NY 151: Playground Mafia (Game Over-Mafia Win!)

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #2400 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:45 am

Post by Psyche »

Wait. How often have I popped in to complete mislynches? I've done my best to prevent my uninformed vote from ruining the game. >.>
You can't step in the same river twice.
DLG
DLG
Goon
DLG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2401 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:06 am

Post by DLG »

In post 2399, Psyche wrote:Amusing how easily someone can project motives onto behavior. I've been called lazy, but this?

"Amusing" is scum talk. It is not a denial of the accusation, it is an attempt to minimize through condescension.

It's your behavior that is scummy. My guess at your motives could be wrong, but that doesn't change the base fact that you got a scum role PM.
In post 2400, Psyche wrote:Wait. How often have I popped in to complete mislynches? I've done my best to prevent my uninformed vote from ruining the game. >.>

Well, 1 out of 3, for sure. You completely bounced around between Pine/Seacore, The Mini-Librarian, and Junpei at the end of Day 2. Just floating whichever way the wind was blowing.

Again, the last line is scum speak. Scum play to not lose. It's safer and fits the survivalist mentality needed to be succesful. Town play to have their best scum reads lynched.

Scum admissions. Please lynch!
If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #2402 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:12 am

Post by HezLucky »

Hi DLG,

look at Benmage's post in response to LLD's vote on Junpei

When he flips town, I'd like to lynch LLD.

This looks like Benmage
a) knew that Junpei would flip town
b) wanted to go for massive towncred by lynching LLD.

I thuoght absolutely none of it at the time, but NOW THAT LLD HAS FLIPPED SCUM it is INCREDIBLY damning. This looks like
Benmage trying to distance from partner LLD (who was doing just fucking fine) by getting ready to lead on her the next day and
then getting massive massive towncred and coasting the rest of the way (kindof like he already has).

LLD has flipped, though, and his plan has backfired.

- Psyche has looked terrible all game. And Psyche's last two posts look like "planned VI-ness". ie. pretending to be a VI
with the hopes people will call her town for it. She mentions her UNINFORMED vote in #2400 [why do this? other than to look town?]
and pretends like she doesn't know Junpei was lynched yesterday [even though this was a LYNCH, not a NIGHTKILL]
- DeasVeil #2397 looks like a half-assed attack on DLG in response to his Psyche vote.

I would be happy to join you on the Psyche wagon but Benmage needs to die so fucking fast its amazing.
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2403 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:15 am

Post by Psyche »

Tunnel vision ftw.

No I am not scum. I'm overwhelmed. This game is A LOT and it's really difficult for me to pay attention, let alone catch up.

"Amusing" is not scumtalk. Why would scum feel a need to not deny an accusation? That Freudian crap is bull.

My behavior is not scummy. You're misreading. You're reaching.

Why would scum choose to float around? Is that really survivalist?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2404 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:17 am

Post by Psyche »

planned VI-ness? Where do you get that idea? I was seriously trying to contribute in a lazy, but meaningful way. >.>
DLG
DLG
Goon
DLG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2405 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:54 am

Post by DLG »

In post 2403, Psyche wrote:Tunnel vision ftw.

No I am not scum. I'm overwhelmed. This game is A LOT and it's really difficult for me to pay attention, let alone catch up.

"Amusing" is not scumtalk. Why would scum feel a need to not deny an accusation? That Freudian crap is bull.

I'll shed big crocodile tears for you, Mr. AtE.

Scum don't want to engage directly, if they aren't forced to. Instead, pandering to the onlookers by describing the attack as "amusing" is good scum strategy. Afterall, my one vote won't lynch you. If you can keep everyone else off you, though, you win.

Floating to whichever wagon had the most impetus, when you're assured the target is not part of your faction? You truly can't see why scum would do that?

The survivalist accusation was separate from that. Don't try to conflate the two, it's scummy argumentation technique. Survivalism, as embodied by your play, is represented by your assertion that you're just trying to not ruin the game; i.e., playing to not lose.

In post 2402, HezLucky wrote:

I agree that the quote in question looks damning. I haven't quite gotten there, yet, though, and want to read it in full context before rendering a verdict.

I think the power-bus theory would be sub-optimal play, and wanted to make sure you weren't just jumping aboard that wagon with a weak justification. Your response to me indicates you are truly invested in lynching Benmage and that reads positive to me.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2406 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:54 am

Post by Benmage »

This looks like Benmage
a) knew that Junpei would flip town
b) wanted to go for massive towncred by lynching LLD..

