Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2012 10:42 am

Post by Furcolow »

In post 871, Vi wrote:
In post 870, Zar wrote:
In post 866, Vi wrote:
Zar 862 wrote:Honestly, can we get over with this day?
Zar 852 wrote:UNVOTE
VOTE FURCOLOW
Why is he a town read of yours?

I'll give you another chance.

Zar 862 wrote:We better try to agree on the lynch, we can't still be on the Rainbow Voting here.
Zar 868 wrote:(1) Furcolow: Zar,

hahahha
how did i miss this?
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2012 10:42 am

Post by Furcolow »

this game is #win
im going to play league of legends
just let Vi run the show for now, it's fucking d1
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2012 10:47 am

Post by Parama »

yawn

why isn't pirate dead yet

yawn
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2012 11:05 am

Post by Vi »

In post 897, Nuwen wrote:
[UberNinja]
's just picking whatever alternate wagon crosses his fancy and trying to create distance between himself and the people who defended him.
This is the first time I've heard this accusation or seen it played out, AFAIK. By which I mean "bullshit".

--

shos 900 wrote:while your reads may be correct, the way you present and reason them is crap, so you aren't quite convincing. that, coming in a ddition to the already-bad impression I've had on you, is probably the reason for your lynch. I hope you're just trying to AtE here tho.
shos 904 wrote:I am sure you're scum. I was saying that if in fact you are a townie, then you're doing a pretty bad job at it.
Wait, wait, I'm still hung up on how you're saying that UberNinja's reads might be correct, but "unconvincing"; yet you're still "sure" UN's scum. How likely is it that UN is going to flip scum?

--

Yos2 907 wrote:Based on the game state as it is now, Nuwen's posts are exactally what I would expect from Nuwen-town, and apparently they're what you would expect from Nuwen-town as well; and they do not make any sense for Nuwen-scum to make, no matter what alignment UN is.
There is zero scum possible benefit at all to Nuwen's recent posts
, and they are clearly beneficial to the town, and all of that is true no matter if UN is scum or town.
...I'm sorry.

IF YOU ARE TOWN YOU ARE A FKF;GVSDRJAWERAJKL;D MORON

OF COURSE THERE'S A SCUM BENEFIT TO NUWEN'S POSTS

IF THEY INVOLVE PUSHING A WAGON ONTO A MISLYNCH

AND IF PUSHING THAT WAGON AND TRYING TO RALLY THE TOWN AROUND IT MAKES HER LOOK TOWN

THEN YES THERE IS A SCUM BENEFIT

...not deleting this.

--

All right. Here's something of a reconstruction of what I had in re: Chiaro this morning.

I'll throw it out there. Prior to this game I've been under the impression that the reason I've been -LOSING!- as Town so much is because
a) I change my vote too easily, and
b) I get myself too involved in the game, and thus people cater their reads to me,
and in addition,
c) right now I'm at a point in my life where if I get too invested, it destroys almost a full week of my emotional well-being. I won't excite you with the details, but see response to Yos2 above, which I'm still not deleting.

So, that's what was going on early game. That was the meaning of why I asked Parama how he could possibly do what he did. I can't keep it up. It's almost physically painful to play like that. So, screw it.

As for Chiarosicada, the first thing that caught my eye was before the game even began. Read post 16.
Chiarosicada 16 wrote:springlullaby: I'm still in. I think there's something wrong with my pm system because I confirmed via pm but it doesn't look like you received it.
This also happened during my last game as scum
and we didn't get a NK one night :(
This looks a whole lot like Chiaro claiming scum in-thread. Which would be hilarious, and I'm not sure if C would actually
do
that. I kept an eye on him at any rate.

The Chiarosicada wagon was actually pretty decent when it happened. I jumped on the wagon for pressure, to see if he would actually post anything. When he voluntarily replaced out and put out a post that seemed surprisingly kosher on his way out, I removed the vote.

Pirate Chemist I haven't really looked at but I haven't really cared given the previous read. I have seen out-of-game activity brought up but I don't think it's necessarily enough to Ellitell it (though I may want to look again). If he gets replaced, so much the better.

--

Since Elmo's not surprised that I have something to bring out, let's go ahead and get on with it.
Elmo 597 wrote:So because I'm distancing myself from a shit iso. I'm scum? Hell I didn't look like quil wanted to play the game in general. His
fake anger
was lulzy and it seems you and Nuwen are just sitting with votes parked on me
I'm not sure if this is witness poisoning or admitting the truth, but Elmo has no way of
knowing
Quilford's anger is fake (though kanye suggested it quite a bit previously). I'm more interested in the Amished tell now.

