NY 151: Playground Mafia (Game Over-Mafia Win!)

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2950 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:13 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

Vote Count 5-2

(as of Post 2949)

Psyche (3)
- DLG, HezLucky, redFF
StrangerCoug (2)
- Benmage, maxwell
maxwell (1)
- RachMarie
HezLucky (1)
- Psyche
Benmage (1)
- StrangerCoug

Not Voting (2)
- Maxous, Code_X

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch

Deadline:
Friday, July 13, 2012, 2pm CDT

Replacing:

No one

Prods (48 hours):

None

V/LAs:

No one
Last edited by PeregrineV on Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2951 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:32 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 2946, StrangerCoug wrote:
Mod: Please put another opening quote tag before the quote tag before "As for the other part..."

Done.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #2952 (ISO) » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:52 pm

Post by HezLucky »

Benmage wrote:I WANT TO SEE everyone give their opinion on why they AREN't voting SC IN THEIR NEXT POST.

Sure, I'll vote SC.

I can out that I'm also willing to vote maxwell or Psyche. If I'm extremely right mafia have much bigger targets to fry right now anyway. =D

I could care less which of these three dies now.

StrangerCoug wrote:
#2909: Neither you nor HezLucky is in the slightest confirmed town. From now on, I will ignore any post of yours where you defend HezLucky, and I will also ignore any post of yours in which you whine and complain that you are not my #1 town read.

This sounds like bitter scum. OH NOES YOU GUYS AREN'T CONFIRMED TOWN STOP THAT.
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2953 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:59 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 2942, Maxous wrote:
I'm fine with lynching SC mostly based off his weak voting in D4.

In post 2952, HezLucky wrote:
Sure, I'll vote SC.

Lets start building the wagon.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2954 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:02 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 2941, DLG wrote:@ Benmage and Psyche

Do either of you really think that the Seacore Day 2 lynch was 10 Town plus 1 scum?

And, for the record, I haven't posted this as a question beofre now. But, my thougts about this are on the record and you both have flat-out, patently ignored it. Just in case you are tempted to claim you didn't read it before, go read it right now. Post 2864, under the End of Day 2 analysis spoiler.

And, Benmage, don't fucking ignore me on this. You're not the only one scum-hunting. You are the only one glory-hogging, though. I've made it perfectly clear that I can only see you as scum if there is another scum team. So, quit trying to treat me as if I don't exist in this game.

Really, anybody answer this question.

Whatsup dude?

I read the link. I think you're putting too much into it. Psyche is town. What am I ignoring? Those old questions? You have me down as town, or only scum in a 2 scumteam setup, which it isn't... So why be concerned with pleasing you, when I am catching scum here.... (and I have you down as town too anyways)
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2955 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:04 am

Post by Maxous »

meh

vote:Stranger Coug

that summary on why Ben is scum does'nt impress me.
and I cannot figure out why he was calling Ben scum at the start of the day (as in the reasoning behind it.)
which could merit the forcing consistency point also I suppose.

@DLG: I will take a look at the day 2 wagon/VCA when I get home then and see w/e

@Rach: you said you have a case on Maxwell?

p-edit - :S
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2956 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:09 am

Post by Benmage »

The Seacore lynch:
In post 1956, PeregrineV wrote:
Vote Count 2-12

(as of Post 1937)

Seacore (11)
- Maxous,
scooby
, The Mini-Librarian,
drmyshotgun, kdowns, Junpei,
redFF,
DeasVail, Kublai Kahn
FakeGod,
Psyche
Junpei (8)
-
mastin2
, HezLucky,
Lady Lambdadelta, OhGodMyLife,
Nero Cain
, Code_X, StrangerCoug,
Benmage

redFF (1)
- drmyshottyizsik
DeasVail (1)
-
Seacore

Not Voting (0)
-

With 21 alive, it takes 11 to lynch

Seacore has been lynched!

Yes, it looks bad for the first group to not have an additional scum.

