NY 151: Playground Mafia (Game Over-Mafia Win!)

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #3125 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:37 pm

Post by Psyche »

and reading maxwell's iso, I'm actually leaning toward believing he is town. Code_X is scummy in his earlier posts; maxwell's fine more consistently.

And I had him as town earlier for his anti-scum stances before they were cool.

And he seems to truly believe that he's confirmed town. And I think that argument has merit. Let me think on it.
You can't step in the same river twice.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3126 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:40 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 3042, maxwell wrote:
In post 3040, Benmage wrote:Im debating believing this.... at worse it gives maxwell... 1 day of survival. At best it gives us another cleared townie.

Vote Hezzlucky

(Im pissed I didn't PM PV last night that I feared being Nk'd by Hezz whom I epiphanized was the SK.. purely for BA points)

If I were scum lying it wouldn't even give me another day, it would just get me shot by the real SK. And I'm not that stupid.

Could you explain the thought behind this more thoroughly?

It's very important that you make sense.
Code_X
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3127 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:19 pm

Post by Code_X »

I will get to this as soon as possible.

I really have had a nightmare at work at an unfortunate time. Hoepfully will be able to read back today.
Code_X
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3128 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:41 pm

Post by Code_X »

Purely going to look through dead mafia for interactions with Drmyshottyiszik and Maxwell - this will probably end up pretty exhaustive, so be it. When I've done that I'll look at Shotty/Maxwell's interactions with them and then anything else that be worthwhile - dead towns/votecounts etc.

Jason/Fakegod
-

Jason - White knights Shotty in an argument against Psyche
Says Shotty/Pine argument is town v town.
In post 308, jasonT1981 wrote:Shotty is town to me, I think.. Shotty is well, Shotty lol. I can never really get a read on him fully. Leaning town right now. Middle of the pack though.
Psyche posts are full of... nothing words.. he says a lot but says so little.

Agrees with Shotty's and wants Red to posts reads.
Defends Shotty against the policy lynch in from Nero.
Says Shotty is being Shotty lower down in - has him in the null pile.

Jason - doesn't say a great deal about Ninja though does throw a half-hearted attack in
In post 308, jasonT1981 wrote:this interests me, while NNinja may have been reaction fishing, this screams off look at me, I voted you, why you no comment!!

Says he had a town feeling, then drifted out of the game.

Fakegod - Call shotty Bilbo Baggins in - Doesn't mention him again.
Doesn't mention Maxwell - just comments on a vig/serial theory post in

Fakegod is also incredibly useless to my slot - he calls me the same as Psyche and Hezlucky. "Merry or Pippin".

Firestarter/OhGodMyLife

Has null read on Shottyiszik and town read on Ninja - he does call out Ninja for not responding to an accusation in

- Pretty useless mind.

OGML - doesn't mention Shottyiszik or Maxwell once. However, he also doesn't mention Ninja or myself so that is pretty pointless.

Maxous

- says nothing from Shotty makes sense.
Asks Shotty why Red is scum
- questions Red why I'm being useless and makes out that it's obvious Shotty is useless.
- votes Fakegod. Says Mastin/Junpei are town. Asks about TML. Ignores DV and Shotty. Says KDowns is ok.
- Benmage says he's baffled Shotty is still alive. Maxous doesn't defend him but it feels off either way. Defends him a little more in against Benmage

Doesn't say much about Maxwell. Says he's okay with lynching him in
In post 2842, Maxous wrote:Which leaves Psyche, Maxwell, Hez and SC.
Probably be okay with lynching any of them 4.

- asks Rach for a case on Maxwell
- says Max is the best play for today. Which considering we would have been at lylo smacks of bussing, considering he didn't vote.

Overall - Maxous doesn't say a great deal about the slot.

Regards Ninja/Code

- says I'm scummy - for attacking Red and a weak IIOA.
Doesn't understand my case on Red or on Mastin
Calls me out for going after Kdowns - why not just let a scum partner go after someone?
Agrees with my opinion on the LLD defending buddies. - note LLD defends both Ninja/Shotty so a null argument at this point.
- Doesn't want to lynch either myself or Benmage
- Says my D4 play reads as town.
Agrees with me that TML was scummy, then asks why I'm okay with being investigated.

So he says a lot more about Code town than Max scum. Seems to want to interact more, question me. Though it's WIFOM for you guys.

StrangerCoug/GreyIce/Praetyre

Praetyre - no post.