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I am so awesome at this game, sometimes I even amaze myself.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2407 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:55 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 2381, StrangerCoug wrote:
In post 2308, Benmage wrote:
In post 2303, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Holy Fuck I'm not doing this deadline lynch bullshit again.

Junpei was scum.

Fallman CLAIMED SCUM IN HIS FIRST POST. THAT POST ONLY HAS SCUM MOTIVATION. SURVIVALISM IS A SCUM MOTIVATED PLAY.

HE DIDN'T SAY "LET ME SCUM HUNT". HE EXPLICTLY SAID HE WOULDN'T!

WE ARE LYNCHING FALLMAN TODAY. I WON'T LET SCUM DERAIL THIS LYNCH!

unvote vote Fallman

Now that LLD is dead...

VOTE: Benmage
Why did you vote someone you claimed, and we all now know, was town?

He was obviously town. Dur.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2408 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:58 am

Post by Benmage »

Vote maxwell

Hey the guy who doesn't read, has some of the best reads thus far. *flex*

Lynch me. My awesomeness still >
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2409 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:24 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 2405, DLG wrote:
In post 2403, Psyche wrote:Tunnel vision ftw.

I'll shed big crocodile tears for you, Mr. AtE.

Scum don't want to engage directly, if they aren't forced to. Instead, pandering to the onlookers by describing the attack as "amusing" is good scum strategy. Afterall, my one vote won't lynch you. If you can keep everyone else off you, though, you win.

Floating to whichever wagon had the most impetus, when you're assured the target is not part of your faction? You truly can't see why scum would do that?

The survivalist accusation was separate from that. Don't try to conflate the two, it's scummy argumentation technique. Survivalism, as embodied by your play, is represented by your assertion that you're just trying to not ruin the game; i.e., playing to not lose.

I agree that the quote in question looks damning. I haven't quite gotten there, yet, though, and want to read it in full context before rendering a verdict.

I think the power-bus theory would be sub-optimal play, and wanted to make sure you weren't just jumping aboard that wagon with a weak justification. Your response to me indicates you are truly invested in lynching Benmage and that reads positive to me.

Question: Don't you think your dismissive way (labelling them with irrelevant but salient words) of considering defenses might be unreliable? You remind me of Pine.

Are you serious? How am I supposed to explain why you're wrong without saying things you can snidely label AtE (I totally need to do a study on AtE, tho, for sure)? Is explaining my mindset a bad thing?

How does describing something that is amusing (I should've said interesting) as amusing "pander to onlookers"? What does that even mean?

I do not see how a behavior that is so obviously inactive can be considered a viable scum strategy. I'm pretty sure every scum reading this thinks it important that he or she continues to seem like a proactive member of the town.

Scummy argumentation technique. Lol. Do you have any data to support that assertion, or are you just sticking to the whole "call EVERYTHING scummy to get this guy lynched" strategy?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2410 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:26 am

Post by Psyche »

Pretty sure survivalism is a characteristic of both lurkers and scum...Though scum tend to be more interested in playing to win than lurkers.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #2411 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:44 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Thoughts

I think there is still strong evidence that Benmage is town, despite the "lynch me."
Looking at LLD's posts I'm seeing her connected to TML, redFF, Hez, and FG.
It looks like one scumteam from the reveal, safest to assume 6 to begin with, 5 left
...which means the fifth is probably one of the myriad contentless lurkers coasting through this game
14 alive, (up to) three kills again tonight, there is a remote possibility this is mylo

Vote: The Mini-Librarian

Your cop claim stunt was what made me think LLD was town.
Nice trick, scum.
DLG
DLG
Goon
DLG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2412 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:12 am

Post by DLG »

StrangerCoug wrote:Why did you vote someone you claimed, and we all now know, was town?

Benmage wrote:He was obviously town. Dur.

That's not an answer to the question. Best I can get is that you thought it was a good idea to lynch someone you read as Town to implicate another player.

Please immerse me in the Benmage pool of wisdom that explains how that is Town play.

Psyche wrote:How am I supposed to explain why you're wrong without saying things you can snidely label AtE ...

Try not saying, "woe is me", and explain how you're helping town win through your actions.
Psyche wrote:I do not see how a behavior that is so obviously inactive can be considered a viable scum strategy. I'm pretty sure every scum reading this thinks it important that he or she continues to seem like a proactive member of the town.