DLG, do me a favor. Draw for me a scenario of full flips, where SC isn't scum.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2957 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:10 am

Post by Benmage »

BTW you can put Hezz into the town slot... unless you think 3 scum all voted next to one another. (Fun fact, find out how often that *never* happens).
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2958 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:11 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 2945, StrangerCoug wrote:
In post 2944, DLG wrote:If not, then why aren't you pushing for a HezLucky lynch based on the fact that he would have had to have known OhGodMyLife was going to flip scum?

Because I cannot get any support for it.

But lynching me is certainly plausible. :roll:
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #2959 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:57 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 2864, DLG wrote:Update to 2527 and 2528.

rack Day 1 lynch - 6 known town, 3 known scum, 4 unknown alignment - {Benmage, RachMarie, Maxous, StrangerCoug}

Spoiler: End of Day 1 analysis
Originally, I hypothesized 3 to 4 scum on this wagon. 3 are now known. Of those four unknowns, I don't want to pursue a lynch on any of them. That means the players off the rack wagon are due serious scrutiny.

This list includes 6 known Town (including me as Macros) and 5 unknown alignment players - {HezLucky, redFF, maxwell, Psyche, Code_X}.

redFF was voting Firestarter (OhGodMyLife). redFF was on this slot consistently and strongly throughout. This is further evidence of redFF as Town.

maxwell (as drmyshottyizsik) was voting Nero Cain. By itself, this means nothing. But, along with later Day indicators, I'm growing strong suspicion on this slot.

HezLucky was voting Benmage. Given my original suspicion of Benmage, I felt this was a Town indicator (off the mislynch and voting a scum read of mine). Now, I'm not so sure. HezLucky is not a top suspect, for me, but I'm willing to listen.

Psyche and Code_X were not voting. My Psyche read is what it is.

The Code_X non-voting is kind of peculiar. Code_X replaced NihilisticNinja shortly before the end of Day 1 and unvoted.

@ Code_X
To the best of your recollection, why did you unvote on replacing in?

Of the 5 unknowns off the rack lynch, my strongest suspects are Psyche and maxwell. Lesser, but still some suspicion to HezLucky and Code_X. See Day 2 and Day 3 analyses for more on HezLucky and Code_X.

Seacore Day 2 lynch - 6 known Town, 1 known scum, 4 unknown alignment players - {Maxous, RachMarie, redFF, Psyche}
Junpei end of Day 2 wagon - 2 known Town, 2 known scum, 4 unknown alignment players - {HezLucky, Code_X, StrangerCoug, Benmage}

Spoiler: End of Day 2 analysis
I do not buy that the Seacore lynch was 10 Town and 1 scum. I'm not much happier with the idea of 9 Town and 2 scum. But, given the set of unknowns, I can maybe accept it. The obvscum in that group of 4 unknown alignment players is Psyche. This is perhaps the strongest evidence of scum!Psyche.

The Junpei wagon unknown alignment players are more difficult to separate. Of note, though, is that once again, HezLucky and Code_X are involved. Combined with my Day 1 analysis, these 2 slots are growing more suspicious.

There were only 2 players not on either of the Seacore or Junpei wagons. Seacore was voting DeasVail (which tells nothing) and maxwell (as drmyshottyizsik) voting redFF. Now, it pushes credulity that a Town player would be voting 2 PR's at the end of consecutive Days. Certainly Day 1, scum couldn't have known Town PR's. But, if there is a scum RoleCop - which seems reasonable - by Day 2 they could have known this. Especially if this slot is the RoleCop. This is theorizing, but the combination of circumstances is becoming compelling.

Day 2 suspects are Psyche and maxwell, with, again, suspicion left over for HezLucky and Code_X. This is becoming a theme.

Fallman7 (Junpei) Day 3 lynch - 2 known Town, 2 known scum, 6 unknown alignment players - {redFF, HezLucky, StrangerCoug, Benmage, Code_X, Maxous}

Spoiler: End of Day 3 analysis
The only players of unknown alignment who weren't on the end of Day 2 wagon on the Fallman7/Junpei slot were redFF and Maxous. I don't have suspicion of either of them. That means that the set of {HezLucky, StrangerCoug, Benmage, Code_X} is once again in the spotlight.

