NY 151: Playground Mafia (Game Over-Mafia Win!)

The Mini-Librarian
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
The Mini-Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:40 am

Post by The Mini-Librarian »

In post 121, Pine wrote:KK, he's deserving of pressure. Not of "NEEDS TO DIE NOW".

:|

What other means of pressure do I have besides calling for his death? Would you have liked it better if I said something more of the lines of "scooby is scum" or "scooby needs to explain himself"?
NihilisticNinja
NihilisticNinja
Townie
NihilisticNinja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:42 am

Post by NihilisticNinja »

Sigh. Beginning to think that this is a town v. town argument, so I'm not pushing it any further.

Nero- what are your current reads, and why? Particularly rack and redFF?
And redFF- what are your current reads and why? Particularly Nero Cain and rack?

Anybody else getting a distancing vibe from redFF and Pine's regarding the rack-hydra debate, or is it just me.

And KK continues to be town. Getting a town vibe from Librarian too.
NihilisticNinja is town.

I will no longer be a complete and utter hyperactive douche.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:55 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 110, NihilisticNinja wrote:
In post 106, The Mini-Librarian wrote:Holy fuck. I want Rack to die a painful death immediately. (their first content post is easily the scummiest thing in thread)

I also would like scooby to die. (confirm without content? :/)

Actually, reading it again... yeah. That post is pretty awful. No reads, with three incredibly weak questions that won't provide any information that really seems like it could generate a read, two of them feeling like they're passively attacking two of the people who are attacking Nero Cain, whom apparently rack has a slight scum read on, and yet doesn't press Nero in any way in the original post, and then doesn't actually follow up on the two questions that are answered.

And while I like the pressure Lambda exerted on Nero, her reason for her Mastin read was pretty weaksauce, and this feels a bit weird to me:

In post 71, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
I honestly wouldn't mind a Mastin lynch right now, because he's playing up this whole "new me" thing, and it's out of character. Almost like he's compensating for something...

Kublai Khan wrote:mastin2 could be town. Time will tell. I'm in no rush to lynch him. He'll slip up later if he's scum.

Nero Cain, drmyshotgun, & Maxous are earlytown.

Candy Corn Vampire has some bad mojo going on. Not a fan of vijay2vasandani either.

P. Edit - Good feelings on HezLucky. He's wrong though.

Once again, elaborate. Mastin2 thing is fine.

If you feel that Mastin is a good lynch candidate, why is KK's early weak null/town read on him "fine"?

You need to look at context, Ninja.

The reason it was "fine" is because Mastin has posted a sufficient amount that a read on him can be justified. I understood why he might have that read, since A) My own Mastin read is only a slight concern and not a full on scum read and B) even if I did read Mastin as strong scum from early on, that doesn't mean that KK can't have reason to find him town.

@KK: The elaboration you gave is fine, but I do note that I never said that you couldn't find someone town and disagree with their reads. (As shown above, I agree that this IS possible. Rather, I wanted to know WHY this was the case for you.)

@Rack: You can answer my question or you can die once this game opens.

@Pine: You're not really this dense are you? I don't care if Mastin has claiming he wanted to "change his ways" before this game began (which coincidentally I had no knowledge of him saying this, so your false conjecturing and accusations are noted), it's still weird for him to make it a public spectacle and have us privy to every moment of it. I said I wouldn't mind him being lynched for that, because I truly think that it's weird enough for him to suggest this that he might need to die. However, I certainly would never lead a wagon him him based solely on this.

So your conjecture that people are trying to lynch Mastin because of playstyle is inherently wrong, since A) no one can vote yet and B) if you think that the reasons for a Mastin lynch would be his playstyle, you're lying to everyone. You've played with Mastin. He's obvious town or Obvious scum. In other words, if he's scum he's going to be REALLY OBVIOUS SCUM. You know this. I think you may even have said this yourself (if I'm wrong, forgive me. I know someone said this to me once and I can't remember if it was you. -shrug-).

The other thing I find disturbing in your posts, Pine, is the "distancing" comment about myself and Rack. Are you seriously trying to make associative tells with no one flipped yet? Hell, no one has even VOTED YET and you're trying to do this. I want an explanation of why you think that you can do associative tells with no one flipped yet.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:58 am

In post 94, Candy Corn Vampire wrote:
In post 88, Maxous wrote:
In post 37, Candy Corn Vampire wrote:how is ninja already buddying lambda before the game starts.

In what way exactly?
This confused me.

It was a joke. He was defending her statements for her.

This being said, Ninja, he's bad. Like, just ISO him and read a few of his games and you'll see that he's bad.

can you explain this dear? is he an alt?

Policy lynching is boring. and rack is pretty scummy.

I think you may be confused. The quote you reference here is referring to Drmyshottyissik as a VI. I am telling Ninja to research him himself.

