DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:09 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Glork, come on. You're an intelligent fellow. Can I be more obvious? You've got to know where I am heading, and if you're Town, and you know where I am heading, you tell me whether it's possible to get protection at night. Don't tell me you can't figure that one out... are you playing dumb?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:15 am

Post by Glork »

I have no idea what you're trying to say.

But to answer your question as you posed it: There is a possibility that players (such as myself) can obtain nightkill protection in this game.
(Now granted, I may or may not know what that possibility/probability is, but there certainly exists one, and it is between 0 and 1.)

Also, I've yet to see a codename come from you, DGB. This is very suspicious.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Cadre
Cadre
Goon
Cadre
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:17 am

Post by Cadre »

Glork what's your codename, I don't understand how Edmond Dantes means anything. I can prove your not scum, or prove that you are with that one (or two) tiny word. It's nothing more than what your asking for, but it will help get trust on your side.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:20 am

Post by Glork »

Edmond Dantes is my codename.

I'm a citizen, hacker, blahblahblah. Is there something else I should be answering?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:22 am

You're not getting codenames from me, or anyone.

I know more than you. WAY more. Now, do you get it?

So Glork, you have no idea whether it's possible to get nightkill protection?

Crap. Unfortunately, I am really going to need it now, I have reached a point of no-return. I am going to need it more than you. WAY more than you.

Let me crack my expert spy knuckles, and demonstrate my awesome power and knowlege. Fasten your seatbelts.

For starters, since we already know, but just to prove my point that I know more than you, Glork...

Pooky is indeed innocent. Pooky's codename is Wolverine. He has no special abilities.

We already knew he was cleared, so he is in no greater risk than he was before I revealed this. But note that I know his codename, and his role. Pooky can back me up, that he has not told me this.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Dur-Galad
Dur-Galad
Goon
Dur-Galad
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:25 am

Post by Dur-Galad »

It's a little late, but bah! Go town!
Fools. I'm a townie. You're wasting a lynch. -Mariyta, Bastard Mod Mafia

GlorkTheInvader (19:43:56): Then I guess I'm a succulent schoolgirls
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:27 am

More to come in a couple of hours.

Meanwhile, if you fellows don't want to twiddle your thumbs, you can vote for Thesp.

Thesp's codename is "Siren." He is in the Red Collective. No special abilities.

vote: Thesp

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:30 am

Post by Glork »

DGB, are you an idiot? When one player comes out with an investigative ability, the right play is *NOT* to come out in order to one-up them and demand doc protection. Had you stayed hidden, the odds of you dying overnight were probably relatively low. Now it is highly likely that one of us (probably me) will be dead by tomorrow morning.

My vote stands for the time being. Counterclaiming an investigative ability in this situation is idiotic, unless you are a hacker aligned with the scumbaggos. Drawing protection away from an outed player who is believed to be pro-town is bad for town, good for scum.

I still want your codename, DGB. If you are as you say, you have nothing to fear by giving it to me.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Cadre
Cadre
Goon
Cadre
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:30 am

Post by Cadre »

Edmond Dantes doesn't fit with the hacker theme, or any theme. You're either not what you say you are or scum.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:35 am

Post by Glork »

O RLY, Cadre?

I think you'll find yourself quite mistaken. I will prove myself if need be, but it will be at the cost of outing another role. The role I out will not be vanilla.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:41 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Glork wrote:DGB, are you an idiot? When one player comes out with an investigative ability, the right play is *NOT* to come out in order to one-up them and demand doc protection. Had you stayed hidden, the odds of you dying overnight were probably relatively low. Now it is highly likely that one of us (probably me) will be dead by tomorrow morning.

My vote stands for the time being. Counterclaiming an investigative ability in this situation is idiotic, unless you are a hacker aligned with the scumbaggos. Drawing protection away from an outed player who is believed to be pro-town is bad for town, good for scum.

I still want your codename, DGB. If you are as you say, you have nothing to fear by giving it to me.
O Rly? Since when were you believed to be protown? I seem to see a lot of players questioning your claim still...getting a little pretentious, are we?
Permanent V/LA.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:45 am

Post by Glork »

JSexton
Thesp (though his opinion seems to have been undermined by DGB's claim)
Thom

Three of the six or so players who have weighed in on this have explicitly stated they think that I'm legit. Nobody (except Cadre, who was cautiously wary of the plan) voted or FoS'd me.

I'd say that gives me street cred, MoS.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Cadre
Cadre
Goon
Cadre
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:46 am

Post by Cadre »

Glork, let me get this straight. Your going to save your ass by putting someone else's in the fire. Not very pro town like in my opinion, but that's just me.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:47 am

Post by Glork »

Cadre: If roletypes are related to themes, I'd like you to explain how "Domino" and "Wolverine" are part of a vanilla townie theme. I'd also like you to explain how "Red Tiger" and "Wolverine" are Red Collective Operatives.

I have more information than I have let on and could be able to find/group people more than you think/know.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:49 am

Post by Glork »

Cadre wrote:Glork, let me get this straight. Your going to save your ass by putting someone else's in the fire. Not very pro town like in my opinion, but that's just me.
Eh, that depends. Do you prefer to keep a second Cop (and then some) or a different non-townie role?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:51 am

Post by Glork »

Plus, Cadre, I'll only be outing the codename's role. Like I said, I don't know who has what codenames. So I'm not outing a specific player... just a role.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:51 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

So you do believe that Wolverine is in the Red Collective? Then why are you still voting DGB and not Thesp?
Permanent V/LA.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:56 am

Post by logicticus »

man oh man, what a turn of events

i just have one question for Glork. How do you know there are multiple hackers like yourself? You have said it a couple times and that they are "pseudo hackers" and I am just wondering where you are coming from with that.

