singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #4900 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:35 pm

Post by singersigner »

In post 4898, danakillsu wrote:
In post 4895, singersigner wrote:Because Glork's the only one who's claimed a role that can theoretically "recruit" someone in some way.

Also, dana, I meant if you weren't going to explain what you were talking about more thoroughly immediately following the post...logging out of the site means you weren't around to explain further...which you still haven't, so...

Most people in most games don't wait around for hours just waiting for someone to reply. We log out and do other things. It's not like I made a choice specifically to not explain further.

You made a very vague-claim statement.
You didn't allow yourself time to come back and answer it when someone asked you relatively immediately.
You came back and still kept it pretty vague.

Like...am I the only one annoyed with the concept of making vague claims and then not clarifying them? If you had said "there's a specific reason I'm not telling you more but am telling you as much as I am right now" it wouldn't have been so bad because then we'd assume you actually had a purpose in saying anything at all?

Whatever.

In any case, I also hate it when people say "it should be obvious" because clearly, if someone's asking, it's not. So.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #4901 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:37 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Glork, Dana should claim his results for all nights, Y/N?
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #4902 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:58 pm

Post by Glork »

No. Unless it will confirm a protown player who is not yet confirmed, or out us a scumbag, there's no reason to. Dana himself is already confirmed town, and sharing informaiton at this juncture isn't necessary. If a scumbag makes a claim that conflicts with whatever his info/results are, fine. But until then, absolutely not.

Also, this only solidifies my opinion that one of DDD/LLD is scum, if Dana has ~some kind~ of information role. We are not lynching outside of that pair today.

That said,
Unvote
for now. I expect
EVERYONE
to ISO these two players over the next couple of days and start forming some opinions.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4903 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:04 pm

In post 4902, Glork wrote:No. Unless it will confirm a protown player who is not yet confirmed, or out us a scumbag, there's no reason to. Dana himself is already confirmed town, and sharing informaiton at this juncture isn't necessary. If a scumbag makes a claim that conflicts with whatever his info/results are, fine. But until then, absolutely not.

Also, this only solidifies my opinion that one of DDD/LLD is scum, if Dana has ~some kind~ of information role. We are not lynching outside of that pair today.

That said,
Unvote
for now. I expect
EVERYONE
to ISO these two players over the next couple of days and start forming some opinions.

You understand that Dana has not been paying attention to this game.

And that Dana's results might confirm DDD as scum? Because I don't believe for 1 second that he actually did everything he said, especially with roleblocks and stuff.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #4904 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:05 pm

Post by Glork »

THESE ARE THE CLAIMED INFORMATION ROLES.

In post 4563, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:N1 Nikanor is from Crimea.
N2 SpyreX is unable to determine etc I was roleblocked by Toasty.
N3 Gamma is from Crimea
N4 Kats is from Gallia
N5 Rhinox is Benigion, but the result is SUPER SKETCHY. I get told that basically while I think I know him from Benigion, I am unsure? It was weird, made me think GF etc.
N6 [redacted]

In post 4613, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:I am not from one of Glork's requested countries and I'm going to claim my ability since I only have so much confirmability from it and because I think it could significantly effect Glork's plans.

Claim: Country Cop

N1: SpyreX - Gallia (Hence why I was annoyed with him when he claimed no country and why I solved the puzzle first)
N2: Tammy - Kilvas
N3: KKB - Crimea
N4: Benmage - Begnion
N5: Glork - (I have a result, I am not claiming it in deference to Glork, I will at his request)
N6: Hindu - Begnion (Like LLD I forgot that Hindu had apparently country claimed)

In post 4896, danakillsu wrote:Oh, cool. So not only is Glork even more confirmed town, but I actually know what my ability does. Yay!

So my ability apparently tells me something about what other people visit my chosen player. Kinda like a voyeur, except I don't find out roles, I find out nations. On the other hand, I visited MoI and got something about how he wanted backup, so maybe that was something special that happened only when I visited him, I don't know. Anyhow, I've almost certainly been blocked lately, because 2 nights in a row, I got something when I used my ability, then 3 nights in a row, I got nothing.

We know for a fact that
Dana is confirmed protown
It is fairly safe to assume that
there are not three protown information roles

Therefore, we
WILL
be lynching one of DDD/LLD today. No questions asked.

I still want to go with my Have-Toasty-Block-LLD (since we KNOW he can successfully do so), and lynch DDD plan today.

Also, a hearty fuck you to everybody who poo-pooed my plan earlier. It was the play all along.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4905 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:06 pm

Glork, Toasty has already submitted his Roleblock on me IIRC.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #4906 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:07 pm

Post by Glork »

In post 4903, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 4902, Glork wrote:No. Unless it will confirm a protown player who is not yet confirmed, or out us a scumbag, there's no reason to. Dana himself is already confirmed town, and sharing informaiton at this juncture isn't necessary. If a scumbag makes a claim that conflicts with whatever his info/results are, fine. But until then, absolutely not.

