Polite Mafia - All Are Initiated By Force!

Candy Corn Vampire
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:34 am

Post by Candy Corn Vampire »

To Whom It May Concern,

I apologize for the delay in my letter, as I have been a bit busy with my prestigious studies to write with the necessary love and care. My beloved Parama has requested for me to be here in his stead (due to his unforeseen illness), even though he was absent from this party, and unfortunately I am too. As it is apparent, I can only send messages from my motherland, thus I cannot taste the delicious cucumber sandwiches I have seen in the invitation nor drink the lovely Earl Grey. However, perhaps I can assist you in your pursuit of the Secret Society; I wish to offer you my humble services, hopefully within a timelier manner as I am doing right now.

To introduce myself: I am Grand Duchess Candy Corn Vampire the 205th (we are quite a successful dynasty.) I realize the title is a bit grandiose, so you may call me Madam Candy or CCV if you prefer. It is a pleasure to play with refined gentlemen and ladies such as yourselves.

To start, I will VOTE: Cogito Ergo Sum, since it is the most interesting wagon at the moment and his ire at the brute seems to have scared him away. His laconic nature and his relations to the great Otto van Bismarck interest me, and I eagerly await the rest of his opinions.

On a bit of a minute note, the thing that perturbs me about this game is the tattle tale feature of this game. Surely the only persons who are tattling on each other are those of the Secret Society themselves, correct? From what I can observe this game is suffering from a lack of activity, so would not punishing others for not being meticulous about their speech continue to discourage discussion? I only ask this because of the inconsistencies I have found within those receiving infractions.

Otherwise, I have nothing significant to say other than it is a wonderful opportunity to correspond with some familiar gentlemen and hope this occasion is as pleasurable as our last meeting.

Yours truly,
Grand Duchess Candy Corn Vampire
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:50 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

VOTECOUNT

kondi2424 (3): FuDuzn, Cogito Ergo Sum, Glork
Cogito Ergo Sum (3): PeregrineV, NobodySpecial, Candy Corn Vampire
Candy Corn Vampire (1): IceGuy
Shmugen (2): Hiraki, RedCoyote
NobodySpecial (1): kondi2424

Not voting:
quadz08, springlullaby, Parama, implosion, UberNinja, Maemuki, mykonian, Shmugen

17 players, 9 to lynch

INFRACTIONS:

Glork: 1/5
Candy Corn Vampire
Parama
: 1/5
mykonian: 2/5

Prodded: mykonian, IceGuy, implosion
(expired on 2012-03-29 11:00:00)
(saulres is not in the game, Schmugen has posted)
Replacements sought for quadz08 &kondi2424
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:38 am

Post by mykonian »

vote shmugen

INFRACTION: 3/5
Last edited by DrippingGoofball on Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:17 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Friends,

I must interrupt to announce that Admiral Nelson has brought Mr. kuribo from across the ocean to join our parlor game. He shall sit on quaqz08's vacated chair.

Carry on!
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:12 pm

Post by FuDuzn »

UNVOTE:

Oh dear, I do hope that I was indeed not a reason that Kondi has decided to leave so suddenly. His taste in music may not be described as exquisite, but I did truly believe that he could be a valuable member of our adventure. Shame, really.

If I may address the esteemed Cogito Ergo Sum, I feel as if since you were most likely trying to get a reaction out of our friend Kondi we should quite possibly see how one of the other fine gentlemen/women shall react to a preponderance of votes on them.

VOTE: CES

Please do understand my positioning on this matter.
The greatest trick the devil ever performed was convincing the world he doesn't exist
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:04 am

Post by kuribo »

Ladies and gentlemen, I am grateful to accept this invitation to such a simply divine gathering. I, of course, could only dream of playing such a splendid social game with so many well-known people of fine lineage. I am forever indebted to our hostess and our guests for extending this offer. Naturally, I kindly accept the chair that was left by one of your guests

Now, on to the matter of introduction. Some of you do not know me, but I am Kuribington Farnsworth III. I own one of the largest and finest plantations in the Colonies. As you can see from my appearance to the left, I am a refined gentleman of unquestionable lineage. When our charming hostess invited me here, I immediately chartered a ship to indulge in this game.

Sincere apologies, however, as I have not yet studied your past interactions with one another. I shall have my... assistant, Mtembe fetch those for me.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:50 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Unvote, vote: Shmugen

Kuribo, Glrok, friend of mine, with me!
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Shmugen
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:58 am

Post by Shmugen »

I've known you to be a man of few words, my dear Cogito, but this game has been a pinnacle.
VOTE: Cogito Ergo Sum

A welcome to dearest Madam Candy and Kuribo. It is a pleasure to have you.
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:37 am

Post by IceGuy »

Let me thank you, ladies and gentlemen, for inviting a less-than-handsome man such as me to this exquisite gathering. Despite this obvious shortcoming, I humbly promise to put all of my effort towards sabotaging the dastardly plans of the Secret Society.

