Abarat: Days of Magic, Nights of War Mafia (Endgame)

Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:06 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

Fuckin Fate. Took you long enough. Also, getting to whatever questions and whatnot. Yesterday I was too fucking lazy to post after the replenishment came because I had just gotten home and was on LoL. Today, I literally just got home.

Agar, I'm minding my post number with great detail, even when I was drunk and fucked that triple post up. There was a reason I didn't go anywhere near a ninth post; even though I
could
have without getting any sort of punishment, I sure as hell didn't want to risk coming close to #10. I would probably not play a mafia game again for a long time, at least a year plus, if I was bad enough to accidentally end a day, modkill myself, and basically buttfuck the town just because I posted too much, no matter how badly I wanted a lynch.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:32 pm

Post by Llamarble »

CES makes a good point; it often takes me a little while to get into a game and TOWNINATE.
My scumgame that was closest to my townmeta (Consulmaker) started out fast and then I was unable to keep the pace up, whereas I've had several slow starting D1s as town that turn into 200ish post games (Animal Rescue comes to mind). I'm not going to bother explaining my meta too much this game though. I've decided it's everyone else's job not to lynch me and my job to find scum. Unless there are a few particular reasons that make me obvtown, but yeah I won't be wasting much time on it.

Fate

Llamarble

Regfan

4nx

I like that he wants to know why I disagree with him about Petapan. Scum post reads to post reads; town post reads because they believe in something and have much more of an expectation that others should agree with them. His critique of Flash 189 is a similar deal.

His reaction to Shinori's posting was similar to mine, and the explanation of townfrustration vs scumfrustration is solid.
OAFE's dissonant posts are a reasonable thing to take interest in / push on; 304 is generally good.

He has been terse enough that I don't think his play so far is extremely unfakeable, but yeah overall town so far.

Bella

Based on this interaction, I'd be willing to state that Magister Ludi is almost certainly town, and AGar appears much less so, for his attack and vote on ML and his strong pushing of his opinion on MoI's claim here and in other posts.

I still think this is the best part of Bella's ISO. Her impression of Agar makes sense and I can see how she got there. And scum don't just throw something like "X is almost certainly town" off the cuff quite as often as town.

She has also been assertive so far and her interaction with MoI sounds like somebody with a sense of righteousness derived from her alignment.

I'd like her to talk more because you can only be so confident off 6 posts, but yeah she gets to be greenish.
Apparently ", but yeah" is the sentence structure of the day...

Agar

Topics he has talked about:
ML looking for flavor info
Shmugen not liking incendiary players
MoI's claim matching up with people he didn't like
Disagrees with Nuwen about condensing votes

Voting somebody for doing something that might be a waste of time / being unaware of available information in RVS is pretty meh. He also hasn't put very much real estate into supporting his vote on me.

Information insufficient. I'll come back to this I guess; I also need to check if he has scummeta of being disdainful ("you're a moron," "Suck it up Mina," etc.). If that is his scummeta then he'll probably be at least pink but we'll see.

Chesskid
Flash
Hindu
Hito
KW
Magister Ludi
MoI
Minimum
Nuwen
OAFE
Petapan
RC
Seraphim
Shinori
Shmugen
Staeg
Sword
UT
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:33 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 320, Minimum wrote:

Agar wrote:Llamarble looks way worse to me, everything about his posting just screams scum trying to just cause confusion instead of trying to actually do anything productive.

What does that even mean? How is that an actual scumtell, and how exactly does someone go about "trying to cause confusion instead of trying to do anything productive"?

Chides me early D1 for voting someone over a misunderstanding.
Doesn't understand a post I make.
Votes me.

wheeeeeeeee

How is causing confusion in any benefit to the town? It isn't. How does it benefit to the scum? Less coherency in a town leads to far more inaccurate reads, far more clutter to sort through and far more opportunities for a player's slips to be covered up.

Ergo, "scumtell". Or, more accurately, reasoning for a vote. Scumtell implies that it's something that is directly telling of scum on a consistent basis. I think this isn't consistent for all players (this is also fairly common behavior in VIs to simply post inane bullshit that only clutters the thread), but a player like Llamarble - who isn't a terrible player - behaving in this manner does not sit well with me at all, enough that I'm willing to lay the vote down there.