--

I want to unvote Yos2 for Zar but at the same time I don't want to unvote Yos2.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2012 11:07 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 913, UberNinja wrote:
Pro-tip: Maybe it's time to get a new fucking textbook. (One that hmmm idk... works?)

Are you
really
saying that you can't tell I'm town?

If so, you're terrible.

Lol. thanks for proving my point by appealing to emotion, claiming town, and then buddying with Furcolow, UN.

Yosarian2 wrote:
In post 909, Yosarian2 wrote:
Although, to be more precise, UN's response to pressure all game has been "Appeal to emotions/ Claim town/ buddy with people/ OMGUS". I almost forgot that first step.

Is there ANY reason that this clown is still alive at this point?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2012 11:09 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 928, Vi wrote:
In post 897, Nuwen wrote:
[UberNinja]
's just picking whatever alternate wagon crosses his fancy and trying to create distance between himself and the people who defended him.
This is the first time I've heard this accusation or seen it played out, AFAIK. By which I mean "bullshit".

--

shos 900 wrote:while your reads may be correct, the way you present and reason them is crap, so you aren't quite convincing. that, coming in a ddition to the already-bad impression I've had on you, is probably the reason for your lynch. I hope you're just trying to AtE here tho.
shos 904 wrote:I am sure you're scum. I was saying that if in fact you are a townie, then you're doing a pretty bad job at it.
Wait, wait, I'm still hung up on how you're saying that UberNinja's reads might be correct, but "unconvincing"; yet you're still "sure" UN's scum. How likely is it that UN is going to flip scum?

--

Yos2 907 wrote:Based on the game state as it is now, Nuwen's posts are exactally what I would expect from Nuwen-town, and apparently they're what you would expect from Nuwen-town as well; and they do not make any sense for Nuwen-scum to make, no matter what alignment UN is.
There is zero scum possible benefit at all to Nuwen's recent posts
, and they are clearly beneficial to the town, and all of that is true no matter if UN is scum or town.
...I'm sorry.

IF YOU ARE TOWN YOU ARE A FKF;GVSDRJAWERAJKL;D MORON

OF COURSE THERE'S A SCUM BENEFIT TO NUWEN'S POSTS

IF THEY INVOLVE PUSHING A WAGON ONTO A MISLYNCH

AND IF PUSHING THAT WAGON AND TRYING TO RALLY THE TOWN AROUND IT MAKES HER LOOK TOWN

THEN YES THERE IS A SCUM BENEFIT

Uh, no. No matter what UN's alignment is, there there is zero benifit for hypo-Nuwen-scum making a play that will:

1. Draw more attention to her

2. Make her look worse if UN flips town

and

3. Lynch someone would would be lynched anyway if she sat back and did nothing.

Try again, Vi.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2012 11:21 am

Post by Vi »

In post 929, Yosarian2 wrote:
->Yosarian2 <- wrote:
Although, to be more precise, UN's response to pressure all game has been "Appeal to emotions/ Claim town/ buddy with people/ OMGUS". I almost forgot that first step.

:?

--

@Yos2 930:
1) Lurking.
2) I'm pretty sure that wouldn't happen actually. People already seem to have their mind made up about UNI's alignment and if they turn out wrong they'll *shrug* and move on.
3) That's fairly optimistic.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2012 11:52 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 928, Vi wrote:
I want to unvote Yos2 for Zar but at the same time I don't want to unvote Yos2.

Also; Zar? Really?

Why is it that ALL of your scum reads this game make zero sense to me, Vi?
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2012 11:56 am

Post by Katsuki »

Yos, do you think Vi is scum, or just really off its rocker?
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2012 12:00 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 931, Vi wrote:
In post 929, Yosarian2 wrote:
->Yosarian2 <- wrote:

:?

--

@Yos2 930:
1) Lurking.
2) I'm pretty sure that wouldn't happen actually. People already seem to have their mind made up about UNI's alignment and if they turn out wrong they'll *shrug* and move on.
3) That's fairly optimistic.

1. Uh, she could have made a post without attracting that kind of attention to herself.

2. That's probably true for most of the people voting for UN, but it's probably not true after Nuwen made that post. I think that if UN does (somehow) flip town, people are going to be all over her for that. It doesn't look like she cares.

3. Eh. At the time, there were no other wagons that had any real support, the rest of the town votes were split up all over the place. There's no way she could have been counterwagoning for anyone else specific. Now, if UN was town, a scum might give that wagon a *gentle* push, but only if they could do it in a subtle way, while allowing someone else to take "credit" for the wagon. I mean, all she would have had to do was a gentle "I agree with Yosarian2, vote uberninja", not a massive "everyone not voting for uberninja are morons, vote now or I'm blacklisting you forever" spazz out.

