Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:21 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 173, mcqueen wrote:@chkflip - If Damon_Gang flops scum, I'm definitely
not
his partner. End of story. No scumpartners' going to vote their buddy at least 3 times over the course of the game.

I was talking to TwistedSpoon; I like your defensive behavior, though. ;D
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Andycyca
Andycyca
Gets To Kill All Spammers
Andycyca

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:41 am

Post by Andycyca »

In post 182, projectmatt wrote:This post irks me the wrong way.

Analysis:
This game is slow moving and boring.

Analysis #2:
We need momentum.

Conclusion:
Let's make this game actually worth playing. We could start by gathering around and sharing all of our reads in depth with reasoning. I'll do mine later.

A quick, incomplete summary on what I think:

1. The whole neighbor pairing was based on a claim and we got nothing out of it. IIRC the neighbors were supposedly bunnylover and someone else (I truly don't remember right now). If that claim had a purpose it hasn't been fulfilled by now, as we're not discussing it anymore and we're not anywhere near lynching/questioning either of them.
  2. I listed Mastin as scummiest because of his reasoning and proposed scum groups without giving too much reasoning behind it. Even though this was pointed out by some other members, he justified himself as playing some sort of reaction hunting and getting nothing out of it. Also, some players' reactions towards it suggest that this is how he plays, so it's a nulltell at best. Gets townpoints for continuing dicussion.
  3. Damon claiming cop at this point is a curious move IMHO and I tend to believe him. However, pretty much all arguments in this regard will be useless until D2 when we know a bit more about Damon's night (and yes, while I can foresee many headaches coming out of this early claim, I don't like figuring out probable scenarios if we don't know how many and which kind of players are there)
  4. I've been meaning to wonder why there was a wagon on lowell, but I haven't read his Iso. At least one person (chkflip) has abandoned that wagon, in order to vote Damon (I'm assuming chkflip does believe knowing the truth on Damon right now is a better choice than lynching lowell for whatever he's done)
  5. On pretty much everyone else: I haven't noticed any relevant relationships to raise a scum alert and my tells are very weak (mostly based on activity and quality of consecutive posts). However, I must admit I haven't read all Isos properly to know better.

In post 184, chkflip wrote:I'm not answering Andy's questions because those things have already been covered in my posts.

#NotAnAnsweringMachine

Thank you for not replying. I'll read your ISO and see if any of your posts specifically answer my questions. If not, I'll try again.

In post 185, Kise wrote:
unvote
Vote: Andy

I was thinking kondi was the proper move but I see others prepping suspicion on him. That seems like a DG alternative just being somewhat thrown out there, but not rushed. I'd vote Sly next since Andy isn't bringing up the obvious thing here - Sly pushing a vote on the claimed cop. But, like others have said, not sure if scum would keep pushing to eliminate a cop like this. I've had a lot of experience with scum gambits but I can't figure out an angle Slyscum would be using here, so I don't think he's a baddie.

But onto you, Andy. It's been a week and a half and you've done the cliche cautious play. You're making no impressions and haven't cemented any reads outside of weak modifiers such as 'leaning town' and 'slightly suspicious'. What you DO do (doodoo?) is cool the jets for Sly by making it seem like his push isn't so wrong, hence why I say I'd look into him if you flip scum as there seems to be some kind of damage control going on with the way you're taking DG's claim.

Others prepping suspicion on me? Pardon me for being paranoid, but this is the first time I've been voted on in this game; the most suspicion I've been in was a few posts ago when Lowell gave me a FoS; but OK, you're free to vote.

About Sly's opinion: I understand his reasoning, but I'm completely against lynching Damon today. I do think his push for DG is wrong right now, but I share his preoccupation with the claim (as it can lead to lots of very difficult discussion later on)

Yes, my tells right now are very weak because all I have to work with is this thread and my memories of the pre-crash thread (I lost my offline notes). These tells are mostly people posting infrequently, one-liners and deliberately bad reasoning (or sarcasm), which can be attributed to many things, not just being scum.
Planning: Katamari Damacy Mafia - Less than 50% done!

