Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:17 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

In post 273, theomoaner wrote:
Fishy:

In post 8, Fishythefish wrote:IIoA: Think about your last will, particularly at night. It's really, really important that votes go to townies.

I found this to be seriously off It reads as an attempt to claim "I'm town" in his first post, but that said, I feel most of his posts after this come across as town, until...
In post 203, Fishythefish wrote:
In post 200, Alicewondering wrote:
In post 174, Fishythefish wrote:Malee flaking sucks. I really wanted her explanation, and now instead I just have an unsatisfying suspicion on someone who won't be able to explain anything. Maybe we should just lynch her.

WTF. You're suggesting lynching her before a replacement is found?
FoS
, man.

Only semi-seriously. I'd genuinely be up for lynching her - I think she's very scummy, and that her actions will be totally forgotten once someone replaces her - but I know there's no chance of that actually happening. It's fairly hard to persuade people when part of your argument is that they are about to do something stupid.

It feels like a call for a quick lynch on Malee (from now on Me, as I'm in that slot now) watered down with a vague sentiment of dissatisfaction.

Overall I'm reading null on Fishy because these two post leave a bad taste, otherwise I'd think town.

I've said enough about the first bit. For the second - it's pretty clear what I'm saying. I'd have been happy to quicklynch Malee/you, but I knew it wasn't going to happen. What would I be hoping to achieve as scum by
saying that? Your lynch? Town cred in some obscure way?

TBH, I'm quite liking this catchup post from themoaner - lots of it has me nodding along, and it doesn't seem particularly self interested. Bleh. I hate weighing my reads of two different people in one slot.

@tm:
- How does 4n come out as null? Sounds like town.
- Why is Alice probably town?

I feel that there's another game going on between Rhinox, hiplop etc., that I've really been tuning out of. I'll stop doing that now.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:58 pm

Post by Lastsurvivor »

I really need to reread when I find the time.

First and foremost

@theo: Ty for placating my hungry desire for content.

First and foremost about Malee: All of the problems with Malee come AFTER the post you quoted.

Now, when you ask "Why?" I assume you mean "Why did this big case come up"?

The biggest problem I had with her is her out of place complimenting. In post #138, she says something vincent said was "very townish to say," even though, quite honestly, it was not very townish to say. That sunk the deal at the time. The other points are her mess of a case on Nacho. I.e, voting him even though it's clear that she didn't think he was scum.

Theo, why do you think hip is scummy for having odd scum targets?
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:33 pm

Post by Lastsurvivor »

In post 266, Rhinox wrote:I think funky does read the thread, he just only comments on what he wants to, doesn't care what anyone demands of him, and doesn't care if people find him scummy for it. I don't think funky is scummy, I think if you actually read what he is saying, he's been making some decent points.

I can't say I agree with you that he's making decent points.

Ok. let's assume that funky actually does read the thread and sees everyone's questions. Why do you think he doesn't answer them? And don't say "because he doesn't care." Well, I guess you can say that if you want, but I'd prefer you say more than just that.

I really cannot make heads or tails of this Rhinox/hip argument. I feel like Rhino has reactionary tunnel vision on. IMO, OMGUS at this stage in the game has become more of a town tell these days. Hip's behavior is confusing me though, as usual. It kind of bothers me that Hip accuses Rhino of having a lack of competence, when he doesn't even understand that Rhino isn't on V/LA yet (FYI he goes on V/LA on Thursday not today). And I don't know why he's getting so angry.

TL;DR: ATM Rhinox is becoming better, Hip is becoming worse.
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
Alicewondering
Alicewondering
Goon
Alicewondering
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:13 pm

Post by Alicewondering »

In post 266, Rhinox wrote:Do you think a replacement provides more/better information if they aren't under any pressure, or if they immediately have to face a bandwagon full of voters who found their predecessor scummy?

Townie replacements will certainly have motivation to post better content, but they are likely to become frustrated with being judged on their predecessor's actions. Scum replacements faced with a bandwagon will carefully post content that may appear to be good, but will actually be very misleading, so there's not really a lot of information to be gleaned by welcoming someone with a bandwagon.

