Newbie 1233: Frogs & Toads Mafia (Town Win!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Larry David
Larry David
Goon
Larry David
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:40 am

Post by Larry David »

In post 64, Voidedmafia wrote:Oi, just because I don't always start out with discussing doesn't mean I have zero interest! Terrible misrep of what I was trying to say. Just terrible. Not to mention, as TS said, the game only just started and not everyone's checked in. Impatient, much?

vote: Larry Bird

In post 73, Voidedmafia wrote:Larry: Why did you immediately jump to that conclusion?

I have no idea how to start a game. These random questions are just something I tought I try out. Why I say zero interest is because that is the feeling I get when I read your posts. I also dont see you putting up an alternitive and so my gut tells me, he doesnt care for the game. That the game only just started is in my eyes not really an excuse. The days are already counting and I have been in a pervious game where we started the first couple of days ( in day 1) with only a few people.
I guess what I am trying to say is that I expect from an SE or IC that they get the game rolling or atleast explain to the newbies how to do that. You can act all but hurt how you want, but its just my oppinion. You cant exactly say that you have been very productive in this game so far. Im not saying that I have been so much more productive but I like to think that I try.

In post 74, Zyx wrote:Larry David:
I'm a little concerned at how upset you are that Voidedmafia didn't answer your random questions, given that he had already started making non-random votes. Do you consider discussion without voting more pro-town than voting without discussion?

I wouldnt call it being upset. Its more that I expected more. Maybe that is just a false expectation, but I still felt I had to adress it.
As to your questions, I dont know really. As I said above, I have no idea how you can start a game in a good way. With votes you put some pressure on people but that pressure is very little because everyone knows that that random vote counts for nothing. With some random questions you can start asking people about their answers since we can only analyze the words people decide to write down. If id had to choose tough I would say that discussion without voting is more fruitfull. I think there is more to be gained there.
asher1611
asher1611
Goon
asher1611
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:37 am

Post by asher1611 »

In post 73, Voidedmafia wrote:Asher: Speaking of your observation, do you believe any of us 3 (our IC TS and the two SEs, one of which being myself) could possibly do the "wolf in sheep's clothing" act? I don't want you to say yes just because we're the SEs/IC, though.

To be honest, anyone can. That the three of you have more experience on this site is not entirely relevant to the question/observation. That's one reason I'm not too keen on using meta to try and pin down players. Past statements and past performance are not necessarily predictors of how players act in the current game because play-style is easily manipulated. And part of the fun of newbie games is that new players can be full of surprises.

Don't get me wrong, I've happened to read a game or two you (VM) were in while trying to figure out how people tend to play games on this site. I do have plenty of respect for you as a player. But what's in the past is out the window, and for the moment you're just a name and an avatar posting in this thread just like anyone else.

And FYI -- that isn't to say METAing doesn't have its uses. I've busted scum in the past in part by observing their constant activity in other games while making excuses about not fulfilling promises in the present game. It's just not the be-all-end-all some people make it out to be.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:44 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Vote Count 1-2

(as of Post 76)

Larry David (2)
- asher1611, Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia (1)
- Twistedspoon
asher1611 (1)
- Larry David
LluD (1)
- Zyx

Not Voting (4)
- Xephoria, LluD, Chrimi, Zenax

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline:
Saturday, May 12, 2012 11:45pm CST

Replacing:

Prods:

LluD

V/LAs:

None
Last edited by PeregrineV on Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:23 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

In post 73, Voidedmafia wrote:Hey, you were supposed to poke and prod people while I was at work, TS! Quit slacking and having me pick up!

Dude, I'm not the caretaker of this thread. It isn't my role to pester you to post. If you don't want to post you shouldn't be in this game. It's the mod's role to prod and mine to vote and answer questions thus far~

Besides I have that other game of yours which is too insanely active >_>
In post 74, Zyx wrote:
Twistedspoon:
Could you please give us a quick run-down of your reads so far? I'm particularly interested in what you think about Voidedmafia in this game, since I know you two have played together before.

I don't have any great reads at present. Larry's eagerness and your inquisitiveness could be interpreted as town I suppose. VM has also acted a bit rash and impulsive thus far I feel to be scum. However these reads are weak, premature and subject to change

I'm no expert on VM. I hardly recall our last game and he was scum then anyways so even if I could recall I have no clue what he's like as town. If he tries to get you quick-lynched on page 5 like last time I played with him though then he's probably scum
In post 75, Larry David wrote:I guess what I am trying to say is that I expect from an SE or IC that they get the game rolling or atleast explain to the newbies how to do that.

usually a wagon (a collection of numerous votes on one player) provides sufficient pressure to offer momentum and get the game rolling. the distribution of votes at present seems rather too conservative and spread-out though. That coupled with a couple yet to really and vote post makes this game not the fastest in the land.

