Blonde Doctor
Goon
Blonde Doctor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2012 5:28 pm

Post by Blonde Doctor »

In post 359, Matias wrote:
Blonde Doctor wrote:I do not understand this at all. This sounds like you are trying to scare us out of lynching you.

unvote
(I do not remember if I did this already)

I actually think this is scummy and will vote for him as soon as I get my other rereads done.

I think there was something I noted about kcdspot as well, but I will have to go back and check.

oh

Unvote, Vote: Blonde Doctor

1. Why the hell is desperation posting, ala BB, indicative of scum and not of EITHER alignment?

2. How the hell do you know that you're going to vote for him after your rereads are done? Why even bother doing the rereads?

Forget redFF, this is yuck.

You really disappoint me, Matias. I cannot believe you are doing the same thing you accused me of doing. You are "capitalizing" on one thing I say before you even try to find out what my reasons were for waiting to vote but knowing who I wanted to vote for.

To answer your questions:
1. I think town would know that their lynch was beneficial to us to find connections. I think scum are more afraid to flip and allow us to find their scum partners because of it.
2. I think BBmolla and you are the scummiest people in this game so far outside of the couple people I know I need to take a closer look at. BBmolla is the only one of the two biggest wagons that I am willing to vote for. Should I not reread because I already find someone I would like to vote but not want lynched before I know I can get it done?

In post 382, UberNinja wrote:
In post 333, Nobody Special wrote:
In post 191, Nobody Special wrote:MOAR BB VOTES NAO

Took you guys long enough, but thanks for seeing The Truth.

unvote

Vote: BBmolla

(No, inte, this doesn't mean you're off the hook.)

If BB ever does flip scum, this makes me think NS is scum

I also think NS could be scum with inte because of this

Fuck, maybe NS is scum with everybody but me.

Or maybe he is just a scummy mother fucker... ? anybody have meta on this?

I do not understand your thought process on this at all. What makes them partners if BBmolla flips scum? What does inte have to do with this?

In post 387, noraaa wrote:Blondie, how many games have you played before? And how many newbie games did you play before heading this way?

I have completed two games on this site almost a year ago. One was a large theme, one was a newbie, but I did not do very well in the newbie game due to my activity. :oops:

In post 395, BK201 wrote:oh and BB gave up didn't he? "when I flip town" post.

This is what I feel is so scummy about BBmolla's post. It feels as though he is trying to trick us into changing our minds.

I still have not had the energy to reread anything yet, and I do not have time on weekends. I apologize, I will do this on Monday.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2012 5:31 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 399, Pine wrote:
In post 385, Psyche wrote:Your attack is pathetic and offensive and fuck you. Good luck at the whole "lynching me" thing from that.

This is a pretty solid scumpost. Was on the fence on you, Psyche, thanks for clearing it up.

Unvote
Vote: Psyche

Great job with the case building, there, Pine. Smh.
You can't step in the same river twice.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2012 5:50 pm

Post by Ythan »

Vote Count

4 BBmolla (Psyche, BK201, Nobody Special, inte) L-5
3 redFF (Hiraki, Mogri, BBmolla)
2 Mogri (Major Minor, mb53)
2 Psyche (UberNinja, Pine)
1 Blonde Doctor (Matias)
1 mb53 (redFF)
1 BK201 (noraaa)
1 UberNinja (crypto)
0 Nobody Special
0 inte
0 Matias
0 crypto
0 Pine
0 noraaa
0 Major Minor
0 Hiraki

1 Not Voting (Blonde Doctor)

9 to lynch
Deadline May 10th
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2012 11:09 pm

Post by UberNinja »

In post 390, Matias wrote:
In post 375, UberNinja wrote:
In post 268, Psyche wrote:My beautiful wallpost...just got deleted.

I...I'm going to bed now. Wallpost tomorrow.

In post 269, Psyche wrote:It was going to be perfect...

These posts are 2 whole minutes apart. Way more than enough time to type "It was going to be perfect..."

Feels to me like scum trying to get off with not having posted any more content + lurking for a few minutes and then trying to appear sorrowful about a beautiful, perfect post that was lost to deletion.

