UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 6:07 pm

Post by UberNinja »

I think my "thinking" has been made pretty clear so far.
noraaa
noraaa
Goon
noraaa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 6:34 pm

Post by noraaa »

Psyche, I think it's clear (lol) that you're struggling to be understood. I struggle with that similarly, and with you in particular.. I think we hit walls because we think in different styles.

HOWever. You can replace the word feeling with whatever appropriate similar word would make it better for you. What I'm trying to say basically is that throughout this game, you have voted for very poor reasons (if stated). It seemed that if someone said Hey Psyche, vote this guy or Hey Psyche, vote someone randomly right this second, you would do it. And that doesn't sit well with me. You don't seem to make most of your votes for reasons that MATTER to YOU and I don't think a lazy townsman would make that kind of judgement call.
Engineers accepted the word “planetary” in its epicyclic sense, but I was always conscious that it also meant “wandering,” “erratic.”

Compassion, Common Sense, and Context should always go together.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 6:41 pm

Post by Ythan »

Vote Count

2 Psyche (Pine, UberNinja) L-5
1 inte (CF Riot)
1 UberNinja (Psyche)
0 petapan
0 BK201
0 Kairyuu
0 crypto
0 Hiraki
0 Matias
0 CF Riot
0 noraaa
0 Pine

8 Not Voting (petapan, BK201, Kairyuu, crypto, Hiraki, inte, Matias, noraaa)

7 to lynch
Deadline June 4th
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 6:45 pm

Post by UberNinja »

noraaa, you sound like scum coaching town. and this isn't the first time i've thought this about you.
as a matter of fact, psyche's recent posting has actually made me think he's town.

actually, now that I look back, you've been on every lynch EXCEPT the time we lynched scum, when you were pushing a counter-wagon. you've hopped back and forth a lot, but so far every wagon you've been on was town, and you conspicuously avoided the redFF lynch and pushed Mogri instead.

you also seem to have this "smug because nobody suspects me" attitude which I don't like one damn bit.

so I'm going to do the unexpected and
vote: noraaa
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 6:46 pm

Post by UberNinja »

Unvote; Vote: noraaa
if an unvote is necessary
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 7:06 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1351, noraaa wrote:Psyche, I think it's clear (lol) that you're struggling to be understood. I struggle with that similarly, and with you in particular.. I think we hit walls because we think in different styles.

HOWever. You can replace the word feeling with whatever appropriate similar word would make it better for you. What I'm trying to say basically is that throughout this game, you have voted for very poor reasons (if stated). It seemed that if someone said Hey Psyche, vote this guy or Hey Psyche, vote someone randomly right this second, you would do it. And that doesn't sit well with me. You don't seem to make most of your votes for reasons that MATTER to YOU and I don't think a lazy townsman would make that kind of judgement call.

O.o

I voted for BBMolla after making a wallpost case on it.

Redff I voted because of a coming deadline.

Tech stinkin' claimed scum before I voted him.

My mogri vote couldn't be developed because of the reasoning behind it.

And then we have today where I admit my generalized uncertainty.

I think that minimally, even as a lazy ass, I might work to do things like ensure that the day doesn't end in a no lynch, vote for players who claim scum, and give at least some input into the game.

I did exactly what a lazy player who still wanted to be IN the game would do.
You can't step in the same river twice.
noraaa
noraaa
Goon
noraaa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 7:30 pm

Post by noraaa »

I don't coach anyone. I explain my line of thinking.

Vote me if you will, it won't get you anywhere good. I understand as a game you have to go with your gut but. idk what to tell you. This is how I play. Open and transparent.

I think it's weird that you think I'm smug. You have my attitude all wrong. I'm not that kind of personality at all.

Going to bed.
Engineers accepted the word “planetary” in its epicyclic sense, but I was always conscious that it also meant “wandering,” “erratic.”

noraaa
noraaa
Goon
noraaa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 7:31 pm

Post by noraaa »

Also how am I coaching him exactly? I'm struggling to get him to stop saying the same thing over and over about what I reply to him when I rephrase it in as many different contexts as I can imagine hoping he'll finally get what I mean and stop pressing the same exact phrase on me over and over.

noraaa
noraaa
Goon
noraaa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 7:33 pm

Post by noraaa »

i stand by my reasoning at the time I voted for each person I voted for.

noraaa
noraaa
Goon
noraaa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 7:37 pm

Post by noraaa »

In post 1353, UberNinja wrote:actually, now that I look back, you've been on every lynch EXCEPT the time we lynched scum, when you were pushing a counter-wagon. you've hopped back and forth a lot, but so far every wagon you've been on was town, and you conspicuously avoided the redFF lynch and pushed Mogri instead.