DDD, I want more reads from you. Besides Nacho, what do you think about the players in the game?

Stole this quote from Rhinox, who quoted Hip.
In post 274, Rhinox wrote:
You, and nacho are about equal in my books. Can you really not grasp basic connotation? I used "maybe even DDD"...because my only thought on him is hes kinda lurky.

I'm refering to this:
In post 218, hiplop wrote:
DDD and Rhinox are scum, imo. Maybe even Nachomama instead of DDD.
Nacho is doing what every player who has been "Scum-meta'd" does, "CHANGE THEIR PLAYSTYLE" in heavy air quotes (its more fashionable that way). And quite bluntly, I see a connection between rhinox and nacho. DDD feels independently scummy, some for his lurking, some for his actual posts.

LOL Hip can't even remember his reads.

UNVOTE: VOTE: Hiplop
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:29 pm

Post by hiplop »

do you really think its townie to keep to your reads completely and never veer off in the face of unorthodoxy? Scum are the one attempting to keep to a code, town's reads will generally fluctuate.

You can continue using wiki-based garbage as your offence though :|

I would like you to spend less time trying to insult me for having the audacity to question you, and more time addressing this, and what happened to your scumread on DDD who you were sure was scum with me in 218, and why your so convinced I'm scum based on 1 post 24hours into the game you felt was faked towniness, and what happened with your scumread on SA who you voted earlier in the game and seemed to just kind of drop (much like your DDD suspicions).

DDD is based off of
lurking
. Its not a very strong tell. Very weak, infact.

Rhinox is so blatantly scum here, its not even funny.

I was pointing that out in reference to how that is a crap reason to justify moving your vote off of me if you think I'm scum. Does going V/LA make me less scummy? Is there some questions or reactions you're looking to get out of me from your vote, which makes it pointless to leave it there while I'm V/LA? This doesn't make sense either because you're not questioning me and when I ask you why I'm scum you just tell me to read back and when I question you further you just ignore me. You seem content calling me scum based on the assumption that I am scum without having to justify your conclusion.

You and nacho are equal. you're were going to seemingly disappear, so my vote would be wasted for 4 days. Logical move is to vote the parallel, who is here.

When I read back to post 218/232/234/236, I see you saying that no one really has conscious playstyles they intend to conform to, except for scum. Thus, since nacho is claiming to be changing his playstyle, he must be scum because only scum have a pre-emptive playstyle in mind. so, you are against him having a playstyle, *and* for using it as a defense, I guess. But when Nacho first said he had changed his playstyle, I didn't see him as using it as a defense against a damning accusation, more as just an explaination. The majority of your posting on the subject is about how townies shouldn't have premeditated playstyles, not about using playstyles as a defense.

Perhaps you need glasses, then. For that is not what is there.

Anyways, that last paragraph isn't really part of the reason why I'm voting you. Its because you self-admittedly switched your vote to nacho because there's more momentum and support there. I feel that is a scum motivated mindset - townies want to argue vehemently for lynching their #1 suspect, not fold and switch to a secondary (oh sorry, I forgot we're equal now) suspect who happens to be more lynchable in your opinion.

You act as if I don't have anything other than him having votes.. holy shit you're mindset is black and white
third best scummer of all time
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:39 pm

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

Moan, the fish vote without immediate explanation can be described as an extremely early game vote. I tend to make a vote that isn't immediately clear whether it's random or not (it never is) and then bring it back up later hoping to draw attention to it. As for alice unvoting malee, I had a scum read on malee based on her posting. The only way I see her as town is if I am right on 4n/bike, which I'm pretty confident in, but I'm usually able to accept that my reads aren't always going to be 100%. I'm sure enough that I strongly prefer bike as a lynch, but I wasn't so sure before ISOing 4n.