GreyIce - - Comes out and attacks his scum partner. Shottyiszik had no votes at the time. Says Firestarter is 90% town and scum will be on his wagon. His argument against Shotty seems to be based on the fact that Shotty got into a spat with Nero.
Elaborates further in . Says he won't ever get NK as town.
- calls out Reck and says he'll join that wagon.
Shotty and Rack are scum in - again distancing considering Rack was the main and likely lynch and town.
Sheeps the GF in - no one really goes after Shotty in that time. The only vote was GreyIce's. Not as if he pushes his scum read.

Doesn't mention Ninja/me.
He then replaces out.

SC -
- Defends Shottyiszik against the policy lynches. Not sold on his lynch.
Sticks up again in
In post 1423, StrangerCoug wrote:You are not reading. "I think your reasoning for wanting to lynch drmyshottyizsik is crap" ≠ "I think drmyshottyizsik is town." The only thing I have done that could remotely be considered as me passing any sort of judgment on drmyshottyizsik yet is agree with Benmage's statement that his first sentence in the first post of his ISO is fluff. You two could be bussing him for all I know.

Witters on some more about the policy lynch and dislikes Shotty's reaction to Nero

Defends GF against Nero and Shotty.
In post 1492, StrangerCoug wrote:Absent the slip, this would be a Nero Cain vote for his terrible cases on drmyshottyizsik and Lady Lambdadelta.

- again defends Shotty - DLG/Psyche thoughts on this post?

Likes KK's point about the tone of Shotty's posts.

and more argument with Nero over Shotty. Want to revisit 1579.

- I advocate a policy lynch on useless players SC votes me. Shotty is in my list of suspects I want lynched.

------------------------------

Regards what he says about Maxwell.

Says he doesn't look good in response to Benmage calling him scummy

- says Maxwell and Fakegod are both scum. Votes OGML. Has a weaker town read on Hez than scum partner Maxous.
- Defends Maxwell against accusations of a bus from HezLucky and again in
- Now says Maxwell is town. So - reads somewhat distancing.
- Says he'll vote Hez unless he produces a case on Maxwell. This would move vote from another scum in OGML. Then in moves onto Hez "times up"
- Says he doesn't buy both Maxwell and OGML as scum.
- Accuses Max of being scum
- Votes Hez, follow up to OGML being scum.
- says it makes no sense for Hez and Max to both be scum.

------------------------

Regards - this slot and Ninja/Code.

Says he has a town read on Ninja
Pretty much ignores my slot - bar the vote and attack in . Questions me further in - I know this is town/scum argument but DLG/Psyche thoughts on it?
He then unvotes me and goes back after Nero and that is it.

So essentially ignores me. Reading SC's voting patterns he doesn't vote any partner until the heat gets on OGML around 2800 - I know he defends Shottyiszik against Nero and then Maxwell against Hez.

-------------------------

Will get to LLD again later and then Shottyiszik/Maxwell's ISO and the dead town reads. Antihero had shotty as scum like a number of other scums, Nero was hard against Shotty died the following night.

-------------------------

Also worth noting .....

Deasvail
- pushed hard against Maxwell. I'm not sure if he would have investigated him but a JOAT usually has some kind of investigative ability. He didn't elaborate on his reasons, but seemed pretty sure.
Code_X
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3129 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:45 pm

Post by Code_X »

In post 2461, Code_X wrote:Actually when LLD went after Maxwell there was never any danger he was being lynched. She can't have gone through the whole game not bussing/casting suspicion at her partners.

Fact he's voted for Andrew and then said he may switch to two of my very likely scum reads as though he could be scum. He's in the scum pile.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3130 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:06 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Vote Count 8-2

(as of Post 3129)

Code_X (1)
- maxwell
maxwell (1)
- Code_X

Not Voting (2)
- DLG, Psyche

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch

Deadline:
Sunday, July 29, 2012, 1pm CDT

Replacing:

No one

Prods:

None

V/LAs:

No one
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Code_X
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3131 (ISO) » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:14 pm

Post by Code_X »

The rest of this is going to have to wait until the weekend. Today is hectic.
DLG
DLG
Goon
DLG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3132 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:02 am

Post by DLG »

I'll be back around on SUnday.

