Nyalite
Goon
Nyalite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:47 am

Post by Nyalite »

In post 173, GreyICE wrote:
In post 167, Nyalite wrote:More importantly I think TAM and Malee are(were) just really bad town. TAM's last vote further adds to that read.

Being an idiot isn't actually a town tell youse

No, being an idiot isn't. But he hasn't done anything scummy. So at this point my read is Idiot. Scum/town unknown.

However I feel like people are mistaking badness for scummy.
Arugula
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:51 am

Post by Arugula »

In post 174, BridgesAndBaloons wrote:
In post 169, Jal wrote:

Amish tell anyone?

I'm not familiar with this tell.

Can you explain (or even better, link to a game you were in that you've used the tell before).

Amished tell is when you replace in and criticize your predecessor. In theory, scum should be worried about how their predecessor looked while town shouldn't.

It's not
that
strong of a tell, but it isn't something to be ignored either.

@Jal
I don't see where Fenin was scummy either, but I think DoubleJD's point was that lurkers are being given a free pass because of all the focus on Malee/TAM.
DoubleJD
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:13 pm

Post by DoubleJD »

VOTE: jal

The Amish tell would be great, but the post directly before asked for my opinion on my predecesor. Your looking for reasons to vote someone instead of reasons people might be scum.

So hi scum, and gg
You got me!
DoubleJD
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:16 pm

Post by DoubleJD »

Also no, just no. You were here long after greyice posted and replaced brindibar.
You got me!
DoubleJD
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:21 pm

Post by DoubleJD »

@b&b: Im not asking for a mass claim. In asking for the two people under the most scutiny to tell us their partners. It's also something else that ill explain after they do.
You got me!
DoubleJD
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:24 pm

Post by DoubleJD »

In post 171, Jal wrote:Sorry - looking back I was confused about one thing. Yellowbounder, why do
you
want replacements to look at their past selves at all? :?

Have you fully caught up yet then?

Wait, you acknowledge this?
You got me!
Nyalite
Nyalite
Goon
Nyalite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:41 pm

Post by Nyalite »

In post 180, DoubleJD wrote:
In post 171, Jal wrote:Sorry - looking back I was confused about one thing. Yellowbounder, why do
you
want replacements to look at their past selves at all? :?

Have you fully caught up yet then?

Wait, you acknowledge this?

So you voted for someone without reading all their latest post?

Also I've never heard of the amish tell, but the way arug describes it's because you criticized the person you replaced. Yellow didn't ask you to do that.
Nyalite
Nyalite
Goon
Nyalite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:43 pm

Post by Nyalite »

Also this whole Fennin was scummy thing is stupid. Fennin basically made one post of any content, and it was as if he was Malee. There is nothing to find scummy or not scummy about it.

This is distracting from the players that are in the game and figuring out who is scum.
DoubleJD
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:56 pm

Post by DoubleJD »

I did. Im on my phone and focused on her wall instead of the hidden line inside a post directed to someone else. It's certainly similar to not reading a post directly above a wall don't you think? Why aren't u criticising jal as well then? That's odd. Also odd that u continue to vote for TAM when you have nothing on him. Tell me then, who do u think is scum and why are u voting TAM instead?
You got me!
DoubleJD
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:58 pm

Post by DoubleJD »

Attack jal, nal defends. Found another pair, or is it a quadra?
You got me!
Nyalite
Nyalite
Goon
Nyalite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:12 pm

Post by Nyalite »

In post 183, DoubleJD wrote:I did. Im on my phone and focused on her wall instead of the hidden line inside a post directed to someone else. It's certainly similar to not reading a post directly above a wall don't you think? Why aren't u criticising jal as well then? That's odd. Also odd that u continue to vote for TAM when you have nothing on him. Tell me then, who do u think is scum and why are u voting TAM instead?

My reasoning for voting TAM was very clear in the post that I voted for him. He suddenly switched his vote over to charter with almost no explanation. I said as much, voted him and asked him to explain.
Not sure how that is unclear.

I'm not sure about who scum is because this thread has been very distracted by the Malee/arug argument, and Malee and Fennin being replaced. Also TAM being all over the place.

Also I don't care what Jai did nor is it relevant. You didn't bother to read the rest of the thread before voting/attacking someone.
DoubleJD
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:22 pm

Post by DoubleJD »

In post 175, Nyalite wrote:
In post 173, GreyICE wrote:
In post 167, Nyalite wrote:More importantly I think TAM and Malee are(were) just really bad town. TAM's last vote further adds to that read.

Being an idiot isn't actually a town tell youse

No, being an idiot isn't. But he hasn't done anything scummy. So at this point my read is Idiot. Scum/town unknown.

However I feel like people are mistaking badness for scummy.

Post 167 and 175. That's why I'm attacking u for having a lingering vote on TAM...someone u think is town.
You got me!
Nyalite
Nyalite
Goon
Nyalite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:30 pm

Post by Nyalite »

In post 186, DoubleJD wrote:Post 167 and 175. That's why I'm attacking u for having a lingering vote on TAM...someone u think is town.