Read his posts - he keeps posting shit like "Well I know this in my scum meta but LOLOL FUCK IT!" or "I'm not actually reading this game, but HURR BE MY READS."

How does that help ANYTHING stay clear? It's pretty much intentionally trying to inject WIFOM into every turn, because when a player is self-aware of a meta, you have to worry about them manipulating it. This is ten times worse because now it's "Is he fooling us into thinking that he'd manipulate his own meta as scum, but just wants us to bite on that hook and semi-clear him?"
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:02 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

So do it seraphim.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:19 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

VC 15 (Session 1, VC 15)

(5)
Llamarble:
Strain,
AGar, Seraphim, petapan, MagnaOfIllusion
(Flash)
[L-7]
(5)
OnceAndForEver:
4nix3ty, Hinduragi, RedCoyote, Staeg, The Two In One [L-7]
(4)
Shinori:
Nuwen, Shmugen, Magister Ludi, chesskid3
(4)
AGar:
Untrod Tripod, Karen Walker, Shinori, Minumum
(3)
petapan:
Strain
Strain
, OnceandForEver
(2)
chesskid3:
Strain
, Llamarble
(2)
Hinduragi:
Strain
Strain

(2)
Fate:
Strain
Strain

(1)
Bella:
sword_of_omens
(1)
MagnaOfIlluision:
Bella
(1)
Karen Walker:
Flash
(0)
RedCoyote:
(Minimum)

(1)
Not Voting:
Nachomamma8

Post Counts

This is a Replenishment votecount. All post limits have been reset. Next Replenishment votecount is in roughly 24 hours.

Permenant Strain:
chesskid3
(1),
petapan
(2),
Fate
(2),
Hinduragi
(2),
Llamarble
(1)
Active Roleblocked: Hinduragi

With 23 votes in play, it takes 12 to lynch.

Automatic Termination of the First Session(expired on 2012-07-31 19:00:00)

sword_of_omens, MagnaofIllusion, Bella, and Nuwen are V/LA until Monday. RedCoyote is V/LA until Tuesday.

Untrod Tripod has been prodded.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:20 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Like seriously parking on Llama and talking about how much you want to vote me?
Dafuq?
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:50 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

I really like Seraphim response to me. I think he is town.

I also like Agar's recent post. I didn't actually have a problem with his early game questioning of me, and that seems to be the stated or hidden reason most people are voting for him.

I still think Shinori is a worthy lynch today. Agar's post concerning minimum seems valid. Minimum could be scum here.

As for Onceandforever, I'm sorry but I just can't bring myself to vote him today barring something extraordinary. I think he is town as well.

Nuwen said she raid my question and will respond later, but this is just a reminder to do so, as sometimes these things slip the mind.
Llamarble
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Llamarble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:02 pm

Post by Llamarble »

Agar can be disdainful/pushy as scum.

I also don't like
Hindu, chill the fuck out dude. Last thing I'd like to see end Day 1 is a 9-post lightning strike, sets us back way far.

Why go out of your way to say that the modkill is something you don't want instead of just "dude watch out for the 9 posts rule."

I don't think his posting is impossible from town, but yeah I think he'll be pink.

Not going to put any read I came up with while tired on my deepreads list though. I intend to do this right.

I'm not sure Agar town wouldn't say "I'm not actually reading this game but HURR BE MY READS," but that is a pretty serious exaggeration of me giving impressions based on partial information while acknowledging I didn't have the full story yet. The meta accusation isn't unfair though. I intend to be read off of the sheer effort of my scumhunting so it doesn't really matter what I say early.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:03 pm

Post by Regfan »

MoI, I know you might find this annoying but answering the question will make Fate and my interaction a lot easier. I'm fairly certain that your role is knowing that between Bella / Chesskid / Petapan that at least one of them is
not
aligned with Day and confirmation that I'm right here will clear a lot up.

