Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:41 pm

Post by Empking »

MOI: Are you saying that accusing someone of strawmanning is scummy?
Also, what's the difference between passively ignoring a wagon and actively ignoring a wagon? (I didn't do either, I didn't notice the wagon.)

Claim: Jailkeeper Target: MOI.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:37 am

Post by Salamence20 »

In post 400, Empking wrote:

Claim: Jailkeeper Target: MOI.

Sala 1, MoI 3

VOTE: ROFL
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:53 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Empking wrote:Also, what's the difference between passively ignoring a wagon and actively ignoring a wagon? (I didn't do either, I didn't notice the wagon.)

Um whut is this question? Ignoring the wagon is ignoring a wagon.

Empking wrote:Claim: Jailkeeper Target: MOI.

Why did you choose to target me?

UNVOTE: Empking

If someone counter-claims you I’m back in a heartbeat but being this far ahead is little reason to lynch without a counter-claim.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:39 am

Post by roflcopter »

well thats obviously a fakeclaim but whatever go ahead and lynch me today at least i can stop caring about all you idiots
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Arugula
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:01 am

Post by Arugula »

Town Record: 8-5
Scum Record: 3-2
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:05 am

Post by Empking »

In post 402, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Why did you choose to target me?

"killed night 1". I used my role as essentially a Doctor on N1 (with only three pages there's no real way to attempt to outguess who will send the kill with 16 players left).

You accused me of actively ignoring a wagon. The "actively" was deadweight but I didn't know that when I asked the question.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:06 am

Post by Salamence20 »

Arugula, what's your thoughts on the game? you have been awfully quiet this whole game and it bugs me.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:08 am

VOTE: ToonFighter

I'm going to follow nhammen's lead until we see a counter-claim or I get a good re-read of the other off-the-wagon folks.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:15 am

Post by Salamence20 »

Hey MoI, I was expecting a follow-up to the responses to your questions.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:24 am

In post 408, Salamence20 wrote:Hey MoI, I was expecting a follow-up to the responses to your questions.

Keep your pants on. I've got other things to deal with than just this game. You'll get your response at some point today.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:43 am

Sala wrote:Tell me, since you have been in more games than I have, are you telling me, that it is Impossible to have all members bus their godfather. I know you are going to tell me something of the words of "highly unlikely,"

Well the word impossible doesn’t apply to Mafia. But I’ll slot the chances that Presc was power-bussed by all his teammates as so unlikely it might as well be zero.

Put another way (in the words of Llamarble) – I’d be comfortable enough losing to the scum-team that did it if I’m wrong. Because it would require play that was so potentially damaging to scum’s wincon that the Risk / Reward is way too heavily slanted to Risk.

That said – evidence this is Multiball makes all bets off on this front as scum from the opposite team would not be bussing Presc.

Sala wrote: I'm sure it has before, there have been alot of mafia games played. Just because it "doesn't happen" doesn't mean ROFL is 100% conftown.

1. I think the above addresses my thoughts on this well enough.
2. Where did I say ROFL is ‘100% confirmed Town”?

Sala wrote: 1. Gut, I know I am town, and I feel one of them is scum. You already know my feelings on that.

Gut isn’t a reason that holds any weight. If you can’t articulate why you think one of those two HAS to be scum in a way that relates to the game thread then your stance can’t be considered credible.

Sala wrote:2. Loooool. Is that a possible option? (seriously)
I mean if we lynch ROFL/Empking, and he flips town, I'm getting Vig'd

Hell, I don't see an option where I don't get vig'd tonight by VE, especially if Empking flips town.

You didn’t answer the question. I was trying to gauge how strong your ‘gut’ feeling on this is. I'm not asking if you think you will get vigged. I'm asking - if both Emp and ROFL flip Town would it be a prudent move (from a not-Sala point of view) for Town to lynch you given your stance?

nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:49 am

Post by nhammen »

I feel that in this game the term strawman is being thrown around a lot more often than it is actually happening, but in some cases it is valid. Such as the following:

In post 386, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Do you have any clue Sala? I ask because the point is that Emp isn’t going to find said games (RVS power-wagons on Godfathers / Roleblockers Day 1). That’s the whole fucking point. His entire premise behind his wagon on ROFL is that it’s likely scum did that when it’s crystal fucking clear that doesn’t ever happen.

That is not AT ALL what Empking's argument is. Both Empking and myself have stated what his argument is. I highly disagree with his argument, and so did you. But his argument is what you are calling fluff, not the hammer.

In post 389, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Toog wrote:1 & 2 are both circumstantial considering the day ended so quickly that most people not on the Prec lynch would appear to have ignored it. This alone makes your argument flawed as it's just as likely those of us off the wagon simply never had enough motivation to comment on it. It's just as self serving to your argument to use a short day against us when in all likelihood, town is going to miss a chance at commenting on something like that.

Um what? Let’s examine the elements of this dismissal.

1. Both are circumstantial – this is Mafia … of course the cases are ‘circumstantial’. Aside from ‘Lulz Follow the Cop’ scenarios in Mafia games all cases and evidence is circumstantial. It is looking at facts and motives in play to find who is likely scum. So using this is simply rhetoric and not applicable as a defense. In fact I could use the same argument to undercut your own stance on why ROFL is scum.

