this game right now in the town's favour other than claiming. I'm the cop.

What the hell? Honestly, I know this game is going at a *very* slow pace (and yes, I'm aware of my very low posting rate) but I don't think this was necessary. Something about this claim irks me, but it's more a gut feeling. I don't think this was the best thing to do for the town right now, as it will most likely give us headaches later. I'd rather have pushed for a lynch.

In post 125, SlySly wrote:VOTE: DamonGant

That's all I have to say about that.

In post 135, SlySly wrote:
In post 130, Damon_Gant wrote:
Sly's vote on me is irritating.

What is really irritating is when a cop's role is rendered useless because someone 5 votes from being lynched on Day 1 wants to claim because they can't "see no way to change this game right now in the town's favour other than claiming". There is no protown reason to basically take the cop role out of the game on D1 unpressured. You're either scum that's trying to pull some BS, or you are a lame duck cop that should be lynched for screwing the town out of a cop.

I partially agree with Sly here. I too think there were other ways of speeding up this game and the only way this claim will be useful is if tomorrow Damon gives us an investigation result. If we get no results there are a number of possible theories to go about it and with no real proof for any one of them, we'll reach a dead end soon.

However, I don't think Damon should be lynched, at least not today.

On another line, I just found out kondi's replies have all been one liners, note very helpful, but nothing too suspicious.

In post 164, chkflip wrote:Are you serious? Why would scum, that had votes on them, want to encourage discussion?

I DON'T KNOW, TO GET THE ATTENTION OFF OF HIM. HMMMMMMM.

Hardcore defense is hardcore; Gant flips scum, you're definitely his buddy.

UNVOTE: Lowell
VOTE: Damon_Gant

Much better vote right now. Pins two people instead of one. #LoveIt

A few questions about this vote:

1. Do you see both Lowell and Damon as (potential) scum?
2. Do you think Damon is a better lynch today than Lowell just because of his cop claim? If not, is it for something else?
3. Have you considered the possibility that Damon might be right and we might lynch him D1?
Planning: Katamari Damacy Mafia - Less than 50% done!

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:22 am

Post by Lowell »

So, wait, I'm supposed to remember what I thought before the site crash? Or were the roles reshuffled?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:29 am

Post by Lowell »

Anyway I don't remember sheet about last incarnation; I'm starting over.

damon is pretty obviously town... not sure what folks are missing there. mcqueen is town as well, despite his confusion.

vote mastin
. Not even going to pretend this isn't obvious. the careful pandering to the "omg maybe damon is scum" faction is weak and uncharacteristic.
fos andy
: fake indignation about meta-issues doesn't do much.

I'll get to you other idiots later.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:45 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 178, Lowell wrote:So, wait, I'm supposed to remember what I thought before the site crash? Or were the roles reshuffled?

Did you get a new role PM?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:51 am

Post by Lowell »

I did for some games and didn't for others. Couldn't remember which this was offhand. But indeed, upon reflection, I do not see a new PM, so that was an unnecessary question.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:17 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 120, Twistedspoon wrote:Lowell is a boring vote. I won't say it's wrong though; just boring.

Why flip from sly at the first hint of a new wagon though, Mastin? Bandwagon much?

@DG: did you crumb cop? I believe your claim, but a crumb would be an added bonus.

Why do you believe his claim?

In post 124, BBmolla wrote:VOTE: Pizza

Comparing Lowell and Pizza's dreadful ISOs, I believe Pizza's is more indicative of scum, although not by a ton.

Is there any specific reason people are choosing a Lowell vote over a Pizza vote?

Hi, BB! It's nice to play with you again. It's a shame you're probably scum because this post is incredibly awkward in tone. Who did you replace again?

Let's not get hasty.

What is really irritating is when a cop's role is rendered useless because someone 5 votes from being lynched on Day 1 wants to claim because they can't "see no way to change this game right now in the town's favour other than claiming". There is no protown reason to basically take the cop role out of the game on D1 unpressured. You're either scum that's trying to pull some BS, or you are a lame duck cop that should be lynched for screwing the town out of a cop.

This logic is bad. You're seriously recommending a lynch on Damon not because you scumread him, but because he's playing badly if he's town? Come on. An unprovoked cop claim is play I wouldn't exactly expect Damon to do as mafia and you wanting to lynch him because "he's bad lol" is terrible and you are better than this.