I have to agree with CES here, while my town-read on Llama has been decreasing in strength drastically and I find his reads and 'i haven't read the thread' sort of attitude to be really bad he's not a good D1 lynch, if he's town he's going to contribute and provide a lot of content to read him easier of in the next day or two and if he's scum then we'll be able to become a lot more sure of it later on plus have a lot to hunt for interactions inside of.

I'm looking at strong town-reads on Flash, Hindurgai, Ludi, MoI, Minimum, Peta, Shmugen and Seraphim right now with iffy town-reads that I'll need to reassess at some point very soon on 4nxiety, Llama, Chesskid and Nuwen. Also think RC is more likely SK or town right now than scum though that's somewhat related to his interaction with my scum-reads. Prefer Bella / OAFE / Staeg lynches to the rest right now but want a lot more from the lurkers.
Minimum
Minimum
Goon
Minimum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:09 pm

Post by Minimum »

In post 323, Flash wrote:The agar wagon is still really bad.

Yes, but I think there's a decent chance he's scum despite that.

@Seraphim, I think the fully worked out fake claims part of the set-up makes that type of consideration fairly null.

As for lynching Llamarble, he said it well enough himself and I'll just point out the Replenishment PR. (Recent push on him is also based on silly stuff.)

In post 327, AGar wrote:How is causing confusion in any benefit to the town? It isn't. How does it benefit to the scum? Less coherency in a town leads to far more inaccurate reads, far more clutter to sort through and far more opportunities for a player's slips to be covered up.

It would benefit the scum but that really is almost entirely theoretical. Scum don't randomly decide to try and cause confusion and 'marblescum certainly wouldn't.
Flash
Flash
Goon
Flash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:23 pm

Post by Flash »

In post 327, AGar wrote:but a player like Llamarble

What games have you read or been in with llamarble?
(I'm trying to see this CES, I really am).
Minimum
Minimum
Goon
Minimum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:12 pm

Post by Minimum »

I. Shmugen

@Chamber - I'm calling Shinori's reactions extreme, flinchy, like someone going through exaggerated motions to not fall on ice. I believe it to be scummy in this instance, but my gut is whispering that it also screams newbie and maybe I'm getting them confused, but my gut's track record on mafiascum is abysmal.

This is a Mina/CES hydra. :P Anyway, something niggles at me, and I'm not sure if it's cognitive dissonance or just clumsy writing:

I'm torn on Shinori. Am I really just thinking he's too new and would pull those sorts of extreme reactions? Some of you have townreads on the slot, why so?

The first sentence in that quote expresses doubt in your Shinori scumread. The second sentence says you think he might be newbie town overreacting. But the third sentence is asking people why they have townreads on him? Or is the second sentence implying you think he's scum faking it (as a newbie)?

Also, if you're "torn" on Shinori, what makes you want to vote him over your other suspects?

(A viable wagon means one likely to get the person lynched, not one on a person you suspect. Did you misspeak?)

II. Flash

I didn't ask because your hydra seemed dissonant, but because I wanted to know if Nexus had any input at all. Out of curiosity, what's the source of the disagreement on Staeg?

III. MagnaofIllusion

MagnaofIllusion wrote:Hey Minamum ... you don't get to throw stones about NOT sharing full reasoning behind votes when you keep referring to how your partners wants to keep things on the Down-Low regarding your reads ... Just an FYI

Leaving aside the ad hominem fallacy (whether I do something has no bearing on whether it's scummy when
you
do it)...no, those aren't remotely related. I'm not attacking you for not giving full reasoning behind votes. I'm attacking you for giving
shitty
reasons.

You quoted one sentence of Llamarble's and said he'd never say that as town. I found your reaction completely overblown given that I don't think falling behind during the first RL days of a game is that uncommon. And the timing and presentation of the AGar vote had a similar feel (although in that case, I thought your attack was more justified): a weak point with little conviction against the whipping boy
du jour
. From my POV, those votes look either like lazy bussing or opportunism. Hence why they break my brain when I have no clue why you'd fakeclaim.

So are you going to defend your reason for voting Llamarble as something
other
than shitty?

IV. AGar

In post 327, AGar wrote:
In post 320, Minimum wrote:

Agar wrote:Llamarble looks way worse to me, everything about his posting just screams scum trying to just cause confusion instead of trying to actually do anything productive.

