Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:11 pm

Post by Alchemist »

@Spyre just4u babe

Just thought it might be neat to visualize it. Not 100% accurate of course and I probably missed alot, but eh.

Spoiler:
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:11 pm

Post by Tammy »

Going back on principles and helping you all out because fuck it...
vote: Tammy[]/b]
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:13 pm

Post by Tammy »

I'm never ever ever voting Tim/Alchemist.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:15 pm

Post by SpyreX »

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar and that is wonderful.

Although "Tammy's got spunk?"
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:17 pm

Post by Alchemist »

:o

im going to bed
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:23 pm

Post by Oversoul »

I like the colors

I'll make a post tomorrow morning now that there are actual things to comment on
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:24 pm

Post by Tammy »

vote:Spyrex

There's your damn OMGUS...happy?
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:25 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

In post 181, Tammy wrote:
vote:Spyrex

There's your damn OMGUS...happy?

You need to start explaining your votes on this page.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:26 pm

Post by Tierce »

Must... resist... urge...

What's your problem re: actually contributing content on the first phases of a game, Oversoul? Why wait for others to provide "things to comment on"? I think this is a playstyle thing from you, but boy oh boy does it make me twitch.

PEdit: Ooooh trinkets.
Tammy: Why SpyreX over me? Why the pseudo self-vote after you had said you didn't believe those?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:27 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Godspeed with that because that one doesn't even begin to make sense even from a sense-baseline under the curve.

That beautiful picture is a good lullaby for sleeping though
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:32 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 183, Tierce wrote:What's your problem re: actually contributing content on the first phases of a game, Oversoul? Why wait for others to provide "things to comment on"? I think this is a playstyle thing from you, but boy oh boy does it make me twitch.

For one thing, the last time I was here was the early beginning of page 2 and the only notable thing that had happened was your flip out over Quil for something I really didn't consider to be important, or telling, or scummy. I've also explained that I don't like RVS (which is typically the first few pages of any game) earlier in this thread to Ludi and I suggest you read what I said there.

I'm not commenting now other than telling you this because I'm tired, its 2:30 in the morning and I have to wake up early tomorrow to do a lot of things, but I doubt you care about that.

Overall, Tierce, from what I have seen, you are overly aggressive and your play here is reminiscent of the early stages of Paranoia.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:44 pm

Post by Tierce »

See: my initial remark about meta-shift.

I accomplished things in Paranoia that, had I been town, could have led town to a win, had I bussed you or Akonas. I actually think the basis of my scumplay would make for solid townplay, and that's part of what I'm trying here. Assertive aggressiveness can be good, and you're fooling yourself if you think I would be mellow and gentle as town in a game with this playerlist in these circumstances.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:47 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

I don't think he's saying it has anything to do with your alignment. If you guys have problems with play styles, I'd prefer if you saved that for postgame pm's, md, etc.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:49 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

Skimmed the paranoia part. My bad.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:59 pm

Post by Tammy »

@Tierce - There was nothing pseudo about it, I made a mistake after getting frustrated because apparently nobody in the damn thread is interested in actually determining who the damn scum are. So, yeah, let's jump all over me because I dared to call out you guys who preemptively defended yourself against not following along with your meta and voting for someone who overexplained his entrance vote. Who cares after seeing him interact with people and got a town read on him that I sheeped him during RVS...apparently that's a fucking sin. Yeah, your explanation for your meta-defense sucked fucking ass so I sheeped Glork for that afterwards and let it ride. Since I got called out as slimy, that's how I referred to myself, because fuck it. If everyone wants to fall in line and think they actually caught me as scum in the first few posts of RVS, I'm laughing hysterically about that...because fucking damn seriously. And that is what everyone here thinks that because I called you out for pre-emptively defending yourself against your meta and that I used humor to do it so that I'm somehow scum...which I'm fucking not. So, yeah, I "pseudo" self voted because really who the fuck cares. When I realized the mistake I made after Spy's last genius post, I gave him the OMGUS he's been waiting for since page 2.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:14 pm

Post by Tierce »

In post 187, Hinduragi wrote:I don't think he's saying it has anything to do with your alignment. If you guys have problems with play styles, I'd prefer if you saved that for postgame pm's, md, etc.
In post 188, Hinduragi wrote:Skimmed the paranoia part. My bad.

Yes, it's alignment-relevant. He's seeing parallels between my play here and the early stages of Paranoia, in which we were both scum. I'm saying that there are some deliberate parallels because I'm drawing from my play there. While I understand that it would make him uncomfortable, this is actually being done on purpose. (...Sorry, I guess? But this works for me, Oversoul. Deal.)

Holy overblown AtE Batman.

Riddle me this, Tammy: if you were to draw town in a game and recent events and circumstances had changed your perception of how best to act as town, but you knew you would probably be attacked for a visible change in playstyle compared to games the playerlist has seen you in, what would you do?

1. Don't say anything about it at all, even if you are run-up on "meta!"
  2. Explain when you are run-up because you are not playing to your usual meta.
  3. Wait for someone to ask about it.
  4. Explain the meta change when the game has just started and we are at a low-information stage, where reactions to this announcement will push the game away from RVS and/or be indicative of alignment and/or not distract much from scumhunting.