In post 43, RedCoyote wrote:
Ah, yes. I do indeed begin to remember the details of our previous encounter, however brief. Sir IceGuy, I was most taken aback with this position. I beg your pardon, sir, but I must express my distaste with this line of thinking. I apologize in advance for the suggestion that someone of your high stature and exquisite breeding would find themselves in the unfortunate position of having some misbegotten attempt to interrupt our fine festivities, but, sir, I believe this position to be the exact opposite of what would be necessary to thwart the evils among us. Those same evil-doers happen to be more well-informed of their peculiarities and will only grow increasingly knowledgeable. I suggest we lay all of our cards on the table immediately so that we may have a fair shot at turning the tables on those cretins! Please, what say you?

Dear Mr. RedCoyote, despite your generally sharp wit you seem to be on a wooden way here, as a German would say.

A good gentleman simply does not benefit from knowing his companions' manners of speaking. While they might be able to catch irregularities, they can only cause damage with this information, as no gentleman is able to take back what he has once said, and there may be no communication outside of this parlor. If a gentleman should be so unwise as to alert the entire parlor of his companion's mistake, the rapscallions would simply tattle-tale his infraction to the hostess, and the gentleman would be left with a black mark on his record - and as we all know, a gentleman with five black marks may be ejected from our gathering.

In post 44, Glork wrote:Oh my gosh, I had forgotten about the moronic "Should we claim our post restrictions" civil discourse. Please do NOT restart this conversation. Promise you, it is neither elegant nor productive in finding scums. Both sides have valid points for and against claiming PRs, and neither side is going to convince the other to change their minds.

Unfortunately, Mr. Glork, I can't agree with you here. I have not heard any good argument for publicly discussing our manners of speaking, and I believe I have given enough arguments why this is actually beneficial to the Secret Society.

While this interaction may not be the sharpest tool to catch rapscallions, an untimely declaration of one's manner of speaking may help the rapscallions to stab a proper gentleman in the back.

My current suspicion also rests with Mr. Shmugen, and I am inclined to cast a vote for him since there seems to be no consensus on the rapscallionness of Mr. Candy Corn Vampire, Mr. Parama's replacement.
However, I'd request the hostess to provide us with a tally of the current votes first to prohibit an untimely death.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:03 pm

Post by UberNinja »

I say, mykonian, you should be more careful about committing infractions. Since I am inclined to believe that the dastardly villains amongst us are being much more careful about committing infractions, I'm similarly inclined to believe that you are not among said villains, and therefore it is in my interest to remind you to be quite cautious so as to avoid those dreadful infractions, as they are for all practical purposes infractions against us all, and not only against yourself. Perhaps I can give you a memory elixir that will quicken your synapses and help you to hold things in your mind for greater periods of time?
FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:15 am

Post by FuDuzn »

Ms. Ninja, if you would be so kind could I trouble you for possibly a teaspoon ofyour memory elixir as well? Seems I had one too many single malts last night and I fear that I did quite the damage to my normally tip top brain power.

And Iceguy, I feel humbled to have you in our prescence. And forgive me for 'cutting to the chase', as my young ones like to say, but what is your opinion of the esteemd Cogitio Ergo Sum?
The greatest trick the devil ever performed was convincing the world he doesn't exist
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:14 am

Post by Maemuki »

I'm so sorry for what happened earlier. I'm usually not so sensitive, but Lady Catherine has always, always been my most faithful companion...

I apologise for my weak memory, ladies and gentlemen, but I seem to have missed the exact reason as to why everyone is voting Mr. Shmugen. I also wonder why Mr. CES is being so erractic, although I believe I might have a slight idea... But, if I were to be completely honest, I'd claim I feel slightly lost at the present. Would anyone be so kind as to explain? Also, I must commend Iceguy for so eloquently putting my thoughts on the claiming of our particular peculiarites of speech into paper.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:58 am

Post by Nobody Special »

I fail to see why our fair (and lovely) Maemuki is confused (or even, verily, concerned about) Mr. Shmugen, when it is obvious that Mr. Sum is the main suspect for being in the Secret Society.

I also would like to compliment lovely Ms. Ninja on the food. How very lovely they are, and how generous she is.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Shmugen
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:16 am

Post by Shmugen »

My dearest Cogito, I would very much enjoy for you to join us and embark in some true conversation.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:37 am

My mother, the Queen of England, always said "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

So I will say merely this: if you want to keep up burying this game in gentlemanly fluff, vote for me; if you want to get this game going, join the Shmugenwagon.

mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:21 pm

Post by mykonian »

He is right, you know.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Candy Corn Vampire
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:40 am

To Whom It May Concern,

Cogito Ergo Sum, your dichotomy is a false one. I see no promise of progress in voting Shmugen, nor do I see the encouragement of polite banter by voting you. Your critical thinking skills need some work if you believe this, since Shmugen is not the worse offender at this tea party. I am getting the feeling you are now excusing your vote as policy and not using your better judgment.

