Captain Corporal
Captain Corporal
Goon
Captain Corporal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:51 am

Post by Captain Corporal »

Prae, why did you post all that AFTER the votes went on you?
 ̄\_(ッ)_/ ̄
Captain Corporal
Captain Corporal
Goon
Captain Corporal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:52 am

EBWOP: My reasoning is this:
I dont think town have 3 neighborizers. Out of the 3, you are by far the scummiest, in my opinion.
 ̄\_(ッ)_/ ̄
Praetyre
Praetyre
Goon
Praetyre
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:54 am

Post by Praetyre »

I'm a deadline dodger, that's why. I am, however, not one to answer a question with a question.

That doesn't tell me much. Why do you think I am scummy? What makes my "scummy" actions more scummy than those of your other suspects? Do you consider my claim less credible than theirs.
Captain Corporal
Captain Corporal
Goon
Captain Corporal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:59 am

Prae, I don't doubt any of the neighborizer claims. The fact that you claimed it, then Fool happens to have the same role could be no coincidence. Redff is the only one that could possibly be faking it, but the way in which he claimed it, and most of his other content ring town to me.
So it's left between you and fool. If you want to know my case on you, check all of late yesterday. The BW was on you, remember?
Fool has been making some good discussion, not only here but also in my QT with him. I can't really see him being scum, but he'd be next on the list if you were town.
 ̄\_(ッ)_/ ̄
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:06 am

Post by farside22 »

I haven't decided if Prae is terrible at explaining himself very well or scum this game.
@Prae: When you are referencing a post number can you please link the post?

Prae mentioned in the QT how DCL was going back and forth on voting him. I had not noticed it too much because part of me thought I can see a player react in such a way but the first vote from DCL confused me.

DCL why did you vote Prae the first time day 2?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
DCLXVI
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:34 am

Post by DCLXVI »

In post 379, farside22 wrote:DCL why did you vote Prae the first time day 2?

I found it unlikely there would be two town neighborizers. Captains claim was more believable, I don't see why scum would cc a townie.
Sarcasm is
not
a scumtell.
TheFool
TheFool
Goon
TheFool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:20 am

Post by TheFool »

In post 361, triangle123 wrote:If you still think this is fencesitting, I'm curious to hear why.

Saying 'my gut says scum on prae, but I think he's town' does still feel like fencesitting, yes.

In post 364, farside22 wrote:So you have been asking CC questions then and prodding him to see what he has to say about things in the game?

Yes, most of the discussion has been about the claims (much like in the thread), and as I said earlier, I feel his reactions read as town.

..I'm concerned that we're going to get bogged down in setup spec here. We should make sure that trying to piece together the logic puzzle between the three claims doesn't drown out more concrete scumhunting. Past a certain point the question of how many neighborizers are scum is entirely mod WIFOM.
the nose knows no snows
triangle123
triangle123
Goon
triangle123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:06 am

Post by triangle123 »

The Fool: Please see my response to your concern here.

triangle123 wrote:If you examine most of the arguments on Praetyre, they are primarily based on gut feeling or dislike of his posts. The intention of my statement was to show that while I understand and also feel the same weird scum-gut-feel that many experienced, I feel that it is not wise to trust such instincts because many of his "suspicious" actions are easily explained away. I have stated firmly multiple times that he is town to me. In case this is still not clear, let me clarify that I think Praetyre is town and I do not see that read changing in the forseeable future.

It is not fence-sitting because I have explicitly stated that I believe him to be town. The supposed gut scum read is explained in the quote above.

Furthermore, I apologize if I missed this, but I do not see where you have laid out a case against me. For what reasons am I scummy to you?

The Fool wrote:
..I'm concerned that we're going to get bogged down in setup spec here. We should make sure that trying to piece together the logic puzzle between the three claims doesn't drown out more concrete scumhunting. Past a certain point the question of how many neighborizers are scum is entirely mod WIFOM.

I agree with this. If we choose to lynch one of these three neighborizers, it should not be solely because of set-up speculation. That said, I still find my scummiest target to be TheFool, and I just realized that I apparently never laid a vote on him, so
Vote: TheFool
. I found Bristep scummy and I continue to find his replacement scummy. His list of reads, for instance, is primarily "town-ish" or "null", with only one scum read, and even that has a rather weak foundation. This combined with my earlier suspicions on Bristep makes me suspicious of him.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:50 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

Praetyre(3): DCLXVI, Captain Corporal, Internet Stranger
triangle123(2): TheFool, Matias
TheFool(2): redFF, triangle123

Not Voting: Elias_the_thief, farside22, Praetyre, scooby,
With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2012-04-22 18:33:12)

In post 365, farside22 wrote:
Mod: Could you fix the above quote please?
done.

here is the original post in case someone wonders what was edited.

Spoiler:
[quote="In post 360,
In post 358, farside22 wrote:Why would engaging a player that is less active be a good use for your role?

A neighborizer's primary role is information. It creates another venue for players to interact so that there is more interaction to analyze. As such, targeting someone who hasn't had much interaction (and is in a slot that there isn't much activity from) is more useful than targeting someone who has been active in the thread already, since it generates a better read where it's more necessary.