Before the thesp bandwagon begins, I want to hear a confirmation from Pooky.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:00 am

Post by Glork »

MoS, I'm asking Cadre to clarify his claim that all groups have themes. I do not yet believe that Siren is in the Red Collective. Nor do I believe that DGB is completely legit.

I am also keeping in mind one thing. Every bit of role info I know of has some kind of pitfall:
  • I pair codenames to roles, but do not know offhand who those codenames/roles belong to.
  • The codename hacker (which I know for a fact exists) pairs codenames with playernames, but that information is not immediately helpful.
  • The Vigilante, the Roleblocker (whose codename is Blindside -- the same one I dropped earlier -- this is the role/codename I'm revealing to "prove myself") can be tracked to a certain extent because they have to quote their target and drop a keyword in their post.
  • The Search Masons die if they target a scumbag. But they can also be nightkilled by scumbaggos. This is, well... of great concern, wouldn't you say?

DGB? She seems to have no drawback. None whatsoever. My current philosophy is that she is in the Political Correction Agency as an investigative role. A "Political Correction Agency Hacker" if you will. She is given a list of names by her leader and chooses one to hack and obtain role information on. Thus, she can safely out Red Collectives and other town roles without drawing suspicion and without revealing any kind of drawback.

I currently believe that the Red Collective is a potentially larger scumgroup without special abilities. The Political Correction Agency is a smaller group, and they do not know each others' identities, but they are given abilities to make up for these drawbacks. DGB fits the bill of a hacker in the Political Correction Agency from where I'm sitting.

I have one more tidbit of information that will prove me to be as I say beyond a shadow of a doubt. Unfortunately, it will also result in my entire plan up to this point falling to runiation. However, this bit of information will not directly harm anyone, and will not out any specific role information that has not been outed at all.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:02 am

Post by Glork »

logicticus wrote:i just have one question for Glork. How do you know there are multiple hackers like yourself? You have said it a couple times and that they are "pseudo hackers" and I am just wondering where you are coming from with that.
Flavor from my role PM. I follow discussions on (online, I presume) bulletin boards which tell me that there are hackers who are capable of tying codenames to player names.

That's how I know there's a codename hacker out there somewhere.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:03 am

Post by the silent speaker »

First, Thesp, why vote me? Just because of the mason? You aren't giving any reasons.

Second, Glork. I have to admit that "Edmond Dantes" doesn't seem to fit too much with the other codenames out there, but that by itself is not nearly strong enough for Cadre's, "You're either not what you say you are or scum." The plan seems a reasonable enough one to me, made far more so by the fact that DrippingGoofball is pushing so hard against it.

Third, DG. I have been suspicious of her for quite a while, beginning with the Day 1 Thespwagon and running through her failure to help run up Der Hammer, instead throwing fairly ludicrous accuations at me to try and divert from it. (In particular she accused me of a killing whose cause was already known.) The fact that a mason targeted her may have been chance -- there were two kills, after all, the same as every other night -- but it adds a little bit to suspicion. I wouldn't run her up on that alone -- i would be quite hypocritical of me if I did! -- but on top of everthing else.... And now she's fighting Glork tooth and nail. This looks very scummy to me. Especially since Cadre, who is also opposing Glork, is on my scummy list for a couple of other things.

I cannot let this post go by without addressing her remarkable claim of being a full-disclosure cop who has found scum in Thesp. Obviously, it means that one or the other needs ot be today's play, and equally obviously Thesp is the safer of the two, but I have two problems with her role that lean me toward DG instead.
1. The role is overpowered, potentially massively so. We have at least one other cop in the game (as a backup has died), and of the two known scum groups, at least one and possibly both have a handicap.
2. She claims Thesp is Siren. The other Red Collective agent was Red Tiger, and his fake claim suggests that the other members of the Collective are also Red ___ -- as Der Hammer seems to have assumed that a <color><animal> codename would help him.

As against that she claimed information on the undeniably town Pooky. And she may have fed us another Commie to make herself look better, which would make Thesp just as good a lynch.

Vote: DrippingGoofball
but I could be swayed to Thesp. Also,
planvote: yea.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:15 am

Post by Glork »

Bahahaha, TSS and I simulposted and came to the same conclusion that DGB's role is too overpowered as she claims it.

Pwn?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:29 am

I think you ought to wait until Pooky confirms my information.

Wolverine is Pooky. Pooky is cleared. He is a vanilla Townie.

All of you that are voting for ME, instead of Thesp, on whom I have a guilty investigation, are SCUM. ALL OF YOU. There is no other reason why you'd want to get rid of me, rather than someone WITH A GUILTY on him.

Of course, it's normal that I would "out myself"
once I have a guilty
. In fact, I got the guilty yesterday, hence my one vote on Thesp, but the DerHammer wagon took off, and some of you (no doubt, some of you in the Red Collective) ignored MoS's vote for Thesp, as well as mine.

Of course I am going to fight Glork tooth and nail. He is being very clever, trying to get the Town to lynch its own Cop. A maverick move, after playing dumb.

Why don't you believe me that SIREN is in the Red Collective? It is a fact.

Do I have drawbacks? I sure do.

But I have an appointment right now, I'll be back in a coupla hours.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:31 am

I repeat:

Thesp is SIREN, and he is scum.
I have a guilty. If am I wrong, lynch me tomorrow.

The only reason to postpone lynching Thesp is to protect your scumbuddy.

Right?

Right.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”