There were 3 players of unknown alignment not on the Fallman7 wagon. Those were RachMarie (as The Mini-Librarian) voting FakeGod (for what it's worth, this sure looks like more evidence of this slot as Town, if it was needed), and maxwell and Psyche not voting.

maxwell replaced into Day 3 in plenty of time to place a vote, therefore he gets full scum points for not voting. That makes for 2 town PR votes and one no-vote from this slot to end three Days. I really can't see this as Town behavior.

So, of the 6 unknown alignment players on the Fallman7 wagon, there are probably a couple of scum and Psyche and maxwell off the wagon not voting.

No surprises, the evidence implicates Psyche and maxwell, with suspicion for HezLucky and Code_X.

FakeGod end of Day 4 lynch - 1 known town (me), 1 known scum, 6 unknown alignment players {Maxous, maxwell, Code_X, RachMarie, Benmage, StrangerCoug}

Spoiler: End of Day 4 analysis
This is the most difficult analysis as it is on a scum and has the least available information. The problem I have is that scum!maxwell had to have gone for a solid bus play and scum!Code_X the same if we are in single scum team. But, given that FakeGod was not the strongest player and the fact that he was just a Goon, this play is not implausible.

After my vote, the RachMarie, Benmage, and Stranger Coug votes seem acceptable. Both Benmage and StrangerCoug were on the OhGodMyLife wagon before joining this wagon. Now, StrangerCoug had abandoned that in favor of a HezLucky vote, but the implication is the same. It seems unlikely that they'd bus two partners when other options could have been found. In particular, StrangerCoug could have avoided this wagon.

The remaining players on OhGodMyLife were 1 known Town and {redFF, HezLucky}. This is probably the strongest evidence of HezLucky as Town. He could have opted off a scumbuddy PR in favor of a scumbuddy Goon, but didn't. For this single reason, I'm unsure about this slot. Still, I've been wrong about a Town read for what seemed to me reasonable evidence (read as OhGodMyLife).

Once again, Psyche was not voting at the end of Day 4. This cannot be Town.

Best take on the Day 4 information is Psyche as scum. He needs to be killed, now. I just cannot see him as Town.

The information above is only spoilered to save space. I don't think it should be ignored, obviously.

The summation is that Psyche is scum and needs to hang, immediately. Everyone should be voting him, now. In particular, see the Day 2 analysis section.

After Psyche, my next most probable suspect is maxwell.

Below them, maybe HezLucky and/or Code_X. These are mostly supported as POE based on the information contained above.

LYNCH PSYCHE! LYNCH PSYCHE! LYNCH PSYCHE!

tl;dr

I know from the conclusion that the analysis isn't worth much.

(sorry for not returning sooner; my internet went out)
You can't step in the same river twice.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2960 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:01 am

Post by Psyche »

I don't think SC is the last mafia, but he could be SK.

For me, it's between Hez, SC and Code_X.

I haven't quite finished looking at Code_X yet, and I probably didn't look at SC hard enough due to my earlier attitude on Hez and a general sense of exhaustion.
Code_X
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2961 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:33 am

Post by Code_X »

In post 2960, Psyche wrote:I don't think SC is the last mafia

What makes you think there is only one more?
Code_X
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2962 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:00 am

Post by Code_X »

VOTE: Maxwell

Most of this is based on what DeasVail has said but there are a number of other things mainly related to drmyshottyiszik. I will explain in due course.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2963 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:50 am

Post by Psyche »

Maxwell's probably town. His interactions with scum don't make sense if he's of a scum alignment.

I suppose my idea that there's only one mafia left is just conjecture. If there is another one, that only makes things easier.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2964 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:09 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

StrangerCoug wrote:
#2909: Neither you nor HezLucky is in the slightest confirmed town. From now on, I will ignore any post of yours where you defend HezLucky, and I will also ignore any post of yours in which you whine and complain that you are not my #1 town read.