That was my thought process, anyway. I like what I see so far, CC's thought process about the recent claims seems pro-town to me.[/quote]

So you have been asking CC questions then and prodding him to see what he has to say about things in the game?
DCLXVI
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:02 pm

Post by DCLXVI »

In post 373, Praetyre wrote:Similarly, I want to know why DCL was ready go string me up before I had the chance to claim a target.

As I've said, I have found both counterclaims of neighborizer to be more believable. Neither seems like something scum would do.
The target didn't matter, I don't have any doubt that you are a neighborizer prae
, It would be a silly claim to make if you weren't one. It is your alignment that is the issue. And after the counterclaims it would seem like you are the scum neighborizer.
Sarcasm is
not
a scumtell.
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:49 pm

Post by scooby »

Im back, sorry for disappearing, easter and such

Ive read quickly what I mssed during my time gone and all I can say is that 3 neighboirizers is all nice and dandy for a game but useless as fuck, so cut the speculation and lynch the scummiest people on your list,

I maintain triangle and praetyre are scum and that if we are lynching a neighborizer it HAS to be praetyre because of the way he claimed, the way he fence sits and the LACK of solid reads. I think Elias might also be scum for his irrational love for praetyre (accortding to elias, no one had made a case against him), then he put him at L-1 LOLWAT? (he already knew he had a claim that could avoud lynch) and the way he swithced to temp who was a lurker lynch. (hey, no one had made a case against him either, amirite?)
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:50 pm

Post by scooby »

Im isolating these three players later and probablyn catching more SUCMBAGGERY on their posts so stay alert because we are FUCKING LYNCHGINC SCUM today
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:01 pm

Post by redFF »

Prae why have you not voted one of the neighborizers yet? Unless you believe us all to be town?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:57 pm

Post by farside22 »

I'm still thinking and thank you TF for answering my question. The person you replaced this game did nothing and I'm trying to get a mind set.
I have one more question to TF:
TF: Who are your scum suspects and why?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Captain Corporal
Captain Corporal
Goon
Captain Corporal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:17 pm

Fool has been sounding incredibly towny in our QT.
 ̄\_(ッ)_/ ̄
Praetyre
Praetyre
Goon
Praetyre
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:09 pm

Post by Praetyre »

In post 387, redFF wrote:Prae why have you not voted one of the neighborizers yet? Unless you believe us all to be town?

Like I stated, I find you suspicious and The Fool is all but conftown as far as I'm concerned, but on balance I find DCL a lot scummier, and his explanation for jumping the gun on me before further information could be gotten in the whole day we have here doesn't sit well with me.

Honestly, I'm failing to see any kind of coherent case against me; at least in 1312 Archaebob actually bothered to lay out what he saw as my "scummy" mentality and language by comparing my own posts to his early scum behaviour. Here it just seems to be a lurker policy lynch dressed up in gut. I don't really care whether or not people think I'm scummy because I'm cautious with my vote or they don't like my reasoning or they think I lurk too much; I do care that my and others valuable time is being wasted on this nonsense.

CC swings in and places himself as willing to hammer, after a late day where the case seems to come down to farside's gut on my misread of Gertrude and Scooby's dislike of my fencesitting.

DCL, well...
In post 75, DCLXVI wrote:I find it suspicious that all internet stranger has done is make this one post.

[snip]

Now, scooby, praetyr, and innocent villager are also lurking, however they aren't as suspicious because they haven't been posting anywhere on the site which means their reasons for not posting are more likely do to something in real life.

In post 91, DCLXVI wrote:
And then there are the lurkers: I'm not going to give a read on them because there is nothing to read about them.
Scooby
Praetyre
innocentvillager
Internet Stranger
Temphq

In post 132, DCLXVI wrote:
In post 115, scooby wrote:Thoughts on TRIANGLE and PRAYTIRE, PLZ PRETTY PKLZ

My position on triangle is already clear, as far as Praetyre goes, fence-sitting usually is rather scummy I would think, but if Elias is correct about that being his meta than I guess that I wouldn't find him suspicious for acting as he normally acts.

In post 237, DCLXVI wrote:
Unvote:Scooby

dang meta arguments...I'll consider voting Praetyr later. I need to get some lunch. It comes alphabetically before lynch.

In post 241, DCLXVI wrote:There isn't anyone I really feel strongly about lynching right now, I don't see praetyre as scum, I would lynch him if and only if it came down to the deadline as no-lynch shouldn't be an option

However, I have a better solution, I vote that we policy lynch a lurker, I think that would do town the most good with the way things have gone.

Vote: temphdq

In post 244, DCLXVI wrote:
In post 242, Matias wrote:Deadline is in nearly two days, can we get this done?

Then come over to the Tempwagon, I think you will find that there will be more people willing to lynch him then Praetyre.

In post 247, DCLXVI wrote:
In post 246, farside22 wrote:I would not be opposed too much to Temp lynch except that Prae has offered next to nothing this game and continues to not participate in anyway to this game.

I would argue that temp has offered much less.

In post 290, DCLXVI wrote:I suggest we don't lynch praetyr.
The role is will be very easy to confirm tommorow.

