Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 9:13 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Vote: inte
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 10:04 am

Post by Ythan »

Vote Count

5 Mogri (TeChNoWC, BK201, Pine, petapan, noraaa) L-3
2 Nobody Special (inte, crypto)
1 petapan (Mogri)
1 Kairyuu (Matias)
1 inte (Nobody Special)
0 BK201
0 crypto
0 Hiraki
0 TeChNoWC
0 Matias
0 mb53
0 noraaa
0 Pine
0 UberNinja
0 Psyche

5 Not Voting (Kairyuu, Hiraki, mb53, UberNinja, Psyche)

8 to lynch
Deadline May 24th

Pine has been prodded.
Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 10:11 am

Post by Matias »

Unvote
to give Kairyuu time to catch up. Your predecessor is scummy but I want to hear what you have to say.
Formerly DemonHybrid. I play mafia extremely occasionally. I run the Song Contest. You can find me there.
My GTKAS
My old account
BK201
BK201
Mafia Scum
BK201
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 10:11 am

Post by BK201 »

In post 794, TeChNoWC wrote:
In post 793, Nobody Special wrote:I knew it wouldn't do any god.

noraaaaaaaa, nightless does not necessarily mean no night kill.

I think it's safer to assume there is no nightkill; another reason I would be assuming there is none is because of the probable presence of multiple mafia groups, meaning if EODK's (end of day kills :p) were in effect, then wouldn't there be multiple EODK's? and if so, what is the likelihood that multiple mafia groups forgot to EODK?

NS recent postings have given me townreads. At this stage I would be more hesitant to lynch him. Mogri bandwagon is a go.
How quick was the red lynch? If it was submitted during the day then I don't see why they would wait till the very end to do it, since like NS said they could have been snuck up on and missed their chance.

anyways, if you're town vote mogri.

p.s. NS you're in too many games since you're behind in all the ones you were in with me.
And the bells will ring when the blind lead the blind, Cause the dead can't testify - Billy Talent
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 10:24 am

Post by inte »

there is no night kill
the deadline was one day later, so scum would of had 13 days to submit it

nobody special gives in to pressure
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 10:38 am

Post by Nobody Special »

....what?

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 10:40 am

Post by Psyche »

NS, that is not enough and hardly proactive.
You can't step in the same river twice.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 12:05 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

In post 803, BK201 wrote:
In post 794, TeChNoWC wrote:
In post 793, Nobody Special wrote:I knew it wouldn't do any god.

noraaaaaaaa, nightless does not necessarily mean no night kill.

I think it's safer to assume there is no nightkill; another reason I would be assuming there is none is because of the probable presence of multiple mafia groups, meaning if EODK's (end of day kills :p) were in effect, then wouldn't there be multiple EODK's? and if so, what is the likelihood that multiple mafia groups forgot to EODK?

NS recent postings have given me townreads. At this stage I would be more hesitant to lynch him. Mogri bandwagon is a go.
How quick was the red lynch? If it was submitted during the day then I don't see why they would wait till the very end to do it, since like NS said they could have been snuck up on and missed their chance.

anyways, if you're town vote mogri.

p.s. NS you're in too many games since you're behind in all the ones you were in with me.

Agreed.
In post 806, Psyche wrote:NS, that is not enough and hardly proactive.

Agreed.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 12:47 pm

Post by Ythan »

In post 803, BK201 wrote:p.s. NS you're in too many games since you're behind in all the ones you were in with me.

Do not discuss another mod's game in my thread.
Mogri
Mogri
Goon
Mogri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 1:31 pm

Post by Mogri »

In post 803, BK201 wrote:anyways, if you're town vote mogri.

And if you're scum, vote BK. Brilliant!
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 5:57 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

It appears as though my plans for today went out the window. People decided to appear at my house, and fun times ensued. I regret nothing.

Looks like I'm going back to my old standby of half reading as quickly as possible and writing up a SoC post as I go. Expect it in an hour or two, followed by nothing until Monday (mother's day tomorrow and all).
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 7:11 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

In post 78, mb53 wrote:
In post 25, Pine wrote:
In post 21, crypto wrote:
In post 20, Pine wrote:
Policy Lynch Vote: crypto

Yarly
You're not going to get that so you should probably not use it as an excuse to contribute absolutely nothing for the duration of the day/game.

This is the kind of ad hom attack that I dislike. You call one post within an hour or so of thread opening "dong nothing for the duration etc". It's bullshit and personally offensive.