In post 148, Twistedspoon wrote:
In post 146, chkflip wrote:I'm only talking like that because you're trying to push me to "vote one of my scumreads" when that's precisely what I'm doing. And you really can't say you're not, the connotation and decorum in 139 AND 141.

But thanks for making this conversation go on longer than it needed to.

This conversation will last as long as it needs to. Conversation is probably the least harmful thing the town can have.

The short of it is that after one post I, in your shoes, would certainly not be able to judge lowell as a scumread and lynchworthy after his one meagre post.
If Lowell flips town then I'm going to seriously suspect you tomorrow amigo after this shoddy sheeping :igmeou:

Have you played with Chkflip before?

In post 161, kondi2424 wrote:Self-mata

Saying "lol self meta" to justify a fair point against your reads is silly.

In post 177, Andycyca wrote:
In post 110, Damon_Gant wrote:This game is a disaster. This situation is ridiculous. We have 5 days, and we really have not moved forward from when this game restarted. I sincerely apologise for having to do this, but I see no way to change this game right now in the town's favour other than claiming. I'm the cop.

What the hell? Honestly, I know this game is going at a *very* slow pace (and yes, I'm aware of my very low posting rate) but I don't think this was necessary. Something about this claim irks me, but it's more a gut feeling. I don't think this was the best thing to do for the town right now, as it will most likely give us headaches later. I'd rather have pushed for a lynch.

I partially agree with Sly here. I too think there were other ways of speeding up this game and the only way this claim will be useful is if tomorrow Damon gives us an investigation result. If we get no results there are a number of possible theories to go about it and with no real proof for any one of them, we'll reach a dead end soon.

However, I don't think Damon should be lynched, at least not today.

On another line, I just found out kondi's replies have all been one liners, note very helpful, but nothing too suspicious.

In post 164, chkflip wrote:Are you serious? Why would scum, that had votes on them, want to encourage discussion?

I DON'T KNOW, TO GET THE ATTENTION OFF OF HIM. HMMMMMMM.

Hardcore defense is hardcore; Gant flips scum, you're definitely his buddy.

UNVOTE: Lowell
VOTE: Damon_Gant

Much better vote right now. Pins two people instead of one. #LoveIt

A few questions about this vote:

1. Do you see both Lowell and Damon as (potential) scum?
2. Do you think Damon is a better lynch today than Lowell just because of his cop claim? If not, is it for something else?
3. Have you considered the possibility that Damon might be right and we might lynch him D1?

This post irks me the wrong way.

Analysis:
This game is slow moving and boring.

Analysis #2:
We need momentum.

Conclusion:
Let's make this game actually worth playing. We could start by gathering around and sharing all of our reads in depth with reasoning. I'll do mine later.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:09 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

@PM: yes I have played with chkflip before

do I belie DG's claim? Considering he hasn't been CC'd i find it plausible, I don't think it matters though. A claimed cop is certainly not a D1 lynch. He claimed to provide momentum too and took a huge risk by revealing his role so early. Town motivation here amigo
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:18 am

Post by chkflip »

I'm not answering Andy's questions because those things have already been covered in my posts.

#NotAnAnsweringMachine
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:30 am

Post by Kise »

unvote
Vote: Andy

I was thinking kondi was the proper move but I see others prepping suspicion on him. That seems like a DG alternative just being somewhat thrown out there, but not rushed. I'd vote Sly next since Andy isn't bringing up the obvious thing here - Sly pushing a vote on the claimed cop. But, like others have said, not sure if scum would keep pushing to eliminate a cop like this. I've had a lot of experience with scum gambits but I can't figure out an angle Slyscum would be using here, so I don't think he's a baddie.

But onto you, Andy. It's been a week and a half and you've done the cliche cautious play. You're making no impressions and haven't cemented any reads outside of weak modifiers such as 'leaning town' and 'slightly suspicious'. What you DO do (doodoo?) is cool the jets for Sly by making it seem like his push isn't so wrong, hence why I say I'd look into him if you flip scum as there seems to be some kind of damage control going on with the way you're taking DG's claim.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:31 am

Post by Kise »

Pine picked up those prods?
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:52 am

Post by mcqueen »

I've got to go to the dentist, but when I get back, I really need to do some meta-checking.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:02 pm

Post by BBmolla »

V/LA till Saturday
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:50 pm

Post by mcqueen »

Too lazy to get to that meta-checking tonight. :P I'll do it tomorrow, and seeing as the game is dead right now, I've no need to rush.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:06 pm

Post by chkflip »

I know, right? The ffffffffuuuuu...
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:18 pm

Post by mcqueen »

lol. :P
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:38 pm

Post by SlySly »

In post 182, projectmatt wrote:
This logic is bad. You're seriously recommending a lynch on Damon not because you scumread him, but because he's playing badly if he's town? Come on.