That said,
Unvote
for now. I expect
EVERYONE

And that Dana's results might confirm DDD as scum? Because I don't believe for 1 second that he actually did everything he said, especially with roleblocks and stuff.

Like I said,
IF
Dana has information that will confirm DDDscum, fine, he can claim. And no, I don't really like DDD's claimed results either. I still want to block you and lynch him. We're on the same page on all of this.

I still want all of them to review
BOTH your gameplay AND DDD's gameplay
and come to their own conclusions, though.

There's really no negotiating that at this point. Dana is conftown and has confirmed me as town, too. Driver's seat, go.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #4907 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:10 pm

Post by Katsuki »

WELL FUCK
I THINK I FINALLY KNOW WHAT MY ROLE DOES
Except my target is dead...

Cheeky Vi...
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #4908 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:45 pm

Post by Glork »

So Kats, which among {LLD, DDD} would you rather lynch?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #4909 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:47 pm

Post by Glork »

In post 4905, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Glork, Toasty has already submitted his Roleblock on me IIRC.

Nope, I just re-read his posts, and he has not indicated that he submitted anything. He indicated support for going with my plan, but not that he actually sent anything in.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #4910 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:52 pm

Post by Glork »

Feh. The lynch DDD plan is really only "fool-proof" if DDD is scum or LLD is the
only
scumbag remaining... which I am not willing to put my money on.

I think we really do have to examine both players and buckle down and sort out which one is the actual scumbag.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #4911 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:57 pm

Post by Vi »

Vote Count XLIV:
Ashera and Yune
(not actually flavor-accurate but etc.)

:right: Debonair Danny DiPietro (L-6) ~ Lady Lambdadelta, ToastyToast,
Glork

Glork (L-6) ~ Gammagooey, Katsuki
Gammagooey (L-7) ~ singersigner
Nikanor (L-7) ~ Hinduragi

Not Voting:
Teleporting Speed Hippos, Debonair Danny DiPietro, Magister Ludi, Nikanor, Tierce, danakillsu, Tammy, Glork

--With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #4912 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:50 pm

In post 4667, ToastyToast wrote:
TSH wrote:Toasty can also die for being no-kill-blocked and useless (I don't care about modkills, you should submit at the start of the day and change if necessary).

I would've blocked Benmage, so it wouldn't matter anyways.

@Glork: Are your DDD/me suspicions based entirely on my abilities?

@Hindu: the fact that you are voting someone other than two claimed country cops is blegh. Even if you think Nika is scum, would it not make more sense to clear this obvious dilemma? Do you think two country cops on town side is at all likely?

Also, I am okay with Glork's plan. Will put power on now so no one fucks up.

Glork?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #4913 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:54 pm

Post by Glork »

Oh. Well fucking motherfucker.

Hopefully it's something he can change like how most night actions work.

Toasty?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4914 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:43 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

In post 4910, Glork wrote:Feh. The lynch DDD plan is really only "fool-proof" if DDD is scum or LLD is the
only

I think we really do have to examine both players and buckle down and sort out which one is the actual scumbag.

I still think we should consider the possibility they're both town and take our time with it.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4915 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:37 pm

Post by ToastyToast »

@Glork: I have sent my action in on LLD, but there is nothing that says I can't change it. Also, I have considered the two of them throughout the day and feel LLD used her power in a much more protown way. She copped Spy and claimed because she had no result, and thought it was suspicious that UN didn't have a result either. This is a protown action, much more protown than waiting until today.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4916 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:46 pm

Post by Magister Ludi »

My little chickadee

DIE!!!!!!!

VOTE: DDD

THE SCUM INFORMATION ROLE!!!!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #4917 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:12 am

Post by Glork »

In post 4914, Hinduragi wrote:
In post 4910, Glork wrote:Feh. The lynch DDD plan is really only "fool-proof" if DDD is scum or LLD is the
only

I still think we should consider the possibility they're both town and take our time with it.

So you think that there three protown roles which can find the countries of other players? Have you even read Dana's posts? Or my ?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #4918 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:56 am

Post by Glork »

In post 4915, ToastyToast wrote:@Glork: I have sent my action in on LLD, but there is nothing that says I can't change it. Also, I have considered the two of them throughout the day and feel LLD used her power in a much more protown way. She copped Spy and claimed because she had no result, and thought it was suspicious that UN didn't have a result either. This is a protown action, much more protown than waiting until today.

As scum, "confirming" information that will lead to a mislynch is something a player would gladly do. I don't see how LLD claiming her Spyre result is
only
a protown move. Do you have a specific reason you think she would NOT claim her Spyre result as scum there?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #4919 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:00 am

Post by Glork »

Keep in mind that the town ALSO had a TRACKER.

