danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:13 am

Post by danakillsu »

In post 1549, Glork wrote:Quil sounds as good as anyone else.

Vote: Quilford

If he's just as good as anyone else, why are you joining his wagon after only one person has voted him? Seems like if you just want to lynch anyone, you could do it a lot faster.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:24 am

Post by Tammy »

Gods this game is frustrating sometimes.

I very much want to doubt the claim, but I'm willing to accept that I was settling into a confirmation bias and it will take me a minute to snap out of it. All the interaction with Magua was making me more certain he was scum not less, especially as I was convinced he was trying to manipulate me into self-doubt rather than just get me to wake up. So, blech,

unvote

Besides as Magister Ludi says it's something that will work itself out. The part about the claim that was interesting was the eligible people. I wish I knew more about the flavor of this game and how people are related to each other, especially after Oversoul's flip.

Although Magua's last reads list was pretty meh overall, there were a couple things that stood out that make me feel better about him and about believing the claim, though I don't know why he didn't claim then and waited until he did, but I suppose he was much closer to getting lynched as people started rushing to end the day after Oversoul died. I didn't realize I inspired hate, so that was a bit...depressing.

However, the part where he said that he knew he was signing his death warrant and that he didn't have strong scumreads struck me as being really genuine. He could very easily make up some scumreads if he wanted to to try and save his own skin. It's not that hard of a thing to do, and if he was scum trying to save his own skin it's something that I think most scum would do.

Also, his Duplicity read. In one of the first posts the hydra made, they said that they believed that Duplicity was pretty obvtown. In Magua's last read he said that Duplicity was probably town and that Regfan was slippery, but he's agreed with and understood his points so far. Now, with the exception of disagreeing with him for disagreeing with Regfan on me, this totally struck a chord with me because it's exactly where I'm at on the hydra. Other than Uberninja, no one else has expressed the tiniest bit of doubt on the towniness of the hydra. (I don't believe, and I'm not going to search through 62 pages to see if I'm right on this point. Feel free to call me out if I'm wrong.) I have no real good reason to not say Duplicity is obvtown right now, except little flashbacks to a game in which I let Mina convince me that scumRegfan was actually townRegfan. (Yeah, meta, I went there...gogo hypocrisy go!) Regardless, him bringing up this point also made me feel better about him because he had no reason to do it after calling him obvtown earlier. He could have just left it at that.

I'm ok with voting any of Implosion, Nexus, or Quilford today. I don't have a particular preference for which.

I'm also coming around to Magister Ludi. I've been going back and forth on what I think on ML throughout the day. I had a slight scum read on him earlier, then started leaning town, but am back to leaning scum for his post in which he votes TSH and asks Spyrex to join him. In he states that they momentarily did god's work with me. This struck me as really off considering the interactions we've had since that early wagon. When Gamma asked him why he decided he didn't want to vote me after my , he said that he wasn't too solid on my scumminess to begin with in . If he wasn't so solid on my scumminess to begin with, why is he now categorizing it as god's work in his question to Spyrex? The implication is that he thought my wagon was a good one, which would indicate that he had a good scumread on me, except he states that he didn't. Feels like he's talking out of both sides of his mouth here and saying what he thinks people want to hear.

Also, one of the things that I found kind of interesting about his moving off of my wagon after that post was that in that post I mentioned how LLD had postulated that there were probably two scum on my wagon. I said it was possible, and if so the two I thought were most likely were Ludi and if Ludi was scum then Quilford could be a likely partner. Soon after that post, he got off of my wagon. What's also a little strange is that he asked me in the midst of the whole Spryex issue whether or not I thought Spyrex was scum, and I said town. When I asked him later why he asked and what he learned from it, he said in that he believed initially it was a response more likely to come from town than scum. So, why didn't he unvote then? Why wait until I write a wall? He initially voted me for a post he thought more likely to come from scum not town, why not unvote for a response more likely to come from town than scum?

Okay, so, Duplicity, what kind of cookies are you giving out?

vote: Implosion
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:29 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

Well, I think it is clearly possible that people can do things more likely to come from town than scum, but overall still remain a scum read. I wasn't waiting until you wrote a wall, hell I had no idea that was coming, but you did something which was towney (which was put in effort), and I decided my vote was better off served somewhere else.

And stop leaping to conjectures. 'God's work' is categorized as a playful tone, but one to help cajole spyrex, sometimes you need to use words on his level to help convince him :p.
MaguaofIllusion
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:35 am

Post by MaguaofIllusion »

In post 1546, Glork wrote:My enthusiasm for this game is approaching nil. Sorry.