Taking my wife to see Stevie Nicks and Rod Stewart.
If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3133 (ISO) » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:36 pm

Post by maxwell »

Should have a case in two days. Sorry for taking so long but it's a long, convoluted game.
Code_X
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3134 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:08 am

Post by Code_X »

Post tonight/tomorrow. Sorry for the inactivity.
DLG
DLG
Goon
DLG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3135 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:21 pm

Post by DLG »

I'll look forward to any input. We've got a week to decide.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3136 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:19 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Vote Count 8-3

(as of Post 3135)

Code_X (1)
- maxwell
maxwell (1)
- Code_X

Not Voting (2)
- DLG, Psyche

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch

Deadline:
Sunday, July 29, 2012, 1pm CDT

Replacing:

No one

Prods:

Psyche

V/LAs:

No one
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3137 (ISO) » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:47 am

Post by Psyche »

Snnnnnz
Code_X
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3138 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:14 am

Post by Code_X »

There's not much I have to add regards LLD - bar what I've already posted in and .

She defends Shotty with the rest of her team mates in . Goes after the slot slightly on day two/three but it had no votes so seems a pointless attack.

In post 502, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

But you're going to have to sell me on your scum reads. I have a dead read on Jason, I think. His very first content post this game looked really town to me.

Like, quite honestly, you're one of the few players who could actually convince me to flip my reads in a game. (A prime reason for this is that you are so obviously town).

But right now, I have town reads on Jason and Shotty, a fairly null read on Maxous and a null read on Firestarter.

I'll get round to Maxwell/Shottyiszik's interactions with LLD overnight.
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3139 (ISO) » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:07 pm

Post by maxwell »

Sorry for taking so long, this game is somewhat tedious unfortunately. going to do a breakdown of partner interactions first, the post on ninja/code will have to come tomorrow as i'm dead tired tonight.

Firestarter:

In ISO 3 he drops a town read on NihilisticNinja, using the same reasoning as on LLD, which is weak and not elaborated on. He elaborates more on his town-read on Kublai Khan, who was actually town.

Basically no content from him afterwards or from OGML, so nothing much else there.

Jason:

In post 308, jasonT1981 wrote:this interests me, while NNinja may have been reaction fishing, this screams off look at me, I voted you, why you no comment!!

In post 545, jasonT1981 wrote:NihilisticNinja - I had a town feeling I believe earlier, but seems to have drifted out of this game

can't decide whether to call him scum or town but never fully commits to a read either way

Fakegod is useless for content.

Strangercoug:

GreyICE has no mention of NN/code.

In post 1385, StrangerCoug wrote:#140: I'm starting to see a redFF-Nero Cain connection here. Both want drmyshottyizsik policy lynched and neither are doing anything to convince anybody that he's actually scum, with Nero Cain trying to shift burden onto NihilisticNinja and redFF trying to stifle discussion.
chainsaw defense of NN here.

in post #2037 he votes code for incomprehensible reasons relating to him not posting cases, then after one brief exchange where he's incredibly soft with him, unvotes, calling it a "pressure vote". This is fairly blatantly distancing from him while not really attacking him, and then never makes mention of code, at all, for the rest of his time in the game.

Maxous:

never, ever, once states a real read on nihilisticninja.

First mention of code is here:

In post 1182, Maxous wrote:Code X is scummy too, posting a lot but not saying a lot. Reading through his walls, it is a lot of commentary...not much meat to it.
Even his player by player post said surprisingly little.
I'm trying to work out the tl;dr of his case on red but it seems to only consist of 'well, he ignored questions'

Which would make him look town, except there's never any real follow-through on that, only some weak questioning, then he defends him slightly in #1705 when redFF asks about him.

Then suddenly later in the game on day 5, he starts saying code is townish, with the only explanation given being that his "D4 play read as town". This list here clinches it - we were on a day with 5 town, 3 scum, and an SK - suddenly the scum need to try to go for the mislynch, as there's a chance they can win the game then, or if not, narrow things down considerably. Thing is, in this situation, scum have a narrow number of mislynches left to them - it'd be virtual suicide for him to write off both benmage and code as twon if they both were, it leaves him without enough people to lynch to win. The closeness to endgame is a big factor in other things, as well, which i'll get to in another post.

LLD:

states Ninja is "obvtown" several times. Doesn't explain this. It's just providing a general sentiment so that people are less inclined to suspect ninja, but not justifying it in any way that might be incriminating.

Then code replaces in, and she calls one of his votes bad, and then ignores him for near 60 more posts, basically dropping him out of the picture when there was no reason to.

This all points to classical partner avoidance, really - scum are simply more likely to talk about their partners less because they want to avoid drawing attention to themselves.
DLG
DLG
Goon
DLG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3140 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:53 am

Post by DLG »

@ Psyche
You ready to end this?

