Newbie 1248 (GAME OVER)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
wombat99
wombat99
Townie
wombat99
Townie
Townie

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:10 pm

Post by wombat99 »

I would like to hear from Seacore before lynching Axxle - why Kalbim over Axxle?
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:22 pm

Post by ChaosOmega »

SoraAdvent wrote:I may not have jumped on the wagon first, but I personally think that he's scummy. Accusing Arinne of being Scumbuddies with Axxle, using crabbyman's reputation to pin me down, as well as being unsure of being certain things makes me believe he was scum. That's my reasons for why I voted for him.

Let's contrast this with the post where you voted kalbim.
SoraAdvent wrote:Kalbim's been a bit scummy, especially in his previous post, saying that I am scum all because I haven't posted yet. That doesn't make sense, unfortunately. I think he's just trying to divert attention from himself onto me.

Changing your tune a bit, are we? At first, it was because you personally haven't posted. But now it's "crabbyman's reputation" of not posting. And now there's other reasons that you completely failed to mention originally. It reads like you took his accusation personally and hopped on the bandwagon, and then retroactively applied scumhunting to your vote.
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
SoraAdvent
SoraAdvent
Goon
SoraAdvent
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:42 pm

Post by SoraAdvent »

I have changed my tune, after reading his post properly. I did make a mistake in my earlier post. At first I took it personally, and then I realized that he wasn't just aiming for me, which is why I listed on the second post my new reasons.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:29 pm

Post by Seacore »

In post 175, wombat99 wrote:I would like to hear from Seacore before lynching Axxle - why Kalbim over Axxle?

I'm happy for either, but I was already voting axxle, so I couldn't bring him closer to the lynch.
wombat99
wombat99
Townie
wombat99
Townie
Townie

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:06 am

Post by wombat99 »

In post 178, Seacore wrote:
In post 175, wombat99 wrote:I would like to hear from Seacore before lynching Axxle - why Kalbim over Axxle?

I'm happy for either, but I was already voting axxle, so I couldn't bring him closer to the lynch.

I see, you were planning to put lynch pressure on Kalbim, but decided not to. Is there no benefit to doing that Today vs. Tomorrow?

At any rate, I'm comfortable with lynching Axxle and ending Day.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:06 am

Post by AGar »

Votecount 1.07

SoraAdvent
(0) -
Axxle
(4) - LordChronos, Seacore, wombat99, ChaosOmega
wombat99
(0) -
Arinna
(0) -
kalbim
(3) - Hyperion, Arinna, SoraAdvent
Hyperion
(0) -
LordChronos
(0) -
ChaosOmega
(0) -
Seacore
(0) -

Not Voting
(2) - Axxle, kalbim

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.
Axxle
is the current wagon leader(s), at
L-1

Deadline is in (expired on 2012-06-23 07:00:00)
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Arinna
Arinna
Townie
Arinna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:26 am

Post by Arinna »

I feel as though we could have questioned Kalbim further and confirmed our priorities; it seems to me as though we're moving too fast. However, upon checking Kalbim's profile and seeing that he has been regularly logging on (and probably reading what is going on?), it looks like three votes were not enough to pressure him into activity. Therefore...I truly hope that Axxle flips scum.
wombat99
wombat99
Townie
wombat99
Townie
Townie

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:29 am

Post by wombat99 »

Axxle, why aren't you voting? If you voted for Kalbim you would be tied.
kalbim
kalbim
Townie
kalbim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:04 am

Post by kalbim »

In post 172, ChaosOmega wrote:Not a huge fan of the kalbim wagon. It's not the worst lynch, since that player slot has 3 posts all game (all from kalbim), and the post with his reads is odd. Just have a gut town read on him for now.

Scum reads are Axxle and SoraAdvent. Axxle just seems intent on looking good as opposed to actually finding scum. It was brought up how he attacked Seacore after Seacore said it made wombat99 look town to him. Seacore barely responded to what Axxle was saying against him, and he goes completely 180 to apologizing for being too pushy and having a town read on him later. As for SoraAdvent, crabbyman66 (who Sora replaced) had the weird "I have no reads on anything" post, which strikes me in the same vein as not wanting to offend anyone and coast along. And then Sora sneaks the third vote onto the kalbim wagon, with essentially an OMGUS vote.

vote: Axxle

Axxle is at L-1. Wait for him to post his reads/a claim/anything before someone hammers.

Arinna wrote:With his reply, Axxle seems very scummy to me (and will continue to be so until his explanation for this line of discussion seems more reasonable and well-founded); I think it would be a better course of action to wait a bit and get to know the new players better, observe their interactions with the rest of the players, and get a broader view of things. Are we truly ready for a claim at this point?

But wouldn't a claim give us more information to do that?

Finally!!!! Somebody who doesn't think I am scum.

