Mini 1310: I Got My Eye On You Mafia (Game Over!)

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:39 pm

Post by Korlash »

Starky-boy wrote:@Korlash, what are those other points that are making her claim bogus?

Well my friend, I'm glad you asked.

In post 407, Amrun wrote:
I'm a power role and I'm not even going to tell you which one except you would be pretty dumb to lynch it.

In post 423, Amrun wrote:
If I get threatened with a hammer, I'll claim my full role, but not before. It's too premature, yet.

In post 426, Amrun wrote:Chill, chill, I was afk.

I'm a cop.

Not really surprising, giving the flavor - and that counterclaim stuff is bs, because I am almost certainly not the only one.

Interestingly, though, my role pm never mentions the word "cop." I seem to have no role name at all. It describes the abilities of a cop pretty dead on, though.

It doesn't say, so I'm assuming sanity not guaranteed.

In post 471, Amrun wrote:
If scum had a roleblocker, they would almost definitely have roleblocked me last night. They know that I am a cop because they know I'm not scum, and the likelihood of me fakeclaiming as town is very low. So they know that I have the potential to fuck them over (as both guilties and innocents are very bad for scum).

It's not 100% sure they don't have a roleblocker, because there are other interfering abilities (redirect, for example), and other possibilities of things that interfered with their roleblocker. They also COULD have blocked RainbowDash or someone else, but I think that would be dumb. But maybe the scum are dumb. idk.

Still, despite outside chances of uncommon roles/weird role interaction/super dumb scum, it is unlikely that there's a roleblocker on scum side. Me turning up with no result today could easily have led to my lynch, which is a possibility that would be very hard to pass up for scum.

In post 473, Amrun wrote:Voided responded. Cop.

He also pointed out that I missed it in the original PM. It was in the quote name bit and I missed it completely. Oh well.

In post 506, Amrun wrote:I was trying to entice scum into killing me yesterday, but it was unlikely considering I'm still a potential mislynch.

Amrun wrote:Korlash, I only tried to do it after I got to L-1. It's why I didn't full claim immediately (and said the stuff about town would be so dumb to lynch met etc) and why I said I would be killed overnight, etc. It was unlikely to ever happen, but I tried.

The 407 and 426 stuff are contradictory. "You would be pretty dumb to lynch me" vs. "I'm almost certainly not the only one", Why would we be 'dumb' to lynch a role we have multiple of? And I mean specifically, Why would we be dumb for lynching it and not for simply lynching a power role if we have multiples of her role? In a hypothetical sense, if we have four cops and one doc, lynching the doc would be dumb... Lynching the cop would simply be, unfortunate.

The part about 'having no name' seems like a stall. it wasn't until after we had a town flip that she figured it out (aka knew the game had simple role names). She made reference to this in post 477 which is quite possibly because she had specifically looked for it to refine her claim. I looked at my own role PM, and there is no way I missed my role name. No fucking way, since we are both replacements I cannot believe her's is any differently structured than mine is.

The part about trying to get nightkilled is also bullshit. She was at L-1 before she even suggested we would be idiots for lynching her, so saying it was "after" that is ridiculous. Plus, in post 423 she refuses to full claim until threatened with a hammer. Why? if she wanted to be nightkilled, she should have full claimed immediately thus ensuring the scum wanted to kill her. Instead, she stalls during deadline while at L-1 arguing over a hammer threat. Ridiculous.

And her 471 looks rehearsed. She goes out of her way of explaining what should be a hole in her claim without technically being asked. (She first mentioned it herself in post 465) This is simply my opinion, so feel free to ignore or disagree with it, but it's the type of move I would make while fakeclaiming, making sure to patch up cracks as soon as possible with reasonable excuses while structuring it in such a way that the scum team isn't hurt by the disclosure. (i.e. the "i don't think, but it's possible, but unlikely" keeps us guessing as to if they do or don't in the event she is lynched)

Add in the game's flavor and cop is the most likely picked role to fakeclaim as scum. So all together, NOTHING about this claim adds up (other than her investigating me, who oddly enough is the main person pushing her claim as bogus suggesting this 'result' could simply be a means of appeasement towards me.) and the amount of circumstantial evidence against it keeps growing.

The claim is bogus, and has been since yesterday.
It's not my job to be right, it's my job to be convincing.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:00 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 525, Korlash wrote:The part about trying to get nightkilled is also bullshit. She was at L-1 before she even suggested we would be idiots for lynching her, so saying it was "after" that is ridiculous. Plus, in post 423 she refuses to full claim until threatened with a hammer. Why? if she wanted to be nightkilled, she should have full claimed immediately thus ensuring the scum wanted to kill her. Instead, she stalls during deadline while at L-1 arguing over a hammer threat. Ridiculous.

Despite the fact that everything about my claim adds up, what the HELL are you saying in this bit?

I said I decided to try for that after I got to L-1, and you say ... "she was at L-1 before she started doing that!" Um, yes. That is what I JUST SAID.