On a side note, id laugh if rhinox and hip were scum together fake arguing. I don't think they are. I just think it would be funny.
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
Vincent2128
Vincent2128
Goon
Vincent2128
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:45 pm

Post by Vincent2128 »

Hiplop and Rhinox didn't start arguing until I noted about it. Before that there wasn't much interaction between the two of them.
One of the newbies who stayed along throughout
The Rollback
Alicewondering
Alicewondering
Goon
Alicewondering
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:54 pm

Post by Alicewondering »

In post 282, Vincent2128 wrote:Hiplop and Rhinox didn't start arguing until I noted about it. Before that there wasn't much interaction between the two of them.

I doubt that's significant. It's partially the way posts came together.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:38 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Okay.

It's early in the morning, I have a bit of time on my hands, and it is time to get things done.

First, misguided.

hiplop wrote:You dont get my point. I agree with you, which is why nacho is scummy. People dont just have a preset plan for the game, it makex no sense. Nacho defended his actions with saying he has a new strategy, so essentially its a useless excuse, and hes scum

You haven't said shit about how my early game play was scummy.
My "playstyle change" wasn't something big, it wasn't something scummy. I didn't vote during the RVS like I usually do. Gambitting/trolling early game is part of my overall strategy, you can read that. You also am calling me scum for something you can't wrap your head around. If you don't believe me, read this. Before the game even begun, it was mine and Fate's duty to fuck with Hoopla, regardless of alignment. More proof, there goes the neighborhood, where I pre-planned a survivor fakeclaim as VT. Ellie's mafia, where I intentionally lurked as hard as possible before going on a mad scum-searching adventure in the last few days. The fact that you so boldly paint a picture of me being pressured hard, flailing, and only able with a blatant lie is ridiculous and stupid. It was a fun theory for a while and you got a town read from me because of it, but you can only ride the bullshit train for so long.

Rhinox wrote:Nice adhom in #272. I'm on the right track then.

There are things people do because they're scum. There are also things people do because they have it so lodged in their head that there is no way in God's green earth that they could be wrong. Blatantly lying about the position on his suspect list? Yeah, no scum motive there. Insulting you for questioning him on things that he believes to be completely correct? Stupid, but not scummy.
In things other than that, last time we met I was scum replacing into a shitty position and he was town who was promptly mislynched. So his strongest pursuit of the game is me, with a case that would be pretty damn risky as scum. No scum motive here either.
In short, the scum game that hiplop would have to be running now is risky as hell and being run for absolutely no reason. I can't even think about voting him until I understand why hiplop scum would get it into his mind that any of that would be a good idea. Do you have something that can change my mind?

DDD wrote:Hey guys Nacho is still totally doing nothing useful; maybe he'd start doing something useful or at very least we'd lynch scum if ya'll voted him as well!!!

I've been ignoring you lately, waiting for something to happen. From my experience of your playstyle, you are a player with a bit of an unconventional playstyle that gets things done. Right now, you are getting shit accomplished. If this is a gambit, bring out the fireworks because I am really, really bored of waiting.

Scummy:
themoaner wrote:Happy to oblige, but first: My predecessor has certainly left me in a big pile of poop, but I have to say that had I been reading this as a neutral I would have found it all to be very a very forced case (although I didn't read it a a neutral so I could well be biased).

I liked Malee, and I had a town read on Malee.
You, however, are taking a step onto my bad side with beginning your wall with trying to make excuses for your predecessor. The fact that you put it first shows that you're more concerned with defending yourself than finding scum, and we don't need people like you around at all.

themoaner wrote:That's it for now, they got shorter as I went along but I'm getting tired now so... I need to read through again and will possibly revise some of my reads over the next couple of days, unless I'm lynched of course.

Then, there's this.
You make a perfectly fine catchup post, with reads and stuff. You seem like you're misinterpreting the position you are in, as evidenced by the fact that you are afraid of the possibility that you will be lynched before you talk again. I find that scum are more likely to have these kinds of feelings, since they feel they have something to make up to the town for all of the glaring mistakes they see in their predecessor's play.