In post 320, DCLXVI wrote:
In post 315, Captain Corporal wrote:VOTE: Prae

Why prae? don't we want to wait and see if someone got neighborized first?

Seems hasty to be going after prae so quickly.

-vote Captain Coorporal

In post 324, DCLXVI wrote:
In post 322, Captain Corporal wrote:
In post 320, DCLXVI wrote:
In post 315, Captain Corporal wrote:VOTE: Prae

Why prae? don't we want to wait and see if someone got neighborized first?

Seems hasty to be going after prae so quickly.

-vote Captain Coorporal

Damn straight I am.
Sorry, I thought I posted something which I didn't.
I was neighborized last night, but not by Prae. Which means there are two neighborizers. Two town neighbourizers? That's way too strong a town.
There is scum between the person who neighbourized me and Prae, and Prae is still as scummy as hell from yesterday. Hence my vote.

Well, it seems that prae would be a good lynch then. my bad.

unvote: Captain

vote: praetyre

So... he's sheeping CC, who cites late D1 as evidence. I don't doubt CC is sincere in his sheeping, but how in the hell do you go from pushing all sorts of different lynches and repeatedly stating I'm not scum all through the end of the day to viewing me as scummy based entirely off said last case which he by his own admission didn't agree with?

As for Internet Stranger, he of all people should know the difference between a lurker and overcautious scum; he might not be an active poster, but I'd certainly like to hear his justification for joining my wagon, and his thoughts on this whole neighborization business.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:56 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

If anyone is being a cautious scum right now, its DCL. Keep an eye out for those people sitting back and waiting to see what happens.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:14 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 391, Internet Stranger wrote:If anyone is being a cautious scum right now, its DCL. Keep an eye out for those people sitting back and waiting to see what happens.

I feel this way about Elias.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:42 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

Elias does appear to be doing the same thing as well, although I don't believe that all of the scum are doing it. There is always one vocal scum in the bunch.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:43 am

Post by scooby »

I really hate the way elias is playing this game

First, he has an irrational love for pratyre specially when he had only seen one game of him and praetyre is fence siting like fuck

Second, his only suspect is me, which is illogical, because I am town as fuck.

third, ask his posts look cautious, calculated, and it bothers me a lot

So basically, elias spends the game defending scummy people, parking his vote on someone who isn't going to be lynched in the long run, and playing the safe game, starting out of the neighbor stuff

He is scum
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:51 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 393, Internet Stranger wrote:Elias does appear to be doing the same thing as well, although I don't believe that all of the scum are doing it. There is always one vocal scum in the bunch.

My issue with Elias is 2 fold.

1) Given he keeps defending Prae on a game that was eatten by tigers. When push came to shove he went after scooby for really, really weak reasoning over and above others views that were stronger cases made.
2) He's pretty much lurking a derp this game and he's a better player.

If I take all the neighbor claims out and give it another day to figure it out Elias would be my top suspect currently.

In fact

vote: Elias

Also my discussion so far with red has been good. I liked his initial comment in thread but he hasn't said much else in there. I think most of his time is spent here more then there, which I don't see as a con.

Prae on the other hand stated he thought I was a VT and obvious town. I have many issues with how he played as I stated day 1 he as a cop in the newb game and played a bit crazy and here more stiff. Between my discussion with both neighbors I would lean on Prae as scum still.
Captain Corporal
Captain Corporal
Goon
Captain Corporal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:21 am

I'm not even sure about what to say to all that ^

Town is screwing up all my reads. "Lynch Prae". "No, we'll lynch fool". "Hold on. DCL is scum". "Wait, it's Elias!". I'm off to do some ISO.

At the moment I'm still pretty set on a Prae lynch, but I'll read over Matias' ISO tomorrow
 ̄\_(ッ)_/ ̄
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:37 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 396, Captain Corporal wrote:I'm not even sure about what to say to all that ^

Town is screwing up all my reads. "Lynch Prae". "No, we'll lynch fool". "Hold on. DCL is scum". "Wait, it's Elias!". I'm off to do some ISO.

At the moment I'm still pretty set on a Prae lynch, but I'll read over Matias' ISO tomorrow

There is more then one scum in any mafia game you know. :P
Also lets say we lynch Prae and for some reason he flips town will the lets keep lynching the claimed neighbors continue?
Captain Corporal
Captain Corporal
Goon
Captain Corporal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:57 am

:P I know. I guess honk I tunneled a bit hard

That second point is what worries me. What if, however slight the chance may be, all neighborizers were to flip town. We'd be dead.
Maybe I should rethink my views on today's lynch...
That said, Prae is still a good lynch. But I will take a look at elias.
 ̄\_(ッ)_/ ̄
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:37 am

Post by redFF »

I'm pretty focused on lynching one of the neighborizers right now, because the way i see it we have at least 1/3 chance of hitting scum right? I like those odds.

I don't see the case on Elias being strong enough to not lynch one of the neighborizers, enough people have a scum read on at least on of us to have a lynch go through. The only way we can resolve this situation is lynch one of us, because scum certainly aren't gonna shoot into us. I just see this as our best option for today.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”