Polite Mafia - All Are Initiated By Force!

splitfarvle
splitfarvle
Goon
splitfarvle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2012 12:54 pm

Post by splitfarvle »

Esteemed players,

I am indeed willing to hammer if there are no objections. It will be an exquisite pleasure.
Shmugen
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2012 12:58 pm

Post by Shmugen »

I believe we may be here a week, dear Split, if you wait for objections.
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2012 1:03 pm

Post by IceGuy »

Just hammer.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2012 1:15 pm

Post by Glork »

A hammer would be most elegant, refined, and cordial for all parties involved.

Jeeves, please hand said hammer to splitfarvle.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Macrophage
Macrophage
Goon
Macrophage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2012 1:20 pm

Post by Macrophage »

Please note, dear friends, that I have had to forego my usual ritual of the wonderful green tea to say this.

I'm sorry but I, somewhat weakly, object to a RedCoyote hammer. Perhaps he has fooled me by his claim, yet I feel a sense of honesty emanating from his words. I, however, do not feel strongly about this, so I will not be trying too hard to prevent his demise. I would like to remind you, however, that if he is indeed the honest man I suspect he is, the blame will not be on me.
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2012 1:21 pm

Post by IceGuy »

In post 429, Macrophage wrote:Please note, dear friends, that I have had to forego my usual ritual of the wonderful green tea to say this.

I'm sorry but I, somewhat weakly, object to a RedCoyote hammer. Perhaps he has fooled me by his claim, yet I feel a sense of honesty emanating from his words. I, however, do not feel strongly about this, so I will not be trying too hard to prevent his demise. I would like to remind you, however, that if he is indeed the honest man I suspect he is, the blame will not be on me.

This will be considered a rapscallion claim if RC flips town.
splitfarvle
splitfarvle
Goon
splitfarvle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2012 1:40 pm

Post by splitfarvle »

unvote

VOTE: RedCoyote

Esteemed IceGuy,

I didn't say before, but I don't think you should self infract if you wish to leave the game. Indeed, I believe you should replace out instead.

I'm quite sure this game will become more comprehensible tomorrow.
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon May 07, 2012 1:43 pm

Post by IceGuy »

I'll continue to play until at least tomorrow (in game days).
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Tue May 08, 2012 5:36 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

VOTECOUNT

Red Coyote (8): GreyICE, Glork, kuribo, Amrun, T-Bone, Shmugen, IceGuy, splitfarvle
Captain Corporal (1): PeregrineV
kuribo(1): SpyreX
SpyreX (1): Macrophage
Amrun (1): SpyreX

Not voting:
Captain Corporal, Red Coyote

15 players, 8 to lynch

INFRACTIONS:

GreyICE: 4/5
Schmugen: 3/5
Glork: 3/5
Captain Corporal: 3/5
kuribo: 3/5
T-Bone: 2/5
Amrun: 2/5
PeregrineV: 1/5
splitfarvl: 1/5

And thus Red Coyote was unceremoniously expelled from the salon, but not without warm farewells and exchanges of visiting cards.

As it happens,
Red Coyote was a goonish member of the Secret Society!

Nighty'night, I tuck you all in for bed.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 8:53 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Top of the morning, my courteous friends! My oh my, I left the doors unlocked and nothing is missing! Except our poor guest Glork, whom I have found tied up in the cellar in a cage, with the key down his throat. Never mind the faint grunting, if it gets loud, I'll get the chloroform. I wonder how could have done such a misdeed? Someone quite rude, I am sure!

Glork was a plain member of the Uninitiated,
and I don't expect he'll be back at all.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Shmugen
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 12:30 pm

Post by Shmugen »

My dear fellow guests, I am grateful to each and every one of you who came together to put RedCoyote away. Thank you for sticking to your guns. I come forth with a new request on a new day. GreyICE, despite his generally amiable manner, is a member of the Secret Society and must be purged with all the polite fire we have. Kindly accept my recommendation based upon the following gem:
In post 413, GreyICE wrote:
That's five, as they say. Committing four deliberately and then praying that you didn't garner one by accident that
we haven't cashed yet
... dangerous game.
Shmugen
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 12:33 pm

Post by Shmugen »

I thank you for the patience you will all hopefully show me as I note that I forgot to place a vote. Editing by way of a second post is a difficult thing to do gracefully today, I am forever indebted to our dear host for making it so. Kindly accept the aforementioned missing contribution.

Vote: GreyICE
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 436, Shmugen wrote:I thank you for the patience you will all hopefully show me as I note that I forgot to place a vote. Editing by way of a second post is a difficult thing to do gracefully today, I am forever indebted to our dear host for making it so. Kindly accept the aforementioned missing contribution.