There is no where better to put my vote. Also TAM is still being bad, which is why I voted for him. Not scummy, just bad.
DoubleJD
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:49 pm

Post by DoubleJD »

Really? Am I in the right game? We have a maximum of two lynches, and u want to use one on a person u don't think is scum. Good plan, im sure its easier to lynch correctly on day2.
You got me!
Nyalite
Nyalite
Goon
Nyalite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:15 pm

Post by Nyalite »

In post 188, DoubleJD wrote:Really? Am I in the right game? We have a maximum of two lynches, and u want to use one on a person u don't think is scum. Good plan, im sure its easier to lynch correctly on day2.

Woah. Calm down. No need for all the sarcasm. I don't want to lynch TAM, I want to him to explain himself, his last couple votes have been really bad. The last two he just suddenly followed other players and voted for people without explaining why. He needs to explain his charter vote and why he suddenly switched to snake after you said we should go after lurkers.

However having my vote on him seems to be stirring you up, so it has apparently been very useful.
DoubleJD
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:30 pm

Post by DoubleJD »

Ya I realised that was a bit uncalled for after I hit submit. I'm doing that thing again where I endlessly attack my scumspects. Sorry guys still a newb. I'll chill.

Jal, nyal, and malee are the scummiest to me. TAM seems linked to mal, but nyal doesn't seem linked to TAM. So somethings wrong.

Arugala isn't linked to TAM or malee though, and that's something

Who the fuck knows about half the other players.

Anyway, hi. I'm doublejd, and I feel I've sufficiently introduced myself to the game lol.
You got me!
Nyalite
Nyalite
Goon
Nyalite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:41 pm

Post by Nyalite »

Can you substantiate your scum claims?
Nyalite
Nyalite
Goon
Nyalite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:47 pm

Post by Nyalite »

Also, normally I wouldn't mind a bit of sarcasm. I wasn't offended or anything.

But this game has proven to be very distract-able and I think right now throwing little quips back and forth will only distract us more from finding scum.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:50 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

VOTE COUNT 1.9

The Acting Method (3): GreyICE, Nyalite, BridgesandBaloons (L-4)
Hiraki (3): Arugula, Slandaar, Charter (L-4)
Jal (2): SnakePlissken, DoubleJD (L-5)
SnakePlissken (1): The Acting Method (L-6)
Yellowbounder (1): Hiraki (L-6)
DoubleJD (1): Jal (L-6)

With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch.

Fun fact: Modding is slightly more fun than actually playing
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
DoubleJD
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
DoubleJD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:57 pm

Post by DoubleJD »

Ill try to be discrete since I've already clogged up the thread.

Jal: because his attack on me is based on an outdated tell that doesnt even apply. It's an argument for justifying a vote but not finding scum

Nyal: because I hate your reasoning for voting someone u think is town.

Malee: because I have a town read on arugula, and I actually like the reasoning for the random vote on her.
You got me!
Nyalite
Nyalite
Goon
Nyalite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:05 pm

Post by Nyalite »

In post 194, DoubleJD wrote:Nyal: because I hate your reasoning for voting someone u think is town.

I voted for him because of his post on charter in #134. He never explained his reasoning. I voted for him and asked him to explain himself. He never really adequately explained it in my opinion.
Then he changed his vote to snake, because snake was lurking? Even though charter is also lurking and TAM thought he did something worthy of a vote. But changes it before charter even replies.

A weak vote with a confused explanation for it. Sudden change in vote from someone you accuse of being scum to a "lurker" even though the person you switched from is also lurking.
That warrants a vote in my book.
The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:18 pm

Post by The Acting Method »

Um, Nyal... read through the game... Pretty sure I explained... Or have I not yet because I left for awhile... (in fact in my next post after you asked for an explanation. I believed it happened.)

I believe I explained the charter vote, and I thought I had explained the snake vote.

Frankly (on the latter one) I agreed with JD's comment that the lurkers need to be posting more and decided to focus on the one who hadn't posted recently.

I thought about leaving it on charter, but frankly I decided not to.
All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players.

Theater Season Mafia STARTING SOON!!!!
Nyalite
Nyalite
Goon
Nyalite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:33 pm

Post by Nyalite »

In post 196, The Acting Method wrote:Um, Nyal... read through the game... Pretty sure I explained... Or have I not yet because I left for awhile... (in fact in my next post after you asked for an explanation. I believed it happened.)

I believe I explained the charter vote, and I thought I had explained the snake vote.

Frankly (on the latter one) I agreed with JD's comment that the lurkers need to be posting more and decided to focus on the one who hadn't posted recently.

I thought about leaving it on charter, but frankly I decided not to.

You don't sound to sure of yourself.

You tried to explain your charter vote but it was not a very good explanation at best.

More importantly, Charter is almost lurking as much as snake is, except (this is the important bit)
You voted on Charter as a scum.
And he has been lurking ever since you voted for him.

???

How can you vote for Snake for being a lurker, when charter lurked away your vote on him.

@Mod Can we get a prod on Snake? The only things he has posted is one RVS vote and a prod dodge.

That is how you deal with lurkers. Not votes.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:39 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 197, Nyalite wrote:
@Mod Can we get a prod on Snake? The only things he has posted is one RVS vote and a prod dodge.

His last post was yesterday, well within the 72 hour grace period for a prod. However his next prod will be his second, and three prods = replace
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Nyalite
Nyalite
Goon
Nyalite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:52 pm

Post by Nyalite »

In post 198, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 197, Nyalite wrote:

His last post was yesterday, well within the 72 hour grace period for a prod. However his next prod will be his second, and three prods = replace

Fair enough.

Return to “Completed Open Games”