mafia-n00b
mafia-n00b
Mafia Scum
mafia-n00b
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 12:09 pm

Post by mafia-n00b »

@saulres: Given your avatar, aren't you better suited for straw-brained ideas anyway? ;)
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 12:10 pm

Post by Amrun »

Saulres, what was the theory?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 12:18 pm

Post by saulres »

I was trying to find theam's role to see if he could be scum with a town alt. I came up with a couple of loooooooong-stretch possibilities so figured it might not be in the current thread and izak pretty much confirmed it for me. (I wish Tierce were still here so we could ask her to grab the cache of it.)

It's just the way CCV was going on and on about her post restriction, and theam seems to know nothing about it, that got me wondering. I found something where a hydra slot had both scum and town in it, but nothing really close to what we see here.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
Nominated for Paperback Writer Scummie 2013 and 2014!
On permanent
V/LA
Friday afternoons through Saturday nights.
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Goon
Captain Haddock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 3:25 pm

Post by Captain Haddock »

I don't see how getting lightheaded while making a post so it's broken is a scumtell. I would expect BBmolla to jump on.

Inte, why did you vote me?

Redpanda's probably scum because of the disguised omgus but no one's going to vote him. I had a look at his vote history and he didn't vote Dana today even though he screamed at him that he's scum.
In post 1772, saulres wrote:First thing I found of interest: He spent all of D1 tunneling on BBMolla for asking for a claim from RedPanda beyond mason. That's not scummy in and of itself, I can see where he's coming from.

But then his first post on Day2 includes this:

In post 527, Captain Haddock wrote:a massclaim(which we should do tommorow)

Why the turnaround, Captain? Also why did you want to wait a day?

And then you go on to continue criticizing asking for claims.

I do see something in one of his BB quotes that I'm going to follow up on to see if it yields anything.

A massclaim is good idea because you can see which claims make sense but if there isn't one it's best the scum don't know about any good PRs.

I thought we should have a massclaim Day 3 for 2 reasons.
1. You get an extra Day of play to see if someones claim makes sense.
2. PRs get 2 results instead of 1.

Yes I find rolefishing scummy and there shouldn't be any unnecessary claims before a massclaim.

Oh, and now you're
back
to wanting a massclaim. Could you please explain your flip-floppiness on the whole claiming issue?

Back?

In post 1841, saulres wrote:But thank you for vouching that that's a regular part of my play. I think you're the only one left who can do that (Tierce could have too. Haddock
might
be able to but I can't remember which game I played with him in and I think it was eaten by tigers anyway.)

I can't remember if you did have any in that game, there was definately no setup spec because that was
open

Let's have a massclaim a few rl days after Foxace is replaced(we have 10 days). We should do a scummy to towny order but it might take to long for (almost)everyone to agree to an order.
"If you don't want a doubled chance of being vanillarised lynch me or Deasvail"- Me. Who knew powering up scum was a valid tactic?
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 4:09 pm

Post by saulres »

I wasn't differentiating between claiming and massclaiming. Doing that through your ISO, it seemed like you were flipflopping (searching "claim" doesn't work because some were just in response to something else -- I don't want to go through it again looking but I will tomorrow if you want me to).

In post 1853, Captain Haddock wrote:Let's have a massclaim a few rl days after Foxace is replaced(we have 10 days). We should do a scummy to towny order but it might take to long for (almost)everyone to agree to an order.

With only three real noclaims I don't think it would take that long. Still not seeing the advantage of tellling scum which roles are worth killing off though.
"SAULRES you are THE man! Fav mod eva, no contest!" - Bert; "Saulres is a fantastic mod, if he is running a game everyone needs to join it." - FuDuzn
On permanent
V/LA
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 6:32 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 1843, saulres wrote:theam, why do you think your predecessor said this?:
In post 196, Candy Corn Vampire wrote:It doesn't effect the way I convey information (I can post as much as I want), however it effects how I can play though.

