4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:26 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

lastsurvivor wrote:Also, lampshading (warning tvtropes link may waste hours of your valuable time) the fact that you BW hopped doesn't really make it any less bad.

I didn't really think that was a BW hop since hip is the only person voting him, more of a hop off of the alicewagon. You are correct though, if that was a scummy hop me calling attention to it wouldnt make it less scummy. Was trying to emphasize that I don't want to explain certain things at this juncture, I'll wait until the information is the most useful or have the greastest effect.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:17 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

@4nx: BW hop's the wrong phrase, but changing your vote without explaining is still lame. But if you're going to explain eventually, then I'll be looking forward to it.

Did you see what I asked you about funky?
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:14 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

@LS: sure, both could be scum, or neither. In either case, it doesn't make much difference whether you gun for one or shrug and say either will do. But in the pretty likely case that you've scored 1/2 on your scumreads, not caring between them is really bad.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:38 pm

Post by hiplop »

Also, why can't Rhinox, DDD, and Nacho be scum? You act like it has to be either DDD or Nacho.

Er, they can. I'm not arrogant enough to think I can pinpoint the scum team on my own!

Nothing on Malee or Funky then? I find it uncomfortable that you said you lacked the "competence" to pinpoint which one of them is scum, especially since now neither of them are scum. Also, I feel the connection between Rhinox and nacho can be explained in another way, but I'll let them explain it.

What more is there to say? I can hardly remember their existance. I feel one of them is likely scum, but how the fuck does one figure out which lurker is more scummy than another?

Nacho, my mind is lapsing atm, on the connection :\

On the latter, im working on it. I'm having to make a jump with this case, and I feel I need to make the bridge before doing so.
third best scummer of all time
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:42 pm

Post by Lastsurvivor »

@fishy: as you said earlier. It appears that Hip is gunning for Nacho/Rhino, so it doesn't seem like he's being apathetic towards the both of them. I just found it odd that, according to hip, both DDD and Nacho were scummy but apparently only one or the other could be Rhino's partner. Was wondering if there was an actual reason or just because it seemed implausible to him that he found the entire scumteam. It seems to be the latter.

@hip: Thinking you have found the entire scumteam isn't arrogance, it's ingenuity and confidence!

Ahem.

I think the scummy difference between Malee and Funky is clear cut, personally. Malee was def more scummy than Funky. Also, just compare their ISOs if you need to refind that connection. I certainly saw a connection by doing that.
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
Alicewondering
Alicewondering
Goon
Alicewondering
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:55 pm

Post by Alicewondering »

In post 218, hiplop wrote:Nacho is doing what every player who has been "Scum-meta'd" does, "CHANGE THEIR PLAYSTYLE" in heavy air quotes (its more fashionable that way).

I disagree with this. I myself have changed my playstyle in several games, and my posting is certainly a bit different in various games. It's quite a bit of speculation to say that Nacho-scum is changing his playstyle to avoid being caught by his meta.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:09 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Vote Count

funkybike1 (3) - kortul, Sleepless Assassin, Alicewondering
Malee (3) - fishythefish, Vincent2128, Lastsurvivor
rhinox (2) - hiplop, 4nxi3ty
Alicewondering (2) - nachomamma8, rhinox
nachomamma8 (1) -Debonair Danny DiPietro

Not Voting (2) - funkybike1, Malee

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch
Deadline is April 4th, 7PM PST
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:39 am

Post by hiplop »

hm.. its my impression that no one really has playstyles, they just post what comes to mind. I guess scum usually have one, however.

Something is just odd with this altercation, and I want to know what. Its like a sentence that doesnt fit in a book/tv show (ILL TAKE THIS CHIP AND ILL EAT IT), it stands out like a mountain of obscurity..like he put it there to safeguard himself

just doesnt work ahhh
kortul
kortul
Goon
kortul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:46 am

Post by kortul »

In post 232, hiplop wrote:hm.. its my impression that no one really has playstyles, they just post what comes to mind. I guess scum usually have one, however.
hiplop
, i had to read this several times, and still don't think that i understand you. Can you elaborate?

funkybike1
, why do you answer some questions, and ignore other (like my questions from post 204)?

DDD
, you are sitting on Nacho for some time already, does it mean that you still see him on cruise control?

