Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:49 pm

Post by Majiffy »

I'm sorry, Thor, did you essentially just equate someone as town because they had sound logic?

This is not the Thor you are looking for.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:55 pm

Post by Thor665 »

It's more the thought process behind the logic - yes.

If you want to try to get him lynched, that's your business. But last I checked, the point was to lynch scum, not attack my town reads...oh, wait, unless you're scum, so...yeah.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:56 pm

Post by Thor665 »

And even if you think I'm playing poorly and buddying him because *I'm* scum...he's still town.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:57 pm

Post by Majiffy »

I'm not trying to get him lynched, I just think you're being a bit quick on the obvtown reads. This is not the Thor I know and love.

Which means you're probably town, because haven't you been scum in every game I've played with you?

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:01 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Maybe - but I am quick on the town reads regardless so...methinks you just read me badly.
Again - hat's the point of having an issue with me calling someone obv. town "a bit quickly".
At the end of the day, how does this matter to you if you don't think he's scum?
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:04 pm

Post by Majiffy »

More an inquiry than a problem. I just don't see what you see, I suppose.

||
RXK
RXK
Goon
RXK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:12 pm

Post by RXK »

In post 40, Thor665 wrote:
Why aren't you voting right now - do you consider yourself as being overly conservative?

I consider myself to be like 3 pages into the game. If you're gonna call me out for not voting right now then apparently six other players are being overly conservative too.

Actually right now we should probably all take a minute real quick and illustrate the difference between not voting (which 2/3 of the game's members are doing) and being afraid to vote.

The latter thing is what I was trying to get at in that post. I respect that you're not doing the latter.

In post 51, Thor665 wrote: But last I checked, the point was to lynch scum, not attack my town reads...oh, wait, unless you're scum, so...yeah.

In post 49, Thor665 wrote:
@Robo - yeah, but I need some more sheep to finish you off. You do need to die for this gambit because it's a pretty 'meh' gambit to begin with, you're already past the point of it being useful, and
it will amuse me to kill you regardless of your alignment.

Otherwise I have no idea what you're getting at aside from intentionally doing this to fuck with dudes I guess? :neutral:
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:18 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 56, RXK wrote:
In post 40, Thor665 wrote:
Why aren't you voting right now - do you consider yourself as being overly conservative?

I consider myself to be like 3 pages into the game. If you're gonna call me out for not voting right now then apparently six other players are being overly conservative too.

The odd point being, you actually kinda dug into...whoever the heck that was you dug into, for not voting.
All while not voting.
Usually people are either gung-ho about it or laid back. As I recall [player you called out] even specifically said they were still feeling out stuff and wanting to think things over and that they'd have other chances to vote.
You then went 'baw! but U no vote, loser!' all while...not voting.
I just don't understand that dichotomy. And since you're calling me out on a dichotomy surely you agree that dichotomies are odd and you desire to understand them.

In answer to your call out - I was trolling one of them for lulz and calling the other out for acting scummy.
You can take your bets as to which was which.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:19 pm

Post by Thor665 »

@Robo - your read on RXK?
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:29 pm

Post by Majiffy »

||
RXK
RXK
Goon
RXK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:33 pm

Post by RXK »

[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 6#p4130736]
The odd point being, you actually kinda dug into...whoever the heck that was you dug into, for not voting.
All while not voting.
Usually people are either gung-ho about it or laid back. As I recall [player you called out] even specifically said they were still feeling out stuff and wanting to think things over and that they'd have other chances to vote.
You then went 'baw! but U no vote, loser!' all while...not voting.
I just don't understand that dichotomy. And since you're calling me out on a dichotomy surely you agree that dichotomies are odd and you desire to understand them.
[/quote]

I didn't think I really dug into Fujinko as much as I was trying to make a point about just not being afraid to vote in games in general and I probably should have further mentioned specifically that in the post. Majiffy pretty much said what I said too and probably explained it in post 33 better than I did.

Can we attribute that more to a "failure to communicate" sort of deal?

Either way I guess how the townn uses our votes is an important topic in this game and mafia as a whole. Are you more of a guy who would rather use them liberally or no? I guess this may be a stupid question because you do have a vote already, but I guess I'm asking what your policy is about it.
RXK
RXK
Goon
RXK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:34 pm

Post by RXK »

is there a way to fix quote tags if they broke? i tried just quote thor's reply to mine but i think i cut out his post data along with my post.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:34 pm

Post by Majiffy »

That'll do 'er.

VOTE: RXK

Thanks Thor.

p-edit: No, no way to fix them. You could
bold
a request to the mod and see if they'll fix it for you, however.

||
RXK
RXK
Goon
RXK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:35 pm

Post by RXK »

...something i said?
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:44 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Yep. I'll elaborate later.

||
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:56 pm

Post by 194 »

Please do, before someone decides to speedlynch Robo.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:59 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Robo wagon won't be reached any time soon. And if it is, it'll be quite suspect. I need to see more from you and Iknal, as well as ANYTHING from zabriel. Or at least a replacement of his slot.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:00 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Also, any comments on the other happenings of the game since your last post, 194?

||
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:31 pm

Post by 194 »

Not that much. I'm still impressed at Robo's ability to not give a f*ck about the votes of others over him. However, his gambit is basically useless now as it was already pointed out as that: a gambit (and a gambit needs to keep occult in order to work). I still think he's not scum, however.