Well congratulations because this head will never, ever accuse you of the Burden of Proficency again ... clearly that ship has sailed if you end up being Town.
A hydra of Faraday and Mina.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:35 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 1548, Glork wrote:

GreyICE's reaction to the kill looks entirely faked. I once again have a fairly strong desire to lynch him.

Really? Other than jumping to conclusions on Gamma, I thought it read rather genuine. Well the part about Oversoul anyway. I know that Oversoul was inviting people to play because he invited me to play, and it seems rather reasonable that you wouldn't kill the person who invited you to play. At least not first.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:48 am

Post by singersigner »

Ugh, this is gay.

unvote

@MoI...sorry I didn't see the bit about Duplicity already asking and you responding somewhere deep in one of those walls you wrote (considering the fact that Dulplicity's mention of MY name was edited out). :roll: I don't really see why you couldn't just point me to that point since you've already acknowledged "[I'm] not reading and shit." It wasn't a hard question, and the fact that you continue to take pot shots at me (and as far as I can tell, not anyone else) while still calling me town IS trying to discredit me and IS scummy. MoI did the same thing to me in Mordor until he was forced to "confirm" me as town as an excuse to NK me since I wasn't backing down from my scumread on him. The fact that you brought up and example of your own meta of the way you've been acting negates it. No one asked. No one cared.

In the meantime, I'd love to know exactly what you think I've said that's "to stupid to be scum."

But I swear, if there aren't fucking results, you're scummy enough to me that I don't give a shit what your claim is, you're fucking dead.

Reading up on implosion, because I'm a little confused as to why Toast wasn't the default to switch to. I seriously don't even want to read this game anymore until there's a flip to work with. ;_;

Preview Edit:
Congrats MoI, you've relinquished what's a fallacious argument anyway. I take back what I said before; you've now successfully tried to discredit Glork...GLORK. On a scale of 1-10, what's your enthusiasm for this game?

FFS...there are plenty of people who aren't motivated to read this game because it's being shat on everywhere. :roll:
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:58 am

Post by Alchemist »

MaguaofIllusion
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:59 am

In post 1555, singersigner wrote:
But I swear, if there aren't fucking results, you're scummy enough to me that I don't give a shit what your claim is, you're fucking dead.

Oh Singer ... one look at your ISO says "Coasting scum not scum-hunting" so this empty threat is so darn cute*.

* - Disclaimer : your definition of cute may very. In context it means "Scum Roleblocker warming up for Day 2"
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:09 am

Post by singersigner »

I fucking hate it when people say "just look, it's so obvious." Give everyone some examples. Oh you can't? I guess that's fair since it's
obviously
not true.

This isn't the first time you've harassed me as scum to get by. Look who already had an excuse to make it further in the game without any results. Who the fuck is thinking about a fucking roleblocker this early. HMM.

And what happened to your town read on me? Are you trying to discredit me as town, or paint me as scum? You can only do one at a time, you know. I know you're a hydra and all, but you should really make up your mind.

But I'd really like to see you sit here and claim that everyone else who's lost interest in this game is scum like you tried with Glork. Go on.
Try it

I like tomatoes.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:10 am

Post by singersigner »

FFS, for someone who accuses me of not reading, you sure do have selective answers. :roll:

I like tomatoes.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:16 am

Post by SpyreX »

But I'd really like to see you sit here and claim that everyone else who's lost interest in this game is scum like you tried with Glork. Go on. Try it.

Scum hold a majority.
Scum win!

Yea I dont care I'll hammer any wagon. I'm officially checked out from this game and double officially ignoring MoI.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
MaguaofIllusion
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:18 am

In post 1558, singersigner wrote:And what happened to your town read on me? Are you trying to discredit me as town, or paint me as scum? You can only do one at a time, you know. I know you're a hydra and all, but you should really make up your mind.

But I'd really like to see you sit here and claim that everyone else who's lost interest in this game is scum like you tried with Glork. Go on. Try it.

What do you mean "What happened to your Town read on me"? This head has never had a Town read on you. I called you scum right before my V/LA. The other head does. And we have haven't had a full chance to hash it out yet.

Given you keep referring to Mordor I assume you are attacking Magna not Magua. Yet you now are acting like you can't distingust between the two. So which is it ... can you distinguish between the heads (and thus can make the asssement that this head calling you scum is properly 'metaed') or can't you (and thus the 'what happened to my Town reads)?

