Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:54 pm

Post by Amrun »

What is your experience playing with Tierce and BBmolla?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Gimmicky Alt
Gimmicky Alt
Townie
Gimmicky Alt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:57 pm

Post by Gimmicky Alt »

I'm feeling that inte is town here
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:00 pm

Post by inte »

In post 1325, Amrun wrote:What is your experience playing with Tierce and BBmolla?

with bbmolla 4 or so games, think may be 5
with tierce at least 3

neither including this one
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:14 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

In post 1030, Gimmicky Alt wrote:
In post 1025, ShadowGirl wrote:
In post 1009, saulres wrote:And before it's suggested that ShadowGirl have Phil modkilled: I would agree, but only if it meant she lost her ability. Day-vig-ing is one thing, but taking away a player's opportunity to win or lose on their own merits just sucks. Especially someone who's put some effort into the game (which you have to admit Phil has, with 72 posts, even if many of them were pure fluff).

Do you mean you want me to use my ability on someone knowingly that I would in turn to lose it? Without even possibly killing him, at that. (I don't remember the exact parameters around his role.)

personally It'd be better if you killed the lurkers and inactives. Still, itd be better if you used your power today imo

I am going to say how only slightly ironic this post is... (Just wanted to do a quick ISO on you).

Have anything to say about the current state of the game?
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:37 pm

Post by danakillsu »

In post 1305, IceGuy wrote:
In post 1286, Oversoul wrote:
In post 1227, IceGuy wrote:(I'm also thinking of my theorem I formulated after my experience with Secret Society Mafia: lurk the first days and you won't get lynched because you're one of many. Actually post stuff and you'll get lynched because you've stepped on somebody's toes.)

This is bullshit.

Town should not be worried about stepping on peoples' toes. Only scum want to avoid being confrontational.

This is my point.

O

This is your head.

Actually, that is pretty terrible. It looks like Oversoul is really grasping at straws with that one, and that he's trying so hard to convince people IceGuy is scum that he doesn't stop to think about what's actually being said. I understood that IceGuy was saying scum would want to play that way, not town. But Oversoul missing that seems...improbable to say the least. I actually looked back to make sure Oversoul had actually said that.

He did. Then I looked at the people on the Oversoul wagon. Townreads, at least many of them.

Then I looked at the IceGuy wagon. No more votes. So it's with a heavy heart that I now
unvote vote: Oversoul
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:40 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

... Wait, I think that was the hammer.
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:45 pm

Post by theamatuer »

In post 1329, danakillsu wrote:
In post 1305, IceGuy wrote:
In post 1286, Oversoul wrote:
In post 1227, IceGuy wrote:(I'm also thinking of my theorem I formulated after my experience with Secret Society Mafia: lurk the first days and you won't get lynched because you're one of many. Actually post stuff and you'll get lynched because you've stepped on somebody's toes.)

This is bullshit.

Town should not be worried about stepping on peoples' toes. Only scum want to avoid being confrontational.

This is my point.

O

This is your head.

Actually, that is pretty terrible. It looks like Oversoul is really grasping at straws with that one, and that he's trying so hard to convince people IceGuy is scum that he doesn't stop to think about what's actually being said. I understood that IceGuy was saying scum would want to play that way, not town. But Oversoul missing that seems...improbable to say the least. I actually looked back to make sure Oversoul had actually said that.

He did. Then I looked at the people on the Oversoul wagon. Townreads, at least many of them.

Then I looked at the IceGuy wagon. No more votes. So it's with a heavy heart that I now
unvote vote: Oversoul

this seems kinda forced IMO
Its just whatever
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:46 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

I mean, I hope you're aware of that, dana.

Okay, well, since I'm not sure if I'm going to make it through the night [even though some of you people seem to dislike these posts] and town needs guidance, I guarantee you will find scum among [in order]: dana [if there is ever a modkill made for any reason after I'm dead, lynch him], saulres, Amrun, (possibly) IceGuy (depending on this flip). Really, just go down this list and I'm pretty sure it'll get town pretty far.
mafia-n00b
mafia-n00b
Mafia Scum
mafia-n00b
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:12 pm

Post by mafia-n00b »

In post 1318, syndromeofadown wrote:
In post 1315, mafia-n00b wrote:VOTE: Oversoul

That's L-1.

