Newbie 1233: Frogs & Toads Mafia (Town Win!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Axxle
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 10:12 am

Post by Axxle »

In post 274, Twistedspoon wrote:Your reads seem fair enough. I have a few issues with it perhaps (such as how I'm more red-flag worthy than xeph) but nothing major really

I want to hear from Bonooru myself

Xeph would be more flag worthy than you if you both had the same amount of experience. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt considering he is also a Newbie. Although he's only posted, what, once since Saturday? Not liking that.

Bonooru just joined right? Let's give him time.

How many Day 1 lynches actually happen on average? Is it a common occurrence?
Bonooru
Bonooru
Townie
Bonooru
Townie
Townie

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 10:17 am

Post by Bonooru »

Proving that I exist.
Substance to follow.

In post 251, Voidedmafia wrote:First off: That ribbit? Don't ever do that again. Ever.

Oh come on VM all that axxle was doing was embracing the "flavor" if you can call it that (sorry peregrine)

In any event... Im Bonooru, Ive played a few in person games before but nothing on forums. (Im going to miss not being able to hear intonations and facial expressions...)
Bonooru
Bonooru
Townie
Bonooru
Townie
Townie

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 10:29 am

Post by Bonooru »

In post 275, Axxle wrote: How many Day 1 lynches actually happen on average? Is it a common occurrence?

I havent read through any other games on this site but I was having the same question. I think that It is normal because most of the games have the majority of players in them as vanilla townies. This way people can vote and have a higher chance of getting scum, whereas if we were to start with a night, we would have the potential at getting an investigation but the cop wouldnt want to tell us the results because then they would probably be killed by the mafia.

Just checking but, do we have any good arguments for anyone? If so would anyone care to lay them out for me?
Xephoria
Xephoria
Goon
Xephoria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 10:55 am

Post by Xephoria »

Damn, so much replacements. Anyways, welcome :P You probably don't have much of a read on me, sorry >.> I'll attempt to make reads or suspicions now. Most will come from gut reads. Not really going to do a read of the people who came in and replaced. That leaves Chrimi, Twisted, and Voided.

Chrimi- I don't mind you doing anything in the beginning. Now you're posting a lot and I don't see anything bad.

Twisted- Just my opinion; why do you and voided post so much about old games and stuff, makes others unable to join the convo :| just sayin'. I'm not really sure about you at all as to town or scum.

Voided- I have no problem with you at all; for now. We need someone like you very badly who gets conversations going and gets people to talk. Not saying I don't think you're scum, just that even if you are, you seem to be helping town.? But, a gut read makes me think scum :|
kondi2424
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 11:20 am

Post by kondi2424 »

Also want to mention that I was scum in the game Zenax mentioned.

I feel that the early Xephoria wagon was terrible, and makes him and Zenax's slot likely town. I think at least one of TS and Voided are scum due to the stringup.

Xephoria's #157 strikes major town motivation.

Larry's replacement reason should make me obvious town, unless you think he was faking it.

Chrimi's posts around Page 7 are annoying and scummy, but #173 makes them null but useless.
and against my beliefs

TS's second quick L-1 vote pissed me off. More scumpoints for him.

Axxle's #250 is pure fencesit. His points just seem too easy and obvious and already mentioned.

I completely agree with nurC's #259, and I can see town motivation spewing out of his Xephoria read.

Axxle's #275 makes me unsure. I THINK it's from town, but it's unlike his other posts.

So overall, I have major townreads on Xephoria and nurC, a major scumread on TS, minor scumreads on Voided, Chrimi, and Axxle, and I'm null on Elmo and Bono.

@Bono, TS, and Elmo: I would appreciate it if you two would give game-related content soon.

@Those who suspect Xephoria: I want detailed reasoning for why he's your top scumread ASAP.

VOTE: TS
Show
"
He's saying your an idiot redff
" - theamatuer

"
Also, kondi may not be scum anymore. I'll check with my die.
" - vijay2vasandani

Town: 10-22
Scum: 11-3
kondi2424
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 11:39 am

Post by kondi2424 »

Elmo, you should post when you visit. You need to learn that. ^.^

Also, I suspect an incoming large Axxle post.
Show
"
" - theamatuer

"
" - vijay2vasandani

Axxle
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 11:49 am

Post by Axxle »

Not large, I've typed it and am editing it but only paying half attention since I'm also at work.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 11:58 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Vote Count 1-10

(as of Post 281)

Twistedspoon (3)
- nurC, Axxle, kondi2424
Xephoria (2)
- Chrimi, Voidedmafia
Chrimi (2)
- Bonooru, Twistedspoon

Not Voting (2)
- Xephoria, Elmo TeH AzN

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline:
Saturday, May 12, 2012 11:45pm CST

Replacing:

No one! Hurrah!

Prods:

No one! Hurrah!