And please link to my calling Glork scum due to lack of activity. I'd like you to do that. Otherwise this is just a complete scummy fabrication on your part.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:26 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 1432, MaguaofIllusion wrote:3. Debonair Danny DiPietro - Null. I know of games where DDD has been good by reputation, but they've never been games that I've been in with him.

I was totally the bees knees in the Scummies Winvitational; wasn't on the D1 mislynch; helped lynch scum D2, was killed the next night for having another scums as my target for the next day. Don't let DGB-revisionism cloud your memories.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Quilford
MaguaofIllusion
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
MaguaofIllusion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:28 am

In post 1562, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:I was totally the bees knees in the Scummies Winvitational; wasn't on the D1 mislynch; helped lynch scum D2, was killed the next night for having another scums as my target for the next day. Don't let DGB-revisionism cloud your memories.

That was other head ... this head has played with you.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:32 am

Post by Gammagooey »

i think i like this actually.

unvote, vote:quilford
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:33 am

Post by implosion »

Meh.

Unvote, Vote: quilford

This day really needs to end.

magua, do you die if you try to masonize scum, or does it just not work because no scum will be masonizable?
Wyrd
Wyrd
Goon
Wyrd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:35 am

Post by Wyrd »

Masonizer claim satisfies me.

Unvote:
Vote: Quilford
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:38 am

In post 1563, MaguaofIllusion wrote:
In post 1562, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:I was totally the bees knees in the Scummies Winvitational; wasn't on the D1 mislynch; helped lynch scum D2, was killed the next night for having another scums as my target for the next day. Don't let DGB-revisionism cloud your memories.

That was other head ... this head has played with you.

Hrmph, now I'm going to have to figure out what games I played with him.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:39 am

Post by Gammagooey »

metamafiaaaaaa
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:42 am

In post 1568, Gammagooey wrote:metamafiaaaaaa

Ugh, and that looks like that's it; can't blame him for thinking I'm almost a Nobody Special grade player if that's his only experience with me.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:46 am

Post by singersigner »

I'm referring to Magna, yes, because that's who I'm speaking to currently, is it not? Maybe you can tell Magua not to speak for you because he keeps saying "she should die alignment independent" when it comes to you. The last interactions made it seem like you two had all of a sudden decided that I was town but you were hoping I was scum anyway so I can still die.

So yes, you calling me scum is "properly metaed."

But you'll excuse me if I don't respond to you if you can't agree on a read. I've always said that's a perfect way for hydras to get away with effectively calling everyone scum or town and not committing to anything, especially if they don't make it obvious who posts what ("what? I didn't say that. oh, that was THEIR read, not MINE"). :roll:

Re: Glork...You TRIED to shit on his losing interest (note that I said nothing about activity) and his reputation as being a good scum-hunter/town. Discrediting someone is a way of getting people to believe they're not worth listening to, which is effectively the same as trying to convince someone they're scum. No. You never called him scum. But you sure as fuck don't believe he's town if you're throwing that shit toward him. Tell me, what's the town motivation for shitting all over someone like that if you think they're town? WHAT.

Preview Edit:
FFS WHY DO WAGONS KEEP CHANGING JUST FUCKING LYNCH SOMEONE.
SpyreX, Glork, voting block? Whoever has to most votes next, we'll go there? Cuz ffs, we can't do SHIT without a flip right now.
Gamma, help me. ;_;

I like tomatoes.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:50 am

Post by Gammagooey »

DDD you hammered quadz though that's worth *points* or something

flight to scummer of love leaves tomorrow and i might not be posting any more tonight so
Limited Access until the 26th

singer yes sheep the glorious glork/me/spyrex/ddd ubervote. like i am surprisingly hopeful about a quilford lynch.
Alchemist
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Alchemist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:51 am

Post by Alchemist »

In post 1564, Gammagooey wrote:i think i like this actually.

unvote, vote:quilford

triple voters: engage
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:52 am

Post by danakillsu »

w/e, a Quilford lynch works for me.
unvote vote:Quilford

Don't like glork's vote still, but Quilford's iso was leaning lurker-scum for me.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:54 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 1570, singersigner wrote: Tell me, what's the town motivation for shitting all over someone like that if you think they're town? WHAT.

I don't know. I'm still trying to figure out what the town motivation is to say someone's town, but leave your vote on them anyway, and call it for policy lynch purposes when you don't know anything about them and refer to them as annoying. :shrug:

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”