Newbie 1248 (GAME OVER)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Axxle
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:22 pm

Post by Axxle »

There were a lot of other problems with Kalbim's post, SoraAdvent. You're coming off as too defensive (therefore slightly scummy). I agree with your conclusion though. I also second Hyperion's motion.

No worries Hyperion, I'm getting used to the speed of the game and a day doesn't feel that long anymore.

Just to get a little meta: I asked in my first game but just wanted to verify: Replacements are a more Null tell, correct? I had assumed that Vanilla Town is more likely to replace out (as the more boring role) but I was told that's not the case.

PEdit: I see wombat has posted, I'll respond in a sec.
Axxle
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:46 pm

Post by Axxle »

Don't really know what to say, I feel like I've said my thoughts about some of this previously.

Re: Kablim. His second post seems rushed, I attribute that to panic for being called out on his off the wall first post. And I think scum is more likely to panic in that situation than town.
SoraAdvent
SoraAdvent
Goon
SoraAdvent
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:40 pm

Post by SoraAdvent »

Hyperion, sorry for not replying to your question earlier. I think that Arinna is definitely town, from the way he/she talks in her posts, and the amount of contribution the user's made to the discussion. Seacore seems like the leader in the group, but from the way he talks, his intentions do not seem to be to sway the vote in the mafia's favor. So, town. Hyperion, you seem to be definitely pro-town, as you ask a lot of questions towards everyone. That's all for now.
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:47 pm

Post by LordChronos »

In post 150, Axxle wrote:Just to get a little meta: I asked in my first game but just wanted to verify: Replacements are a more Null tell, correct? I had assumed that Vanilla Town is more likely to replace out (as the more boring role) but I was told that's not the case.

Replacements are absolutely a null tell. Case in point: my last newbie game I replaced into a slot which had already seen one replacement. That slot was jailkeeper.

@Arinna

Counterclaiming absolutely can be beneficial for town. A 1-1 trade with scum is a good thing for us. Whether or not to counterclaim of course depends on your role and the situation of the game. Day 1 is a worse time to counterclaim as town (or scum, as Seacore said). If you are perceived as scummy and thus unlikely to be believed and the other guy is not it might be better to bide your time and try to get a confirmable result (more applicable to non-Newbie games).

@kalbim

Picking a fight with someone happens between two town and two mafia all the time. It doesn't make either member of the fight confirmed anything. Why is arguing with people a scumtell?
I'm a talking computer.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:52 pm

Post by AGar »

Sorry for the delay. PMs have been sitting in my inbox for about 18 hours, :/.

ChaosOmega replaces Mortontfrh. Welcome him.

Votecount incoming.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:00 pm

Post by AGar »

Votecount 1.06

SoraAdvent
(0) -
Axxle
(3) - LordChronos, Seacore, wombat99
wombat99
(0) -
Arinna
(0) -
kalbim
(3) - Hyperion, Arinna, SoraAdvent
Hyperion
(0) -
LordChronos
(1) - ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
(0) -
Seacore
(0) -

Not Voting
(2) - Axxle, kalbim

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.
Two players
are the current wagon leader(s), at
L-2

Deadline is in (expired on 2012-06-23 07:00:00)
Last edited by AGar on Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:24 pm

Post by Seacore »

kalbim is in my "willing to lynch today" list. So we'll give Chaos some time to catch up and then I'll be putting kalbim at L-1
SoraAdvent
SoraAdvent
Goon
SoraAdvent
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:11 am

Post by SoraAdvent »

Who voted for Seacore?
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:49 am

Post by Seacore »

It's almost certainly a small mistake, since someone just invited me.
wombat99
wombat99
Townie
wombat99
Townie
Townie

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:26 am

Post by wombat99 »

In post 156, Seacore wrote:kalbim is in my "willing to lynch today" list. So we'll give Chaos some time to catch up and then I'll be putting kalbim at L-1

You feel strongly enough that kalbim is scum to put him at L-1 and not Axxle?