I am.

VOTE: Code_X

In the end, I believe maxwell's claim and it makes sense as a counter to a Bulletproof/Investigation immune SK. Also, I just feel like maxwell's play to start this Day makes more sense from a Town perspective.

I'll be glad to listen if you stongly favor lynching maxwell, but this is where I'm at.
Code_X
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3141 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:59 am

Post by Code_X »

In post 3140, DLG wrote:I believe maxwell's claim and it makes sense as a counter to a Bulletproof/Investigation immune SK.

Which he wasn't?

You need to read the whole game............... or town will lose guaranteed.
Code_X
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3142 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:01 pm

Post by Code_X »

Maxwell's main argument against me seems to be a lack of interaction between myself and the scum.

How do you feel about StrangerCoug's play to both Maxwell/Shotty?
Code_X
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3143 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:13 pm

Post by Code_X »

In post 3087, Benmage wrote:At this point with PoE and just mafia reads, I'm confident it isn't codeX.

Leaving the max's.... so get'r done.

I know this will probably WIFOM you both to death.

But why would I as scum kill Benmage ahead of two cleared innocents?
DLG
DLG
Goon
DLG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3144 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:47 pm

Post by DLG »

In post 3143, Code_X wrote:
In post 3087, Benmage wrote:At this point with PoE and just mafia reads, I'm confident it isn't codeX.

Leaving the max's.... so get'r done.

I know this will probably WIFOM you both to death.

But why would I as scum kill Benmage ahead of two cleared innocents?

Ya know, this is something I've wondered about myself. I can't answer it, fully. I suppose I'd like an explanation post-game from you.

Best I can figure is Benmage had demonstrated himself to be a deadly threat to scum. He was, by any measure, virtually as confirmed as me and Psyche, and a far better player. Like I said, demonstrably deadly to scum later in the game. As far as using him to gain a final mislynch with his posted read on you, that's a viable point, I suppose.

Still, not everything is going to make sense in a game this large and complex.

What do you mean about HezLucky? He claimed both NK immune and investigation immune. Sure, he was SK, not Town. But, why would he lie about those things?

Why were you so reticent to vote maxwell to start this Day?
Code_X
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3145 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:53 pm

Post by Code_X »

You won't get an explanation from me about it post-game because I'm town. So I've no idea why he was killed - though scum bring into endgame people they want and the fact he's kept two innocents alive says he obviously feared Benmage's reads.

Hez - claimed those roles but at the same time it doesn't mean he was telling the truth. A mafia rolecop would have known about him. What do you think about Maxwell insisting that Maxous wouldn't have shared his investigations?

I was always going to vote Maxwell. If that's a reason to beat me with a stick then it's a bad one. I've had some pretty bad experiences in lylo lately so it was really due to taking my time. And as it goes I wouldn't be upset if we no lynched today to give you both/whoever survives time to read the whole game. I'm not pleading with neither of you but you need to look at more than just today.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3146 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:01 pm

Post by Psyche »

Okay, I'll try to make a decision ASAP.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3147 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:16 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1494, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:DRUNK KITTEN IS ALWAYS RIGHT.

VOTE: SHOTTY

DRUNK KITTEN IS NEVER BUSSING.

Let me remember my reads from earlier...
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3148 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:20 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 2335, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 2333, Nero Cain wrote:YES!!!! Best post by kdowns EVER!!!

Too many scummy ass lurkers in this game. Nothing really new is coming out. I still think FG is todays best lynch but I might have to join the fallaman lynch just to end the day.

Thoughts on Maxwell?

In post 2300, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Did Maxwell just try and save the claimed scum from dying today?

You can die too. Who did you replace, Maxwell?

In post 2368, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 2363, Benmage wrote:Fakegod, Maxwell, or Hezz for scum.

But lets lynch the VT, so LLD can sit in the corner and follow.

Hez is town.

I really haven't seen much in FakeGod, so I'd like to know why he's scum.

Maxwell is scum.

AIEEEEE.
Code_X
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Code_X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3149 (ISO) » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:25 pm

Post by Code_X »

Day one she doesn't bus.

Late day two/three when Maxwell arrives scum pretty much have to bus/do something.

Make up would have been 17 alive after the Fallman lynch or 18 prior to that after the Khan/Shogtun NKs and 6 scum. Christ we were always fucked.....

Please don't assume LLD would never bus Maxwell day three.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”