V/LAs:

No one! Hurrah!
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 1:46 pm

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

In post 119, Twistedspoon wrote:
In post 107, Chrimi wrote:Yum yum fish.

Do you have nothing else to say here amigo?~

I've felt I've got a fair enough read on VM for now and my vote has outlasted its stay.

VOTE: Xeph

Talk about Chrimi but vote Xeph :shifty:
In post 190, Twistedspoon wrote:Chrimi is utterly useless but that makes me wonder if he'd too scummy to be scum

I guess he'll be needing lynching at some point though

VOTE: chrimi

Your going to vote on Chrimi now & talk about him. I don't like the too scummy comment.
In post 212, Twistedspoon wrote:well my vote is staying on your crimi unless we get some SE-worthy content

So your pushing for content and your sitting on the Chrimi wagon waiting for it to take off?
Theres some content. Now I have to leave for work.
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 1:49 pm

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

In post 280, kondi2424 wrote:Elmo, you should post when you visit. You need to learn that. ^.^

Also, I suspect an incoming large Axxle post.

Kondi - I used to post in every game when I visit then I realized there were a lot of posts from me in a game. Really I've got 10 mins before I leave for work, lets see what I can come up with.
Im tired nwo.
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
kondi2424
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 2:10 pm

Post by kondi2424 »

That's L-1.

Also, I apologize, Elmo. That was rude of me. I'm impatient. :P
Show
"
" - theamatuer

"
" - vijay2vasandani

Axxle
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 2:21 pm

Post by Axxle »

In post 279, kondi2424 wrote:Also want to mention that I was scum in the game Zenax mentioned.

I feel that the early Xephoria wagon was terrible, and makes him and Zenax's slot likely town. I think at least one of TS and Voided are scum due to the stringup.

Xephoria's #157 strikes major town motivation.

Larry's replacement reason should make me obvious town, unless you think he was faking it.

Chrimi's posts around Page 7 are annoying and scummy, but #173 makes them null but useless.
and against my beliefs

TS's second quick L-1 vote pissed me off. More scumpoints for him.

Axxle's #250 is pure fencesit. His points just seem too easy and obvious and already mentioned.

I completely agree with nurC's #259, and I can see town motivation spewing out of his Xephoria read.

Axxle's #275 makes me unsure. I THINK it's from town, but it's unlike his other posts.

So overall, I have major townreads on Xephoria and nurC, a major scumread on TS, minor scumreads on Voided, Chrimi, and Axxle, and I'm null on Elmo and Bono.

@Bono, TS, and Elmo: I would appreciate it if you two would give game-related content soon.

@Those who suspect Xephoria: I want detailed reasoning for why he's your top scumread ASAP.

My first reaction to this was positive, it's nice you're coming into this ready to go.

I very much like you're using the metadata of why people are getting replaced to try and seek out the mafia. I would think that people who drop out are more likely to be townsfolk, as people who are mafia may be more swayed to stay for the novelty of being a member of a team they don't get to play as often. Not a guarantee to any extent but it's something to consider. (just realized you're Larry's replacement... hmm...)

I'm not really seeing how you can look at Xephoria's #157, my #250, and Xeph's #278 and get totally different reads. Oh well.

Sort of in a rush so sorry if I misspoke somewhere here.

PEdit: L-1 worries me. Twisted mentioned he was Day 1 lynched in a previous game with VM, is it going to happen again? does this just mean he's a poor player? I'm concerned he won't respond to this in a while since he's in the UK and likely just went to bed. Is that on us or on him?
kondi2424
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 2:45 pm

Post by kondi2424 »

Thanks, Axxle. I forgot to mention,
NOBODY CASTS THE FINAL VOTE UNTIL THE PERSON BEING LYNHED CLAIMS HIS ROLE.

Thought it might be better from my mouth than the person being voted.

On the replacement note; Zyx and Asher had serious reasons to leave, so their replacement is null. Zenax and LluD both kinda flamed out, so it's null. My replacement replaced out for a reason; you can get your read of the reason yourself, but I think it makes me look town. (self defense FTW :D) Replacing out is usually not a good way to read slots, though.

As for the difference between you and Xeph, let's just say that sometimes, fluff is more telling than content. Xeph's content is on par with yours, but the way he says it is genuine and from a town perspective. Your #250, however, looked easy enough to be faked while still having good content. Usually new players will be more telling in their content if they're town.

I do like your replacement discussion here, though.
Show
"
" - theamatuer

"
" - vijay2vasandani

kondi2424
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 2:46 pm

Post by kondi2424 »

Oops. kinda flaked out*
Show
"
" - theamatuer

"
" - vijay2vasandani

Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 3:17 pm

Post by Chrimi »

Are you guys serious?