[image removed]
--
I don't think red is scum, I think he's just an idiot.

Depending on how things go from here, this could very well be an early attempt at distancing. It's a line I'm personally fond of as scum. "Nothing you've said REALLY matters, because that guy/girl is just dumb, not ACTUALLY scummy." Lovely way of discounting a legitimate case without having to refute anything. That said, while I know red dies and flips scum, at this point he's got like . . . 2 votes or something, so this would be an attempt to head off a wagon attempt, if anything.

I like post 88 by Matias. First legitimate attempt at a case on redFF, and the reasoning is solid.

noraaa, from her first few posts, amuses me to no end. Reminds me of myself when I was new and convinced that lots of things happening in a few hours was a good thing. Not saying it's a bad thing, but I wish I had that kind of time on my hands nowadays.

inte wrote:I'm a gut player

The above is one of the most annoying things to run into in a game. It effectively says that the player saying it is too good for silly things like "cases" and "logic" and instead relies almost entirely on how he/she FEELS about players. It's also a really nice way for scum to avoid explaining reasoning. Noting this for potential trends.

crypto wrote:Wow, Inte is incredibly annoying.

I find myself agreeing with this.

I just had to suppress a snicker at my predecessor's first post. I don't think a single question was asked that was not either already answered or BLATANTLY obvious. This, my friends, is why reading is tech.

Hooray. Apparently I (pre-replacement) find Matias scummy for the exact same reason that I also like him. Good to have replaced someone who has no concept of what scum DO.

Alrighty. Three whole interesting posts in a row. I would LOVE to hear BBmolla's reasoning for 117, but I just noticed he was replaced. Bleh. BK201's 118 is hilarious. noraaa is pretty obviously town at this point, and as BK's FIRST post in the game, he votes her for "posting for the sake of posting." Perhaps consider the fact that scum are FAR more likely to slip up and get caught if they talk too much, potentially revealing information they shouldn't know. In addition, consider the fact that town is more likely to just "post for the sake of posting" in order to make sure they make their thought process as transparent as possible.

In post 119, redFF wrote:I'm gonna go ahead and say this game is mountainous.

THIS RIGHT HERE IS INSTANT LYNCH MATERIAL. HOW DID IT TAKE SO LONG TO GET RID OF THIS GUY?!

Do I have to spell it out? If he is town, and the game is mountainous, he is a vanilla townie. Therefore, the ONLY information he has is that this is a Nightless game and that HE PERSONALLY does not have an ability. This is not even REMOTELY CLOSE to enough information to extrapolate that there is no power whatsoever in play. On the other hand, if he's scum, specifically a goon, and if the rest of his scumteam is ALSO comprised of goons, and is not too overly large to make up for lack of scum power, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to think that the town also lacks power. I'd better see some SERIOUS wagoning going on in the next few pages, or I'm going to be displeased.

I think I'm just going to stop reading my predecessor's posts. Clearly I can't trust the reads of a person who, while I know that he's town because I happen to BE him, ISN'T FUCKING READING THE THREAD. Surprised that thus far he's only got one vote tbh.

noraaa, why are you so awesome? Like, you're practically DRIPPING town thought-process.

BBmolla caught the GIGANTIC RED FLAG. Good for him.

BK201 is reaching SO HARD to justify his noraaa shitvote.

Pine pisses me off. I can't really place why, but his 149 makes me want to poke him with something sharp. Might have something to do with pursuing a pointless question against my predecessor while writing off the ENTIRE GAME up to that point as being useless fluff. There is literally NO content in the post whatsoever. I don't like it.

I'm really having a hard time understanding why people are reacting so oddly to clear tells in one direction or another. BBmolla yells at Pine for being dumb and NS votes him for apparently being legitimately scummy due to this. Do not like that out of NS. Must watch him closer. BBmolla looks genuine.

inte wrote:@crypto people who change votes way too much bother me, you're probably going be stuck as a scumread most of the game because of it

DINGDINGDINGDING WE HAVE A WINNER. This is pretty much enough for a vote in and of itself (though not at the time, with confirmed caught scum to lynch). It clearly implies that inte intends to find crypto suspicious REGARDLESS OF ANYTHING except that he "doesn't like people who change their votes frequently." As in, he's going to call crypto scummy and be willing to vote him for something that is in no way indicative of alignment because he DOESNT LIKE IT.

vote: inte

That may change depending on how the rest of the read goes, but at least for now I like it.