So, Thor is qualified as experienced? Sorry, I still need some time to grow accustomed to this site's nomenclatures. Also, his reasoning about Hoss being townie seems consistant.

And yeah, we need actions from zabriel and Iknal. I considered myself inactive but those two together have posted less than me.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:40 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 60, RXK wrote:Are you more of a guy who would rather use them liberally or no? I guess this may be a stupid question because you do have a vote already, but I guess I'm asking what your policy is about it.

I'd rather use them than not use them - we're honestly all just sitting around right now waiting for a few more votes to enter play.

In post 68, 194 wrote:Not that much. I'm still impressed at Robo's ability to not give a S*rf about the votes of others over him.

Pssh - we haven't even remotely got tat fire burning yet. You should vote him and see if he stays cool as a cucumber.

In post 68, 194 wrote:Also, [Thor's] reasoning about Hoss being townie seems consistant.

Consistent with what?

In post 68, 194 wrote:And yeah, we need actions from zabriel and Iknal. I considered myself inactive but those two together have posted less than me.

Do you find that scummy of them?
Do you find anything scummy yet?

In post 65, 194 wrote:Please do, before someone decides to speedlynch Robo.

:?
That would bother you? He's even voting himself, so he agrees with the case on him as well.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:41 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Thor is qualified as an IC as well, yes. In fact, he was qualified as an IC before I even came to this site.

||
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:42 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Though whether I'm a qualified IC is another matter.

More people should be voting - that's my 'not the IC in this game' advice.

I'm allowed to lie about my advice in this game.
Townie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:54 pm

Post by 194 »

In post 69, Thor665 wrote:
In post 68, 194 wrote:Not that much. I'm still impressed at Robo's ability to not give a S*rf about the votes of others over him.

Pssh - we haven't even remotely got tat fire burning yet. You should vote him and see if he stays cool as a cucumber.

Could work. I will give it some thoughts

In post 68, 194 wrote:Also, [Thor's] reasoning about Hoss being townie seems consistant.

Consistent with what?

Probably badly worded from me. I was trying to say that reasoning didn't look flawed to me.

In post 68, 194 wrote:And yeah, we need actions from zabriel and Iknal. I considered myself inactive but those two together have posted less than me.

zabriel hasn't posted anything and that can't be qualified in any way. Iknal could be lurking, however, as he has effectively posted but not really contributed. That could be considered scum activity. I will wait for his next post, assuming it happens anytime soon.

That would bother you? He's even voting himself, so he agrees with the case on him as well.

As I was saying before, I still think Robo is townie. However, yeah, he doesn't seem to care about his own life. I won't vote him yet, but once again, I could end up giving that a try.
Iknal
Iknal
Goon
Iknal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:36 pm

Post by Iknal »

Posting to say ill post in 24 hours. Hopefully 12 (ie: after work tomorrow, hopefully before.)
I derive a certain satisfaction from twisting your honourable intentions to my own devious ends :)

Modding: N/A
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:38 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

No. We want that to happen.

RXK? Not much to go off of, but Post #60 is definitely interesting. However I can definitely create scenarios in my head that he does the same thing as either alignment.

194 wrote:Not that much. I'm still impressed at Robo's ability to not give a f*ck about the votes of others over him. However, his gambit is basically useless now as it was already pointed out as that: a gambit (and a gambit needs to keep occult in order to work). I still think he's not scum, however.

So, Thor is qualified as experienced? Sorry, I still need some time to grow accustomed to this site's nomenclatures. Also, his reasoning about Hoss being townie seems consistant.

And yeah, we need actions from zabriel and Iknal. I considered myself inactive but those two together have posted less than me.

If I'm town then why would votes bother me? If I'm scum only votes would bother me. However what if I'm scum posing as town by doing things scum wouldn't do? This is WIFOM. (IC can elaborate on that)

Thor is not your IC, yes he is qualified and very good at it. I'm qualified and don't do it because I am not very good at it. This is Majiffy's game to do it though. He will. If you need help, ask Majiffy, if Majiffy leaves for quite sometime then me or Thor or Iknal will be around.

194 wrote:
In post 69, Thor665 wrote:

Could work. I will give it some thoughts

Consistent with what?

Probably badly worded from me. I was trying to say that reasoning didn't look flawed to me.

zabriel hasn't posted anything and that can't be qualified in any way. Iknal could be lurking, however, as he has effectively posted but not really contributed. That could be considered scum activity. I will wait for his next post, assuming it happens anytime soon.

As I was saying before, I still think Robo is townie. However, yeah, he doesn't seem to care about his own life. I won't vote him yet, but once again, I could end up giving that a try.

Please never do that again. Don't write inside quotes. Just quote and respond, please. Its more of a ease of reading your posts. I didn't even realize what you had done until I looked closer at it.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”