Once again, I think you may need to CHECK YOUR CONTEXT. I mean come on people, is it that hard to read things in context and interpret them the right way? :P

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:02 am

In post 124, Nero Cain wrote:he could have looked it up.

But he asked YOU to provide examples because he wanted to see if YOU had credence for YOUR claims.

I actually have very little doubt that Ninja LOOKED UP SHOTTY GAMES EVEN BEFORE I TOLD HIM TO.

I am firmly convinced Ninja (and myself) wanted to see YOU post an example so that YOU could substantiate YOUR calling him a VI.

And you didn't. And that's bad.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
NihilisticNinja
NihilisticNinja
Townie
NihilisticNinja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:03 am

In post 127, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
You need to look at context, Ninja.

The reason it was "fine" is because Mastin has posted a sufficient amount that a read on him can be justified. I understood why he might have that read, since A) My own Mastin read is only a slight concern and not a full on scum read and B) even if I did read Mastin as strong scum from early on, that doesn't mean that KK can't have reason to find him town.

Good defense. At the moment, you're definitely playing like LambdaTown.

The other thing I find disturbing in your posts, Pine, is the "distancing" comment about myself and Rack. Are you seriously trying to make associative tells with no one flipped yet? Hell, no one has even VOTED YET and you're trying to do this. I want an explanation of why you think that you can do associative tells with no one flipped yet.

I disagree. It IS possible to get associative vibes pre-flip. They shouldn't be STRONG ones, and one certainly can't vote based off them, but it's worth noting when you see possible connections between players. The rack-Lambda connection is nonsense, though.
NihilisticNinja is town.

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:06 am

In post 130, NihilisticNinja wrote:

I disagree. It IS possible to get associative vibes pre-flip. They shouldn't be STRONG ones, and one certainly can't vote based off them, but it's worth noting when you see possible connections between players. The rack-Lambda connection is nonsense, though.

I agree it's worth noting to yourself. Quite honestly, I make a dozen or more such connections on day 1.

I don't post any of them because in my mind none of them have any relevance until some people die and we have some absolutes to work with.

I mean, you need a certain level of factual truth before you can start to claim things with certainty, right Bern~?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:07 am

EBWOP: As such, I find it a LITTLE bit suspicious that people try and do that, because there is scum motivation to state these kinds of reads. (See: Chaining Lynches)

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:15 am

Oh, I should also give some preliminary reads.

Ninja strikes me as a pure hearted townie of goodness.

KK seems logical town, but I have a real... twinge about KK that I need to check up on. Nothing too serious, I just gotta go read a Metropolis game again. God help my soul. If everything checks out, then KK should be a pretty good town here.

I want to see Mastin's reads before I continue reads on him. Like I said, if Mastin's town, I'll know from his reads.

Librarian has some good posts about Rack. Then again, Rack is a incredibly easy target and anyone can make the blanket statement about Rack's questions. They're terrible. Follow this with Rack not substatiating his claim about me, and he's looking really bad. This isn't to say that I think Librarian is scummy for liking Rack as scum, I just don't think he's incredibly town for it. And I don't think any conjectures can be made about Scooby's confirm post. It's literally completely null until Scooby posts some content. So, yeah Librarian is town but not as town as everyone seems to think. Probably a slight town lean, just for sincerity in posts.

Pine- I want to see Pine's response to my questions and points before I give a read here.

RedFF- I don't know what the problem with forcing a hydra to claim their heads is. I actually found it to be a town tell. The only reason I'm not doing it, is because at this moment I consider my vote on them and if they refuse to answer my question again, I'll be lynching them day 1. And then it won't matter who their heads are.

Nero- Scummy. Dodging Ninja's questions and general blanket statements about Shotty. Not good.

Rack- You know my feelings here. Scum.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:24 am

Post by Pine »

@LLD: The date on the post he linked to was March 9th. Do your fucking research, you're not this newbish. Regardless, suspecting someone for an announced change in playstyle is stupid. If he didn't announce it, then people like you or I would jump on him for his change in behavior. Your suspicion creates double jeopardy, which is nonsense. You know better.

[quote="LLD]I said
I wouldn't mind him being lynched for that
, because I truly think that it's weird enough for him to suggest this that
he might need to die
. However,
I certainly would never lead a wagon him him based solely on this.
[/quote]
Lolwhut? Not sure if this is a backpedal, cognitive dissonance, or both, but it stinks to high fuck.

The LLD/Rack distancing connection stems solely from my early scumreads on them both, contrasted with the light but meaningless bickering they're developing. It stinks of distancing.

I find it incredibly amusing that LLD demeans Librarian's suspicion of Rack as going after an easy target, then unequivocally calls Rack scum later in the post. DISINGENUOUSLY DISTANCE MOAR, K?
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:25 am

Post by Pine »

@Mod: Fix my quote tags in 134, kay?