Her. Play. Makes. No. Sense. As. Scum. I don't know why you're having such a hard time understanding my point here, Vi; it's not that complicated.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 933, Katsuki wrote:Yos, do you think Vi is scum, or just really off its rocker?

Hell if I know. I don't get why Vi-scum would act like this, but I don't get why Vi-town would act like this either.

I'm hoping she's going to explain herself in such a way as to give me some kind of idea.

I will say that I don't want to lynch Vi today. Between the fearless/crazy way she's been defending UberNinja, and the horrible and opportunistic Vi vote Uberninja just made on Vi, I really don't think Vi and UberNinja are scum together; assuming UberNinja flips scum, Vi is probably town
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2012 12:10 pm

Post by charter »

Yos, if we lynch UN and he flips town, what then?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2012 12:14 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 932, Yosarian2 wrote:
In post 928, Vi wrote:I want to unvote Yos2 for Zar but at the same time I don't want to unvote Yos2.
Also; Zar? Really?

Because you're scum? I mean seriously. We're talking about the guy who made
Zar 576 wrote:I am in favor of the Ninja wagon.

I also think the "voting block" is a cheap way of hiding a buddy among the crowd. The supposed "let's force scum to vote with us" can't work without a flip, and also tampers with possible voting analysis. Perfect environment to frame other players.

UNVOTE
VOTE: UBERNINJA
this invisivote with crappy reasons, the guy who posts this right after people say "consolidate your votes losers" and even goes as far as to say
, and then goes ahead and
Zar 898 wrote:@shos: Fine.

UNVOTE
VOTE UBERNINJA
makes this L-1 vote without really bothering to defend Furcolow over UN.

If there's anything to offset this in Zar's previous play I certainly don't remember it.

--

Yos2 934 wrote:1. Uh, she could have made a post without attracting that kind of attention to herself.
Lurking. Also out of character; see previous comparison to JDodge.
Yos2 934 wrote:2. That's probably true for most of the people voting for UN, but it's probably not true after Nuwen made that post. I think that if UN does (somehow) flip town, people are going to be all over her for that. It doesn't look like she cares.
Except not. It's just a reaffirmation of what Nuwen has already been preaching.
Yos2 934 wrote:<stuff>
Again, comparison to JDodge.

--

Yos2 935 wrote:I don't get why Vi-scum would act like this, but I don't get why Vi-town would act like this either.
: ordinaryVigame :
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2012 12:30 pm

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

In post 928, Vi wrote:I'm not sure if this is witness poisoning or admitting the truth, but Elmo has no way of knowing Quilford's anger is fake (though kanye suggested it quite a bit previously). I'm more interested in the Amished tell now.

I was going off what was said. Honestly I didn't read the game till I replaced in and saw Kayne talking about it,
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2012 12:38 pm

Post by shos »

crap, I had a post and chrome crashed :(

I remember asking Vi what those tells were - the Amished and the ellitell. and stuff. I also remember agreeing much with Yos.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2012 12:41 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 939, shos wrote:crap, I had a post and chrome crashed :(

I remember asking Vi what those tells were - the Amished and the ellitell. and stuff. I also remember agreeing much with Yos.
Make up your mind about who you agree with <_<
Also, how sure are you that UberNinja is scum?

The Amished tell is that "people who criticize the person they replace are scum", as scum are more likely to see scummy behavior in their replacement because lol, it
was
scummy. Surprisingly effective. I have a tell of my own along these lines but I'll keep it to myself. :P

The Ellitell is "people who post a lot in other games but not much in a particular game are scum in the game they're not posting much in". Not nearly as ironclad as the Amished tell but it's much more fun to abuse with the "viewing this forum" list.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2012 12:51 pm

Post by shos »

In post 940, Vi wrote:

Make up your mind about who you agree with <_<
Also, how sure are you that UberNinja is scum?

Oh yes, that was the part that I did not emember in my post.

I am sure that UN is scum. however, what I meant when I said that was, that the possibility that UN is in fact correct in 100% of his reads and, if he had a 3-shot dayvig, we'd have won before night 1, and we are all mistaken, EXISTS. however, the likeliness of that occasion is like 0.00???% in my opinion; and therefore, if that is indeed the case, then UN is terrible in expressing and explaining his obviously uber-correct reasons.