Only ways a post can get deleted are:

1. select all + delete/backspace, which can be solved by a Ctrl Z or an Edit > Undo
2. browser crash, which can be solved by clicking "restore tabs" or "restore browser session" when your browser reopens
3. loss of internet connection, which can be solved by clicking "< back", selecting & copy/pasting your post after signing in again when the internet comes back on
4. aliens/tigers/etc

Loss of explanation about why the post was magically lost is also suspect.

I am going to bed now + 2 minutes pause + It was going to be perfect = scum

This is a stupid reason to vote someone.

lol and you think he doesn't owe anyone anything except his stupid self-righteous crap saying "fuck you UN"?

gimme a break. i dont got time for this shit
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2012 11:18 pm

Post by UberNinja »

In post 391, Psyche wrote:Okay, I'm over it.

No, you didn't catch me as scum. You demonstrated your "scumhunting skills". But good job!

I've decided not to blow your post off as nonsense any further and explain its inanity. But first, one question: Don't you have any better read?

Of course, I'll post my other thoughts about the game. But you have to understand how demotivating it is to do something you've already done.

ok just so this shit is cleared up.

for my part: i had a conversation about this with one of my friends tonight: he's an EMT and he drove 50 miles somewhere to go help someone, and then when he got back, he had just finished settling down and getting comfy again when he got a call to go back to within a few miles of that 50 miles away on another call. thats 200 miles driving back and forth on the same road in the same night, when you'd rather be sleeping. so yes, i have some sympathy for it when it already happens (its happened to me too, even with the techniques i described before) so i'd say the best thing to do is type up your response in notepad or textpad or whatever text editor you prefer, and then save it periodically so that even if there's a power outage you'll still have most of what you wrote and you won't have to give us lame-ass excuses.

you keep saying things like "i'm going to bed" and then you lurk for a few minutes and then post something else tho, so what the hell am i supposed to think.

yes i have plenty of other reads, and some of them are pretty strong too (if you'd read my posts without doing something like scanning for YOUR name in them, you'd probably know this..................... right?), but nothing stuck out to me and said "oooh oooh pick me. vote me please" like yours did. i probably would have left vifam's vote on redff otherwise but you're def. worth voting for what is "pretty clearly" bullshit, especially given your tendency to post afterwords and NOT be in a complete fucking rage at all the work you lost. i know personally that when i have lost gigantic posts i have been fucking furious.

sooooo if you can say "fuck you" when replying to someone who thinks it's suspicious that you're pretending to have put effort into the game, but really just posting every now and again saying "hey guys i really tried but i am just unlucky... feel bad for meeeeeee".... then you can probably use a few expletives when you lose a post that you allegedly spent a good amount of time writing.

in other words, you have saintlike patience about something that you yourself caused
but when someone else dares to think it's suspicious, all of a sudden it's "fuck you, UN!"

yeah, no.

my vote stays.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2012 1:10 am

Post by Nobody Special »

In post 368, UberNinja wrote:
In post 177, Nobody Special wrote:
In post 167, inte wrote:
In post 164, mb53 wrote:
@crypto people who change votes way too much bother me

Why? I disagree.

false

No. Please use complete sentences and support your arguments with reasoning. What is false? That he disagrees? See, you can't argue whether he disagrees. It's called an
opinion.

Try harder. Even if you think we're weird.

unvote

Vote: inte

This is far too much reasoning for a vote. If inte is town, NS is probably scum.

So, I'm getting some work done, catching up on some things that had to be attended to, and I realize there's some mafia games waiting for me.

So I click over to MS, and read a few posts, and post some snippets, as I am wont to do occasionally, and then.

Then.

I open up Ythan's Glorious Nightless Game, and I find there's about 2 and a half pages to go. Okay, I think, I can do this. Good players in this game, some semblance of logic within the group, yeah. Let's go. ....Then.

THEN.

I start reading, and apparently UberNinja has been visited by the purplish aliens that enjoy slurping brains for a snack, because she's not only posting a machine-gun-like rat-a-tat series of short, incoherent posts, she's also acting like a retarded, flea-infested monkey with syphilis who lives only for the sheer pleasure of watching his feces splat against unwary innocent bystanders.

Uber, you aren't an idiot. Stop posting like one, okay?