What does that even mean? How is that an actual scumtell, and how exactly does someone go about "trying to cause confusion instead of trying to do anything productive"?

Chides me early D1 for voting someone over a misunderstanding.
Doesn't understand a post I make.
Votes me.

wheeeeeeeee

For the record, you're not being voted for that post alone (although it definitely played a part).

(Also, don't provoke me. Had it not been for the posting cap, I would have been a bitch in response to "LOL, you clearly haven't read my post, you illiterate dumbass, because I explained why I kept a crappy vote on Ludi." It was pretty clear I read your posts but didn't buy your Ludi suspicions.)

How is causing confusion in any benefit to the town? It isn't. How does it benefit to the scum? Less coherency in a town leads to far more inaccurate reads, far more clutter to sort through and far more opportunities for a player's slips to be covered up.

Ergo, "scumtell". Or, more accurately, reasoning for a vote. Scumtell implies that it's something that is directly telling of scum on a consistent basis. I think this isn't consistent for all players (this is also fairly common behavior in VIs to simply post inane bullshit that only clutters the thread), but a player like Llamarble - who isn't a terrible player - behaving in this manner does not sit well with me at all, enough that I'm willing to lay the vote down there.

Myself has ninja'd me on this one. In theory, someone "posting to confuse" has a detrimental effect on the town. But
who the fuck actually does that
?

No, seriously. Who goes, "Whee, I'm going to post actively and change my mind a lot, because this way the town will be less coherent!" Never mind that this is a ridiculous characterization of Llamarble's posting style, since he's playing like a rational human being, not spamming the thread with orca pictures.

Read his posts - he keeps posting shit like "Well I know this in my scum meta but LOLOL FUCK IT!" or "I'm not actually reading this game, but HURR BE MY READS."

How does that help ANYTHING stay clear? It's pretty much intentionally trying to inject WIFOM into every turn, because when a player is self-aware of a meta, you have to worry about them manipulating it. This is ten times worse because now it's "Is he fooling us into thinking that he'd manipulate his own meta as scum, but just wants us to bite on that hook and semi-clear him?"

These are plausible reasons to suspect him, but why do you think Llamascum's motivation for using WIFOM or self-meta is "distract the town from scumhunting by being confusing", as opposed to "look more town"?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:32 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I pledge my loyalty to the President and the land of Abarat
My readiness and duty to defend the flag of our Town
My life, strength and service in the task of hunting scum
In the living spirit embodied in our National motto 'Kill it with fire'
and perpetuated in the SDC philosophy of Rage, Pride, and Accuracy.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Flash
Flash
Goon
Flash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:46 pm

Post by Flash »

In post 336, Minimum wrote: Out of curiosity, what's the source of the disagreement on Staeg?

Cluttering the thread with hydra's airing their dirty laundry isn't worth satiating your curiosity. I regret making that comment at all in hindsight.

In post 337, Nachomamma8 wrote:I pledge my loyalty to the President and the land of Abarat
My readiness and duty to defend the flag of our Town
My life, strength and service in the task of hunting scum
In the living spirit embodied in our National motto 'Kill it with fire'
and perpetuated in the SDC philosophy of Rage, Pride, and Accuracy.

Wtf?

This post was originally made by chamber and requoted for the hydra. Deleted the chamber post and edited this one to not be a quote. -hito
Last edited by hitogoroshi on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:23 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

ANYWHO

Vote: OnceAndForEver

Town:
Shumgen
chamber
Hindu
chess
peta
MoI
Llama

I'm tired so that's all you're getting for now, but I have to say that I likethe idea of forcing people who are scummy to roleblock themselves. It won't stop the factional kill, but we might be able to tie some scum hands overnight. Candidate #1 would have to be this bullshit, which doesn't sound useful to town at all anyways. Also, we should force anyone who claims VT to roleblock themselves since we'd have nothing to lose by doing so. Establishing this rule also forces scum who want to use their power to claim PR, which shortens their lifespan considerably.

chamber that was just me announcing my glorious return
you wouldn't understand, though. canadians don't know anything about glory.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Flash
Flash
Goon
Flash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:35 am

Post by Flash »

Although forcing vanillas to RB themselves is reasonable, it likely would have been best to leave saying so until after we had a claim. The rule is only in effect for today after all.