Those last two sentences of 134 refer to LLD's dissonance in 133.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:28 am

Yeah ok, you're terrible Pine.

How am I distancing when I say that I want Rack dead, but I don't find Librarian's suspicion of Rack to make him incredibly town?

You're either scum, or you're retarded.

I mean, you either HONESTLY BELIEVE that someone would lynch Mastin based off playstyle. (In which case you're incredibly stupid).

OR you're scum and you're trying to play up something that doesn't exist.

I don't remember you being this stupid Pine.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:31 am

Also, what is this shit? "Meaningless Bickering"?

ARE. YOU. STUPID?

I mean SERIOUSLY? How is it meaningless bickering? He accused me of being passive, and I called him on it. I asked him to provide an example of where I showed Passive Play, and he REFUSED TO DO SO.

HOW IS THAT MEANINGLESS? SCUM GOT CAUGHT TRYING TO FAKE CONTENT AND NOW THEY'RE BEING CALLED ON IT.

I actually want you to substantiate YOUR claim now, Pine.

Find me one example of "meaningless bickering" from my posts concerning Rack. One fucking example, or you can join the "to die" list.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
NihilisticNinja
NihilisticNinja
Townie
NihilisticNinja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:32 am

In post 134, Pine wrote:
I find it incredibly amusing that LLD demeans Librarian's suspicion of Rack as going after an easy target, then unequivocally calls Rack scum later in the post. DISINGENUOUSLY DISTANCE MOAR, K?

In post 133, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
Librarian has some good posts about Rack.Then again, Rack is a incredibly easy target and anyone can make the blanket statement about Rack's questions. They're terrible. Follow this with Rack not substatiating his claim about me, and he's looking really bad.

Quote-mine more, kthnx. She's saying that rack is obvscum, so it's easy to make blanket attacks against them- not that they're an easy mislynch.
NihilisticNinja is town.

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:34 am

Also, I don't feel I was clear enough on how bad your dissonance argument is here.

It's not dissonance or backpedaling because for that to be true, you would have to believe that I would lynch Mastin based solely on his change of style.

All my posts were saying is that it warranted some concern.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:36 am

Post by redFF »

guys guys guys

We're lynching shotty day 1, this is a foregone conclusion.

Let's talk about day 2.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:37 am

Post by Benmage »

So rack is scum. Shotty is scum. Scooby is scum.

NN lld mastin and KK are town. Hold on a sec.

Pedit redff can be town.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:38 am

In post 140, redFF wrote:guys guys guys

Let's talk about day 2.

We are not lynching Shotty Day 1 with Rack and Pine on the docket. You can shatter that illusion right now.

If you want Shotty lynched, find something about his play that makes him scummy and lynch him for it.

P-Edit: Benmage, can you explain Shotty-scum to me? He's made one post (IIRC). Can you point to what is scummy there?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
NihilisticNinja
NihilisticNinja
Townie
NihilisticNinja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:39 am

In post 140, redFF wrote:guys guys guys

Let's talk about day 2.

Oh hey, nice to see you're here, redFF. Care to answer the question I've asked you to answer twice now and you keep dodging?

And why is it a foregone conclusion? I much prefer a rack lynch at the moment.

Benmage- explain red town. Not feeling it at all. Shotty-scum is another good question.
NihilisticNinja is town.

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:40 am

Post by Benmage »

Right, hezzlucky is scum and CCV is town.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:43 am

Post by Benmage »

@Lld, the opener of his big post read as scum tryig to gloss over the real threat of him being likely lynched D1.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:45 am

Post by Benmage »

@NN, reds opener to the mod. Post 111.

Can we vote yet?

Are there hydras in this game?
NihilisticNinja
NihilisticNinja
Townie
NihilisticNinja
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:52 am

In post 146, Benmage wrote:@NN, reds opener to the mod. Post 111.

Can we vote yet?

Are there hydras in this game?

I can see #111 being a towntell, but not a huge one. And his question to the mod is null, imo. His lack of commenting on 99% of the game and refusing to give reads is far more disconcerting. I mean, just look at his ISO. Not getting the warm townie fuzzies.

And in case those are actual questions: reck is apparently a hydra, and I don't believe we can vote yet.
NihilisticNinja is town.

Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:53 am

Post by Benmage »

Woah, minilibrarian is town, dur.

Vagina is scum.

I'm torn on Pine. So very wrong..... so likely town.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:56 am

Post by Benmage »

Lets see where I'm at :

Scum :
rack
hezzlucky
Shotty
scooby
Vagina

Town :
Me
KK
LLD
mL. (Minilib.)
NN
Mastin
Redff
pine

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”