Vote: UberNinja

Please, for the love of all that is holy, HELP ME LYNCH HER NOW.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2012 1:49 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 404, UberNinja wrote:
In post 391, Psyche wrote:Okay, I'm over it.

No, you didn't catch me as scum. You demonstrated your "scumhunting skills". But good job!

I've decided not to blow your post off as nonsense any further and explain its inanity. But first, one question: Don't you have any better read?

Of course, I'll post my other thoughts about the game. But you have to understand how demotivating it is to do something you've already done.

ok just so this shit is cleared up.

for my part: i had a conversation about this with one of my friends tonight: he's an EMT and he drove 50 miles somewhere to go help someone, and then when he got back, he had just finished settling down and getting comfy again when he got a call to go back to within a few miles of that 50 miles away on another call. thats 200 miles driving back and forth on the same road in the same night, when you'd rather be sleeping. so yes, i have some sympathy for it when it already happens (its happened to me too, even with the techniques i described before) so i'd say the best thing to do is type up your response in notepad or textpad or whatever text editor you prefer, and then save it periodically so that even if there's a power outage you'll still have most of what you wrote and you won't have to give us lame-ass excuses.

you keep saying things like "i'm going to bed" and then you lurk for a few minutes and then post something else tho, so what the hell am i supposed to think.

yes i have plenty of other reads, and some of them are pretty strong too (if you'd read my posts without doing something like scanning for YOUR name in them, you'd probably know this..................... right?), but nothing stuck out to me and said "oooh oooh pick me. vote me please" like yours did. i probably would have left vifam's vote on redff otherwise but you're def. worth voting for what is "pretty clearly" bullshit, especially given your tendency to post afterwords and NOT be in a complete fucking rage at all the work you lost. i know personally that when i have lost gigantic posts i have been fucking furious.

sooooo if you can say "fuck you" when replying to someone who thinks it's suspicious that you're pretending to have put effort into the game, but really just posting every now and again saying "hey guys i really tried but i am just unlucky... feel bad for meeeeeee".... then you can probably use a few expletives when you lose a post that you allegedly spent a good amount of time writing.

in other words, you have saintlike patience about something that you yourself caused
but when someone else dares to think it's suspicious, all of a sudden it's "fuck you, UN!"

yeah, no.

my vote stays.

tl;dr

I suppose I'll have to explain why a post might fail and then why I might continue complaining about it two minutes after it occurs. I'll use short straightforward sentences that — woah — make sense.

I have an iPad. When Safari crashes, the app simply closes and I return to my home screen. When I reopen Safari, every page is still there, but reloads and then appears as if I just recently visited it.

This can also happen if I switch tabs in my browser — Safari feels like it is necessary to reload the page I've been on for so long already. No, there is not a way to retrieve a post after Safari does this.

When a person gets really invested in his work, he feels a lot of negative emotions when this work fails. In fact, investment in something is positively correlated with both the intensity of and length of time of emotions felt about that thing. This is a basic finding of emotion science that I would think is common knowledge.

Because of this fact, it is no wonder that I might be despairing about a lost post two minutes after posting it. Two minutes isn't really much time at all.

I hope you process this post less unintelligently than you have my others, but believe me, I'm not losing sleep over it.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2012 3:19 am

Post by UberNinja »

In post 405, Nobody Special wrote:
In post 368, UberNinja wrote:
In post 177, Nobody Special wrote:
In post 167, inte wrote:
In post 164, mb53 wrote:
@crypto people who change votes way too much bother me

Why? I disagree.

false

No. Please use complete sentences and support your arguments with reasoning. What is false? That he disagrees? See, you can't argue whether he disagrees. It's called an
opinion.

Try harder. Even if you think we're weird.

unvote

Vote: inte

This is far too much reasoning for a vote. If inte is town, NS is probably scum.

So, I'm getting some work done, catching up on some things that had to be attended to, and I realize there's some mafia games waiting for me.

So I click over to MS, and read a few posts, and post some snippets, as I am wont to do occasionally, and then.

Then.

I open up Ythan's Glorious Nightless Game, and I find there's about 2 and a half pages to go. Okay, I think, I can do this. Good players in this game, some semblance of logic within the group, yeah. Let's go. ....Then.

THEN.

