NY 151: Playground Mafia (Game Over-Mafia Win!)

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #2325 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2012 2:19 pm

Post by Psyche »

I don't think tortoises are lazy...they're just rather slow.

You'll get my reads on Monday and no sooner.
You can't step in the same river twice.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2326 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2012 8:13 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

Vote Count 3-5

(as of Post 2325)

Fallman7 (6)
- redFF, HezLucky, Lady Lambdadelta, OhGodMyLife, StrangerCoug, Benmage
kdowns (3)
- Fallman7, mastin2, Code_X
FakeGod (3)
- The Mini-Librarian, Nero Cain, Maxous
OhGodMyLife (1)
- DeasVail
Nero Cain (1)
- FakeGod

Not Voting (4)
- kdowns, maxwell, Psyche, andrew94

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch

Deadline:
Friday, June 1, 2012 4pm CDT

Replacing:

No one

Prods:

kdowns

V/LAs:

The Mini-LibrarianMay 28
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2327 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2012 8:44 pm

Post by maxwell »

In post 2303, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Holy Fuck I'm not doing this deadline lynch bullshit again.

Junpei was scum.

Fallman CLAIMED SCUM IN HIS FIRST POST. THAT POST ONLY HAS SCUM MOTIVATION. SURVIVALISM IS A SCUM MOTIVATED PLAY.

HE DIDN'T SAY "LET ME SCUM HUNT". HE EXPLICTLY SAID HE WOULDN'T!

WE ARE LYNCHING FALLMAN TODAY. I WON'T LET SCUM DERAIL THIS LYNCH!

He's pretty blatantly a dumb newbie and you're driving this way too hard on far too simplistic terms.

In post 2307, Nero Cain wrote:You think the slot is town but you'd support the lynch?!?

Bad wording on my part. I don't support the lynch but it is one of the leading wagons. I suppose I'd support it over no-lynching or lynching myself, but that's it.

In post 2320, Code_X wrote:Shottyiszik/Maxwell - Useless. Maxwell what about the rest of us? Why you isolating yourself to three nobodies.

Are you dense? I specifically said I've only read part of the thread right now and felt it was most pertinent to comment on the leading wagons. I have reads, but they're all gut from the last few pages and I don't have enough information right now to post an independent case, so would you rather I just lurk until I'm up to speed?
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #2328 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2012 8:54 pm

Post by HezLucky »

In post 2327, maxwell wrote:
In post 2303, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Holy Fuck I'm not doing this deadline lynch bullshit again.

Junpei was scum.

Fallman CLAIMED SCUM IN HIS FIRST POST. THAT POST ONLY HAS SCUM MOTIVATION. SURVIVALISM IS A SCUM MOTIVATED PLAY.

HE DIDN'T SAY "LET ME SCUM HUNT". HE EXPLICTLY SAID HE WOULDN'T!

WE ARE LYNCHING FALLMAN TODAY. I WON'T LET SCUM DERAIL THIS LYNCH!

He's pretty blatantly a dumb newbie and you're driving this way too hard on far too simplistic terms.

You're pretty blatantly bad at this game but I am at least appreciating the effort you are giving, unlike some people in this game -_-.
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2329 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2012 10:24 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Here's the thing. I'm not going to support a lynch of fallman until he posts more and I think lynching him based on one post is a bad idea. I think he's the kind of player that will be easy to read after a few posts and I think all the rallying is premature.

Instead, I would like to say that Kdowns, maxwell and OhGodMyLife (preferably one of the last two) are all good lynches and would love one of them to happen today.

OhGodMyLife

First, as I've said before, Firestarter's rack vote was scummy because:

->It was lazy- No real effort put into trying to get a proper read of rack, which doesn't match the amount of effort put into the summary of the first part of the game. This indicates that his effort was going into furthering his scum agenda (wanting to post lots to look town) rather than town motives (wanting to put effort into reading people and discussing reads with others).
->There was little acknowledgement of the abundant rack suspicion at the time- possibly wanting to avoid sheeping.