As for the discussion topic - i took a look on Last Will Fafia III before replacing in here, and don't remember any strong buddying attempts there. With a last will mechanics in mind, i would find anybody trying to buddy me suspicious.

@mod
- can you prod Vincent2128? He is active in other threads, but more than 3 days is absent here.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:49 am

Post by hiplop »

I mean like; I dont think anyone walks into a game and has "IM GOING TO OMGUS ALL GAME", this isnt really a game of pre-emptive strategy. Mostly based on instincts/word choice
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:06 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

Has Vincent been posting in other games? That's pretty lame.

@hip: But you don't think people's play can generally be classed into a "style?" There's a difference between pre-emptive strategy and how someone plays the game. I think the confusion kortul's seeing is that you don't get the terminology.

Spring boarding off of Kortul's question...

DDD, what do you think of Nacho's play style change? Do you think the change was scum motivated?

I dislike Rhinox's disappearance as well as Vincent's. His posts have become rather infrequent.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:17 am

Post by hiplop »

You dont get my point. I agree with you, which is why nacho is scummy. People dont just have a preset plan for the game, it makex no sense. Nacho defended his actions with saying he has a new strategy, so essentially its a useless excuse, and hes scum
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:14 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Vincent2128 has been prodded
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:31 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

@hip: Hm, I suppose I wasn't really looking at it in context and thus I was the one being picky about terminology.

Anyway

I think Nacho should really address your point, since I can see a logical explanation for the play style switch and I'm surprised he didn't explain it as soon as you brought it up.
Vincent2128
Vincent2128
Goon
Vincent2128
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:28 pm

Post by Vincent2128 »

Prod dodge.
I should be able to get some content in within the next 10 hours.
One of the newbies who stayed along throughout
The Rollback
Alicewondering
Alicewondering
Goon
Alicewondering
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:43 pm

Post by Alicewondering »

In post 236, hiplop wrote:You dont get my point. I agree with you, which is why nacho is scummy. People dont just have a preset plan for the game, it makex no sense. Nacho defended his actions with saying he has a new strategy, so essentially its a useless excuse, and hes scum

Why would he have admitted it so openly if he were scum, then? That makes no sense. So, uh, hip, if you think that Nacho is so scummy, why aren't you voting him? You're still sitting on your Rhinox vote.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:53 pm

Post by hiplop »

nacho/rhinox are my scum

and because people let them off the hook, not many share my views
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:34 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 233, kortul wrote:
DDD
, you are sitting on Nacho for some time already, does it mean that you still see him on cruise control?

Don't see anything to indicate otherwise.

In post 235, Lastsurvivor wrote:DDD, what do you think of Nacho's play style change? Do you think the change was scum motivated?

When I did the same thing it was simply to bring my scum and town play closer into line because I thought I'd become to easy to read by most of my peer group; so it was motivated to protect my scum play but in a broader sense not in a specific game sense. Now that assumes he's actually changing his playstyle and not simply using that as an excuse for his cruise control act.
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:59 pm

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

4n, nothing to say to my take on your ISO?
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:29 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

don't really have time tonight, but expect a reread from me tomorrow.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Vincent2128
Vincent2128
Goon
Vincent2128
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:27 pm

Post by Vincent2128 »

Can somebody explain in full how Nacho changing his playstyle is relevant to him being scum? I still don't understand it.
One of the newbies who stayed along throughout
The Rollback
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:35 am

Post by hiplop »

In post 236, hiplop wrote:You dont get my point. I agree with you, which is why nacho is scummy. People dont just have a preset plan for the game, it makex no sense. Nacho defended his actions with saying he has a new strategy, so essentially its a useless excuse, and hes scum
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:38 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 243, Sleepless Assassin wrote:4n, nothing to say to my take on your ISO?

Should I have said something?

If the answer is 'yes because I want a better read of you' - than I would say 'I don't need you to have a better read this early; I'm more concerned about getting reads through reactions than building a clearcut case of explanations'

If the answer is 'no it doesn't really matter cause your inability to provide a defense proves that my points are valid and you are in fact scum' - than I would 'ask you to take a step back from the habit known as confirmation bias'
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:43 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

DDD, you have left your vote on nacho for being on cruise control yet you haven't really pressured any of his recent posts or actions...?
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:44 am

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

So... you . . . Don't defend yourself ever in a mafia game or...?
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”