However, I do tire of this wagon. I do not like the ends to which it will go, as his brief retorts are not covering wit as I thought but a lack of one. Our votes will not illicit any response other than pathos, to which I am not good at judging.
UNVOTE: Cogito Ergo Sum.

Instead I will VOTE: FuDuzn. I have read somewhere that the things one feels absolutely certain about are never true, thus I am voting someone I am not certain of in hope of finding truth.

Yours truly,
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:48 am

Post by Hiraki »

Ou. Mykonian. Stop with the infractiones please? I'm 100% sure that's one too. It's a tad annoying now. Parisans are noted for knowing their post restrictions quite well.

CCV wrote:Instead I will VOTE: FuDuzn. I have read somewhere that the things one feels absolutely certain about are never true, thus I am voting someone I am not certain of in hope of finding truth.

If you guys won't wagon on Shumugen, then CCV is a fair replacement.

Unvote, Vote: CCV

Besides Shumugen has gotten a
little
better, and I did hear the newly uprising incident where her nephew and another boy just got engaged. What do you think of that, Shumugen?
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:40 am

Post by UberNinja »

Yes, you may both have some of the elixir, in hopes of a more productive party. Waste not, however, for this is very expensive! Would anyone else that has not yet spoken up like some?

In post 89, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:My mother, the Queen of England, always said "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

I really must point out that this is a dire falsehood. That line was clearly not spoken by the Queen of England, but by the friend of the son of the King of the Forest, who was in fact not speaking it of his own accord, but was quoting it upon encouragement from his own mother. And since England is clearly not the Forest, you sir have been caught in a most perplexing tall tale. I am very particular when it comes to misattributing quotes; even more so when it comes to directly lying, as I feel it is my personal duty to uphold truthery and justice against falsity and deception of any breed. So I'll thank you kindly to correct your statement at your very first opportunity. You shall have lenience at this juncture, but please do keep in mind that you have exactly zero chances left with me, Mr. Ergo-Sum.
Candy Corn Vampire
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Candy Corn Vampire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:29 am

To Whom It May Concern,

Hiraki, can I inquire as to why you were voting Shmugen? You said in your first post that you were voting Shmugen before the crash, but when I looked into what was cached I saw no such thing. Are there posts missing from what DGB has saved? You also said that he has gotten better, but better in what regard?

Yours truly,
FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:45 am

Post by FuDuzn »

My dearest CCV, lest you forget that we did indeed partake in one adventure none too long ago, shame that you decided that I had to vacate that adventure prematurely. Surely you would have at least a little bit of an idea to how I act in adventures like these. Or maybe you need a bit of the brain elixir that Ms. Ninja is currently offering.

And to my friend, the esteemed Cogito Ergo Sum, I would be one to think that you would be able to handle all the attention that is on you, yet you appear to be quite perturbed. I always thought you were a fan of these wagons.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:04 am

I will always be perturbed when pro-town behaviour is punished.

In post 91, Candy Corn Vampire wrote:Cogito Ergo Sum, your dichotomy is a false one. I see no promise of progress in voting Shmugen, nor do I see the encouragement of polite banter by voting you. Your critical thinking skills need some work if you believe this, since Shmugen is not the worse offender at this tea party. I am getting the feeling you are now excusing your vote as policy and not using your better judgment.

No. I'm just using the Shmugenwagon to represent moving forward and making stuff happen. I'm not equating the two.

Uberninja, please don't talk about my mother, the Queen of England.

FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:44 am

Post by FuDuzn »

So, if I am indeed hearing you correctly, a wagon is protown when pushed on someone else but not pro town when it is pushed onto the esteemed Cogito Ergo Sum? That is quite interesting.
Shmugen
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:52 am

Post by Shmugen »

Keeping a watchful eye upon the game over the weekend shall be difficult, but I shall endeavor. 'Beloved' Cogito shall retain my vote for the time being. I eagerly await Hiraki's answer to dear CCV's question.

INFRACTION: 4/5
Last edited by DrippingGoofball on Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:04 am

Post by UberNinja »

In post 96, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Uberninja, please don't talk about my mother, the Queen of England.

I shall respectfully oblige your polite request, but only if you reciprocally agree to cease misappropriating apothegms.

Since you haven't refused, I'll fetch you some of my neural retention panacea; do you prefer grape or cherry?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”