So, your plan is to demonstrate your Townieness through a lack of appearing to be a proactive member of the town?

You are pretty active when it comes to defending yourself when someone puts a little pressure on.

If you're Town, who's scum? If you can reply promptly when your survival is endangered, you can surely spare a little time to help me out of my misguided tunnel.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2413 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:51 am

Post by Psyche »

97 pages. I'm sorry, but I don't have the time.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2414 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:22 am

Post by andrew94 »

The cop stunt makes me think mini librarian is town. why the hell would scum do that? lady wasnt even under pressure

benmage is town. lady wasnt even under much pressue. why would he bus. if he was scum, he should be bussed already

psyche should replace out. (and u guys shouldnt lynch him for being useless)

@hezzlucky, how do you know the vig shoot lady? Do you have info we do not?

also we should lynch either maxwell or the fire guy (ohgodmylife)

i believe maxwell was getting semi bussed by lady and fire guy is just scummy when i was reading.

vote ohgodmylife
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #2415 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:37 am

Post by HezLucky »

In post 2414, andrew94 wrote:
@hezzlucky, how do you know the vig shoot lady? Do you have info we do not?

Now that you mention it, it was probably an SK kill. I don't remember anyone who was actually suspicious of LLD yesterday o_O

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2416 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:19 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

In post 2394, DeasVail wrote:I agree that TML should claim.

From the mafia perspective, they should have thought it possible that TML did indeed have a cop innocent on LLD considering their knowledge of LLD being godfather. It's possible they wanted to wait for TML to actually claim an innocent result on LLD, but if they killed TML and he flipped as some sort of cop, it would have been obvious that LLD was an innocent result, so there shouldn't have been any need to keep him alive.

On top of that, having a godfather on their team would have indicated that there must be a cop, so my big question is, why is TML still alive? There is obviously a reason for mafia keeping him around. The only thing I can think of is that they had information (rolecop/track result) suggesting TML was not a cop, and that's why they didn't kill him.

So yes, I think a claim is necessary, because I don't think it will change the chances of mafia night-killing him and will only help us read him.

That makes very good sense.

In post 2396, DLG wrote:I don't see that StrangerCoug is saying that, at all. It looks more like StrangerCoug is accusing Benmage of voting for Fallman7, knowing all the time that it would be a mislynch.

That's true, but HezLucky is acting on my mention that the person Benmage wanted to lynch after Fallman7 was lynched is dead scum.

In post 2407, Benmage wrote:
In post 2381, StrangerCoug wrote:Why did you vote someone you claimed, and we all now know, was town?

He was obviously town. Dur.

So we should all be lynching townies so the Mafia can win, eh? Yeah.
CLEARLY
shows whose side you're on.

Benmage is our lynch today, ladies and gentlemen. I won't be upset about The Mini-Librarian being lynched, either.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
DLG
DLG
Goon
DLG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2417 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:54 pm

Post by DLG »

DLG wrote:You are pretty active when it comes to defending yourself when someone puts a little pressure on.

If you're Town, who's scum? If you can reply promptly when your survival is endangered, you can surely spare a little time to help me out of my misguided tunnel.

Psyche wrote:97 pages. I'm sorry, but I don't have the time.

andrew94 wrote:psyche should replace out. (and u guys shouldnt lynch him for being useless)

Not for being useless. For being an active detriment to Town winning. That is the best reason I can think of to lynch anyone.

andrew94 wrote:fire guy is just scummy when i was reading.

Yeah, how so?

andrew94 wrote:The cop stunt makes me think mini librarian is town. why the hell would scum do that? lady wasnt even under pressure

You think it was a "stunt", which implies to me that you consider it not a real claim. Why the hell would town do that?

Also, see here, at the bottom for why scum would do that.

I thought you wanted a claim from The Mini-Librarian before commenting further on this situation. What changed?

andrew94 wrote:benmage is town. lady wasnt even under much pressue. why would he bus. if he was scum, he should be bussed already

Good regurgitation of my point, sans the Benmage is Town conclusion. There was never a serious push against Benmage which would require his buddies to bus him. Kind of like with what you're saying as regards Benmage not needing to bus Lady Lambdadelta.