You two aren't confirmed
ANYTHING
, admittedly, but all this defending you will look bad for him if and when you flip scum.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2965 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:41 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 2964, StrangerCoug wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:

You two aren't confirmed
ANYTHING
, admittedly, but all this defending you will look bad for him if and when you flip scum.

Woes me, semantics semantics... Who cares if I'm using the word 'confirmed' to mean really really obviously town, that only a retard could possibly think otherwise. Noones saying its actually modconfirmed... so why cry about it? Just blow it off, noone else cares. You're just making smoke.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2966 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:44 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 2963, Psyche wrote:Maxwell's probably town. His interactions with scum don't make sense if he's of a scum alignment.

^Looks like it.
In post 2962, Code_X wrote:VOTE: Maxwell

Most of this is based on what DeasVail has said but there are a number of other things mainly related to drmyshottyiszik. I will explain in due course.

Seems like a waste of time atm... As I think there are a few against his lynch. You might find better use of your time first looking at SC... after that... go nuts.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2967 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:46 am

Post by Benmage »

@Psyche
as the experienced one here. There is zero chance of 1 mafia left.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2968 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:49 am

Post by Psyche »

We need to discuss the differences in our reads.

DLG's mistake is that he tries to give scum intent to inactivity, for example.

If we can agree on 3 unclear reads players, we can, from there, lynch one, scan the other, and lynch based on that.

I'll go over who I believe is probably town.

PreEdit: Oh, okay. Whether you're scum or town, I'm willing to trust that assessment.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2969 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:56 am

Post by Benmage »

Max, or you will be copped... And SC will be lynched. Its not rocket science here.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2970 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:11 pm

Post by Psyche »

TOWN
1. Me
- I have my role PM. 

2. Redff
- Not only is he a claimed doc, but his anti-Firestarter stance (before lynching him was cool) is a de facto town slip

3. DLG 
- Kdowns reads as town, and he was scanned and the Godfather is dead, so...

4. maxwell — replaced shotty; strongly anti-scum, good; interactions with other scum are pretty legit, too

5. Maxous — was antifakegod in a nonbussing way

6. Benmage — townread; town by consistent and unscummy relation with scum

7. Rach — claimed cop

EVERYONE ELSE:
Code_X
HezLucky
StrangerCoug

The town list's weaknesses include:
- the possibility of strategic pre-emptive bussing and sacrifice of a scumbud (which is plausible considering the constant negative attitude toward Firestarter since his first vote, making him pretty good bussing material)

- Complete trust of PR claims

- There's nothing about my play that persuasively clears me as town 

- Emphasis on relationship with scum, and not on reputedly scummy posts (which my experience has shown me to be poor at doing)

We apparently have one more cop scan thanks to cop-doc dynamics.
Depending on the success of our lynch and the setup, between 6 and 7 players will be alive tomorrow and 1-3 will be scum.

If we use our scan on an uncertain player, then tomorrow (worst case scenario), 6 players about whom probable reads can be gained will be alive, and we will be able to lynch with some comfort.

What we should do now is just agree to lynch a player who isn't a clear town read and go from there.

I will for the rest of the day vote for the largest wagon that completes these objectives.

Pedit: if we cop me or max, that'll be a waste
Max is a clear town read. And there's no way I'm ever getting lynched.
We need to scan someone more ambiguous.
In the end, if necessary, you can lynch me when better options are exhausted.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2971 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:13 pm

Post by Psyche »

I'll put Hez in the town slot.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2972 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:14 pm

Post by Psyche »

vote SC

Now to go back to ignoring the thread for months.

Kidding.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2973 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:19 pm

Post by Benmage »

Hezz
your vote will bring SC to L-1... claim, lynch. GG.

Pyche
you, max... I'd add codex.. are all acceptable investigations.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2974 (ISO) » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:24 pm

Post by Psyche »

Code_X would be fantastic. Just sayin'.