Alicewondering wrote:LOL Hip can't even remember his reads.

This is lazy. Try harder.

Lastsurvivor wrote:@theo: Ty for placating my hungry desire for content.

Unvote, Vote: Lastsurvivor

You have been pushing people to provide content but you haven't been producing it much yourself. Instead, you've been riding a Malee vote, but that has been riding for oh so long now and it's time to shit or get off the pot. Recent posts have not been helping.

Lastsurvivor wrote:The biggest problem I had with her is her out of place complimenting. In post #138, she says something vincent said was "very townish to say," even though, quite honestly, it was not very townish to say.

For example, this. "Out of place complimenting" is disagreeing with you? Yeah, not really acceptable.

And then there's Fishy, who is being fishy as hell, as per usual. Feels to passive, too lost in this game without Malee here. Please change this soon and be the Fishy we all know and love.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:56 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Rhinox is reaching way too hard to justify his stance on hiplop.

In post 273, theomoaner wrote:Happy to oblige, but first: My predecessor has certainly left me in a big pile of poop, but I have to say that had I been reading this as a neutral I would have found it all to be very a very forced case (although I didn't read it a a neutral so I could well be biased).

Fishy, Nacho; Amished-tell?
kortul
kortul
Goon
kortul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:41 am

Post by kortul »

I have a feeling like i am falling behind a bit, even reading the thread several times a day when i have a break. I really hope to get a quiet evening when my wife and kid will leave me alone for an hour or so, and reread all the walls. Meanwhile, i have some comments and questions.

My view on funkybike1 is getting worse. Constant question dodging/ignoring, vague comments, town reads on many players, with no scum reads and no vote.
funkybike1
, if you are actually reading our posts, do some home work and answer the questions, left by several players all over the last several pages.

theomoaner
, you say that you "always find votes with no explanation to be a little suspicious", applied that to Sleepless Assassin, but left behind two such votes of 4nxi3ty, who is null read for you. Also, you have several leaning scum reads, is no read strong enough to vote?

In post 277, Lastsurvivor wrote:The biggest problem I had with her is her out of place complimenting. In post #138, she says something vincent said was "very townish to say," even though, quite honestly, it was not very townish to say.
Last, are you sure you got that post right? I remember the different feeling from that post, so decided to dig it out:
In post 138, Malee wrote:
In post 130, Vincent2128 wrote:This post feels fake to me (see #95 and #97 as well.)

That's very townish to say, but it was genuine. I thought nacho voted you, but even without that vote, he still skimmed. I wasn't paying attention enough, my bad.
When i saw this post, i assumed she were talking about her next words, ie "That IS very townish FOR ME to say, but my post was genuine". I even didn't thought that it can be applied to a Vincent quote.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:01 am

Post by Rhinox »

hiplop wrote:do you really think its townie to keep to your reads completely and never veer off in the face of unorthodoxy? Scum are the one attempting to keep to a code, town's reads will generally fluctuate.

Thats not what I'm arguing at all. I'm saying you should be able to show reasons for your reads changing.

As far as i'm concerned, post #280 is a hiplop scum claim. You just repeated what you already said, without giving what I'm really asking for - the reasons
why
. You didn't actually address any of my questions/comments/concerns.

What wiki-based garbage am I using? do tell.

I'm not going to be drawn into a pointless argument where you keep repeating the same unjustified comments and don't actually address anything I'm saying.

More hiplop votes plox kthx.

nacho wrote:There are things people do because they're scum. There are also things people do because they have it so lodged in their head that there is no way in God's green earth that they could be wrong. Blatantly lying about the position on his suspect list? Yeah, no scum motive there. Insulting you for questioning him on things that he believes to be completely correct? Stupid, but not scummy.
In things other than that, last time we met I was scum replacing into a shitty position and he was town who was promptly mislynched. So his strongest pursuit of the game is me, with a case that would be pretty damn risky as scum. No scum motive here either.
In short, the scum game that hiplop would have to be running now is risky as hell and being run for absolutely no reason. I can't even think about voting him until I understand why hiplop scum would get it into his mind that any of that would be a good idea. Do you have something that can change my mind?