Also, not true.

I was against redff, but not sold. When told to put up or shut up against him and Mogri, I chose Mogri in iso.

techno was self explanatory and YOU VOTED HIM TOO.

Mogri's death was.. oh yeah I wasn't on that wagon was I.

Ns.. well we both pushed him from day one so.

Where does that leave you?

-really going to bed-

noraaa
noraaa
Goon
noraaa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 7:44 pm

Post by noraaa »

In post 1355, Psyche wrote:
In post 1351, noraaa wrote:Psyche, I think it's clear (lol) that you're struggling to be understood. I struggle with that similarly, and with you in particular.. I think we hit walls because we think in different styles.

O.o

I think that minimally, even as a lazy ass, I might work to do things like ensure that the day doesn't end in a no lynch, vote for players who claim scum, and give at least some input into the game.

I lied. Bed after this.

Game won't end in a nolynch and you should be well aware of that.
Voting because of a deadline when you HAVEN'T READ is not really optimal play. If I hadn't read I would say so and catch up before voting unless it was within 5 hours but hey that's me.

Techno you're right, he did claim scum and looked shifty as fuck, but you basically seemed to say "oh fuck they want me to vote and he's throwing it at me ok sure" and I really never got the feeling that you did much thinking about it beyond that. Nor with your hammer of red. "oh shit ok I'll hammer if you want me to"

No clue what you're saying about Mogri.

Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Mon May 21, 2012 10:18 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Vote: Psyche
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2012 12:02 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 1360, noraaa wrote:
In post 1355, Psyche wrote:

O.o

I lied. Bed after this.

Game won't end in a nolynch and you should be well aware of that.
Voting because of a deadline when you HAVEN'T READ is not really optimal play. If I hadn't read I would say so and catch up before voting unless it was within 5 hours but hey that's me.

Techno you're right, he did claim scum and looked shifty as fuck, but you basically seemed to say "oh fuck they want me to vote and he's throwing it at me ok sure" and I really never got the feeling that you did much thinking about it beyond that. Nor with your hammer of red. "oh shit ok I'll hammer if you want me to"

No clue what you're saying about Mogri.

Okay, we seem to be reading different threads. You have your facts wrong.

I
had
read the thread when I voted for redff. I did not hammer red; someone else did.

And no, I did not do much thinking beyond, "Okay, I don't need to read the thread; he just claimed scum." That's not what lazy people do — lazy people look for shortcuts. I didn't vote him because players wanted me to – I haven't done that once this game.

UN's vote on noraaa also reads as shifty. Hiraki's for me has no content or reasoning for it, so I'll just call it dumb.
noraaa
noraaa
Goon
noraaa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2012 2:39 am

Post by noraaa »

Ungh I keep forgetting there were two votes after you, fuck. My assessment of the weirdness of you voting seeminglyjust because still stands, that was how I felt at the time. And deadlines mean squat in this game. I'm sick of talking about the same thing over and over so let's just agree to disagree about how we saw your voting.

I should combine thoughts more when I'm tired but the thoughts come in waves and I don't want to hold the thread up wondering if I might consider something else in a few more minutes.

inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2012 2:42 am

Post by inte »

In post 0, Ythan wrote:
3 Each day will have a deadline of two weeks. If a majority is not reached by that time the player with the most votes will be lynched. In the event of a tie it will be the player who got there first.
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2012 4:30 am

Post by inte »

In post 1354, UberNinja wrote:
Unvote; Vote: noraaa
if an unvote is necessary

bro, no

Hiraki wrote:
Vote: Psyche

this is the way to go

VOTE: Psyche
Show

UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2012 4:44 am

Post by UberNinja »

I vote noraaa....

noraaa posts 5 times in a row...

"I'm going to bed"
*doesn't go to bed*
*posts again*
etc.