I agree with ChaosOmega that we should vote Axxle, and I will come make a post explaining why in an hour or so
Axxle
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:47 am

Post by Axxle »

I really wanted to get more information out of today, but if everyone's willing to end Day 1 so early:
Vote: kalbim
Arinna
Arinna
Townie
Arinna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:05 am

Post by Arinna »

In post 183, kalbim wrote:Finally!!!! Somebody who doesn't think I am scum.
I agree with ChaosOmega that we should vote Axxle, and I will come make a post explaining why in an hour or so

People think you're scummy because of your words and actions; in order to improve your situation, please don't lurk, be active, and explain all your actions (and the reasons behind them) until now, not only why you think Axxle should be lynched. Although Axxle might be in L-1, many, if not all, of the players (except for Chaos) do think that you're the next scummiest player after Axxle. If you don't do something, you could be the next to be lynched, so...

Axxle wrote:I really wanted to get more information out of today, but if everyone's willing to end Day 1 so early:
Vote: kalbim

I agree with you that we still have further space to "explore", especially in Kalbim's direction, as he leaves so many things unexplained.
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:03 pm

Post by Hyperion »

Hey Kalbim, where is that post you said you were gonna make like 10 hours ago?
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:17 pm

Post by Hyperion »

OK, so I know that people have said we should wait before we lynch so they can get more info, but no one is posting. I'm giving it a few hours, and then I'm switching to Axxle, because waiting around not doing anything isn't going to help.
Arinna
Arinna
Townie
Arinna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:18 pm

Post by Arinna »

Yeah, I suppose you're right.
Axxle
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:44 pm

Post by Axxle »

I'd prefer we lynch scum, but at least you can use my death for analysis of what people said today.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:08 pm

Post by Seacore »

I'd rather lynch kalbim, but I still think axxle is scum. I think kalbim has come in, scum slipped and is now terrified of posting.
SoraAdvent
SoraAdvent
Goon
SoraAdvent
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:43 pm

Post by SoraAdvent »

In post 181, Arinna wrote:I feel as though we could have questioned Kalbim further and confirmed our priorities; it seems to me as though we're moving too fast. However, upon checking Kalbim's profile and seeing that he has been regularly logging on (and probably reading what is going on?), it looks like three votes were not enough to pressure him into activity. Therefore...I truly hope that Axxle flips scum.

Does anyone here think that Kalbim's a little scared right now? He's not replying to the topic a lot, and he didn't convert on his promise to post. Still seems scummish to me, and sticking my vote on him.
wombat99
wombat99
Townie
wombat99
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:34 am

Post by wombat99 »

In post 190, Seacore wrote:I'd rather lynch kalbim, but I still think axxle is scum. I think kalbim has come in, scum slipped and is now terrified of posting.

Then why don't you change your vote?
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:34 am

Post by Seacore »

Because that would lynch him. I'd rather give him the chance. His next post should have him claiming though.
SoraAdvent
SoraAdvent
Goon
SoraAdvent
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:48 am

Post by SoraAdvent »

Seacore, if he doesn't post in the next day, are you willing to hammer Kalbim?
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:15 am

Post by AGar »

Votecount 1.08

SoraAdvent
(0) -
Axxle
(4) - LordChronos, Seacore, wombat99, ChaosOmega
wombat99
(0) -
Arinna
(0) -
kalbim
(3) - Hyperion, Arinna, SoraAdvent
Hyperion
(0) -
LordChronos
(0) -
ChaosOmega
(0) -
Seacore
(0) -

Not Voting
(2) - Axxle, kalbim

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.
Axxle
is the current wagon leader(s), at
L-1

Deadline is in (expired on 2012-06-23 07:00:00)
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
wombat99
wombat99
Townie
wombat99
Townie
Townie

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:08 am

Post by wombat99 »

@Mod - Axxle voted for Kalbim, #184

This puts both Kalbim and Axxle at L-1, correct?
Axxle
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Axxle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:09 am

Post by Axxle »

@mod: I voted for kalbim in post #184

In post 187, Hyperion wrote:OK, so I know that people have said we should wait before we lynch so they can get more info, but no one is posting. I'm giving it a few hours, and then I'm switching to Axxle, because waiting around not doing anything isn't going to help.

Not that I want to look a gift horse in the mouth, but what made you change your mind about dropping this hammer? If it wasn't just a mistake it solidifies my belief that you are town since mafia wouldn't really have a reason to do so.
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:39 am

Post by Hyperion »

The reason why I decided to wait is because some people (I think it was Arinna) said to wait and try to find out some more stuff before we end the day. I waited to see if anyone did anything and nothing happened, so I decided that getting a flip and a nightkill might help. I would rather lynch Axxle today because we have more to go on, than with Kalbim, who has maybe 5 posts total. I definately want to lynch Kalbim tomorrow, if he continues to act the way he has (barely posting, and when he does, being scummy).
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:44 am

Post by Hyperion »

Ok, so since Axxle has already claimed, and people still want Kalbim to post,
In the words of MC Hammer: duh nuh nuh nuh, nuh nuh, nuh nuh HAMMER TIME
UNVOTE: Kalbim
VOTE: Axxle