Why you rolefishing
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 6:33 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 1852, saulres wrote:I was trying to find theam's role to see if he could be scum with a town alt. I came up with a couple of loooooooong-stretch possibilities so figured it might not be in the current thread and izak pretty much confirmed it for me. (I wish Tierce were still here so we could ask her to grab the cache of it.)

It's just the way CCV was going on and on about her post restriction, and theam seems to know nothing about it, that got me wondering. I found something where a hydra slot had both scum and town in it, but nothing really close to what we see here.

What was the point in saying this

@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 6:44 pm

Post by saulres »

In post 1856, BBmolla wrote:What was the point in saying this

I was asked. Plus...

In post 1855, BBmolla wrote:Why you rolefishing

I'm not rolefishing, and I'll gladly explain once them responds to this:

In post 1845, theamatuer wrote:He prob thinks posting with the alt would limit his own activity or somthing.

Why would he think that? You don't seem to "have a very unfun post restriction"...
On permanent
V/LA
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 6:47 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Saul did you check out the Dummy in worst role thread btw?
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Thu May 10, 2012 7:09 pm

Post by saulres »

Shhh... Please let theam respond.
On permanent
V/LA
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2012 8:44 am

Post by danakillsu »

Well. If theam is scum, I'm pretty sure BBMolla is too. Not that I think either of them is scum.

Let's have a massclaim a few rl days after Foxace is replaced(we have 10 days). We should do a scummy to towny order but it might take to long for (almost)everyone to agree to an order.

You do whatever you want, but I'm never participating in a massclaim unless town is stupid enough to try and lynch me for not claiming. Just giving everyone fair warning.
Phillammon
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2012 9:16 am

Post by Phillammon »

Popcorn it if it's gonna be like that, but I fail to see how it could yet be in town's interest to massclaim.
Current Losing Streak: 4 (record: 9)
Probable record holder for most games played on site before managing to win one!
RedPanda
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
RedPanda
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2012 9:18 am

Post by RedPanda »

disguised OMGUS?
Lets look at your post.
I thought redpanda was town. but hes asking dana to claim.thats ridiculous But hes attacking dana Hmmm..

Haddock I mean this is really funny.

You want Dana lynched.

And the fact is I wasn't even asking dana to claim.
All i wanted was for dana to give me any type of information which would make me believe that he wasn't just making things up to avoid getting lynched.

But lets forget about that.

Lets assume I was forcing dana to claim.

back to point 1.

You want dana lynched.
So even if I was forcing dana to claim.
Its not supposed to be ridiculous.
You believe dana is scum.
Which means forcing dana to claim is going to help you.
And have you even read the arguments between me and dana?
Apparently not.

And yes the quote below is 100% fact.

In post 1764, RedPanda wrote:
In post 1759, danakillsu wrote:Is it just me or were there just multiple unexplained Captain Haddock votes? I looked back to see a case on him, but didn't find one. Someone wanna explain?

this is obvious.

Hes trying to get you lynched.

then he says this.
In post 1749, Captain Haddock wrote:I thought Redpanda was town but asking for a claim without a massclaim is ridiculous but he's attacking Dana... I need to work this out. I remember Redpanda saying CCV not answering me is fine but a time will come when we will have to. I think we should masslaim later today actually.

Either he was drunk or was on crack when he said this or he's just scum.

Either you just fucked up as town or you're scum.

In post 1853, Captain Haddock wrote:I don't see how getting lightheaded while making a post so it's broken is a scumtell. I would expect BBmolla to jump on.

I mean If I'm reading this quote right, You're pretty much admitting you fucked up.

In post 1853, Captain Haddock wrote:Yes I find rolefishing scummy and there shouldn't be any unnecessary claims before a massclaim.

And here you've gone back to the reason why I'm voting for you.

If I was trying to get theamatuer or any other person I have a town read on to claim.
I understand why rolefishing them is scummy.

But no I'm trying to get my scumread to give me any info which if hes lying about I can catch him.