If anybody hammers TS because of
that
, I'm going to be pissed.
Axxle
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 3:28 pm

Post by Axxle »

What reason are you refering to? If it's about the previous game, that doesn't affect my decision. I sort of mentioned it so we're aware that the mafia might hammer him again so we should be careful with our L-1s
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 7:31 pm

Post by Twistedspoon »

Wowzers. This is clearly your doing VM. Whenever I'm with you I always get myslynched early game. Not cool bro :P

anyways I get the content out tonight. I've just gotta head to school now.
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2012 8:16 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

Fridays are never much fun for me. i do so many extra subjects I have to have lessons in my lunchtimes. That combined with a stressful 90 minute driving lesson being gridlocked in Greater Manchester does not make for a fun start to the weekend.
Anyways
In post 277, Bonooru wrote:I havent read through any other games on this site but I was having the same question. I think that It is normal because most of the games have the majority of players in them as vanilla townies. This way people can vote and have a higher chance of getting scum, whereas if we were to start with a night, we would have the potential at getting an investigation but the cop wouldnt want to tell us the results because then they would probably be killed by the mafia.

yeah, we tend not to NL in newbie games d1. a Lylo is far preferable to a Mylo. It's probability really.
We don't have many night stars at all. A bit too luck based for our liking.
(oh your avvy is that scarecrow dude from OoT)

In post 279, kondi2424 wrote:TS's second quick L-1 vote pissed me off. More scumpoints for him.

for trying to get momentum and drag the game out of RVS? Why? I would never have allowed a lynch at that moment in tine and any pressure was good, game-advancing pressure

Wow Elmo. Talk about flashwagoning. The first time you surface an opinion (a poor, undeveloped one at that) is when I'm just in the perfect position for wagoning to the death. Opportunistic much?
VOTE: Elmo
Furthermore I have no clue what your premises are in #283. Nothing you have said there is inductively forceful at all.... Not even deductively valid tbh. :neutral:
Rephrase it and I'll do my best to answer your points. Otherwise I'm just going to be sat here counting the votes on me with my abacus and sweet little else to do as regards to your concerns (but then again you're most likely mafiosi after that vote so I'm not sure why I'm bothering trying to justify my townieness to someone who's probably more than aware of it already).

In post 286, Axxle wrote:L-1 worries me. Twisted mentioned he was Day 1 lynched in a previous game with VM, is it going to happen again? does this just mean he's a poor player? I'm concerned he won't respond to this in a while since he's in the UK and likely just went to bed. Is that on us or on him?

Well I'm either real poor or the town is.

On the one hand poor players don't tend to get nominated for 2 scummy awards or even be allowed to IC.
On the other hand I am at L-1

So yeah. Pretty poor player this TS guy is if you ask me. Whoever let him IC is sure getting fired :roll:

(tl;dr I'd appreciate it if we didn't talk about how terrible a player I am when I'm right here reading this. Gee. So subtle dude >_> )

~Screwtape
nurC
nurC
Goon
nurC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2012 8:27 am

Post by nurC »

In post 275, Axxle wrote:How many Day 1 lynches actually happen on average? Is it a common occurrence?

Since no one commented on this: day 1 lynches are common, and they benefit the town, even if they are most likely mislynches. (short explanation: you end up with a higher chance of getting scum in the long run, since you eliminate a suspect early)

@Bonooru:

Lots of fluff in your posts 276 & 277. You clearly read at least some of thread (since you quoted some stuff from a previous page), and all you could comment on was some joke by Voided...

@Axxle/kondi:

Replacing out isn't really a town tell, its really null... regardless of having a reason or not...

@Chrimi:

In post 289, Chrimi wrote:Are you guys serious?

If anybody hammers TS because of
that
, I'm going to be pissed.

What's the "
that
" that you don't like?

@Axxle:

In post 290, Axxle wrote: I sort of mentioned it so we're aware that the mafia might hammer him again so we should be careful with our L-1s

A quickhammer from scum on TS right now would be suicide, so it is extremely unlikely to occur.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2012 8:30 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

In post 293, nurC wrote:
In post 275, Axxle wrote:How many Day 1 lynches actually happen on average? Is it a common occurrence?

Since no one commented on this: day 1 lynches are common, and they benefit the town, even if they are most likely mislynches. (short explanation: you end up with a higher chance of getting scum in the long run, since you eliminate a suspect early)

hey, I totally mentioned that >:]

~Screwtape
Axxle
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2012 9:30 am

Post by Axxle »

In post 292, Twistedspoon wrote:
In post 286, Axxle wrote:L-1 worries me. Twisted mentioned he was Day 1 lynched in a previous game with VM, is it going to happen again? does this just mean he's a poor player? I'm concerned he won't respond to this in a while since he's in the UK and likely just went to bed. Is that on us or on him?

Well I'm either real poor or the town is.