: In his response to me he says that if he had reasoning of his own then it's not scummy, when there was pretty much just one line about rack so he hardly had reasons of his own. I would think town more likely to comment that they didn't really have much reasoning and were just jumping on a wagon they thought was good.

He also doesn't think to unvote rack despite obviously not being able to engage in the game. This isn't conclusively scummy, but I think it is a little.

I still think that my suspicion of OGML is hardly the kind of thing he as town would come in and post for, considering his response does nothing to help the town and is basically saying "I'm not responding".

I'll try to explain again without looking at what I said before and hopefully I'll be clearer.

When a townie learns that someone suspects them and is under very little pressure, I think the first thing they would do if they decided to pay any attention to it would be try and work out whether it's coming from town or scum. A lack of content could be considered scummy perhaps, or it could even be considered more town. In a case of low content, as it was here, I wouldn't be surprised if town asked me to expand on my suspicion in an attempt to better read me. However, things that OGML said such as "I'm just going to ignore you because there is nothing to respond to in what you said" is not what I expect town's concerns to be at all. I do not think town would think this. They wouldn't want to ignore someone for the reason he said. It's not what they'd think at all. Instead, it sounds a lot like an awkward scum response, figuring out the best way to counter my suspicion of them and actually displays scum thought processes.

I feel quite happy with what I've said above, so hopefully people can read and respond with what they think.

Things that make me unsure:

-Firestarter's vote on rack seemed perhaps too badly justified to come from scum.
-I liked Firestarter's accusation of Psyche bussing rack.

Maxwell

There's not much behind this one, and I really don't know how to read shotty, but I found his comment about Macros being scummy, scummy at the time because I didn't really believe it. I can't really explain why though.

Also his latest post has a really scummy part that I'm not sure I want to point out right now.

If neither of the above two wagons look viable and I don't begin to read fallman as scum, I will probably reiterate my reasons for wanting a kdowns lynch.

Code_X
: What do you think of LLD's reason for wanting a Fallman lynch?
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #2330 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 1:18 am

Post by HezLucky »

In post 2329, DeasVail wrote:Here's the thing. I'm not going to support a lynch of fallman until he posts more and I think lynching him based on one post is a bad idea. I think he's the kind of player that will be easy to read after a few posts and I think all the rallying is premature.

Are you high? How is "wait for Fallman to post a few things" better than "wait for Fallman to post a few things and PRESSURE HIM MASSIVELY"?

Its not. You are out of your mind.

OH GOD SO MANY SCUM IN THIS GAME :cry:

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2331 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 2:42 am

Post by Psyche »

TODAY IS THE DAY.
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2332 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 4:58 am

Post by kdowns »

Mod, Replace me. I am dragging this game down way to much.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2333 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 5:01 am

Post by Nero Cain »

YES!!!! Best post by kdowns EVER!!!

Too many scummy ass lurkers in this game. Nothing really new is coming out. I still think FG is todays best lynch but I might have to join the fallaman lynch just to end the day.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2334 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 5:36 am

Post by Psyche »

KDOWNS
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #2335 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 5:47 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 2333, Nero Cain wrote:YES!!!! Best post by kdowns EVER!!!

Too many scummy ass lurkers in this game. Nothing really new is coming out. I still think FG is todays best lynch but I might have to join the fallaman lynch just to end the day.

Thoughts on Maxwell?
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #2336 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 6:23 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

DV, with three days to deadline you're trying desperately to start a counterwagon on me out of thin air. What, is fallman a scum power role or something?

I can't respond to your points against firestarter because I don't know what was going through his head. I can respond to your point against me. There is nothing worthwhile going on in this game because its at least 50% lurkers posting just when they're responding to prods. So I haven't been posting much, but I have been reading, and when someone writes that they suddenly suspect me for no god damn reason, I'm going to dismiss it. Every time. I'm still dismissing it.

Hez, not every person who voted for someone other than fallman was deflecting from the fallman wagon, but DV most certainly is.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2337 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 6:54 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2335, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 2333, Nero Cain wrote:YES!!!! Best post by kdowns EVER!!!