Do we have enough info on SoraAdvent and ChaosOmega to move to L-1?
SoraAdvent
SoraAdvent
Goon
SoraAdvent
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:08 am

Post by SoraAdvent »

Oh well. That means I need to post more. Anyway, I've been thinking about the rest of the players, and I have enough thoughts to pen them down. LordChronos is definitely pro-town. From the way his posts work, he seems to be concerned about each person, and doesn't hesitate to call a person scum. However, this level of certainty either means that he is excellent at spotting tells, or scum. I'm still thinking that he's the former. Wombat99 hasn't said much, and is mostly adding onto the other arguments brought up. But she's asked a few questions to generate discussion. I can't decide whether she's scum or not. I think I've covered everything so far.
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:37 am

Post by Hyperion »

In post 146, Arinna wrote:
In post 112, Axxle wrote:
LordChronos
- The only thing he's really been involved in is that misunderstanding fiasco. This is my strongest scum read (although still weak) for refusing to accept being wrong and painting me and Seacore as the bad guys.

I agree with Chronos that not accepting being wrong, especially in a misunderstanding-fed argument about the RVS, is a very good scumtell, but I might be missing a point; can you please explain why you think it is?

I actually disagree with this, I believe that the part about him refusing to admit he is wrong is more of a town tell. Scum want to blend in, so if he were scum, he would have conceded. However, continuing to refuse to consider himself wrong draws attention to him, which I don't think scum would do.
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:03 am

Post by LordChronos »

In post 161, Hyperion wrote:
In post 146, Arinna wrote:
In post 112, Axxle wrote:
LordChronos
- The only thing he's really been involved in is that misunderstanding fiasco. This is my strongest scum read (although still weak) for refusing to accept being wrong and painting me and Seacore as the bad guys.

I agree with Chronos that not accepting being wrong, especially in a misunderstanding-fed argument about the RVS, is a very good scumtell, but I might be missing a point; can you please explain why you think it is?

I actually disagree with this, I believe that the part about him refusing to admit he is wrong is more of a town tell. Scum want to blend in, so if he were scum, he would have conceded. However, continuing to refuse to consider himself wrong draws attention to him, which I don't think scum would do.

I think Arinna just forgot to type "not". The rest of the sentence agrees with your/my opinion on the matter.
I'm a talking computer.
Axxle
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:55 am

Post by Axxle »

In a rush but I'll address Arinna's question:

I think that it's possible he didn't want to back down since he knows he at least has wombat's support and maybe others too and wanted to create disinformation and make me and/or Seacore primary targets. I would not be surprised by a LC/wombat scumteam. That said, Kalbim has a much stronger scumread at the moment.
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:26 am

Post by Hyperion »

OK so Axxle seems to be grasping at straws now, and that last post wasn't very good at all. I'd be willing to put him at L-1 when I get home from my graduation tonight if no one has any objections, then we can give him some time for a claim (if any) and end day one.
Arinna
Arinna
Townie
Arinna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:16 am

Post by Arinna »

LordChronos wrote:Replacements are absolutely a null tell. Case in point: my last newbie game I replaced into a slot which had already seen one replacement. That slot was jailkeeper.

Axxle had said that VTs were the least to switch out, which would exclude PRs as well. (Possibly due to the pressure in both cases? In RQS answers people sometimes write that being a PR is too stressful...) However, I'm not sure how valid or useful employing meta statistics can be. (On the other hand, it does appear as though our game has suffered an unusual number of replacement events..x.x Cursed player slots?)

LordChronos wrote:Counterclaiming absolutely can be beneficial for town. A 1-1 trade with scum is a good thing for us. Whether or not to counterclaim of course depends on your role and the situation of the game. Day 1 is a worse time to counterclaim as town (or scum, as Seacore said). If you are perceived as scummy and thus unlikely to be believed and the other guy is not it might be better to bide your time and try to get a confirmable result (more applicable to non-Newbie games).

Now that I've thought it over, I think you're right. Having one scum flip would be
a lot
more helpful. Thank you. ^^

LordChronos wrote:
In post 161, Hyperion wrote:I actually disagree with this, I believe that the part about him refusing to admit he is wrong is more of a town tell. Scum want to blend in, so if he were scum, he would have conceded. However, continuing to refuse to consider himself wrong draws attention to him, which I don't think scum would do.

I think Arinna just forgot to type "not". The rest of the sentence agrees with your/my opinion on the matter.

