YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:39 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

ConfidAnon replaces drmyshotgun.

Vote Count

2birds1stone - 5(Malakittens, DeltaWave, Venmar, Voidedmafia, Om of the Nom)
Voidedmafia - 3(Ser Arthur Dayne, Scott Brosius, IceGuy)
Ser Arthur Dayne - 2(absta101, FuDuzn)
Malakittens - 1(drmyshotgun)
Venmar - 1(2birds1stone)

13 alive means 7 to lynch.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:03 am

Post by absta101 »

What's the case on 2B1S?
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:23 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

A wild catch-up post appears!

voidedmafia wrote:I would also suggest that, should a cop and doc have the same night, they should both claim (or at least make their claims easy for each other to deduce, and then the doc auto-protects the cop. Do note this ONLY applies if a cop and doc share the same night, as that should garauntee an investigation. If the doc in question shows him/herself to be particularly townie I suppose it's not bad to risk them not shooting the cop.

This . . . doesn't work. Part of me wants to call you out as scum rolefishing here . . . but honestly, I just don't think you see the flaw in your plan yet.

Venmar wrote:- Don't see why we would want everyone that works on a specific night to claim, the chances aren't in our favor really. There's also the chance that a N1 cop would claim and a scum would claim N1 doc and the cop would end up dead, or a N1 cop would claim and no N1 doc would claim because there wasn't one. These are things we should consider, and that scum can always potentially lie themselves into the claim. Maybe not as a doctor because then a dead cop would put them to the noose, but a claimed cop maybe, and claim that a innocent townie turned up as mafia. Really, this will be a interesting game because claims will probably run rampant at one point or another. ( This is my prediction. )

- That said, i disagree with the theory that cop and doc from a specific night should claim. Odds are not in their favor in my opinion, and pulling it off correctly and at the right time are also factors to consider.

This post pings my gut. I can't exactly explain why . . . if I had to analyze why my gut finds this scummy, it would probably be because it doesn't directly interact with any of the players in thread, but spouts off theory/setup discussion in an effort to appear active.

Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Also

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Voided

Bandwagoning, pressuring, pushing a lynch, etc etc...

Pressuring doesn't work if you label it as pressure. >.>

Venmar wrote:- Read the thread. This whole claiming thing is the only thing we are talking about.

Again, I'm getting a "helpful" scum vibe.

--------------------------------------------

Om of the Nom's refusal to read the thread is unfortunate and anti-town, but not scummy.

IceGuy wrote:I don't have a problem with bad plans. I have a problems with bad plans coming from people who should know better. Especially when those plans have a glaring mistake and are based on hoping people read it, don't realize the flaw, and claim fast. Even more so when, after the plan being ripped to shreds, they keep posting stuff like "if you're not an N1 cop, don't claim", implying they want N1 cops to claim so they can just kill them off immediately.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Voidedmafia

This is the most convincing case for voidedmafia being scum that has been laid out thus far. That being said, I still think a mountain is being made out of a molehill. Disagreements in a theory argument can happen just as much in an MD thread as they can in a game thread. If you were discussing this strategy for this setup in MD, you wouldn't find voidedmafia scummy for stating it.

Which is also why I dislike too much theory discussion in game threads, period, because it clogs up the thread with content that is mostly non-indicative of alignment.

venmar wrote:- I disagree. Read my previous posts why, but Voided was not exactly "hugely pushing" an anti-town idea. Even if he was, is this good enough of a reason to ACTUALLY vote for Voided without any other evidence? I understand voting for Voided based on this reason to put down pressure and squeeze more content out of the person, but this is not the vibe i am getting from this post, it sounds more like " this is a perfectly good enough of a reason to lynch Voided ". Perhaps you do mean it in the way i proposed, i don't know, i just disagree that Voided should be the prime target right now.
BEFORE ANYONE ASKS, no, i do not have a prime target in mind yet.

Why so afraid of being asked who you suspect?

That addition to your post feels like you want your posts to be made on your terms, not on the terms of others (who would be questioning you), which makes me think that for whatever reason you don't want to name a suspect. While "careful" play is not something I find inherently scummy (though I disagree with it), the gut read I've gotten from your posts coupled with this makes me suspicious of you.

DeltaWave wrote:Oh shizzle my nizzle, forgot about this game. reading up

I LOL'd.

-------------------------------------------

I'm not seeing the 2b1s case. Especially after the bandwagon built up that quickly. (Though voided looks especially Town among the voters.)

I've gotta VOTE: Venmar. Even though the game has just seven pages, he's already prodded other players to post more three times (I find that scum tend to do this as a way to add an appearance of protowniness to their posts without actually adding content, and three times in seven pages is a bit ridiculous, especially given that the game's been open for four days.) In addition to that, his earlier posts read a lot like trying to appease the Town and appear "helpful." It's also interesting to note how reluctant he was to vote voidedmafia and Scott Brosius in comparison to how quickly he voted 2birds1stone. Tbh, this is the best case so far.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:25 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

Me not reading the thread isn't always unfortunate. I didn't read the thread when replacing in N2 to Mini 1332 and I caught scum withing 3 pages and got NK'ed N4 due to basically being unlynchable.
“Leftover lady, let alone the strongest to be subdued.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

hey beautiful ! how was your day ?
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:26 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

By "unfortunate," I mean annoying and distracting, not unlucky.
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:31 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

How is it annoying and distracting?
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:36 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Everytime you post it, someone is likely to call you out on it, try to lead some kind of a policy lynch, or call you scum for actively avoiding conversation . . . none of which, 99% of the time, will be productive, but things that are bound to happen as soon as you let it be known that you haven't read.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:41 am

Post by Venmar »

Well.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:50 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

Well not reading things is part of my meta. I don't think people are going to try and policy lynch me as often as you think.

ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:58 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Meh, to each their own. If it works for you, have at it. (Sorry for derailing the thread with this.)

Venmar wrote:Well.

????
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:05 am

Post by Venmar »

It's nothing. I am just thinking Anon.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:24 am

Post by DeltaWave »

Compare Voided and 2Birds. They both were thinking along the same lines early on but diverged in their behavior. I'm inclined to call Voided town and 2B scum.
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:34 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 161, DeltaWave wrote:Compare Voided and 2Birds. They both were thinking along the same lines early on but diverged in their behavior. I'm inclined to call Voided town and 2B scum.

A little elaboration, perhaps?

Confid: 1.) This is a brand-new setup. I'd be surprised if there
wasn't
theory and setup discussion.

2.) While I do somewhat agree with you about Venmar's reluctance to vote Scott (and to his credit he did admit that was wrong), why was it bad that he was reluctant to vote me?
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
IceGuy
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
IceGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:45 am

Post by IceGuy »

Okay, the deal with Venmar is: He seems to be a relatively new player who's active and posting a lot. I'm the only player who posted more than he did, and I generally posted only single sentences while he posted entire paragraphs. I mostly agree with Anon re: him. Logically, I'd give him a town read; gut screams scum. The point is that we're going to find out for sure on D2 or D3, though. There is no point lynching him right now.

While I'd still prefer a Voided wagon, I can get on the 2b1s case.

VOTE: 2birds1stone (L-1)

For those of you "not seeing the case": 2b1s pushed a cop claim plan with the argument that a doc would be able to protect the cop 66% of the time, after I and several others had explained to Voided why his plan doesn't work.

He has also not really contributed anything beyond that to the game. He voted Venmar, voted DeltaWave when DW voted him, put the vote back on Venmar after DW told him it was only a pressure vote, called a scumteam based on pretty much nothing (scumtell there), claimed people only voted him because of that vote, ignoring his previous plans, AtE'd and read OmNom as town. That's pretty much his entire contribution to the game, none of which seems towny or constructive in any way and some of it seems scummy.

Actually, re-reading this I'm even more content with 2b1s getting lynched instead of Voided.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:02 am

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 162, Voidedmafia wrote:
In post 161, DeltaWave wrote:Compare Voided and 2Birds. They both were thinking along the same lines early on but diverged in their behavior. I'm inclined to call Voided town and 2B scum.

A little elaboration, perhaps?

Confid: 1.) This is a brand-new setup. I'd be surprised if there
wasn't
theory and setup discussion.

2.) While I do somewhat agree with you about Venmar's reluctance to vote Scott (and to his credit he did admit that was wrong), why was it bad that he was reluctant to vote me?

I have no idea what the second point is in reference to since I didn't mention Venmar, but IceGuy pretty much answered your question in his most recent post.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:08 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

The only part that's talking to you is the "a little elaboration, perhaps?" line. Or did you not see where I put "confid:" to indicate that's to ConfidAnon?

DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:09 am

Post by DeltaWave »

blah i missed that part

ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:26 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

voidedmafia wrote:2.) While I do somewhat agree with you about Venmar's reluctance to vote Scott (and to his credit he did admit that was wrong), why was it bad that he was reluctant to vote me?

When taken in isolation, reluctance to vote you is not bad. I, for one, do not find you scummy at all. But compare his reluctance to vote you with his haste to vote for 2b1s.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:55 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Considering how scummy 2B1S is acting even after his proposed plan compared to the fact that 1-3 of you (including yourself) find me somewhat town outside of my proposed plan, that's not really a good comparison and his vote was fairly justified. It'd make more sense if you though I was scum as well (or at least not town).

absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:06 am

Post by absta101 »

@Mod: How long left until deadline?
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:09 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Day 1 ends on the 7th of July at 21:30 GMT.

(You can find this information at the top of the first post.)
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:19 am

Post by absta101 »

Intent to hammer 2B1S.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:50 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

VOTE: Venmar
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
2birds1stone
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
2birds1stone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:20 pm

Post by 2birds1stone »

IceGuy, you know I'm always like this. I get everyone else's votes, but seriously, have you played a game with me where I haven't OMGUSed everyone and called scumteams for trivial reasons?

Vote still stays on Venmar, but I'm wary of IceGuy.

Does 'intent to hammer' mean claim, absta? Because I'm not going to.
W/L/D = 10/10/3

I drew my avatar myself!
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:28 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

I'm unfamiliar with 2B's meta, can anyone confirm this?

Return to “Completed Open Games”