The core of the issue is that hiplop is playing as if he has some locked down reasoning for why you and I are his top to scum suspects, when that just does not exist. When you actually read his iso, his reads just keep arbitrarily shifting around. What drew my attention was when he switched my vote from me to you because I was going on V/LA and you had more support/momentum. The would be ok if you and I really were equal scum reads for him, or if he was still feeling us out trying to pressure us/get reactions or something. But his posts say I have been his #1 scum read since the start of the game basically, and I don't see any point where he says we're equal scum reads until he switches his vote and I start questioning him for it. So this seems like a scum-motivated vote switch, and then ad hoc reasoning that you and I are equal scum reads when his iso doesn't support that conclusion.

So thats the core, basically - the vote switch for the reasons given, and reads that aren't explained or supported by his iso. Its not about position on a suspect list, only insofar as it supports that he is arbitrarily changing his reads when its convenient to do so. He even says now that he only suspected DDD for lurking but if you go look through his iso you'll find thats not the case either. I'm not saying he has intentionally decided it would be a good idea to lie about his reads as a scum strategy. I'm saying that he's scum who is not explaining reads, and when questioned has started getting a bit flustered, and has resorted to ad hom, responding to accusations by calling me "obv scum" or "lolwikiarguments" in attempt to discredit me (no explanation about why in either case), and in his most recent post just keeps repeating the same unjustified beliefs I've been trying to get an explanation for. Its like he realizes he can't prove my arguments wrong, so he's just going to try to win the argument by arguing louder or insults or saying I have a kindergarten understanding of playing mafia. That is not a townie mindset, that is how scum play when they're beat. And thats when I stop trying to convince scum that they're scum and start trying to convince the rest of you to vote him. So please do.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:15 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

In post 249, Sleepless Assassin wrote:So... you . . . Don't defend yourself ever in a mafia game or...?
don't be ridiculous, I wouldn't be playing the game if I never had to defend myself. Just not a priority of mine to dispel every accusation thrown at me, especially when that person already has it cemented into their head that me and funkybile are scum.

---

DDD, amishtell is when.someone comments on their predecessor without being asked to, right?
That could be the case though alice did ask the replacement to post their reads; so I could see theo simply responding to that request.

would like to see more interactions from theomoaner before jumping to any conclusion.

---

I think rhinox was definitely portraying hiplop's actions as scummier than what actually happened. Also got the vibe that rhinox was buddyingup to me earlier. And there was something about his 1v1 with last that bugged me that I can't quite remember, nothing to do with pandering though.

For now my vote stays on rhinox.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:24 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 288, 4nxi3ty wrote:DDD, amishtell is when.someone comments on their predecessor without being asked to, right?
That could be the case though alice did ask the replacement to post their reads; so I could see theo simply responding to that request.

would like to see more interactions from theomoaner before jumping to any conclusion.

It's more specifically the negative reference to the slot than just commenting on it.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:53 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

@Nacho: Hum. If your vote is only based off of a joke I've been making based off of Rhinox's post 254 (read the last sentence and his use of the word "placate," and then look at my avatar and scroll down to #258 where I first used the joke if you don't get it), and a slight disappointment that I haven't changed my vote in awhile, then hopefully you won't mind if I disregard your vote for now.

@Kortul: Yeah, I'm pretty sure I got it right. If she were talking about her own posts, wouldn't she say "That's very townish to say,
and
it's genuine"? If I'm understanding what you're saying, anyway.

Gonna spend the afternoon doing ISOs. Just replying to stuff directed at me.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:00 am

Post by Fishythefish »

In post 284, Nachomamma8 wrote:And then there's Fishy, who is being fishy as hell, as per usual. Feels to passive, too lost in this game without Malee here. Please change this soon and be the Fishy we all know and love.