Given Benmage's promises of being able to 180 his play, a power bus of a scum partner would have been incredibly powerful if he could pull it off. And, under the climate where Benmage's post was made, a 1 v 1 of Benmage versus Lady Lambdadelta would likely have ended in a Benamge lynch. What would the conclusion be regarding Lady Lambdadelta should Benmage flip sum in that hypothetical?

This is pretty much what HezLucky had to say when I asked him about it, and it's an explanation that resonates with my view of things.

Maybe you can explain how it was townie of Benmage to play to kill a town "read" to get to Lady Lambdadelta the following day.

andrew94 wrote:i believe maxwell was getting semi bussed by lady

In what way? Why?

You, andrew94, look like you are running interference for both Benmage and Psyche. Please explain how I'm misunderstanding your play.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #2418 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:00 pm

Post by FakeGod »

Wow, LLD was Godfather???

Didn't think she would be scum.

Agreed with Hez and SC. Also agreeing with DLG and andrew that TML should claim.

VOTE: Benmage
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.
DLG
DLG
Goon
DLG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2419 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:12 pm

Post by DLG »

StrangerCoug wrote:That's true, but HezLucky is acting on my mention that the person Benmage wanted to lynch after Fallman7 was lynched is dead scum.

Yeah, I see that. Especially after he explained it.

I'd love to have multiple votes. Count me as an honorary member of the Benamge wagon. I'd also love to see Psyche hang, and think that's a fine place for my vote.

I got completely read through, and, in context, the Benmage post looks even worse, if possible.

What about you as regards Psyche? Good lynch?

I want some kind of reply from The Mini-Librarian.

Preview edit:
I'm not calling for a claim from The Mini-Librarian. I just want to know his explanation for the coincidence.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2420 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:12 pm

Post by Benmage »

In post 780, Benmage wrote:
unvote vote Baby Spice

This is me benmage wanting to lynch scum Percy, voting town BS whatsup.

Zachs montanous game where Im town.

Yes I call someone's preferred lynch target town to help implicate them if I FEEEL STRONGLY they're scum.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2421 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:55 pm

Post by andrew94 »

scumlist

Hezlucky- slipped. he is prob the Sk.
ohgodmylife - the person he replaced.
fakegod- look at that post 2418 first sentence.

@ dlg i used the word stunt because ohgodmylife said stunt, so i replied with 'the stunt'

I do in fact think mini is the cop.
if mini is the cop, it would make sense to put it there as a breadcrumb,
when i was reading through the thread, NOBODY commented on that.
It seems only me and you (dlg) noticed it

the thing is, lady didnt need defending. There were only a couple of votes on her.
also, mini just put that there saying thats why he thinks lady is town

which makes sense. if mini died and flips cop, that would stand out.

so thats why i think mini is cop.

the reason i am commenting right now is because i see lots of people on my scumlist just whizzing by and voting benmage

@benmage the hell is that last post?

maxwell was getting semi bussed by lady (distancing) because at the end of last day , lady was saving maxwell was scum etc etc etc, but never really makes a move.
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #2422 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:06 pm

Post by HezLucky »

andrew94 wrote:scumlist

Hezlucky- slipped. he is prob the Sk.
ohgodmylife - the person he replaced.
fakegod- look at that post 2418 first sentence.

@ dlg i used the word stunt because ohgodmylife said stunt, so i replied with 'the stunt'

I do in fact think mini is the cop.
if mini is the cop, it would make sense to put it there as a breadcrumb,
when i was reading through the thread, NOBODY commented on that.
It seems only me and you (dlg) noticed it

the thing is, lady didnt need defending. There were only a couple of votes on her.
also, mini just put that there saying thats why he thinks lady is town

which makes sense. if mini died and flips cop, that would stand out.

so thats why i think mini is cop.

the reason i am commenting right now is because i see lots of people on my scumlist just whizzing by and voting benmage

@benmage the hell is that last post?

maxwell was getting semi bussed by lady (distancing) because at the end of last day , lady was saving maxwell was scum etc etc etc, but never really makes a move.

I saw dead maf and assumed it was a vig.

I am more fascinated by the fact that this post appears to be doing nothing but
a) SK hunting
b) Power Role hunting
c) Defending Benmage by attacking his attackers

Cool. Andrew dies next.

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2423 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:18 pm

Post by DeasVail »

OGML:
Why don't you think TML is an investigative PR?
Code_X
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2424 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:08 am

Post by Code_X »

I'll be honest I'm waiting for TML.

Will try and re-read LLD today.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”