I was starting to get convinced by the "wall of text" rage-post, but his behavior since then doesn't show any calmer reasoning. He's still raging. Town wouldn't (shouldn't) behave this way, at least not someone of Oversoul's caliber.

As far as ML/inte is concerned, can someone explain an "optimal" time to get rid of him to avoid end-game disasters?
Why do you want to get rid of him?

I thought I had read earlier in Day1 about someone saying something about the vote magnet needing to die before lylo. I'm assuming that most, if not all, of us have something "else" in our roles other than is stated in our PM. I am assuming the idea is that anything that could potentially lock votes in lylo could lose the game for town.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:36 pm

Post by Amrun »

If I like the slot as town, I'm fine bringing it to LyLo. We just have to be careful with it.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:53 pm

Post by saulres »

No time for anything but a quick skim tonight, but I did notice some quick things:

1) Oversoul's still at L-1 because syndrome unvoted
2) inte's vote of Amrun, while maybe legit (can't look into it now but maybe tomorrow, certainly by Monday if the day's not over yet, or while I'm twiddling my thumbs at night if it is) is probably not going to go anywhere before day end
3) Gimmicky Alt's "Hey I've been prodded, better post something" post is so useless, that Gimmicky is probably lurkscum and goes into that pile for me.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:35 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

... Oh, yeah, I think it is L-1, actually. My bad, I forgot about that unvote.

But yeah, I'm not happy with lack of content from Gimmicky Alt especially in consideration of the fact he wants me to modkill lurkers.

Foxface prod?
Just post something, dude.
RedPanda
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:38 pm

Post by RedPanda »

unvote vote Iceguy

Pokerface Vote : Iceguy
RedPanda
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:40 pm

Post by RedPanda »

inb4 Iceguy votes oversoul with similar bullshit like dana.
RedPanda
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:42 pm

Post by RedPanda »

Dana probably thought it was the hammer.
he just disappeared after the vote.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:15 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Votecount 2.13

!L-1!
Oversoul (10) - Tierce, Gimmicky Alt, brizingre1, theamatuer, ShadowGirl, Amrun, saulres, Phillammon, mafia-n00b, danakillsu
IceGuy (3) - Oversoul, RedPanda, PokerFace
Phillammon (2) - IceGuy, Captain Haddock
danakillsu (1) - knox
inte (1) - BBmolla
theamatuer (1) - Foxace36
Amrun (1) - inte

Captain Haddock (0) -
none

brizingre1 (0) -
none

Foxace36 (0) -
none

BBmolla (0) -
none

saulres (0) -
none

mafia-n00b (0) -
none

PokerFace (0) -
none

ShadowGirl (0) -
none

Gimmicky Alt (0) -
none

RedPanda (0) -
none

knox (0) -
none

syndromeofadown (0) -
none

Tierce (0) -
none

No Lynch (0) -
none

Not voting (1) - syndromeofadown

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch. The deadline is in (expired on 2012-05-02 08:00:00)
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:18 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Foxace36 has been prodded.
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:47 am

Post by danakillsu »

In post 1339, RedPanda wrote:Dana probably thought it was the hammer.
he just disappeared after the vote.

It's called having a life. I only had a short amount of time to be on this site at the time, and I left after voting. I was perfectly aware that it wasn't the hammer, and this conjecture is incredibly sad.

RedPanda wrote:inb4 Iceguy votes oversoul with similar bullshit like dana.

This obviously isn't any better. You know, if you're town, you could do us some good by actually trying to prove something to a human being's satisfaction rather than throwing opinions out there that are stated as facts.

theamatuer wrote:
this seems kinda forced IMO

Well in a sense it was. I had to force myself to vote Oversoul because I knew it was the best thing to do for us town, but giving up a townread is difficult.