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:45 am

Post by chkflip »

I think this is ridiculous. I don't have any insight from the game before the crash and everyone seems to be completely content playing pattycake. My scum reads are simple: BB, Gant, and Lowell. I firmly believe Gant's flip will tell us the most here because of his obvious connections with Lowell and Spoon. I don't think Spoon is scum, but if Gant were to flip scum? Not so sure about it then. Spoon (and others, I think) are right about Lowell's ISO though; I still don't fucking like it, it's scummy as hell to lurk out that long but that's all I personally have against him. Maybe he's super busy or something. Much like half of the rest of this game. But that's why my vote went BBmolla => Lowell => Gant. My stronger scum-read is molla but that's not happening today.

Fairly certain I answered those questions Andy, but I sincerely apologize for being rude if I haven't. Got aggressive where I shouldn't have there.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:29 am

Post by mcqueen »

I agree with chkflip here. I think our best shot today is to lynch Lowell. If Lowell flips town, I would honestly like to lynch Damon_Gant tomorrow. If Lowell flips scum, we can discuss whether or not Damon_Gant is the best lynch, which in this case, it probably wouldn't be.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:51 am

Post by Oversoul »

Where did a Lowell lynch come from? His lack of doing anything?

I would support that seeing as how I don't like the fact that both supposed cops didn't crumb, which is pretty retarded on their part and it will at least force the scum to do something tonight.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:01 pm

Post by projectmatt »

Hi guys. While you're arguing about whether or not it's wise to lynch a claimed cop day one because he has "connections" (tip: it's not) and making town vs town cases on each other (I'm looking at you, Chkflip and Twistedspoon, although I must admit I'm not as sure on Twistedtown anymore but still pretty sure on Chktown), I'll be lynching the person who is scum or has the likeliest chance to be. I would make a case, but I can't without the old game.

I find this game really insufferable and I'm not sure why. We all need a slap in the face, I think.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:47 pm

Post by Kise »

nah andy im saying others are prepping suspicion on KONDI
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:06 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Vote Count

SlySly - 2 (Twistedspoon, Kondi)
Damon Gant - 3 (SlySly, Mcqueen, Chkflip)
Pizzadudes7 - 2 (Nacho, BBmolla)
Lowell - 3 (Projectmatt, Damon, mastin)
Mastin2 - 1 (Lowell)
Andycyca - 1 (Kise)

Not Voting - Pizzadudes7, Oversoul, Pine, Andycyca

With 17 Alive, it takes 9 to Lynch

Deadline is Sunday March 25th, 11:59pm EST
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:11 pm

Post by chkflip »

We're seriously going to no lynch.

I'm away until deadline passes guys.

UNVOTE: Gant
VOTE: Lowell
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:57 pm

Post by Lowell »

Let's get some movement. I simply do. not. trust. Andy right now.

unvote, vote andy

Trust me on this one.
kondi2424
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:15 am

Post by kondi2424 »

lolno VOTE: Lowell

We've got about two days, guys. Unless there's a
very
compelling case on someone by the end of today, we're doing this.
Show
"
He's saying your an idiot redff
" - theamatuer

"
Also, kondi may not be scum anymore. I'll check with my die.
" - vijay2vasandani

Town: 10-22
Scum: 11-3
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:44 am

Post by mcqueen »

In post 206, Kise wrote:nah andy im saying others are prepping suspicion on KONDI

To be honest, this post gets at me. I like how every other word is lowercase, then konid2424's name is capitol. From my experience, I would call it a message to his partner to kill kondi2424 tonight.

If kondi2424 is dead in the morning, I want Kise lynched, we could postpone Damon_Gant's (possible) lynch (if Lowell flipped town).