A) and B) seem risky and a waste of everyone's attention when they should be focused on finding and lynching scum. C) is acceptable. D) is totally my style.

How is this behavior scummy? I'm not trying to excuse a meta change halfway through the game, I've explained my reasons, and those I have NOT explained cannot be delved on right now.

You haven't actually answered my questions, and your post can be reduced to "woe is me, for I am being wagoned". I am not voting you, neither are a lot of other people. Again: why the self-vote after you had said you don't believe in self-votes, and after that stint, why SpyreX instead of me? The timing is suspiciously close to the crumbling of the wagon on me. What changed your mind and caused you to change votes each time? Why the townread on Glork? You are avoiding the crux of these questions to simply say that your actions aren't scummy (rolled in a huge ball of AtE cheese) without explaining your reasoning. I've seen you play, I know you can do better than this.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:17 pm

Post by Tammy »

Fuck
Vote:Tierce
Seriously people...town doesn't tell you to overlook the way they normally act because they're going to be different. So, whatever, lynch me because I've been
scummy
but when you see I've flipped town you'll know I wasn't trying to make people look bad.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:22 pm

Post by Tierce »

Still not an answer to my questions.

And to prove you wrong, Benmage presented a similar circumstance on D1 of Weather Mafia II--he claimed he would be less active than usual on later days, and people were in an uproar as to why he would claim that so early on. He was town.

Town can be aware of their general meta traits and be upfront about them, especially if the changes are deliberate. Why is this scummy?
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:32 pm

Post by UberNinja »

Tammy's town. Ludi's probably town. The jury is out on Tierce, but damn does she have a lot of words.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:16 pm

Post by Tammy »

Answering your questions Tierce:

I don't have a static playstyle, by game or day, so I don't know how to answer this question. Seriously, I'm rather temperamental, and even though I play analytically mostly, my play style can vary widely by day, hour, or mood. I have general attitudes that you can read me by, but that's probably as far as you can get unless you watch me closely and know me well.

But, the fact that you came into a game and announced that you'd be different...and that you had a lapdog rounding up votes against the one person who called attention to it? Fucking droll. I don't care what the hell meta you round up to prove your intent people can manipulate it. I don't care what type of dispersions you cast against me because I say it's BS. I'm not gonna tell you why I have a town read on Glork anymore than I'm gonna tell you why I have a town read on Zdenek right now. I just fucking do.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:09 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 54, Tierce wrote:
In post 32, Tammy wrote:And what's up with the meta warnings? Just a heads up I won't be playing like I normally do, but it's definitely not because I'm evil, it's because... Seriously, not because I'm evil though, definitely not that!

I was warning about a change because I don't want to eat a lynch/vig bullet from something that is deliberate because
I'm pissed off
and done with trying to figure out what might be herp-a-derpy and what's straight-out scummy. People assume my town behavior is something very specific, while I am careful to ensure I subvert my town meta and use it as scum for my benefit (see Paranoia Mafia for several examples). I usually don't give a crap about how my meta is perceived as town, but I don't want to waste time explaining myself later when my attitude gets inevitably questioned. This is deliberate and purposeful. As scum, I get stuff done. As town, I spend far too much time hand-holding and protecting perceived town VIs from lynches--and they screw up later, while I end up night-killed before doing anything really useful.

I'm done with it. Vi is one of my favorite mods, this game has some of my favorite players and I want to make a difference in it.

Are we done with the pointless questioning? Great.

Lynch me...kill me...discredit me...it doesn't matter. This is overexplanatory B-fucking-S. *This is gonna be a fun fucking game*

Quote tags fixed. ~Vi
Last edited by Vi on Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:07 pm

Post by UberNinja »

Tierce, are you scum? Don't lie to me, please.

If you do, I will make it my personal life's work to join every game you're in, and lynch the shit out of you every single time.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:08 pm

Post by Oman »

In post 175, Alchemist wrote:@Spyre just4u babe

Just thought it might be neat to visualize it. Not 100% accurate of course and I probably missed alot, but eh.

Spoiler:

Annoyed that I'm not in "everybody loves tierce".

Also, why are people sheeping me? Do they know I haven't played in years? I AM NOT A BAROMETER ANY MORE, especially not for ex Paragons.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:40 pm

Post by singersigner »

In post 48, Tierce wrote:Quick warning--I'm currently in the same room as singersigner, so we're avoiding this game until she goes back to the hotel to avoid out-of-game interference. Post later.

lol. The awkwardness that ensued when we both realized that the game was up, but didn't want to risk anything by posting yet...I may have been a bit harsh about trying to avoid anything out-of-game related. :shifty: I hope you can forgive me! <3

(though that clearly didn't stop her from posting up a storm-ish as soon as I left :P)

Anyway, I got like 4 hours of sleep so I'ma work on at least 4 more and get back to you. Weee.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:42 pm

Post by singersigner »

Oh. And there are at least 6 people who haven't posted yet. Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”