The Amished tell is that "people who criticize the person they replace are scum", as scum are more likely to see scummy behavior in their replacement because lol, it
was
scummy. Surprisingly effective. I have a tell of my own along these lines but I'll keep it to myself. :P
O please O please tell me tell me *watery cute eyes*

...and well uh, I haven't seen it play(if you sat it's surprisingly effective), but in first sight, it doesn't look so correct. I mean, I never replaced in/out, but if I did, and I replaced in as townie being under fire, I would totes look at my predecessor's actions and see what the scummy actions was. don't know what I would do with the info, but I still think I'd have done that.

The Ellitell is "people who post a lot in other games but not much in a particular game are scum in the game they're not posting much in". Not nearly as ironclad as the Amished tell but it's much more fun to abuse with the "viewing this forum" list.

o hehe, that's what I did with Elmo when I called him out for lurking, lol. Except I did that in two games, and he responded within minutes, so it kinda faded away. and well I didn't use other games activity level, lol.

So using those tells in here...we're trying to look at how Quilford's replacee talks about Q being stupid and scummy and that 'fake anger'. I actually like that. but that is weak, too weak for my vote at least.
and about the ellitell - where are you trying to use it? on who..?
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2012 1:24 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Elli tell works like this.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go

*Insert vote here*

That aside, mod, it's been 5 days since PC last posted...
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2012 1:24 pm

Post by Katsuki »

Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2012 1:26 pm

Post by UberNinja »

In post 922, Furcolow wrote:
In post 920, UberNinja wrote:
In post 910, shos wrote:most townie reads of mine: Yos2, Vi, Nuwen. not necessarily in that order.

I'm having trouble not bursting out laughing right now.

I actually believe shos is misguided town

Well, that's a given. shos hasn't been on my scum list for a long, long time now.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2012 1:49 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

In post 936, charter wrote:Yos, if we lynch UN and he flips town, what then?

I would certainly have to re-read the whole game in that case. I will say that Elmo is scummy no matter if UN is town or scum.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2012 2:25 pm

Post by UberNinja »

you do realize you can click 'restore' when chrome reopens right?

that's what that feature is there for. now if it was IE on the other hand, you're shit outta luck
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2012 2:31 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Day 1 votecount 15

(4) UberNinja :
shos, Nuwen, Yosarian2, Zar,
(3) Yosarian2:
charter, Vi, Furcolow,
(2) Vi:
UberNinja, Katsuki,
(1) Elmo TeH AzN :
kanyeknowsbest,
(1) Parama :
Pirate Chemist,
(1) Pirate Chemist :
Parama,

(0) charter

(0) Furcolow:

(0) Katsuki:

(0) kanyeknowsbest:

(0) Nuwen :

(0) shos:

(1) Not voting :
Elmo teh AzN,

With 13 players, 7 votes are required to lynch.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2012 2:36 pm

Post by Zar »

In post 937, Vi wrote:
In post 932, Yosarian2 wrote:
In post 928, Vi wrote:I want to unvote Yos2 for Zar but at the same time I don't want to unvote Yos2.
Also; Zar? Really?

Because you're scum? I mean seriously. We're talking about the guy who made
Zar 576 wrote:I am in favor of the Ninja wagon.

I also think the "voting block" is a cheap way of hiding a buddy among the crowd. The supposed "let's force scum to vote with us" can't work without a flip, and also tampers with possible voting analysis. Perfect environment to frame other players.

UNVOTE
VOTE: UBERNINJA
this invisivote with crappy reasons, the guy who posts this right after people say "consolidate your votes losers" and even goes as far as to say
, and then goes ahead and
Zar 898 wrote:@shos: Fine.

UNVOTE
VOTE UBERNINJA
makes this L-1 vote without really bothering to defend Furcolow over UN.

L-1? It's L-3 at that point.

And for what point, according to you, should I continue to pursue the dead-end Furcolow wagon over UN? Other than looking the other way + agreeing having him in a voting block, you haven't bothered saying what exactly makes any of you think he's town aligned. None of you, with the exception of Yosarian and shos, have stated reasons for thinking he's innocent.

All we've been doing here is go for ages over the same wagon. I'm honestly worried the lack of scrutiny in that direction (Furc), but if all that's left is compromising, so be it.
Show
"There are no men like me. There's only me."

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The Mafia, coming soon your way.

Modded games: Mini 1382 - Micro 67 - NY 160B.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Wed May 02, 2012 2:49 pm

Post by charter »

CAN WE GET A REPLACEMENT OR PRODS OR SOMETHING FOR PIRATE. HE HASNT POSTED IN A WEEK.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”