Seems I may have been wrong about red's comment being obvscum. Hooray for not knowing mod meta. I will acknowledge that it probably wouldn't have struck me as so blatantly scummy if I had known that Ythan has modded 2 nightless normals recently and both have been mountainous.

Benchmark: Just finished page 10. Took rather longer than expected, as there was plenty to comment on. Will continue later (tomorrow night or, more likely, monday sometime).
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 7:15 pm

Post by Psyche »

Well Kairyuu's entertaining.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 7:18 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

In post 812, Psyche wrote:Well Kairyuu's entertaining.

LIES AND SCANDAL

In other news, writing that last post felt WAY better than it had any right to. It's been FAR too long since I last played.
Mogri
Mogri
Goon
Mogri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 7:38 pm

Post by Mogri »

In post 811, Kairyuu wrote:Do I have to spell it out? If he is town, and the game is mountainous, he is a vanilla townie. Therefore, the ONLY information he has is that this is a Nightless game and that HE PERSONALLY does not have an ability. This is not even REMOTELY CLOSE to enough information to extrapolate that there is no power whatsoever in play. On the other hand, if he's scum, specifically a goon, and if the rest of his scumteam is ALSO comprised of goons, and is not too overly large to make up for lack of scum power, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to think that the town also lacks power. I'd better see some SERIOUS wagoning going on in the next few pages, or I'm going to be displeased.

This is exactly what I said, and then people tried to lynch me for it. (Although to be fair, you used a lot more words.)
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 8:08 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

@Mogri: To be fair, as soon as I had knowledge of mod meta lending itself towards the idea that the game was mountainous I pretty much abandoned the bit you quoted. A history of mountainous Nightless normal games does not ASSURE us that this is the same, but it's not too much of a stretch.

That said, I took the liberty of viewing you in iso, since I believe you appeared at the tail end of the section I read tonight, and I've determined that unless I missed something glaring, the wagon against you is probably shit. I can count two minor points against you, and one of them isn't even indicative of alignment. So yeah, I'm going to have to pay extra special close attention to how your wagon develops.

In other news, as I'm relatively certain that you've been keeping up with the game, I'd like the synopsis I requested in my first post.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 10:33 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

In post 815, Kairyuu wrote:@Mogri: To be fair, as soon as I had knowledge of mod meta lending itself towards the idea that the game was mountainous I pretty much abandoned the bit you quoted. A history of mountainous Nightless normal games does not ASSURE us that this is the same, but it's not too much of a stretch.

That said, I took the liberty of viewing you in iso, since I believe you appeared at the tail end of the section I read tonight, and I've determined that unless I missed something glaring, the wagon against you is probably shit. I can count two minor points against you, and one of them isn't even indicative of alignment. So yeah, I'm going to have to pay extra special close attention to how your wagon develops.

In other news, as I'm relatively certain that you've been keeping up with the game, I'd like the synopsis I requested in my first post.

Look through much of my postings if you want a third party synopsis. Hopefully it might help, to a degree.

Any other reasons for voting inte? His recent postings seem somewhat 'townish'. You have any leads on why conceding to a Mogri lynch would be a bad idea? Is there any indication he is town, in your reads?
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2012 10:42 pm

Post by UberNinja »

In post 784, Nobody Special wrote:Why is inte STILL totally voteless??
+
In post 784, Nobody Special wrote:Who should I vote?
+
In post 795, UberNinja wrote:+1 for Nobody Special complaining that inte is totally voteless, but then asking everyone else who he should vote.
+
In post 800, Nobody Special wrote:

=

+1 for Nobody Special voting inte, but only after I called him out for not voting inte.
Vote: Nobody Special
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2012 2:09 am

Post by Pine »

I should really be VLA during finals week. Prodded
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2012 6:54 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 818, Pine wrote:I should really be VLA during finals week. Prodded

Yeah, me too. :S
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2012 7:34 am

Post by inte »

huge scum tell alert
Show

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2012 7:40 am

Post by Nobody Special »

....what?

Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2012 9:04 am

Post by Kairyuu »

In post 816, TeChNoWC wrote:
In post 815, Kairyuu wrote:@Mogri: To be fair, as soon as I had knowledge of mod meta lending itself towards the idea that the game was mountainous I pretty much abandoned the bit you quoted. A history of mountainous Nightless normal games does not ASSURE us that this is the same, but it's not too much of a stretch.