Vote: GreyICE

Ahahahahahaha, you poor such-and-such. You got my post restriction from yesterday, didn't you? Ahahahahaha, sucks, doesn't it? I do sincerely apologize for mocking you, but it does my withered heart good to see others suffer in the same way I have.

Now then, with Lady Catherine being regrettably absent, I should point out to you that Grey was one of the leading pushers of the Coyote wagon.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Shmugen
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 12:55 pm

Post by Shmugen »

I am grateful to you, Kuribo, for that bit of schadenfreude. Kindly accept my thanks for nothing. I shall press on regardless.

You speak the truth, Grey did push RC's wagon very hard, but which do you value higher, a relational tell or a genuine slip? Look again at the bolded portion of that quote. 'We haven't cashed yet'. I gracefully request your input on the matter.
Macrophage
Macrophage
Goon
Macrophage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 2:13 pm

Post by Macrophage »

Oh my dear, words can not express my feeling of joy right at this moment. Thanks to our gracious hostess, I no longer have to continue with those grating apologies and have the most refined Miss Chesterfield in my service. Ah, Miss Chesterfield, a glass of red wine would do very nicely.

Oh, and I almost forgot. The lynch of RedCoyote was also rather elegant.

I believe the most interesting part of our discussion to read over is when RedCoyote became suspected to be one of
them
. Kuribo acknowledges the suspicion of RC and describes the wagon as "sexy", while still preferring a CCV lynch. His expression of this not very unlike what I would expect form one of
them

Meanwhile PeregrineV appears not to have noticed those somewhat unkindly asking for RC to be strung up. Choice behaves similar to PeregrineV. Amrun, upon so kindly replacing in, interestingly does not unvote RedCoyote. Perhaps feeling too uncomfortable to do this? Oh never mind, she does indeed change her vote a little later. We shall have to see whether her posting turns impolite.

Splitfarvle's post does not seem unlike throwing RedCoyote under the bus, as it were, especially considering his lack of original argument for lynching RedCoyote and his rather unrefined suggestion that should RC respond negatively to self-infraction, he should immediately be lynched. His peculiar lack of attempt to consider any other player indicates an uncharacteristic certainty that RedCoyote was indeed one of
them
. Additionally, consider his vote for RedCoyote after unvoting in response to his claim. It is appallingly over-explained and does not serve any purpose other than to justify his hop back onto the wagon, perhaps distancing himself further from RedCoyote in the process. Well, splitfarvle, I must say that you have not fooled me! I believe you are indeed one of
them

Ah, but I am afraid I have reached a hurdle. His proposition that he will self-infract rather obviously indicates certainty that RC is one of
them
, however would one of
them
really say something like this. I am considering the possibility of egotistical town, yet I would most appreciate the thoughts of others on this.

Ah, and here comes that unrefined Captain Corporal wagon. And PeregrineV's vote is perhaps the most unrefined of them all, as he still has failed to even mention RedCoyote.

VOTE: PeregrineV
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2012 1:48 am

Post by kuribo »

Alas, dear Lady Catherine is still not here. I hope she hasn't falln into London's Grand Bottomless Pit, which has claimed many of its tourists.

Schmu, I'm sorry, I just don't see that as a genuine slip. I think "we" referred to the town at large. Personally, I still like CC as the e buddy. He wasn't even voting while we ran RC up the flippin' flagpole, forcrying out loud!

Vote: Captain

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2012 3:01 am

Post by GreyICE »

I'd like to apologize to my dearest nobody special, but his play was terrible. Unbelievably, unutterably terrible. I won't go into too much detail about what annoyed me, but lemme just say that his last minute 'I might self-infract to death, do you really want me to do that, huh? Do you? Do you, punk?' was pretty much the last straw. I desperately wanted to see whether he would have been modkilled.

In retrospect I probably should have just have pseudo-day vigged him, but I didn't think of it at all at the time.

I cannot believe that we are going to repeat a wagon on our beloved Captain Corporal. Literally cannot. He was such an obvious counterwagon to dear RedCoyote that it's not even funny.

Vote: Dearest Amrun

Our suspicions on our beloved CandyCorn Vampire were well laid out, and as to dear Amrun, she was a primary pusher in the 'let us not lynch the town cop' and only returned to the wagon under extreme duress. Furthermore she pushed the lynch on dearest Captain when... Oh my god this post restriction I want to pitch my keyboard out a window.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2012 3:03 am

Post by GreyICE »

Right ho! Attention Duelists, I will not be referring to anybody by name today. I will instead use a description of their avatar. If you don't like this, well, you're not dealing with the restriction from the black lagoon.