Thoughts on Maxwell?

nullish. Everyone that's calling Jun/Fall town is slightly suspect b/c it could be inside info and his "bad wording" about supporting a town lynch might be a slip but there are much better scumspects out there.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2338 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 7:07 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

In post 2336, OhGodMyLife wrote:DV, with three days to deadline you're trying desperately to start a counterwagon on me out of thin air.

I didn't realize it was so close. It feels too much like early- or midday and I still see no group cohesion in this game. If we do not step up, we will lose. That's what happened in The 100 Boxes Reboot—apathetic town led to a Mafia win. This is why I'm fine lynching lurkers for the sake of getting the game moving.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #2339 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 8:10 am

Post by HezLucky »

In post 2336, OhGodMyLife wrote:Hez, not every person who voted for someone other than fallman was deflecting from the fallman wagon, but DV most certainly is.

I know but I feel that if I yell hard enough maybe this lynch will actually go through -_-

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2340 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 9:15 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2338, StrangerCoug wrote:
In post 2336, OhGodMyLife wrote:DV, with three days to deadline you're trying desperately to start a counterwagon on me out of thin air.

I didn't realize it was so close. It feels too much like early- or midday and I still see no group cohesion in this game. If we do not step up, we will lose. That's what happened in The 100 Boxes Reboot—apathetic town led to a Mafia win. This is why I'm fine lynching lurkers for the sake of getting the game moving.

This. It helps that several of the lurkers are scummy as fuck though. The only wagon I see through today is fallman. Who should we wagon tomorrow, SC?

vote:fallman

The Mini-Librarian
DeasVail
FakeGod
Psyche
mastin2
^^^^^^^
scums

Code_X
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2341 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 9:21 am

Post by Code_X »

In post 2329, DeasVail wrote:Code_X: What do you think of LLD's reason for wanting a Fallman lynch?

It's better than your case against OGML. It's a more viable lynch.

Junpei made several scummy posts - disputed Drmyshotgun for one. Fallman has essentially flaked/cannot be bothered.

And yeah I can live with a Fallman lynch.

VOTE: Fallman7
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2342 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 9:31 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I see you reading the thread red and I also see psyche playing in his other games. Lurk more scum.

redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2343 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 9:33 am

Post by redFF »

sorry i fell behind and I'm kinda debating catching up. I think this day has outlived it's usefullness and we should just lynch fallman.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2344 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 10:24 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 2330, HezLucky wrote:Are you high? How is "wait for Fallman to post a few things" better than "wait for Fallman to post a few things and PRESSURE HIM MASSIVELY"?

Its not. You are out of your mind.

OH GOD SO MANY SCUM IN THIS GAME

Are you serious? You're not pressuring him massively (which is not nearly as useful as you think it is by the way), you're making it so we won't be able to lynch anyone but him today.

I don't want to lynch someone after one questionable post when I had a townread on the predecessor. Even if fallman doesn't post anymore today, I'd rather lynch someone else and deal with fallman later when I can better read him.

Future posting from the fallman slot will greatly improve our ability to read him. Future posting from someone like OGML won't.

Yes. I am deflecting a fallman lynch. Deal with it.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2345 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 11:57 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

In post 2340, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2338, StrangerCoug wrote:

This. It helps that several of the lurkers are scummy as fuck though. The only wagon I see through today is fallman. Who should we wagon tomorrow, SC?

I worry the most about FakeGod.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2346 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 3:51 pm

Post by Psyche »

Sigh. I'm sorry, guys, but
V/LA
for a couple of days. "Things".
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #2347 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 4:32 pm

Post by FakeGod »

V/LA for tomorrow. Going shooting a film again for class final project.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2348 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 6:09 pm

Post by andrew94 »

reading @ page 70 something atm
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2349 (ISO) » Mon May 28, 2012 6:17 pm

Post by Maxous »

Fine.

vote:fallman7

Let's just get this over with.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”