I start reading, and apparently UberNinja has been visited by the purplish aliens that enjoy slurping brains for a snack, because she's not only posting a machine-gun-like rat-a-tat series of short, incoherent posts, she's also acting like a retarded, flea-infested monkey with syphilis who lives only for the sheer pleasure of watching his feces splat against unwary innocent bystanders.

Uber, you aren't an idiot. Stop posting like one, okay?

Please, for the love of all that is holy, HELP ME LYNCH HER NOW.

am i on crack, or was there really nothing about me being scum ANYWHERE in your post?

or are you just saying this because i called you scummy -- which is what I suspect?
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2012 5:50 am

Post by Nobody Special »

I'll make it easy to read:

YOU POST BAD.

YOU POST LIKE SCUM.

YOU NEED ROPE.

Better?
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2012 6:02 am

Post by crypto »

Psyche, how did you lose your original post?
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2012 6:17 am

Post by crypto »

In post 399, Pine wrote:
In post 385, Psyche wrote:Your attack is pathetic and offensive and fuck you. Good luck at the whole "lynching me" thing from that.

This is a pretty solid scumpost. Was on the fence on you, Psyche, thanks for clearing it up.

Unvote
I actually kind of agree with this post. Psyche's reaction to UN's case doesn't give me good vibes. It's too bad because before UN dropped the bomb I'd had a pretty solid town read on Psyche.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2012 6:24 am

Post by crypto »

Not sure what to make of BBmolla's "when I flip town" ultimatum. In a realtime (chat-based) setting I'd be strongly inclined to call ballsy stuff like that town, but I am really rusty at forum Mafia and I'm sure stuff like that could be premeditated. It's irksome that, as far as I can tell, BBmolla's basically thrown in the towel on the game.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2012 6:26 am

Post by Psyche »

Sigh. I should've kept a cool head. I'll win you guys back, promise!
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2012 6:28 am

Post by crypto »

In post 409, crypto wrote:Psyche, how did you lose your original post?
Answer, please. This should be easy.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2012 6:32 am

Post by Psyche »

oh, I already explained that. I had the reply window open and Safari decided to crash. When I reopened the browser, all of my tabs reloaded, changing a huge wall post into a single quote yet to be commented on.

Most of it was trivial commentary, but it helped organize my thoughts and posed a few questions. Ex. "Wtf is mountainous?" I know now.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2012 6:35 am

Post by crypto »

All right, get the fuck off Safari. That's just shameful.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2012 6:38 am

Post by Psyche »

:X

I usually use Firefox, but this is an iPad we're talking about.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2012 6:38 am

Post by crypto »

Wow that was a really bad post I just made sorry everyone
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2012 6:39 am

Post by crypto »

In post 416, Psyche wrote::X

I usually use Firefox, but this is an iPad we're talking about.
You scrolled through the thread and produced a huge catch-up post on an iPad?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2012 6:41 am

Post by Psyche »

Yes. In retrospect, and in the future, I should've just done an extra c/p and put everything on my Notes app.

Usually, it's pretty handy, this iPad. Much more useful for large projects like MS than the iPhone...
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2012 6:46 am

Post by crypto »

Hmm, okay.
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2012 6:47 am

Post by redFF »

I seriously don't get why BBmolla is 1v1ing me 20 pages into day 1...
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2012 6:48 am

Post by crypto »

I had a town read on Mogri for some reason and looking through his iso I have no idea what it was.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2012 6:49 am

Post by crypto »

You guys are too aggressive and self-confident for D1 in a large setup. I can't handle it.
noraaa
noraaa
Goon
noraaa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sun May 06, 2012 7:14 am

Post by noraaa »

NS that was a horrible post. Give us examples if you want us on your side. You know, like you told inte to do. And I know you hate bad grammar but it's not part of a reason to vote someone. That's just ridiculous, you're reaching and reaching. I rather thought the posting by UN was pretty decent. The big Psyche post anyway.

I'm going to re-read some stuff today and see how my feelings stand on the people I had been thinking were scummy and townish. It's hard with everything being so sporadic to keep it all concrete. Time to start taking notes.

In the meantime,
unvote
vote NS
Engineers accepted the word “planetary” in its epicyclic sense, but I was always conscious that it also meant “wandering,” “erratic.”

Compassion, Common Sense, and Context should always go together.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”