I KNOW cop isn't as valuable in this game as it might be in other games and that's WHY I didn't want to fullclaim immediately. How would fullclaiming immediately ensure the scum wanted to kill me? That does not make sense.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:20 pm

Post by Korlash »

In rereading your quote about the L-1, I think I may have misunderstood your meaning. So we'll keep it more on target...

And what do you mean 'how would full claiming ensure the scum wanted to kill you'? Regardless off how 'useful' a cop is in ratio to other games, a cop is a cop. A dead cop is a scum benefit. That's end of story.

Add in the fact, NOT full claiming makes you a higher mislynch probability which reduces the chance anyone would kill you, and add in the deadline factor and the entire 'ploy' of not full claiming is entirely scummy and doesn't match the suggestion you were 'aiming to be nightkilled'.

And what part of your claim 'adds up'? From my perspective, nothing seems to add up.

Star Trek Voyager Mafia! Ends in a Starfleet victory! Pomp, Circumstance, and Bloodwine for all!
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:25 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 527, Korlash wrote:NOT full claiming makes you a higher mislynch probability which reduces the chance anyone would kill you

Disagree.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

iStark
iStark
Goon
iStark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:52 am

Post by iStark »

Err before this get's more fluffy and full of wifom's.

1.Any reasonable scum would try to kill PR in nights doesn't matter if it was full claim or partial one, only reason one wont is that there is chance of some one protecting that PR and scum usually tries to avoid wasting night kill's. ( I was PR in my first and only completed game and I accidentally claimed on D1 to, though I wasn't targeted in N-1). I don't see why things would be different here.

2.Yes, this game flavor suggest existence of multiple PR's of cop flavor, but they don't have to be similar. So, it's pretty stupid to say lynching PR is unfortunate occurrence. Unless some one actually counter claims for that exact role.

I do think half claiming by Amrun in this particular setup was not a good idea, we are lucky that no one actually counter claimed it and outed themselves in midst of the confusion.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:57 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 529, iStark wrote:I do think half claiming by Amrun in this particular setup was not a good idea, we are lucky that no one actually counter claimed it and outed themselves in midst of the confusion.

Half claiming to avoid someone counterclaiming was the WHOLE IDEA.

I was worried there would be multiple cops and that someone would stupidly counterclaim, not realizing that there could easily be more than one town cop in this set up.

However, the voyeur flip suggests we might just have varying informative roles.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

iStark
iStark
Goon
iStark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:09 am

Post by iStark »

Could have gone other way, but I wont argue since it didn't.

Still don't like the idea of you checking obvious Town read Korlash over Ice who was probable lynch target for today ( And even you admit to that).
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:26 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 531, iStark wrote:Still don't like the idea of you checking obvious Town read Korlash over Ice who was probable lynch target for today ( And even you admit to that).

How could someone have counterclaimed a half claim? That's literally impossible.

And you clearly don't agree with me on optimal cop strategy.

Korlash wasn't a town read for ME.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Luckyjt
Luckyjt
Goon
Luckyjt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:33 am

Post by Luckyjt »

In post 532, Amrun wrote:
In post 531, iStark wrote:Still don't like the idea of you checking obvious Town read Korlash over Ice who was probable lynch target for today ( And even you admit to that).

How could someone have counterclaimed a half claim? That's literally impossible.

Well you did say already that Krlash was not a town read for you, but I am more amazed at the fact that I was your top scum pick (since you had a vote on me) and ended up not using an investigation on me. But for now I will believe your cop claim.
iStark
iStark
Goon
iStark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:55 am

Post by iStark »

I'm talking about this.
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p3947973

Saying ''I'm cop'' is half ass in this situation unlike normal games.

It could be easily counterclaimed by anyone who had cop role and didn't think trough before posting since your claim lacked clarity needed to it considering flavor.

That's still hypothesis since it actually never came true but it wasn't justified.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:13 am

Post by BBmolla »

Hey Voided, I'm sorry about this but

@mod: Requesting Replacement

I'm just wasting this slot, I unfortunately do not have the time to keep up because I'm an idiot. I'm just going to keep putting it off, so I'll just replace out.

Hokay...
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:08 am

Post by Amrun »

In post 533, Luckyjt wrote:

Well you did say already that Krlash was not a town read for you, but I am more amazed at the fact that I was your top scum pick (since you had a vote on me) and ended up not using an investigation on me. But for now I will believe your cop claim.

I considered investigating you. However, several people could probably be convinced to vote you, whereas NO ONE seemed to be interested in voting Korlash except for me. I needed a guilty to lynch him - but he appears to be innocent, and that's useful as well.

In post 534, iStark wrote:

I'm talking about this.
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p3947973

Saying ''I'm cop'' is half ass in this situation unlike normal games.

It could be easily counterclaimed by anyone who had cop role and didn't think trough before posting since your claim lacked clarity needed to it considering flavor.

That's still hypothesis since it actually never came true but it wasn't justified.

But that's not all that I said. The rest of my post was expanding on that claim. o.O What?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:28 am

Post by IceGuy »

Amrun, I had already suspected you from the beginning of the day, when you posted this:

In post 456, Amrun wrote:VOTE: IceGuy

I re-read overnight and decided I was wrong about Korlash. He's town; we just don't see eye to eye.