Umm, rather than argue against his wording, you might want to try arguing against his argument. In case this was not intentional, his argument is that even though Empking and Toog ignored the wagon, the day ended so fast that a lot of people didn't have a chance to respond to the wagon. The proper response is: those other players are null with regards to the wagon, but Empking, Toog, and Toon posted at a time in which they had an opportunity to place themselves on the wagon and did not do so. It is that choice that makes these players scummy. If there are other players that didn't post during the wagon, this has no relevance to the fact that these three players ignored the wagon. Magna, you can thank me for making your argument for you later.

In post 398, PMysterious wrote:Guys, the Empking lynch is gonna happen no matter what you do. You guys might as well help the rest of us out. I know I'm not a big fan of quick lynching, but this time, its going the distance. I mean, we already Lynched the Godfather AND we killed a Goon. What can go wrong now?

And we did not get much info out of it. And now you want the same thing to happen again... I agree that this seems quite scummy.

In post 400, Empking wrote:Claim: Jailkeeper Target: MOI.

In post 78, Salamence20 wrote:DAMN MAFIA KILLED MoI!!! :cry:

Well, that is a possible explanation for sala's comment. What are the chances of three kills a night in a game this size?

In post 403, roflcopter wrote:well thats obviously a fakeclaim but whatever go ahead and lynch me today at least i can stop caring about all you idiots

I'd rather not lynch either one of you.

In post 410, MagnaofIllusion wrote:evidence this is Multiball

Ummm... what? If there is some evidence for this that I have missed (unless you are saying that VE is the evidence, which I would disagree with) I'd like to know, because that would make sala's statement a LOT more relevant.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:54 am

In post 411, nhammen wrote:Ummm... what? If there is some evidence for this that I have missed (unless you are saying that VE is the evidence, which I would disagree with) I'd like to know, because that would make sala's statement a LOT more relevant.

There isn't any evidence yet. That's my point. We have two deaths N1 one of which was immediately claimed. Unless you think Viscera is opposite scum to Red who took a HUGE gamble then we don't have any reason to conclude we are in Multiball.

If we are in Multiball Sala's "Oh my god they killed MoI" does look very much like scum who expected to have me dead and makes him auto-lynch.

But until we have more information (via total Nightkills or a different color scum flip) I'm working off the 1 Mafia theory.

nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:55 am

Post by nhammen »

oooohhhhh. I see. I misread your statement.
McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:01 am

Post by McStab »

Can we get off the claimed Jailkeeper and the guy who hammered the Godfather three pages into Day One and instead get on the prior-scummy, early-VT claiming, still pushing the lynch of Jailkeeper guy (PMysterious)?

I feel as though MoI-Empking is a huge town-town argument being egged on by scum like PM and potentially Sal (although Sal is definitely townier than PM). I could see Toon or Toog scum as well, but PM just SCREAMS scum, and it's a helluva lot less riskier to lynch a claimed VT (which, considering two scum are dead by Day Two, losing a VT is hardly a huge loss) than lynching a potential Jailkeeper.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:02 am

Post by Salamence20 »

Omg.

MoI, I'll reply when i get back to my computer, but i feel i need to state my thoughts:

Is multiball defined as (2 mafia groups) and/or (Mafia group + SK) and/or (2 mafia groups + SK)?

Prescending died a mafia roleblocker, not a red one. This is why i believe there is no multiball.

No nhammen, those two quotes have no link at all.
McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:04 am

Post by McStab »

@Sal: What's your view on PMysterious?
Arugula
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:52 am

Post by Arugula »

In post 406, Salamence20 wrote:Arugula, what's your thoughts on the game? you have been awfully quiet this whole game and it bugs me.

What kind of question is that? I haven't been awfully quiet this whole game either.
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:58 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

Show
In your Viscera Eyes
Cataracts close the blinds
Let me let comfort come drown by your side.

As Town: 4-4
As Mafia: 5-0
Total Games Completed: 13

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:00 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

I can feasibly get behind a PM lynch.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes
Cataracts close the blinds
Let me let comfort come drown by your side.

As Town: 4-4
As Mafia: 5-0
Total Games Completed: 13

Nerd National
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:16 am

Post by Salamence20 »

Well, if a lynch towards ROFL isnt happening, PM would be my second choice, over Arugula and TF.

Hey Arugula, idk, but you seem to do more usually than in this game.
mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:10 am

Post by mcqueen »

Ok, I had the thought of Salamence20, Empking, and roflcopter being town. To be honest, none are very scummy, Salamence20 just gives us a good deal of information, which I'd be willing to give him up for.

On this note, read the first page. Prescending starts to be a dick, now read PM's post (the one after Arugula replies, "No," to Prescending). He doesn't even question the dickiness of Prescending, nor comment on it, he simply assumes Prescending actually brought us out of RVS, hence unvotes. This is just genuinely scummy.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: PM
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:08 am

Post by roflcopter »

unvote, vote: arugula

telling pres to replace out looks like a scumpartner hoping a weak player can get replaced. plus moi's points against arug etc etc

i still want empking dead but with the claim it will work itself out in the next day or two
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Arugula
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:19 am

Post by Arugula »

No. I didn't want a player with a bad attitude in the game.
Arugula
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Arugula
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:20 am

Post by Arugula »

And if this is multiball, MoI is probably scum.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”