ShadowGirl wrote: I guarantee you will find scum among [in order]: dana [if there is ever a modkill made for any reason after I'm dead, lynch him], saulres, Amrun, (possibly) IceGuy (depending on this flip). Really, just go down this list and I'm pretty sure it'll get town pretty far.

Wait, what? I don't understand. If you die, people will only get modkilled for breaking the rules. How does that make me scum? Do you think I somehow have the ability to make people break the rules?
Foxace36
Foxace36
Goon
Foxace36
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:20 am

Post by Foxace36 »

Oh my god, I am SO sorry guys, my internet has been down and I haven't been able to access this site.

Going to reread right now and make a post.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:13 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

Wait, what? I don't understand. If you die, people will only get modkilled for breaking the rules. How does that make me scum? Do you think I somehow have the ability to make people break the rules?

Fine, if there's any semi-suspect modkill you should be lynched. Does that make you feel better?

In post 1342, danakillsu wrote:
Well in a sense it was. I had to force myself to vote Oversoul because I knew it was the best thing to do for us town, but giving up a townread is difficult.

No one's forcing you to change your vote. If you truly believe he's town then you shouldn't vote for him. How is voting out Oversoul the best thing for town? I mean, I think he's scum so that's why I'm voting for him, but if that's not the case for you, then what? Here's a simple to answer question: Do you think Oversoul is town or scum? (Because 1329 made that ambiguous).
syndromeofadown
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
syndromeofadown
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:13 am

Post by syndromeofadown »

I've read about half the pages
dana is scum
amrun is scum
iceguy is scum
Robotnik aka Mafia Noob is scum
shadowgirl is town (your sig is totally wrong though, Parvati is the greatest)
bbmolla is town
I think to make BB's role extra bastardy Tierce could be scum
I have reason to believe Oversoul is town

VOTE: Iceguy
^Good counterwagon

back to reading
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:19 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

In post 1345, syndromeofadown wrote:
shadowgirl is town (your sig is totally wrong though, Parvati is the greatest)

I liked the entirety of your post but this. :( I don't know if we can be friends.

Why do you think Oversoul is town?
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:27 am

Post by danakillsu »

In post 1344, ShadowGirl wrote:
In post 1342, danakillsu wrote:

No one's forcing you to change your vote. If you truly believe he's town then you shouldn't vote for him. How is voting out Oversoul the best thing for town? I mean, I think he's scum so that's why I'm voting for him, but if that's not the case for you, then what? Here's a simple to answer question: Do you think Oversoul is town or scum? (Because 1329 made that ambiguous).

I hardly think that second question is simple to answer, but I will answer both questions. We need someone to be lynched for the information. Since Oversoul has become questionable to me through the post I quoted, it's better that he be lynched than nobody. I'd still rather lynch IceGuy though, and that actually seems possible now.
unvote vote:IceGuy
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:32 am

Post by IceGuy »

Let's see if my wagon attracts enough opportunistic scum (like danakillsu and RedPanda) and sheeping town (like syndromeofadown) before deadline.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:43 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

In post 1348, IceGuy wrote:Let's see if my wagon attracts enough opportunistic scum (like danakillsu and RedPanda) and sheeping town (like syndromeofadown) before deadline.

You think RedPanda is scum? Why do you think Oversoul is town?

In post 1347, danakillsu wrote:I hardly think that second question is simple to answer, but I will answer both questions. We need someone to be lynched for the information. Since Oversoul has become questionable to me through the post I quoted, it's better that he be lynched than nobody. I'd still rather lynch IceGuy though, and that actually seems possible now.
unvote vote:IceGuy

No... fundamentally, you try and lynch people who you believe are scum. In turn, you get information out of that. I think the blanket of times where it's appropriate to lynch solely for information are narrower than you may think, and this is not one of them. I agree that no lynches are not good, but by what it seemed in your previous post you found it better off to mislynch than to no lynch/go for another target.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”