In post 77, PeregrineV wrote:
Vote Count 1-2

(as of Post 76)

Larry David (1)
- asher1611, Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia (1)
- Twistedspoon
asher1611 (1)
- Larry David
LluD (1)
- Zyx

is this Larry David vote correct as 2 =/= 1?
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
LluD
LluD
Townie
LluD
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:55 am

Post by LluD »

Hello gentlemen.

The vividly vicious individual that stands before you is a man that doesn't know the meaning of equality; his judgment swift, his arrogance and overwhelming confidence a notch too high for typical banter.

I am LluD.

I'm familiar with the intricacies of Mafia and wearing masks, masks that we all seem to enjoy wearing in our days of weaving deception. Or trying to unravel it.

I did a quick read, and there were some oddities: VM's approach to TS's random vote seemed odd and peculiar. TS, does VM's response seem warranted?

Zyx, your vote is ticklish, albeit I appreciate it in its seeming lack of sincerity. A good RVS vote nonetheless.

Oh, and to my fellow n00b in arms:

Vote: Chrimi
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:16 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 75, Larry David wrote:
I have no idea how to start a game. These random questions are just something I tought I try out. Why I say zero interest is because that is the feeling I get when I read your posts. I also dont see you putting up an alternitive and so my gut tells me, he doesnt care for the game. That the game only just started is in my eyes not really an excuse. The days are already counting and I have been in a pervious game where we started the first couple of days ( in day 1) with only a few people.
I guess what I am trying to say is that I expect from an SE or IC that they get the game rolling or atleast explain to the newbies how to do that. You can act all but hurt how you want, but its just my oppinion. You cant exactly say that you have been very productive in this game so far. Im not saying that I have been so much more productive but I like to think that I try.

I have no interest in answering the
questions
, not playing this game. Even if my interest DID drop, I would still stay in until I'm dead (I'm very proud of the fact that I've never replaced out). I think there's a big difference between those two.

Also, while we as ICs/SEs are here to help you learn, we are also players in the match-up as well, and this is how I play as a player. I will go out of my way sometimes to help you lean (like if TS doesn't answer something), of course, but there's still me.

As for production, we're only three pages in. Expecting anything bigger than chit-chat is a little much.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:18 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 76, asher1611 wrote:To be honest, anyone can. That the three of you have more experience on this site is not entirely relevant to the question/observation. That's one reason I'm not too keen on using meta to try and pin down players. Past statements and past performance are not necessarily predictors of how players act in the current game because play-style is easily manipulated. And part of the fun of newbie games is that new players can be full of surprises.

That's true, and IIRC that's why some players consider meta to be bunk.

In post 76, asher1611 wrote:Don't get me wrong, I've happened to read a game or two you (VM) were in while trying to figure out how people tend to play games on this site. I do have plenty of respect for you as a player. But what's in the past is out the window, and for the moment you're just a name and an avatar posting in this thread just like anyone else.

Well, thanks for that, but out of curiousity, which ones did you read?

In post 76, asher1611 wrote:And FYI -- that isn't to say METAing doesn't have its uses. I've busted scum in the past in part by observing their constant activity in other games while making excuses about not fulfilling promises in the present game. It's just not the be-all-end-all some people make it out to be.

See the first quote.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:21 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 78, Twistedspoon wrote:Hey, you were supposed to poke and prod people while I was at work, TS! Quit slacking and having me pick up!

Dude, I'm not the caretaker of this thread. It isn't my role to pester you to post. If you don't want to post you shouldn't be in this game. It's the mod's role to prod and mine to vote and answer questions thus far~[/quote]
You're the one who got on me for not doing anything!

In post 78, Twistedspoon wrote:Besides I have that other game of yours which is too insanely active >_>

You mean that open?

In post 78, Twistedspoon wrote:
I don't have any great reads at present. Larry's eagerness and your inquisitiveness could be interpreted as town I suppose. VM has also acted a bit rash and impulsive thus far I feel to be scum. However these reads are weak, premature and subject to change

Could you restate your read on me? I feel like either you missed a word or I'm missing something.

In post 78, Twistedspoon wrote:I'm no expert on VM. I hardly recall our last game and he was scum then anyways so even if I could recall I have no clue what he's like as town. If he tries to get you quick-lynched on page 5 like last time I played with him though then he's probably scum.

Why're you blaming that on me?! Ajolin quicklynched you!

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:37 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

EBWOP: TS: Oh, wait, do you mean my modded game?

Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:47 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

In post 79, LluD wrote:
The vividly vicious individual that stands before you is a man that doesn't know the meaning of equality; his judgment swift, his arrogance and overwhelming confidence a notch too high for typical banter.

I like you. Please be town
In post 79, LluD wrote:VM's approach to TS's random vote seemed odd and peculiar. TS, does VM's response seem warranted?

eh. VM's kinda weird. I'm not sure what to say. I don't expect townies (particularly experienced ones) to directly protest against a random vote on them, but I don't see why experienced scum would express such blatant paranoia. I'm willing to forget it tbh.
In post 82, Voidedmafia wrote:You're the one who got on me for not doing anything!

did I?
In post 82, Voidedmafia wrote:You mean that open?