I'm very opposed to making a large group of 'scummy' people all take no action. Scum abilities tend to be focused around stopping town powers, which means they need to have an idea of who the power roles are to be effective, this makes their relative power taper up over the course of the game. On the other hand town power roles tend to be relatively flat in power. Given that we can only institute the block today I feel its unlikely to actually stop anything productive from scum, but could easily hamper 1 or more town caught in our 'scummy' group.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:51 am

Post by Seraphim »

minimum wrote:@Seraphim, I think the fully worked out fake claims part of the set-up makes that type of consideration fairly null.
The fake claims are not "full" if I remember correctly.

Nachomamma's plan has merit but I'll leave you guys to debate that because...

Mod: V/LA until Friday
OnceAndForEver
OnceAndForEver
Goon
OnceAndForEver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:05 am

Post by OnceAndForEver »

The idea of mass roleblocking people you find scummy bothers me.

Hindu-Peta. Do the stuff I asked you to.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:31 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Regfan wrote: MoI, I know you might find this annoying but answering the question will make Fate and my interaction a lot easier. I'm fairly certain that your role is knowing that between Bella / Chesskid / Petapan that at least one of them is notaligned with Day and confirmation that I'm right here will clear a lot up.

You are correct … at least one of the three of them is NOT aligned with Day.

I thought my response to KW’s post showing it was a typo should have made that clear. My apologies (to you Reg) if it did not.

--

Minamum wrote:CES says that Llamarble is an extremely suboptimal D1 lynch, for the record.

Why is that again? I know in White Flag Mafia CES never floated anything of this sort of thought process … we wanted Llama scum dead right form the start.

Minamum wrote: What makes me paranoid is that your AGar vote was equally half-assed and opportunistically timed.

So exactly what part about AGar focusing completely away from scum-hunting (attacking ML’s flavor question as scummy when he can’t come up with a clear scum motivation for such (IMP) and his obsession with my Information when it should be clear it isn’t something I’m ever going to say “Lulz, Gambit” on) as I’ve explained makes my vote half-assed again?

Minamum wrote: You quoted one sentence of Llamarble's and said he'd never say that as town. I found your reaction completely overblown given that I don't think falling behind during the first RL days of a game is that uncommon. And the timing and presentation of the AGar vote had a similar feel (although in that case, I thought your attack was more justified): a weak point with little conviction against the whipping boy du jour. From my POV, those votes look either like lazy bussing or opportunism. Hence why they break my brain when I have no clue why you'd fakeclaim.

Again … your lack of seeing me directly comment on Llama doesn’t mean I haven’t had my eye on him since his first post doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. If you want to continue to push the “lack of clarity indicates shitty bussing / opportunism’ by all means go ahead. It’s pointless and stupid but indulge yourself in arguing against half your slot if you want.

Llama’s ISO is filled with posts that I don’t see coming from a Town-Llama perspective. I’ve played with him as Town in Atomic Mafia (he was part of a hydra with Grey and I was Town) and WinVitiational (I was scum). And he was on my Team Mafia team (which you directly know) and I got to see his Team QT posting about his difficulty in replicating his Town playstyle up close and personal. Let’s look at some of what I’m seeing that I find indicates scummy Llama (aside from what I quoted when voting him which was the capper) –

Llama at 52 wrote:Haha when I try to post more concisely / less vomitflowy it ends up looking like my first whiteflag post.
Ah well you can chew on that wifom. Seems like a good thing to add to early D1.

Why is adding WIFOM a good thing for Town? If he was Day aligned the Night are already going to know he isn’t on their teams so it’s not like it is fooling them. It would only serve to make things harder on his Team (unless he’s Comexxo ).

Scum who knows he can’t replicate his Town game easily (which I know he believes) knows this post is going to look like a scum-Llama post. So he adds this in for the “Oh, scum would never say that …” factor.