Look through much of my postings if you want a third party synopsis. Hopefully it might help, to a degree.

Any other reasons for voting inte? His recent postings seem somewhat 'townish'. You have any leads on why conceding to a Mogri lynch would be a bad idea? Is there any indication he is town, in your reads?

If you'd like to provide a single post, brief synopsis of the game from YOUR perspective, you may feel free. I did, after all, request that one person who is not being voted do so. I'm not going to treat an iso of you as that synopsis. That would just be silly.

(Disclaimer: The following paragraph is written entirely based on the first 10 pages of the game and should not be considered a full or final case by any means)My reasons for voting inte at this point are pretty well summed up in my first big post. To summarize, he comes out of the gate calling himself a "gut player" which is a minor tell in my book due to the fact that if unchallenged it allows him to go after pretty much whoever he wants with little to no explanation. On top of that, he dodges questions, blatantly refuses to elaborate on things he says, and we have the lovely declaration that he's willing to push for the lynch of someone purely because he dislikes the way they move their vote more than he thinks is necessary. Explanation for why that's scummy can be found in the post where I mentioned it first.

I'm not completely sold on lynching inte at this exact moment, but unless the remaining 2/3 of the game have him dramatically changing or someone else becoming an even larger suspect, I see no reason not to be voting him, and will be pushing for his lynch.

I like how you call lynching Mogri "conceding" to his lynch. As for indication that he's town, I believe I made that more than clear in the post you quoted. I went through his iso. His posting is decent. The only point AGAINST him I was able to find is that he cared about how switching his vote at one point would affect his image. But still, that's minor and the rest of his posting in isolation looks pretty good. He's kept a cool head and continued scumhunting while under pressure and at no point has he resorted to shit flinging, attempts to distract from his lynch, or any classic scum methods of eliminating suspicion. Not that I know why he was under suspicion in the first place, but I'll get to that when I can. All in all, he looks like pretty clear cut town to me, and if the rest of my read doesn't change my mind, I will be fighting against his lynch.

Note: This post was written in the small amount of free time I have today. It's unlikely that I will be able to post anything else until at least late tonight, but much more likely sometime tomorrow.
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2012 9:07 am

Post by inte »

In post 791, Nobody Special wrote:Well, to me, "nightless" means that all night actions must be in to the mod prior to the day-ending lynch.

Therefore, it was possible that the lynch snuck up on mafia(s) early preventing them from killing.
This won't do any good, but:

@Mod: Does the mafia (however many there may be) have a factional night kill?

btw "instant night" and "nightless" are two different things

don't confuse people
Show

noraaa
noraaa
Goon
noraaa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Sun May 13, 2012 9:16 am

Post by noraaa »

Wow.

Kay I'm back from camping in the woodsies.

Kairryuu you're fucking adorable and totally reconfirmed my belief that Blondie was just a really newb version of me.. Which means that someday I might turn into you which sounds cool.

You said you don't get behind the Mogri action.. I am too tired right now to put it in words really well, but after my last iso of Mogri, if I recall why I picked him over red.. he seemed to be saying a lot of stuff that didn't add up, or that he didn't pursue except superficially, and his emotion level changed a lot imo from "somewhat gung ho" to "fuck it whatever" to "but he did it too". At that point his iso just felt more "dirty" than red's. But, I haven't looked at the game in two days and I'm tired as shit, so everyone is kind of blending together right now. Your post directly contradicts that sentiment about Mogri, and I'm highly inclined to rethink my stance.. after I take a nap and get a fresh head I would like to look back over him.

Mogri, I'd like to see you dig deeper.

Honestly I have like five players that I'm just wondering if they're tagging off cause you never see them at the same time but they're all playing about the same. And either they're all kinda bad at scum or they're just not invested in this game. Which could be either. I'm honestly more wary of the highly competent players because they're harder to catch when scum.

NS I can't get a handle on because he has the tiniest snippets where he almost plays right and I want so badly to hold onto that but.. I can't excuse the rest of it. I feel like he either is barely reading or he tries to twist things he reads, and then (mostly) ignores replies that call him on it.

And yeah, a lot of people have been really skating this game. :<
Engineers accepted the word “planetary” in its epicyclic sense, but I was always conscious that it also meant “wandering,” “erratic.”

Compassion, Common Sense, and Context should always go together.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”