I detest open games, so no
In post 82, Voidedmafia wrote:Could you restate your read on me? I feel like either you missed a word or I'm missing something.

I said I feel you've been too impulsive & erratic to be scum from your early posts, but that's a
very
weak tell
In post 82, Voidedmafia wrote:Why're you blaming that on me?! Ajolin quicklynched you!

well I don't doubt that were you trying to get a quicklynch this game page 5 you would most likely be scum, no? :wink:
In post 83, Voidedmafia wrote:EBWOP: TS: Oh, wait, do you mean my modded game?

Ofc
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:42 am

Post by Chrimi »

/confirm.

Voided O.o
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:09 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 78, Twistedspoon wrote:

In post 77, PeregrineV wrote:
Vote Count 1-2

(as of Post 76)

Larry David (1)
- asher1611, Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia (1)
- Twistedspoon
asher1611 (1)
- Larry David
LluD (1)
- Zyx

is this Larry David vote correct as 2 =/= 1?

Should be 2 votes. Fixed.

Thanks for pointing it out!
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:19 am

Post by Chrimi »

And Llud, I'm an SE, no fellow noob in arms!

For now I shall VOTE: Voidedmafia

For getting pissed at me on my first game D:
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:38 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Please, Chrim. I had perfect reasons to be pissed.

TS: A.) Not as freaky as Larry, but yes.

B.) See the EBWOP question.

C.) Thank you.

D.)...Actually, didn't I replace on page 5 that game? I certainly don't remember getting to push anyone that early (especially since that was one of my first few games as mafia). Besides, I largely only QL at LyLo/MyLo, so yeah.

E.) I just realized that with the EBWOP, so yeah <_<.

Zenax
Zenax
Townie
Zenax
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:22 am

Post by Zenax »

Sorry for disappearing, this week was very long and filled with homework. u___u

VOTE: Xenoria

I wouldn't be surprised if the whole VM vs. The World thing was just a bunch of townies arguing with each other, hence my vote; there's not much the mafia could have done now.
Semi V/LA every Tuesdays.
Zyx
Zyx
Townie
Zyx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:26 am

Post by Zyx »

Voidedmafia: do you currently have a read on Twistedspoon?
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:07 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 89, Zenax wrote:Sorry for disappearing, this week was very long and filled with homework. u___u

VOTE: Xenoria

I wouldn't be surprised if the whole VM vs. The World thing was just a bunch of townies arguing with each other, hence my vote; there's not much the mafia could have done now.

VM vs. the world? What's that supposed to mean?!

Zyx: no.

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:00 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Vote Count 1-3

(as of Post 91)

Larry David (2)
- asher1611, Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia (2)
- Twistedspoon, Chrimi
asher1611 (1)
- Larry David
LluD (1)
- Zyx
Chrimi (1)
- LluD
Xephoria (1)
- Zenax

Not Voting (1)
- Xephoria

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline:
Saturday, May 12, 2012 11:45pm CST

Replacing:

No one

Prods:

None

V/LAs:

None
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
asher1611
asher1611
Goon
asher1611
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:34 am

Post by asher1611 »

Still slow goings and I don't have too much to add at this point. With home situation though my brain is a little scattershot after the past few days.
Zenax
Zenax
Townie
Zenax
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:08 am

Post by Zenax »

In post 91, Voidedmafia wrote:VM vs. the world? What's that supposed to mean?!

Just a vague reference to
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
and how you interacted with a lot of people in the game so far (Twistedspoon, Zyx, Larry David, asher1611, Chrimi). Okay, maybe they're not all townies, but I'd still rather go fish than join an argument I don't get the point of.
Xephoria
Xephoria
Goon
Xephoria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:02 pm

Post by Xephoria »

I don't know what to post. At all. @Zenax I don't understand why I'm being voted. Xenoria? @.@ Spell it right
Zenax
Zenax
Townie
Zenax
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:15 pm

Post by Zenax »

Sorry, I was posting from my iPod and couldn't get a good look at your username. I'll be more careful next time.

Not much happened so far, beside Voidedmafia going on a crusade and getting into arguments/debates/discussions with everyone (not that it's a bad thing), and I'm going with the assumption that most of these people are townies, hence my vote; the mafia has nothing to do beside sitting back and watching VM argue with everyone, which is something you have been doing.
Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:49 pm

Post by Chrimi »

VOTE: Xephoria
For not voting yet.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:54 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Xenax: I AM AN ENDLESS BARREL OF ARGUMENTATION!...but yeah, I think I'm done.

(plate of cookies if you know who and what I'm referencing (as in, the work it's from and who says the line I'm roughly quoting)).

Anyways, good job catching yourself with your own argument. It's fun when it's easy.

Vote: Zenax

Zyx
Zyx
Townie
Zyx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:03 am

Post by Zyx »

Mod et al: I will be V/LA until Monday.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”