This is a fucking obvious cop breadcrumb if I've ever seen one - you can make this kind of thing much less obvious. Only when RD called you out in #458 you posted your result in #465 and claimed you forgot your claim, which I'd probably buy if you had claimed before the crash, but your claim was only a few days ago.

Now you're explaining your reason for not immediately fullclaiming, and it reads dodgy as fuck. You made a non-full claim to prevent counterclaiming? You just could've said something "yeah, I'm a cop, which is probably not surprising giving the flavor".

To me, this reads more like you claimed something vague so you can fill in the blanks as you go, went the easiest route when pressured to fullclaim (you can easily make up results as scum, and due to the theme a counterclaim wouldn't mean much). When Day 2 started, you forgot you had already fakeclaimed, and tried to set up an obvious breadcrumb so the claim you thought you'd prepared for later would look more believable.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Amrun
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:39 am

Post by Amrun »

Of course it was an obvious cop breadcrumb. It was supposed to be obvious. I forgot I had claimed already, but that's just a brainfart. It happens to me sometimes. I think it happens to everyone.

I non-full claimed for SEVERAL reasons: I didn't want any premature counterclaims, which would probably come from town, AND I wanted to try and entice the scum into nightkilling me. And, only being at L-1 with no threat of a hammer, I wanted to avoid full claiming if at all possible.

I wasn't vague at all. My claim was extremely specific. And your argument that I forgot I had already fakeclaimed and conveniently breadcrumbed the role I had forgotten I fakeclaimed makes NO sense.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:22 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Vote OOTN

Im pretty slammed by a design project right now so im going to be a bit distance.

OOTN is scum just floating along not doing anything to scumhunt and just supporting whatever somepony else says. Amrun we can deal with later.

Me/CSL/Korlash are town

I want to say AD and lucky too, will be surprised if more than one scum in those ponies.

So Ice/Lopsy/OOTN/molia/Amrun/Stark is where I am at right now. Im not intereted in molia or Amrun lynches today. I could swing to Ice but I think he is more likely poor town instead of scum. Lopsy and Stark bug me a whole lot on gut, but OOTN is legit scummy.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:29 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

All this setup speculation is really annoying and confusing me. Plus I have nothing else to say. That's why I'm not really doing much today.
“Leftover lady, let alone the strongest to be subdued.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

hey beautiful ! how was your day ?
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:31 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

If you want my input on the claim business, I think Amrun's claim is legit.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:37 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 541, Om of the Nom wrote:If you want my input on the claim business, I think Amrun's claim is legit.

Great! So who is scum?

Om of the Nom wrote:That's why I'm not really doing much today.

So what was all of yesterdays excuse then?
You don't earn
loyalty
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:42 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

Scum is IceGuy, Luckyjt, and possibly ActionDan and/or BBmolla. I'm also a bit wary of Lopsy too.
IceGuy is the one I'm most confident on.

Yesterdays reason was that I was still not completely caught up yet, but now I'm fine with pursuing my reads.

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:43 pm

Post by Korlash »

You all know I could get behind an Omnomnom wagon. Or lucky if it comes to that. I still think Am's claim is bogus but if it's impossible to hang her I can deal with it. Ice and Stark are town, So is RD. Everyone else is whatever-sauce.

*yawn* I'm kinda losing touch with this game. Hopefully my others will end so I can put more effort into here, where it belongs! <3

Korlash
Korlash
Krap Logick
Korlash
Krap Logick
Krap Logick

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:45 pm

Post by Korlash »

@Mod: Is it possible to get post 3 updated to reflect current living player list, or is that post messed up as well?

No, you're just hallucinating. As usual.
Last edited by Voidedmafia on Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:49 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

In post 544, Korlash wrote:You all know I could get behind an Omnomnom wagon. Or lucky if it comes to that. I still think Am's claim is bogus but if it's impossible to hang her I can deal with it.

Im still torn on Amrun. I really hate kondis play, but her reaction to the CSL claim I like a whole lot.
You don't earn
loyalty
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:49 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Lopsy has been prodded
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
iStark
iStark
Goon
iStark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:03 am

Post by iStark »

@Amrum, Your rest of the post said ''It's classic cop role'' or something & answers to the RD's question with nothing real to catch on. I think that's half ass.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:20 am

Post by ActionDan »

*yawn* I'm kinda losing touch with this game. Hopefully real life will end so I can put more effort into here, where it belongs! <3

I'm ok with a lynch on OotN, but BBm had pretty half-ass reads yesterday and flatly could barely provide more than 'vijay is scum'.

I've internalized Korlash's case against amrun and I agree that if Amrun is not a cop, those reasons are all indications of why she isn't (Let me add here that killing Vijay off before Amrun is a strong reason as well to disbelieve the cop claim, and I highly doubt scum left amrun unmeddled with just to try and mislynch her D2 [It might mean scum tried to meddle with her action, busdriver, framer, redirector etc.]). However no one is counterclaiming so letting Amrun live an extra day in case she is the cop makes sense to me.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”