I don't have much time today, but just a quick "here's where I am" post - I feel like I've been pushing and found no resistance, first on Malee (who replaced out) and now on funky (who isn't answering). In both cases I had questions I really wanted/want answered to firm up or dissipate my scumread. So yeah, I guess that does make me feel fairly lost. I think I can find myself again by engaging more with the you/Rhinox/hiplop/whoever situation, and I'll do that tomorrow.
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:04 am

4n, I find it very weird that you want to just let that slide and maybe everyone will forget about it, but tomorrow when I'm pushing your lynch, expect me to requote it and request a reply.

theomoaner
theomoaner
Goon
theomoaner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:06 am

Post by theomoaner »

In post 276, Fishythefish wrote:

@tm:
- How does 4n come out as null? Sounds like town.
- Why is Alice probably town?

To me it always feels a bit off when people call for a quick lynch on someone who isn't there to answer.

4n - In 1196 I had him pegged for much of the game as scum, and was a little surprised when he was NKd. He's playing the same way here, which could mean he is town but... I guess I just find the way he plays a bit scummy. He often throws in votes without explanation (which as I said, I don't particularly like) and it feels like much of the time he's sitting on the edge and taking the odd snipe at others.

Alice - Her posts feel like "the voice of reason". She seems to be analysing what others are posting and to try to help others think through their ideas (for example post 148). I can't see scum doing this.

In post 277, Lastsurvivor wrote:I really need to reread when I find the time.

First and foremost

@theo: Ty for placating my hungry desire for content.

First and foremost about Malee: All of the problems with Malee come AFTER the post you quoted.

Now, when you ask "Why?" I assume you mean "Why did this big case come up"?

The biggest problem I had with her is her out of place complimenting. In post #138, she says something vincent said was "very townish to say," even though, quite honestly, it was not very townish to say. That sunk the deal at the time. The other points are her mess of a case on Nacho. I.e, voting him even though it's clear that she didn't think he was scum.

Theo, why do you think hip is scummy for having odd scum targets?

The "Why?" was why I think the case is weak. It seems you have missed the point of what I was trying to make. I think that from the start (with all respect to her) Malee was not able to play proplerly so taking anything she said as evidence of anything is making a point out of nothing.

I think Hiplop is scummy because of the way his vote has wavered around, for example the Rhinox-SA-Rhinox jump early on, and the changes in his scumlist without, seemingly, much thought behind them.

In post 286, kortul wrote:
theomoaner
, you say that you "always find votes with no explanation to be a little suspicious", applied that to Sleepless Assassin, but left behind two such votes of 4nxi3ty, who is null read for you. Also, you have several leaning scum reads, is no read strong enough to vote?

I didn't miss them I just didn't explain my reason for my read on him very well. He did this in the other game we were in so I think it's his normal play style, I don't really know that much about SA.
No I don't think my reads are solid enough to start throwing votes around yet.

In post 285, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:

Fishy, Nacho; Amished-tell?

Can you explain this to me please, I'm not familiar with the concept.

post 281 It just seemed to run on for a little to long to be an early game opener.
All hail Eris, All hail discordia.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:37 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

@theo: Ah, I see what you mean by the "Why?" now.

Anyhoo, I was under the impression that Malee had gotten over her health issues. You realize that when she was talking about being on medication and such during a prior game from like...January right? (Well, she flaked in January, the game went on until the crash)

I'm pretty sure the reason she flaked was not because she had health issues, but because she was playing four games and couldn't handle it. That's not a reason to excuse any mistakes she made.

Why are you defending her actions, anyway?

And about hiplop: I think I might be misunderstanding you or you might be misunderstanding me. When you said why you thought he was scummy, your reason was, "because of the wavering around on votes / who he thinks is scummy." I took the "who he thinks is scummy" part as having strange scum targets. Are you referring to something else?

The ISOs are going slowly, mostly because I keep on nodding off. <_<
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:38 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

PEDIT: *You realize that
when
she was talking about being on medication and such during a prior game from like...January right?
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:58 am

Post by hiplop »

you know what?