His hop on the Shin wagon at also strikes me as bad. I’ve seen scum Shin up close. His posting here is 500% more sane than when scum-Shin caught the slightest pressure and flailed. Granted he may have improved dramatically since then but I don’t think Shin posts at the level he has with this playerlist if he is scum.

Llama at 100 wrote: MoI's claim is weird, but if he makes it a 100% NO REDACTION claim I'll play along to lynch 1/3.
I can buy its existence in the setup from Hito.

Disconnect here … if he can buy the existence of my claim why was it ‘weird’?

Llama at 125 wrote:Your lone vote on me is already clouding my thinking because instead of scumhunting tonight I'm writing a response to you and whoever that other guy was.

Um whut? He’s worried about a single vote enough that it can ‘cloud his thinking’ and thus throw off his scum-hunting? That’s absurd. I’m leaning on my Winvitational experience with him here … there as Town he laughed off pressure and was laser focused on pointing out scum.

Llama at 191 wrote: I'll actually read the game fairly soon.

Llama at 242 wrote: I havent' actually read most of the posts in this game yet, but once I do I'll post a list of reads.

And here we have the topper for me … these say “I’m not paying attention”. Do an ISO of him and look at his posts. The amount of opinions he shares do not look like someone who has missed most of the game. I see these as “Excuse to change whatever position I previously held because LULZ, NOT READING” justifications being primed.

Finally his “Deeper Read” list that he begins at is not how Town Llama does things. Town Llama gets his reads and pushed them. What he's doing here is bascially active-lurking. Note so far he hasn't even managed to hit someone he actually suspects with reasons why. Town Llama would have put them right at the front IMO.

So yeah, I’m quite satisfied with my vote.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:59 am

Post by Hinduragi »

In post 265, OnceAndForEver wrote:Mmm I haven't really built a case on you yet. Currently I'm going off 1-2 Posts that screamed scum at me.

Saying you're right when your disagreeing with someone I'm having an arugment with and being buddy/buddy with you are two differnt things.

To what question are you refferring that 1/3 is not part of.

Why do you think that I would see you as an easy mislynch given that I have never played with you before and have yet to get a second vote on you?

You havent said a DAMN THING about any of my posts, much less quoted them.

...I don't even. Reword this to be possibly legible before you make DEMANDS to answer game-changing questions. Also, I'll answer your damn questions when I feel like it. YOU DONT GET THE PLEASURE OF BACKING OUT OF A 1v1 AND DEMANDING THINGS FROM ME. You can focus on your wagon. THEN we'll go to your questions. Your denial of your ever-growing wagon is showing, though, and it's fuckin obvious how you feel about it.

Me wrote:Going from being buddy buddy to me then back to voting me when suddenly I pull any type of heat that can be questionable sure is because I'm easy. I may not be EASY in the sense that I'm ANYWHERE close to being an easy lynch(he doesnt know that) but I'm easier than I was at the top of the page.

Of course it's obvious I'm not an easy mislynch now. You put your cards down in a bluff. I called it and flipped a fucking full house back on you.

Fixed a quote tag. -hito
Last edited by hitogoroshi on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:18 am

Post by Hinduragi »

Seraphim wrote:MoI is town and telling the truth. I know MoI and he's far too confident in his own ability to put himself in this position as scum and, even though he's an asshole, as town I know he would never endanger the town's well-being to push policy lynches on players he would hate.

Serious question. Are you being sarcastic?

OAFE wrote:Check that 286 and tell me it comes from town. I dare you.

I'll one-up you. Peta looked town before and that reinforced it.

Anxiety wrote:still want oafe to explain the dissonance between saying "no one would be stupid enough to have a bible-level read in early game" and portraying hindu as a "bible-level" read.

also want to know why he gets on hindu's case for not answering questions yet doesn't bother to answer mine.

I will explain the magnificence that is OAFEscum before your eyes right now. It's time to deflect, not get caught flailing, avoid all things related to his wagon, and get some kind of pressure elsewhere or at least exert some contributions into this game so he looks like genuine town trying before he goes out. If he answers questions, he's defending himself and, if he's defending himself, he's probably flailing and calling more attention to himself.