Yes, I did forget to type "not" there. I apologise for the confusion.

--

Axxle wrote:In a rush but I'll address Arinna's question:

I think that it's possible he didn't want to back down since he knows he at least has wombat's support and maybe others too and wanted to create disinformation and make me and/or Seacore primary targets. I would not be surprised by a LC/wombat scumteam. That said, Kalbim has a much stronger scumread at the moment.

But the argument wasn't even about something important to the game, so why would his behaviour regarding an argument about theory, and unwillingness to back down from an argument unrelated to the actual game going on at that moment be a sign of anything besides his personality? Most of his arguments against others are reasonable. Can you point out where he wants to create disinformation (misinformation?) ?

Hyperion wrote:OK so Axxle seems to be grasping at straws now, and that last post wasn't very good at all. I'd be willing to put him at L-1 when I get home from my graduation tonight if no one has any objections, then we can give him some time for a claim (if any) and end day one.

With his reply, Axxle seems very scummy to me (and will continue to be so until his explanation for this line of discussion seems more reasonable and well-founded); I think it would be a better course of action to wait a bit and get to know the new players better, observe their interactions with the rest of the players, and get a broader view of things. Are we truly ready for a claim at this point?

By the way, congratulations, Hyperion.
Axxle
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:20 pm

Post by Axxle »

Hopefully the straws I'm grasping at have scum written on it. (I'm actually not familiar with the term)
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:02 pm

Post by Hyperion »

@Arinna: Thank You! I actually managed to graduate in the top 20 of the class.
@Axxle: It means you are just blindly picking at any possibilty
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:04 pm

Post by Hyperion »

I'm gonna go out to celebrate, then I will put Axxle at L1, that wa, everyone has time to voice their opinios/comments etc.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:26 pm

Post by ChaosOmega »

Hey guys. Reading now, will post thoughts in a while.
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
SoraAdvent
SoraAdvent
Goon
SoraAdvent
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:42 pm

Post by SoraAdvent »

Arinna, I agree with you on the opinion that we should wait. I think that we should observe ChaosOmega, as he hasn't posted anything yet. Let's wait.
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:50 pm

Post by Hyperion »

I'm back. I missed Arinna's post saying we should wait, and I am willing to give it a day or so then if thats what everyone wants.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:33 pm

Post by ChaosOmega »

Not a huge fan of the kalbim wagon. It's not the worst lynch, since that player slot has 3 posts all game (all from kalbim), and the post with his reads is odd. Just have a gut town read on him for now.

Scum reads are Axxle and SoraAdvent. Axxle just seems intent on looking good as opposed to actually finding scum. It was brought up how he attacked Seacore after Seacore said it made wombat99 look town to him. Seacore barely responded to what Axxle was saying against him, and he goes completely 180 to apologizing for being too pushy and having a town read on him later. As for SoraAdvent, crabbyman66 (who Sora replaced) had the weird "I have no reads on anything" post, which strikes me in the same vein as not wanting to offend anyone and coast along. And then Sora sneaks the third vote onto the kalbim wagon, with essentially an OMGUS vote.

vote: Axxle

Axxle is at L-1. Wait for him to post his reads/a claim/anything before someone hammers.

Arinna wrote:With his reply, Axxle seems very scummy to me (and will continue to be so until his explanation for this line of discussion seems more reasonable and well-founded); I think it would be a better course of action to wait a bit and get to know the new players better, observe their interactions with the rest of the players, and get a broader view of things. Are we truly ready for a claim at this point?

But wouldn't a claim give us more information to do that?
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
Axxle
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:38 pm

Post by Axxle »

Well, I should claim I guess. I am
Vanilla Town
. I'm sorry for looking scummy, just trying to play.
SoraAdvent
SoraAdvent
Goon
SoraAdvent
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:07 pm

Post by SoraAdvent »

Chaos, Kalbim made a lot of mistakes in his post. I may not have jumped on the wagon first, but I personally think that he's scummy. Accusing Arinne of being Scumbuddies with Axxle, using crabbyman's reputation to pin me down, as well as being unsure of being certain things makes me believe he was scum. That's my reasons for why I voted for him.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”