In a game not so long ago, I was a cop. A 3rd party revealed his alignment and I said we should lynch him because a 3rd party lynch would be a sure fire thing and would prevent a mislynch. He convinced everyone I was an idiot and got me ran up to L-1 where I had to claim. Obviously, that stole the cop role from the town. I later got RB'd twice and the town went on to end that game in a loss.

The situation here has some similarities and I have taken a similar defensive stance in both instances. Preserve town PR's, lynch the duck.

My conclusion from DG's claim, was that DG is either:
1. Scum trying to pull some BS
or
2. A cop needlessly outting himself on D1 under no pressure

My thinking about his lynch:
If it's #1, awesome.
If it's #2, his lynch is deserved for personally stealing his role from the town and also erases the possibility of future WIFOM surrounding his role. Lynching him also prevents the possibility of running up other townies and potentially and needlessly outting even more town power roles.

------

On the other hand, if we keep DG around, we force scum to kill or RB him. If they do neither, he can provide some results. Since I'm the one that's been recently pushing his lynch the hardest, he could investigate me and that would shut the magpies up about me.

I'm open to suggestions, but at this point and considering the nearing deadline, DG seems to me to be the most viable lynch candidate.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
kondi2424
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:53 pm

Post by kondi2424 »

That nasty GF tell.
Show
"
He's saying your an idiot redff
" - theamatuer

"
Also, kondi may not be scum anymore. I'll check with my die.
" - vijay2vasandani

Town: 10-22
Scum: 11-3
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:03 pm

Post by SlySly »

In post 193, kondi2424 wrote:That nasty GF tell.

It would take an awfully stupid GF to invite investigation.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
kondi2424
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:40 pm

Post by kondi2424 »

VOTE: Sly
Show
"
" - theamatuer

"
" - vijay2vasandani

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:21 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 195, kondi2424 wrote:VOTE: Sly

No.

kondi2424
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:30 am

Post by kondi2424 »

Why?
Show
"
" - theamatuer

"
" - vijay2vasandani

Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:07 am

Post by Bunnylover »

In post 192, SlySly wrote:
In post 182, projectmatt wrote:
This logic is bad. You're seriously recommending a lynch on Damon not because you scumread him, but because he's playing badly if he's town? Come on.

In a game not so long ago, I was a cop. A 3rd party revealed his alignment and I said we should lynch him because a 3rd party lynch would be a sure fire thing and would prevent a mislynch. He convinced everyone I was an idiot and got me ran up to L-1 where I had to claim. Obviously, that stole the cop role from the town. I later got RB'd twice and the town went on to end that game in a loss.

The situation here has some similarities and I have taken a similar defensive stance in both instances. Preserve town PR's, lynch the duck.

My conclusion from DG's claim, was that DG is either:
1. Scum trying to pull some BS
or
2. A cop needlessly outting himself on D1 under no pressure

My thinking about his lynch:
If it's #1, awesome.
If it's #2, his lynch is deserved for personally stealing his role from the town and also erases the possibility of future WIFOM surrounding his role. Lynching him also prevents the possibility of running up other townies and potentially and needlessly outting even more town power roles.

------

On the other hand, if we keep DG around, we force scum to kill or RB him. If they do neither, he can provide some results. Since I'm the one that's been recently pushing his lynch the hardest, he could investigate me and that would shut the magpies up about me.

I'm open to suggestions, but at this point and considering the nearing deadline, DG seems to me to be the most viable lynch candidate.

But your saying that we should lynch the cop, or claimed cop, because he outted himself as a cop.
Would it not be more beneficial to let scum attempt to kill him (hello, doctor role?) or make scum continually roleblock him allowing other roles to go freely?
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:58 am

Post by mastin2 »

Yeah, Sly is *so* scum. :P
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”