But for today, I'm still down with a Lowell lynch. Too close to deadline to try and change that.
kondi2424
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:07 am

Post by kondi2424 »

That's 100% shit.

And you still didn't vote for Lowell in that post.
Show
"
He's saying your an idiot redff
" - theamatuer

"
Also, kondi may not be scum anymore. I'll check with my die.
" - vijay2vasandani

Town: 10-22
Scum: 11-3
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:13 am

Post by mcqueen »

kondi2424 wrote:That's 100% shit.

And you still didn't vote for Lowell in that post.

I'm not saying it wasn't shit, I was just pointing it out.

And wow, you're right, I forgot to vote for Lowell.

Damon_Gant
Damon_Gant
Goon
Damon_Gant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:49 am

Post by Damon_Gant »

In post 204, Oversoul wrote:Where did a Lowell lynch come from? His lack of doing anything?

I would support that seeing as how I don't like the fact that both supposed cops didn't crumb, which is pretty retarded on their part and it will at least force the scum to do something tonight.

There's another cop? Am I not paying enough attention? I apologise for not crumbing, that was definitely a strategic error. Last time I was power role (tracker) I didn't crumb (in a meta that unfortunately no longer exists because of the big data loss) and all worked out well. Like I said, it was naive of me.
Swimming, anyone?

Call me Gant
Damon_Gant
Damon_Gant
Goon
Damon_Gant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:50 am

Post by Damon_Gant »

EBWOP: Meant to also say that, at least my Lowell vote, came from his riding the waves, openly anti-town attitude that he displayed in the old thread.
Swimming, anyone?

Call me Gant
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:38 am

Post by Oversoul »

I was assuming Sly's vote on you and lack of discussion to be a counterclaim, but I haven't really given much of a read because I can't imagine why people would not crumb.

I don't really see the reason, but it is a deadline lynch. :/
Damon_Gant
Damon_Gant
Goon
Damon_Gant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:02 am

Post by Damon_Gant »

In post 216, Oversoul wrote:I was assuming Sly's vote on you and lack of discussion to be a counterclaim, but I haven't really given much of a read because I can't imagine why people would not crumb.

I don't really see the reason, but it is a deadline lynch. :/

Sly has explicitly said that he isn't cop, so yeah. And as frustrating as it is, the reason for lynching Lowell is not in thread, so if you don't remember his behaviour from the last thread then you're a bit stuck on this one.
Swimming, anyone?

Call me Gant
Damon_Gant
Damon_Gant
Goon
Damon_Gant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:03 am

Post by Damon_Gant »

EBWOP again: the reason for lynching Lowell is not in THIS thread. Maybe I should try reading my posts before posting in future.
Swimming, anyone?

Call me Gant
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:16 am

Post by Oversoul »

I don't. I have a bad memory. :\
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:21 am

Post by SlySly »

In post 217, Damon_Gant wrote:
Sly has explicitly said that he isn't cop, so yeah.

I was asked if I was counterclaiming you, I said no.
I was asked if I crumbed cop, I said no.

Don't put words in my mouth.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:14 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Unvote, Vote: Lowell
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:08 pm

Post by mcqueen »

Someone hammer Lowell.
Damon_Gant
Damon_Gant
Goon
Damon_Gant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:16 pm

Post by Damon_Gant »

In post 220, SlySly wrote:
In post 217, Damon_Gant wrote:
Sly has explicitly said that he isn't cop, so yeah.

I was asked if I was counterclaiming you, I said no.
I was asked if I crumbed cop, I said no.

Don't put words in my mouth.

Apologies, my mind had taken your counterclaim to mean you weren't cop, but that is a lazy way of thinking about it. You're not cop though, so I don't see why you feel the need to keep that option open.
Swimming, anyone?

Call me Gant
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:07 pm

Post by mcqueen »

In post 222, mcqueen wrote:Someone hammer Lowell.

Someone hammer Lowell. (Repeating so someone will do it, before deadline hits.)

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”