Exception in votes obviously.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2012 3:07 am

Post by kuribo »

My apologies to Grey for having such a restrictive restriction. Kinda makes me want to change back to the screaming Negro fellow.

I keep forgetting that Amrun replaced CCV. Hm... I guess I could go back and read Coyote's iso, but it'll have to wait till I get home. Lady Catherine would assist me with this, though she is not here. I fear she may have been eaten by wild animals.

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2012 3:17 am

Post by GreyICE »

Anyway, lemme see.

The disturbing yellow happy face finding the lynch on a auburn dingo elegant when he didn't bother to vote for said auburn dingo even when asked to makes me highly suspicious of him. It's asking for town credit for a lynch that he wasn't even on. I find it particularly odd given this post:
In post 429, Macrophage wrote:Please note, dear friends, that I have had to forego my usual ritual of the wonderful green tea to say this.

Other than that, I was actually prepared for the ugly duckling to come out swinging for me today. I was suspecting the reason I didn't die was he didn't die, and that he'd use the suspicion to push me, and then go 'oh welp, GreyICE is town, guess that the scum were just lazy about submitting violations.' OTOH he's voting for the obvious counterwagon to Secret Society, and I literally cannot imagine that the obvious counterwagon to Secret Society is also Secret Society. What, did a wagon just miraculously materialize out of nowhere that just happened to land on someone who was ALSO Secret Society? And did then a strong supporter of the INNOCENCE of said target just happen to die overnight? Raise your hand if you think dearest Glork was shot by a vigilante. No hands? None? Good.

INFRACTION: 1/5
Last edited by DrippingGoofball on Wed May 16, 2012 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
splitfarvle
splitfarvle
Goon
splitfarvle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2012 4:11 am

Post by splitfarvle »

Well, it seems to me that Glork was an SS kill since he pushed hard for RC, and generally seemed uninitiated to me. I thought that if RC flipped SS then there wouldn't be a NK due to his pushing of the infraction mechanism. Reminds me of the twist in the play Party in my Pants where the party was actually in the jorts! Starring Robert Downey III, Glenn Farr, and Sir Willis Fuzzlebottom. A tour de force, and I recommend it heartily.

I don't think Amrun is SS at this time, CCV (now Amrun) was against RC's plan to report infractions. T-bone is a mason. Captain Corporal's posting history is horrible, but I think UberNinja was uninitiated.

While I reread and think, I want to note that Peregrine hasn't posted in nearly two weeks and his posts aren't inspiring much confidence in me.
VOTE: PeregrineV

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2012 6:11 am

Post by GreyICE »

Stick figure man.

I was the one pushing the infraction-lynch mechanic.

This is what the damn dingo thought of it:

In post 311, RedCoyote wrote:I do believe this attempt to usurp control over the greater reception is unnecessary, Lady UberNinja.
As intriguing as the idea of using infractions as a tool is, I simply think that it cannot and should not be done today.
As I've stated, we have too many players smarting over their earlier mistakes, some of which I have pointed out to the Hostess. I have since halted the practice after learning that many of the good among us are having such difficulties with the rules of propriety. I'm sorry for our losses (especially that of Miss. camn). I'm not sorry for pushing my ideas however, and I suspect I will consider similar aggression in days to come. Please allow me to express shock with Lord mykonian's flip and, consequently, turn my attention squarely to the gentleman that I feel has deliberately kept himself out of any serious debates, discussions, and otherwise substantial game-related conversations. I further recommend that all the newcomers follow my lead! Welcome all!

Vote: Nobody Special

You know what?

Vote: Dear SplitFarvle

This is just shoveling garbage at a mechanic that clearly breaks the game. Would you say the infraction-lynch mechanic is now quite clearly viable?

Because me? I would.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2012 6:46 am

Post by SpyreX »

Ahhh, it is nice to have a much more mellow PR today.

Vote: Amrun

How's your family these days Amrun? Doing well after the horrostorms?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2012 7:13 am

Post by IceGuy »

My dear players, I'd be interested from hearing from every single one of you. I would like to request a short statement from handsome Mr. TBone, beautiful Ms. Amrun, charming Mr. PeregrineV and, especially important, from our very own Mr. Captain Corporal. Do you have anything to say that needs to be said immediately, before a secret may harm proper gentlemen?

Also I'd like to ask the hostess-mod to note that Ms. UberNinja has been replaced by Mr. Captain Corporal.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon May 14, 2012 7:30 am

Post by GreyICE »

The peanut gallery would like to note our dearest T-Bone is confirmed town.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”