Yeah, somebody's nervous.
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2012 4:51 am

Post by inte »

In post 1366, UberNinja wrote:I vote noraaa....

noraaa posts 5 times in a row...

"I'm going to bed"
*doesn't go to bed*
*posts again*
etc.

Yeah, somebody's nervous.

no buddy, i do the same thing when i'm frustrated
Show

UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2012 5:15 am

Post by UberNinja »

You and I certainly have different methods of interpretation.

Why the defense of noraaa?
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2012 5:33 am

Post by inte »

In post 1368, UberNinja wrote:You and I certainly have different methods of interpretation.

Why the defense of noraaa?

cause it aint a scumtell, at least for me

it certaintly doesn't look like shes flailing, just attempting to articulate her thoughts
Show

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2012 6:53 am

Post by Pine »

I could see Noraaa scum
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2012 7:54 am

Post by CF Riot »

In post 1345, Psyche wrote:
Two things —
1. Do you reallynthink I voted for UN just because I'm distressed that he voted for me?
2. If so, why do you find this notable?
I get that UN didn't expressly write out his reason for voting you when you asked for it, so I'm sure that's what you're justifying your vote with in your head. However I feel like because UN had expressed suspicion of you earlier in the game, and because he mentioned agreeing with Pine, that his vote is not devoid of any reasons and you are smart enough to realize this. So that means either town-Psyche let his emotions outweigh his rational judgement, thus OMGUS, or scum-Psyche OMGUSed for basically the same reason with the added detail of scum are more likely to use weak reasoning to vote someone than town because town can always vote for the person they think is scummiest, while sometimes the scummiest people are other scum's teammates.

Hiraki is just straight up ignoring me. I'm tired of asking. Someone else besides me take note of this though.

In post 1363, noraaa wrote:My assessment of the weirdness of [Psyche] voting seemingly just because still stands, that was how I felt at the time.
Nora, do you not get this same impression from Inte, BK, and/or Pine?
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2012 8:22 am

Post by UberNinja »

In post 1370, Pine wrote:I could see Noraaa scum

Do elaborate.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2012 9:39 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 1363, noraaa wrote:Ungh I keep forgetting there were two votes after you, fuck. My assessment of the weirdness of you voting seeminglyjust because still stands, that was how I felt at the time. And deadlines mean squat in this game. I'm sick of talking about the same thing over and over so let's just agree to disagree about how we saw your voting.

I should combine thoughts more when I'm tired but the thoughts come in waves and I don't want to hold the thread up wondering if I might consider something else in a few more minutes.

I'll agree with you that your vote is groundless and thus subject to as much criticism as a favorite ice cream flavor.

In post 1371, CF Riot wrote:
In post 1345, Psyche wrote:
Two things —
1. Do you reallynthink I voted for UN just because I'm distressed that he voted for me?
2. If so, why do you find this notable?
I get that UN didn't expressly write out his reason for voting you when you asked for it, so I'm sure that's what you're justifying your vote with in your head. However I feel like because UN had expressed suspicion of you earlier in the game, and because he mentioned agreeing with Pine, that his vote is not devoid of any reasons and you are smart enough to realize this. So that means either town-Psyche let his emotions outweigh his rational judgement, thus OMGUS, or scum-Psyche OMGUSed for basically the same reason with the added detail of scum are more likely to use weak reasoning to vote someone than town because town can always vote for the person they think is scummiest, while sometimes the scummiest people are other scum's teammates.

Hiraki is just straight up ignoring me. I'm tired of asking. Someone else besides me take note of this though.

In post 1363, noraaa wrote:My assessment of the weirdness of [Psyche] voting seemingly just because still stands, that was how I felt at the time.
Nora, do you not get this same impression from Inte, BK, and/or Pine?

I recently noted that I had no strong scum reads. Don't you think that might make me more willing to shift my vote under moderately scummy circumstances?

Besides, UN, despite all his talk, truly never did justify his vote that I haven't sufficiently derided. For example, to justify his vote by Pine's reasoning, he'd have to explain why my defense against his reasoning was insufficient.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2012 10:05 am

Post by CF Riot »

So why aren't you voting Pine instead of Uber? Or Hiraki? Or Inte?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”