On the one hand poor players don't tend to get nominated for 2 scummy awards or even be allowed to IC.
On the other hand I am at L-1

So yeah. Pretty poor player this TS guy is if you ask me. Whoever let him IC is sure getting fired :roll:

(tl;dr I'd appreciate it if we didn't talk about how terrible a player I am when I'm right here reading this. Gee. So subtle dude >_> )

I'm not sorry for not being subtle, but I am sorry for implying you were a poor without doing my research. All I know is that you got lynched in a previous game quickly and you're close now. I don't know what a scummy award is. I don't know the requirements for being an IC (i thought it was just a number of games played). And the quality of a player is an extremely valid thing to look at. Consider poker, where knowing if a player is a fish or a shark is incredibly useful for predicting how they're going to behave. Let's take me for example. I'm not very experienced in this game. I will make mistakes. I will push too hard, or not enough. You need to know to not look too much into things because it might be just me making a mistake.

As for the rest of your post, it does seem like Elmo has stranger reasons for voting for you than the rest of us, and would like to hear more from him.

Why is Lylo is "far preferable" to a Mylo? Doesn't Mylo give the townsfolk more outs with being able to NL? Well, I'll just trust you since I don't have much experience in this game.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2012 9:32 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

264: Yes, pretty much

265: Don't be a load, please? I know you can play, so please do so.

266: 1.) That works, too.

2.) I coulda sworn we've been in another game, though. I know you were dead before I came in that game, but still.

267: Whether or not being at each other's throats is good or bad depends on the state of the game and how well both players (or all, if we were in a non-Newbie with a 3+ scumteam) can convincingly bus each other and come off town (or work it for towncred, if the bussing leads to a lynch). I wouldn't be surprised if one or both scum is among the lurkers right now (that is, everyone except NurC, TS, Chrim, Axxle, and Elmo).

Also, why do you keep bolding names?

270:...*sigh* you're going to be difficult, aren't you?

Dislike the slight misrep from NurC against Axxle about that statement. I think it was fairly clear that Axxle was simply wanting to start putting pressure on TS. While I admit the wording is questionable, the intent was rather clear.

275: D1 lynches do happen almost always, and SHOULD happen. Even if we get a mislynch on a townie, that's still information we can use to help narrow down suspects. Unless we quicklynch, then it's effectively useless most of the time. D1 quicklynches are rather few and far between, though, so they're still the best course of action.

In fact, we SHOULD usually go for a lynch if at all possible because that's the only way we can actually lynch scum, but no-lynches can be used strategically if necessary. Just not on D1.

276: So? He still shouldn't do it -_-

277: The sentiment expressed is appreciated, but the logic is rather wrong (unless I'm reading it wrong). Unless you're playing a Theme game or a Marathon here, MS games always start on the day phase nowadays. Though, for D1 (and maybe D2) any cops shouldn't worry too much about being lynched as they're just in a pool of other potentials at that point (unless they claim or otherwise out an investigation, then they become prime NK-bait).

278: You say that you don't have a problem with me, yet at the end you say your gut says I'm scum? Isn't that contradictory?

279: Wait, what exactly made the early Xeph wagon terrible?

Also, see 219.

283: The vote is fine based on the reasoning given, but this post still feels like Elmo's just trying to ride on the curtails of the people who are already voting TS.

286: 1.) It's true that scum aren't exactly likely to fake that sort of thing (then again, if anyone tried faking that just to get out of a game I would permanently blacklist them depending on some factors related to the excuse. But even scum have real-life things to attend to at times, so I find instances of clear townieness from this to be the exception rather than the rule.

2.) I already mentioned this, but the quicklynch on him in that game wasn't due to his play, but due to the stupidity of a fellow townie. May I repeat that he quicklynched TWICE IN A ROW?

287: Axxle's been fairly good in the content department, and I don't see any sort of faking from 250, which is partially why I agreed with it (the main thing was that his thoughts closely mirrored mine, of course, but sincerity in the reads also helps).

291: STOP BLAMING ME! THIS ISN'T MY FAULT!

292: Say what you will about the reasoning, it's still at least semi-original. I do agree it's too...eh, convenient a vote, but it's not a bad vote on all accounts.

*phew*
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2012 9:34 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Axxle: Just that the reasons you were trying to use to say he was poor were just flawed, really.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
kondi2424
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
kondi2424
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2012 9:39 am

Post by kondi2424 »

Yeah I feel really good about TS scum.

@TS: Could you give a reads list for me? Preferably with reasons?
Show
"
" - theamatuer

"
" - vijay2vasandani

Axxle
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2012 9:43 am

Post by Axxle »

I was feeling that I was missing a crucial strategy since it sounds like mislynches aren't as bad as I think they would be. Thanks all for clarifying. Just to be sure I'm getting it right: Even if we mislynch, we'll be able to go back and see what people said about that person and may be able to better deduce who the mafia is.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”