If dana was your town read, I would understand your indignation.

But Dana is your scum read. You're voting for dana. You want dana to get lynched today.

I mean come on.

Do you really lack this much common sense.
Or are you just being flailing scum?
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2012 10:02 am

Post by mcqueen »

@saulres - I DID READ BBmolla's CLAME BUT I UTERLY FORGOT IT!11111!1 OMG WTF

@izakthegoomba - V/LA THROUGHOUT SATURDAY AND POSIBLY IN2 SUNDAY AFTERNON11!1
saulres
saulres
Mafia Scum
saulres
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2012 12:13 pm

Post by saulres »

Hey theam! Stop lurking and come answer the question.
On permanent
V/LA
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1865 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2012 12:22 pm

Post by theamatuer »

@saurles: I have 2 spots in the game, mine and the one controlled by Gimmicky Alt. since my slot needed to control 2 players, CCV thought it would cause her own posting to decline, hence the PR claim to explain if someone notices a change from her usual play
Its just whatever
mafia-n00b
mafia-n00b
Mafia Scum
mafia-n00b
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1866 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2012 12:40 pm

Post by mafia-n00b »

@BB, are you ignoring 1833 or did you just not see it?
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1867 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2012 1:06 pm

Post by Amrun »

1062 is a good post on Haddock. why do you think RedPanda is scum for "fishing" or "omgusing" dana, when you're VOTING DANA, haddock?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1868 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2012 1:59 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 1833, mafia-n00b wrote:I don't get it... you obviously thought it was smart to use it once, and it brought in town. So what's changed?

I went through you in ISO and a see a point where you claim it's reasonable to assume that if you bring in a second player, they'd be scum. Why is this?

Even if it's a coin-toss each time, that should argue for you not having used it in the first place, because a 50/50 shot at town is horrible odds for the town. Of course, it could be something like 85/15 town/mafia or whatever, but regardless, why are you not willing to do what you've already done?

Of course, scum-BB wouldn't want to bring in more town, but you've made a reasonably cogent case that you wouldn't have targeted Tierce originally if you were scum. So, what am I missing?

Balance.

Okay, imagine you were creating this game. Now, best case scenario is you make it so both recruits are town. What would be plausible worst case scenario?

In my opinion, it'd be one scum recruit. Two scum recruits would be gamebreaking. In addition, it'd now quite literally have to be the second if one were scum, as the first was town.

That and it's not really worth doing, unless you have some stellar scumhunter. I brought Tierce in to have someone to talk to about this game, as talking to some players in this game(Pokerface comes to mind...) would just be a waste of my time. I trust her scumdar for the most part, and I felt I'd be able to read her if she were scum(Maybe not, but I think so, and I also had doubts about first being scum.)

Is there really any reason to recruit another person?

My theory is that if I recruited again it'd end up being a traitor neighbor, that'd probably be the most balanced scenario.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1869 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2012 2:39 pm

Post by Amrun »

Or ... there's a 50/50 chance for each person!! Your "logic" was always fucking terrible on this and it hasn't gotten any better.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1870 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2012 2:50 pm

Post by BBmolla »

You think it's more plausible that the mod flips a coin each time I recruit someone

nothx, that's more illogical than my theory.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1871 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2012 2:56 pm

Post by Amrun »

No, it really, really isn't.

I don't think that's NECESSARILY the case anyway, I just think there are about 10,000 more likely explanations than yours.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1872 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2012 3:00 pm

Post by BBmolla »

What is your point then?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1873 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2012 3:01 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I mean, if you think my logic is bad, I really don't care, I was only answering MN.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1874 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2012 3:03 pm

Post by Amrun »

My point is that I can't figure out if you seriously believe that utter, utter bullshit. I really find your play individually scummy this game, but feel unsure about your scum motivation in some things (such as inviting Tierce), and I think I believe dana, which makes you town. But I still struggle to reconcile myself with it.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”