VOTE: Rhinox

Nacho's latest post is very reasonable, and replies to my case in a pretty townie matter. Hes still my #2, but rhinox has usurped him greatly

Rhinox is trying pretty hard to paint me as scum, I see why hes doing it, to protect his scum ass :|
What wiki-based garbage am I using? do tell.

"He changed his reads, he scum lololol"
" He repeatef himself, he scum lololol"

other crap like that, its what your case on me is, mixed with survivalism

Hes clentching to a falseness, and he knows it. There isn't a shread of conviction within his posts, for he hasn't mastered that skill yet.
third best scummer of all time
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:41 am

Post by Rhinox »

^^scumclaim #2
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:41 pm

Post by Lastsurvivor »

I've done all the ISOs but one, but I doubt I'd find anything interesting there anyway.

I've concluded that this hiplop/rhinox argument is town/town and pointless. Honestly, both of them are using arguments that are so illogical that this has to be two people with bad tunnel vision on each other.

Instead, we should focus our attention on Alice.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Alicewondering

Throughout this entire game, Alice has been making contradictory arguments that clearly show she's just trying to blend in. First thing I noticed while going through her ISO? Alice calls me out for making an RVS while, allegedly, RVS has ended.

Spoiler: quote #1
In post 35, Alicewondering wrote:
In post 27, Lastsurvivor wrote:VOTE: Malee for flaking on one of my past games (lost in the crash ofc).

Malee is last on my will for the aforementioned reason.

DDD, if you think asking for the last person in a person's will is "useless information," then why did you ask the question in the first place?

This seems like a random-ish vote to me. Is it random? If so, what is the sense of prolonging RVS?

I made that post in post #27. Look at the post below it, post 28 by funkybike. What is it? A RANDOM VOTE.Why didn't Alice call out this random vote as well as mine? Because Alice really doesn't care about finding scum. Why? Because she is scum.

Spoiler: quote #2
In post 102, Alicewondering wrote:If Malee flips scum, LS becomes scummier.

Post #102 above is an example of Alice trying to fit in. I had just defended Malee because her play was consistent with a previous game I played with her. Alice made the profound observation above. Obviously, if Malee was scum and I defended her, I would look scummier. But when someone asked her why she made this observation, Alice gave a vague answer instead of an obvious answer. She said, "He's vouching for her in a way that doesn't exactly feel genuine to me". Really? That doesn't really say anything.

Later on in that same post I linked to, Alice says, "Her posts look a
little fake in general (though I hate that sort of reasoning).
"

So hold up, Alice? You dislike calling people's posts fake, even though you use that sort of reasoning twice (towards Malee and I)? Why do you feel so comfortable using a sort of reasoning you dislike? Because somewhere along the line, you're lying?

re switching from malee to funkybike: I can see the reasoning, sort of. However, Alice repeats multiple times that Malee is still her top scum read even though she has switched votes. Which, again, I can understand.

What I DON'T understand, however, is that Alice has not interacted with Theo at all. Instead, she is voting Hiplop. It is like she forgot who her top scum read was...or, you know, Malee/Theo was never her top scum read.

TL;DR:

Vote Alice. Four reasons.

1) She does not care about finding scum. See quote 1. Alice calls me out for RVS voting when funky RVS voted the post after mine.
2) Alice is clearly trying to fit in by making observations that seem legit at a glance but really aren't. See quote 2.
3) Alice is hypocritical. See the paragraphs after quote 2. She is ok with calling others out for things that she thinks are fake, even though she does not like using that kind of reasoning.
4) Alice repeatedly stated that Malee was her top scum read, but she has not interacted with her replacement. Instead, she hopped onto Hip's train. See, "re switching from malee to funkybike"
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:06 pm

Moaner, how would you expect 4n to play as scum? I realize it's a hard question to answer, but giving someone a pass for "this is just how they play" isn't the right way to handle a player whose style you don't care for. Obviously, you know he isn't town in every game he plays, so it might help to try and figure out what to look for that might be different in his town games than scum games.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”