RC wrote:Eh, I have to admit that peta's 286 is really awkward. I guess him acknowledging that makes it better.

Are YOU scum, RC? Because that's a load of shit. I may feel bad for mislynching you in Defcon 3 but I sure as hell won't have any regrets if it's here when you're playing like a scumfuck.

Karen wrote:Shinori's wagon pattern implies pretty strongly to me that he's scum; my impression is that it wouldn't need a much heavier wagon for him to crack open. Looks like buddies are steering well clear.

I want it to be known I support the wagon after reading some posts of his and the thread/case on him. I didn't jump on because I was waiting for a moment when I could give it momentum towards lynch, I actually read what was being put on him, or because my read on him got stronger. He does deserve a vig or to be the emergency-deadline-rush lynch.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:29 am

Post by Hinduragi »

Oh my GOD. I cut that off to make it shorter and it's still long as fuck.

OAFE wrote:I don't have a "Bible Read" on Shinori, He had one or tow posts that screamed scum at me, so I believe him to be scum currently. As I have already said, I don't really have a case yet, though I'm still witing for him to get back to me.

You can START with WHAT you saw scummy and WHY and how it's "screaming scum" because right now your vote reasoning for your strongest read in this entire game is "he's scum. he screamed it at me with his post".

What Nuwen said on flavor is right for the first half, at least. I haven't gotten to where Letheo supposedly takes Candy to Carrion but, in terms of all the people in the book, he can be just about anything, I'd almost take even third party if it weren't for the probability of third party being SOLELY Commexo, in this entire game.

Also, since noone understands, it takes 10 posts to get modkilled to end the day, and 9 posts is the max allowed. So going to 7 or 8 is completely fine and you need not shit your pants when someone who knows what they're doing approaches that line.

While we're throwing it all out there, I can't for my life understand how strong town reads formed on Flash this early D1. Chamber isn't a transparent player and Nexus is....Nexus, who, if I'm right, has barely even posted in here.
Shmugen
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:31 am

Post by Shmugen »

In post 336, Minimum wrote:
I. Shmugen

@Chamber - I'm calling Shinori's reactions extreme, flinchy, like someone going through exaggerated motions to not fall on ice. I believe it to be scummy in this instance, but my gut is whispering that it also screams newbie and maybe I'm getting them confused, but my gut's track record on mafiascum is abysmal.

This is a Mina/CES hydra. :P Anyway, something niggles at me, and I'm not sure if it's cognitive dissonance or just clumsy writing:

I'm torn on Shinori. Am I really just thinking he's too new and would pull those sorts of extreme reactions? Some of you have townreads on the slot, why so?

The first sentence in that quote expresses doubt in your Shinori scumread. The second sentence says you think he might be newbie town overreacting. But the third sentence is asking people why they have townreads on him? Or is the second sentence implying you think he's scum faking it (as a newbie)?

Also, if you're "torn" on Shinori, what makes you want to vote him over your other suspects?

(A viable wagon means one likely to get the person lynched, not one on a person you suspect. Did you misspeak?)

The second sentence is a view into the internal battle of my psyche, unable to decide if he's newbie town flailing against pressure because he feels threatened or if he's newbie scum flailing against pressure because he feels threatened. I have some serious trouble firing on all cylinders early in large themes, I watch people pull scumreads out of what appears to be thin air. I asked if people had townreads to see if they were seeing something I wasn't, to ascertain if I was making a mistake with my vote.

I want to vote Shinori over other suspects because I think that, while the information gained might not be the calibur you'd get from a Llama or OAFE lynch, I think it has the best chance of hitting scum (pending MoI's recent Llama case which I need to read again and absorb). I did misspeak with the viable wagon comment, what I meant is that I felt the majority of the large wagons had decent chances of flipping scum, i.e. the reasons for voting them all feel sound.
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:34 am

Post by Staeg »

Hindu, 8 posts = roleblock for the night. That's kinda bad.

Also, forgot to ask: what, exactly, is commexo? Day = good guys, Night = bad guys, and?
sa vrede?
Shmugen
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Shmugen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:36 am

Post by Shmugen »

Day = Good guys, Night = Mafia, Commexo = SK/Third Party.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”