So anybody who thinks both DDD and LLD are protown thinks that the town power contains:
1) A Tracker (UberNinja)
2) A confirmed mason / pseudo-country cop (Dana)
3) A country cop (DDD)
4) A miller country cop (LLD)

Seriously? Seriously? How can ANYONE possibly think that both DDD and LLD are protown at this point? It honestly baffles me. I don't understand it.

Hindu. Kats. Get to researching LLD and DDD. You're both making excellent cases for why you could be scum with one of these two the more you try to push this absurd FOUR PROTOWN INVESTIGATIVE ROLES agenda.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4920 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:04 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 4915, ToastyToast wrote:@Glork: I have sent my action in on LLD, but there is nothing that says I can't change it. Also, I have considered the two of them throughout the day and feel LLD used her power in a much more protown way. She copped Spy and claimed because she had no result, and thought it was suspicious that UN didn't have a result either. This is a protown action, much more protown than waiting until today.

Good point, using your ability to push through town lynches is an invariably pro-town thing to do.

I like that again like D3 the most dubious players are quickest to jump to vote for me; LLD, Toasty, and ML have probably been most discussed for a lynch today other than me and suddenly they're all on my wagon, wonder how that happens.

I'm still not sure how Dana's ability works because I'm not sure he does, he's "supposed" to find out about nations but didn't when it came to MoI. And apparently he targets a player and the ability works on people targeting the player he targeted? At least that's what I'm getting from 4896.

Finally, if we do indulge Glork and the day has to become LLD vs. DDD; ignoring the variety of things about my play that don't make sense as scum if you people lynch someone claiming to be from Crimea over someone claiming to be from Daein then you've overcomplicated things to a degree the end result of failure is deserved.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #4921 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:10 am

Post by Glork »

Since you're here, DDD, how do you feel about a town with four informational roles, one of which is confirmable as being protown?

I'm not 100% sure on how Dana's role works either, but I'm okay with him keeping it that way. What I do know is that he knows I targeted Rhinox N2, and that I'm from Goldoa. And we know that he gets ~some~ kind of information on players targeting his target. That's really all I *need* to know at this point. Leave him as a question mark, especially if he might not be on the scums' short list of targets. It forces them to make tough decisions.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #4922 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:12 am

Post by Glork »

EBWOP: Point is, DDD, if you're protown, you should probably be thinking that LLD is practically guaranteed to be scum, and should start focusing on getting her lynched and/or identifying her scumbuddy. You're still being too passive in the scumhunting department for my tastes.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4923 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:25 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 4921, Glork wrote:Since you're here, DDD, how do you feel about a town with four informational roles, one of which is confirmable as being protown?

If we have two more scum and say neither of them are Daein that means between the two country cops we could only catch half of the scum team as guilties and there would be a false positive on LLD, so that if she hadn't claimed and I had investigated her and claimed my result she would've been lynched without a second thought, furthermore a tracker in a 29 player game is pretty damn unlikely to actually track the scum kill which is the only way he could get a guilty, we're talking like a 12% chance over the first 3 nights, now the role certainly has some utility in terms of confirming abilities but that obviously doesn't really mean anything and finally Dana's ability apparently lacks any sort of fine control because it returns results based on players targeting the player he targets which means he can target players likely to be targeted it's pretty much a crapshoot in terms of what results he'll get. That's really not the overpowering amount of town information you suggest it is for a 29 player game.

~~

PEdit: I will lynch LLD to save my own hide since she's more likely to be scum than I am but I'm not going to simply disregard my assesment of town power for yours because you want me to.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4924 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:23 am

Post by danakillsu »

In post 4899, Glork wrote:
In post 4896, danakillsu wrote:Oh, cool. So not only is Glork even more confirmed town, but I actually know what my ability does. Yay!

So my ability apparently tells me something about what other people visit my chosen player. Kinda like a voyeur, except I don't find out roles, I find out nations. On the other hand, I visited MoI and got something about how he wanted backup, so maybe that was something special that happened only when I visited him, I don't know. Anyhow, I've almost certainly been blocked lately, because 2 nights in a row, I got something when I used my ability, then 3 nights in a row, I got nothing.

Was chaos or the state of the battlefield mentioned in your no-response nights? Because TSH indicated that due to the chaos level, he has lost his ability. It fits in with the Endless War / Blue Number mechanic. You might not be able to get anything anymore.

No, this is not consistent with the flavor I have received.

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Glork, Dana should claim his results for all nights, Y/N?
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

AHAHAHAHA. The irony here is unbelievable. At the same time you're saying I'm not paying attention to the game, you reveal that you've been paying so little attention, you missed the fact that I already claimed my results for all nights. I have no information on DDD whatsoever.

I 100% agree with Glork, and I've been thinking along the same lines. Considering my ability, ANY other ability that has to do with finding out what nation someone is from is somewhat suspect. I've wanted DDD dead for quite a while, and I tried twice to get info on him with no results.

So
vote:DDD

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”