Politics Mafia: Filled! (Still accepting replacements)

For archiving signup threads after their corresponding games are complete.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue May 22, 2012 9:37 pm

Post by TeChNoWC »

In post 159, Majiffy wrote:I'm really hoping this game is really close to actual political setups... because I'm a political junkie.

Also, when will this game start?! Raaaah!

(For the record, for those who wish to know; I'm incredibly socially conservative, economically liberal, and politically liberal. If you don't understand the difference between those three distinctions, lets talk!)

Good! because I'm economically conservative and socially liberal while extremely conservative (BNW example) and I'm of a communist persuasion that votes liberal. LOL!
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed May 23, 2012 11:40 am

Post by Haylen »

Role PM's will be out tomorrow, guys. Since Jordan hasn't modded since 2007, he didn't realise role pm's needed to be written BEFORE the game began - obviously I joined in 09 and thought the rules had always been the same.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed May 23, 2012 2:16 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

In post 151, RayFrost wrote:Pretty good, actually. Graduated from college, been working as an english teacher + getting fluent in Japanese.

You?

Busy with work and other life crap. :P
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed May 23, 2012 2:46 pm

Post by Amrun »

I'm going to back /in to replace
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed May 23, 2012 4:21 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 178, Amrun wrote:I'm going to back /in to replace

YAY!!!!

Some on explain British politics to me, is there any difference in the political system from across the pond?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed May 23, 2012 5:22 pm

Post by Amrun »

Yes, a lot.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed May 23, 2012 5:24 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

So whats different?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Phillammon
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed May 23, 2012 7:20 pm

Post by Phillammon »

The means through which we elect is as follows, if I remember correctly: We have a large(ish) number of constituencies. Each of these constituencies, in the general election, elects a representative MP. These MPs come from a number of parties, rather than being a 2 party system. The representatives then get the right to a seat in the house of commons (I think?).
A government can be formed by either the party which has a majority of constituencies, or as a coalition by a number of parties, as we have at the moment, if no party has a majority. The party with the most constituencies gets to have first shot at forming a government.
Current Losing Streak: 4 (record: 9)
Probable record holder for most games played on site before managing to win one!
Phillammon
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Phillammon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed May 23, 2012 7:23 pm

Post by Phillammon »

Laws have to be approved in three stages. First, there is the house of commons, where elected MPs are, who have to create and think up the law. If they vote favourably on it, it is passed to the house of lords, in which titles are hereditary, and they vote on it too. If they vote unfavourably, it is sent back. If they vote for it, it is passed to the Queen. The queen has the power of veto at this point, but generally, doing so will end your reign. She hasn't exercised power of veto yet; no monarch has in a long time.
Current Losing Streak: 4 (record: 9)
Probable record holder for most games played on site before managing to win one!
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 12:04 am

Post by TeChNoWC »

Biggest difference between the English system and the American republic in terms of election is that parties elect their leaders, not the public.

Just as an interesting note about the Queen being able to veto, the Australian consitutional monarchy, which is (I think) a similar system to the English form of government, is that the Queen can also override, or sack an Australian party from office. She does it through an Australian representative, and this did happen some 30 years ago.
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 3:32 am

Post by ZeekLTK »

I don't understand how this is taking so long to start. You created the thread on April 21 - over a month ago. How were all the roles not finalized enough to be able to easily get them sent out once it filled? :/
Tigers ate my signature.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 3:34 am

Post by TeChNoWC »

In post 185, ZeekLTK wrote:I don't understand how this is taking so long to start. You created the thread on April 21 - over a month ago. How were all the roles not finalized enough to be able to easily get them sent out once it filled? :/

Explanation is in post #176
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 6:37 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 161, vijay2vasandani wrote:So no guns, capitalism and gay marriage? XD

Basically anarchism with only the bare necessity of government control. Complete laissez-faire attitude. So guns are completely allowed, capitalism is largely unregulated, and you can hump whomever you wish...

To make it easier to understand;
Somewhere between Civil Rights Lovefest, Anarchism, and Capitalizt

In post 175, TeChNoWC wrote:Good! because I'm economically conservative and socially liberal while extremely conservative (BNW example) and I'm of a communist persuasion that votes liberal. LOL!

I WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO SAP AND IMPURIFY OUR PRECIOUS BODILY FLUIDS!
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 11:21 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 186, TeChNoWC wrote:
In post 185, ZeekLTK wrote:I don't understand how this is taking so long to start. You created the thread on April 21 - over a month ago. How were all the roles not finalized enough to be able to easily get them sent out once it filled? :/

Explanation is in post #176

Those aren't good explanations. This game has been filled for 14 days now, and it's sounding more and more like a bad idea tbh. The chances that this will be a smoothly run game with lots of enthousiastic players drop by the day.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
mafia-n00b
mafia-n00b
Mafia Scum
mafia-n00b
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 11:33 am

Post by mafia-n00b »

mykonian, roles are supposed to be going out today... if we don't get roles by tomorrow, then it's time to worry. For now, let's give it a chance.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 12:20 pm

Post by Junpei »

In post 188, mykonian wrote:Those aren't good explanations. This game has been filled for 14 days now, and it's sounding more and more like a bad idea tbh. The chances that this will be a smoothly run game with lots of enthousiastic players drop by the day.

Someone who is running a 50p game which I can guarantee I can tear apart from a balance standpoint postgame (I know nothing of the setup right now, but it's 50p) shouldn't critique JordanA24 for how he is crafting his game.

I believe in jordan, it IS finals time after all. I wouldn't expect him to push school of the ledge for this. We, the PLAYERS, don't mind waiting an extra week or two for something which will last months.

Like seriously, I can't believe you're criticizing this games' ability to be run smoothly and have an active and strong playerlist when you're modding the game you're modding.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 1:31 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I don't understand why a player that's not in this game is criticizing Jordan. -500 cool points for you, mykonian.

Speak for yourself, Jun. While I'm not mad @ Jordan/Haylen [and I certainly understand], I do wish this game would have been started by now and I'm pretty confused as to how this game was approved without written role pms. Or maybe its only normal games that have to have them.

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 3:13 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 190, Junpei wrote:Someone who is running a 50p game which I can guarantee I can tear apart from a balance standpoint postgame (I know nothing of the setup right now, but it's 50p

This is one of the most stupid and assholeish things I have ever read on this site. Congrats.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 3:38 pm

Post by Junpei »

In post 188, mykonian wrote:it's sounding more and more like a bad idea tbh. The chances that this will be a smoothly run game with lots of enthousiastic players drop by the day.

This is one of the most assholeish things I'VE ever read.

Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 3:39 pm

Post by Junpei »

Oups, it's also one of the most stupid things I've ever read, on this site, that is.

mafia-n00b
mafia-n00b
Mafia Scum
mafia-n00b
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 3:43 pm

Post by mafia-n00b »

... and then everyone got along like happy fluffy bunnies and we all sang songs under a rainbow. The end.

JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 4:04 pm

Post by JordanA24 »

Alright, everybody now has their Role PM's :] some haven't got their flavour yet, I shall supplement their roles with that flavour when I get the chance to write it. I decided it'd be better to start the game as soon as possible rather than have everyone wait for my time to free up properly for me to write that amount of flavour for all 35 roles.

The thread will go up tomorrow, I just need to write the Opening Scene, and the rules, that hopefully shouldn't take too long, we'll get everyone confirmed, and, hopefully we'll have a game on our hands :D
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Post by Amrun »

FYI - Junpei, balancing a 50 player game isn't even hard.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 4:28 pm

Post by glowball »

I think Junpei had good intentions he justed expressed them incorrectly. I mean mykonian came in here for no reason but to criticize a game he's not even participating in. While I would have just ignored it I see where Junpei was coming from even he didn't convey that properly.
David Xanatos
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
David Xanatos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu May 24, 2012 5:08 pm

Post by David Xanatos »

When's the topic going to be opened for the actual game? (If it's open and I've missed it, I feel like an idiot. :P)
~ David Xanatos ~

It really was all part of my plan...
izakthegoomba
*Falls to the ground at Xanatos' feet, chanting "we are not worthy"*

Return to “Completed Signups”