Mini 1353 - Dr. Who Mafia - The End of Time (Game Over)

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:05 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Vote Count 3.7 - As of post 800

Acosmist (3) - T-Bone, triangle123, Zang
Starbuck (1) - Greenknight
T-Bone (3) - Acosmist, GreyICE, CryMeARiver
triangle123 (1) - Starbuck

The Current deadline is August 6, 2012 at 4:00pm EDT. Countdown is (expired on 2012-08-06 16:00:00).

With 8 active votes - 5 are required to lynch.

Activity Check - Starbuck will be prodded is she does not post by 11pm EDT tonight.

Mod Notes - So notice at post 785 regarding Kdub assuming temporary Mod responsabilities.
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:06 am

Post by Acosmist »

Might as well never have justified them? You said I never did, as if they were hanging out there on day 1 and then, days later, I never said anything about them. But I explained them on day 1. Well before the end of day 1.

So anyway.
Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:07 am

Post by T-Bone »

You took FOUR DAYS to explain them. Why?
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:10 am

Post by Acosmist »

In post 798, T-Bone wrote:Where did you justify your reads before #286?

Is that the question now?

Survey:
who cares whether I justified by reads before post 286?

I vote:
lack of curr

If I had left something hanging on day 1,
like you said I did
, then this might matter. But now we're discussing not whether I justified something I did on day 1 on day 1 (proven true), but whether I justified something I did on day 1 in some arbitrary timeframe that doesn't matter worth a damn.

While we're faffing about over day 1, wanna know why I voted greenknight in the first place? Because of
Sir Gawain and the Green Knight
. Craziness!

Anyone else wanna move on to day 3? Or we could take babysteps and move on to day 2. You know, whatever; deadline's only a couple days away, so whatever.

And if you don't want to lynch T-Bone, better get another candidate quick! Because, hey, I'm not voting myself (promise!).
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:18 am

Post by T-Bone »

Sure. Day 3.

Why does your "meta" matter in this game?

Why does voting the SK automatically make you town? Don't scum want the SK dead too?

Who's my "scumbuddy"?

What about my post that CMAR agreed with was bad?

Why the continued backhands insults like "why would anyone want to agree with T-Bone"?

Why in #768 did you say I haven't justified my vote on you?

Why do you deflect my questions instead of answering them?

If I'm the only scumread of yours, why are you asking the rest of the players to lynch someone else if they won't lynch me? Who should they lynch?

greenknight
greenknight
Goon
greenknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:31 pm

Post by greenknight »

I'm frustrated with both Acos and T-bone if either of them is town because it's taken until close to the end of day 3 and them being the two leading wagons to even get them to properly address each others' points. Acos had several votes on him throughout the day and reacted by putting up a "T-bone said I never justified this vote and I did" shield and generally ignoring everything else. For T-bone's part he let Acos keep hiding behind that shield by never clearing it up. I think it's more of a "bad town" tell than a scumtell though, so my scumread on acos has weakened a bit after this round of reactions and is mainly based on his day 1 voting activity and failure to take a stance on Tierce. T-bone still a slight town read. I'm not in love with his play, it has been sloppy. But I'm not reading it as scummy misrep. It's clear that Acos and T-bone's playstyles are diametrically opposed.

If you want an alternate wagon vote starbuck. just to add to the case against her

- trying to spread confusion a couple of pages back by misrepresenting what happened end of day 1 and trying to link greyice and myself as scum (I don't buy this as a reaction test, she already poked at greyice at the start of the day over his vote on me)
- she has a lot of games on mafiascum and suddenly can't get the vote format right? Really? Oh wait, there's an explanation: she said her rush to claim on day 2 was based on being used to offsite meta, so she's trying to fabricate some more evidence that she's used to offsite meta

Also Triangle, Acos, why don't you have a read on Starbuck after her attacks on you today?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:05 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Where did I misrepresent? Stating a theory is not misrepresentation. This is mafia and theories are going to come into play. I brought one up that I've been thinking about. I could be wrong, but if I die, my fellow townies can look back on it when I flip blue to take it into consideration.

I am used to offsite meta. I learned how to play mafia on the old View Askew Board and continued playing on the new version until that version was shut down. Here is a link to my last game (Halo Mafia) on Mafiastache (where all the View Askew mafia players moved to after the board was officially closed back in March), and look in the rules and tell me how we vote there. Now tell me how I fabricated three years of mafia games. I'd love to see you try.

In any case, this is my first game back on Mafiascum since the disaster that was Blaz Blue: Calamity Trigger. GreyICE can tell you all about that because he was playing in that game as well. In case you can't count, that was August of last year, so it's been awhile.

I highly suggest that you do your research in the future before trying to pull baseless bullshit like this again.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:08 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 805, greenknight wrote:I'm frustrated with both Acos and T-bone if either of them is town because it's taken until close to the end of day 3 and them being the two leading wagons to even get them to properly address each others' points. Acos had several votes on him throughout the day and reacted by putting up a "T-bone said I never justified this vote and I did" shield and generally ignoring everything else. For T-bone's part he let Acos keep hiding behind that shield by never clearing it up. I think it's more of a "bad town" tell than a scumtell though, so my scumread on acos has weakened a bit after this round of reactions and is mainly based on his day 1 voting activity and failure to take a stance on Tierce. T-bone still a slight town read. I'm not in love with his play, it has been sloppy. But I'm not reading it as scummy misrep. It's clear that Acos and T-bone's playstyles are diametrically opposed.

If you want an alternate wagon vote starbuck. just to add to the case against her

- trying to spread confusion a couple of pages back by misrepresenting what happened end of day 1 and trying to link greyice and myself as scum (I don't buy this as a reaction test, she already poked at greyice at the start of the day over his vote on me)
- she has a lot of games on mafiascum and suddenly can't get the vote format right? Really? Oh wait, there's an explanation: she said her rush to claim on day 2 was based on being used to offsite meta, so she's trying to fabricate some more evidence that she's used to offsite meta

Also Triangle, Acos, why don't you have a read on Starbuck after her attacks on you today?

This man could not actually be more town if he was an innocent child.

I agree with preeeetttyyy much everything he's saying, with the exception I think Acosmist is my slight town read who I'm not in love with the play of.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:24 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Also, green, I mentioned my absence at the beginning of the game:

In post 37, Starbuck wrote:
In post 35, GreyICE wrote:
In post 26, Starbuck wrote:I'm a new Whovian, as I'm currently on my first ever watch through of the series. Started with Christopher Eccleston and now I'm on Season 2 loving David Tennant.

Vote: GreyIce

Missed you, dude.

Missed you too starbuck. When was it last, that BlazBlue abortion? Walking Dead?

God we have a history of being in the worst games on site. Despite MoI's great modding history, do you suppose he's added a few Jesters to this mix?

BlazBlue was my last game that I played. What happened to Tar? In any case, it really turned me off to Mafiascum for awhile, so I went back to playing mafia on the View Askew Board (which is now shut down) and most of us mafia players from there are now playing on a new site called Mafiastache (due to the creator's near obsession with them).

I wouldn't put it past, MoI. :mrgreen:

But you know, you'd easily forget that since you can't seem to let up on this three day tunnel.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:26 pm

Post by GreyICE »

What three day tunnel?

No one was particularly attacking you day 1, day 2 it was me and Korlash calling for your blood.

And Korlash got shot last night.

I haven't really forgotten this.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:29 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Not you, I was referring to greenknight whose main focus has been on me since Day 1. He has had a spattering of other talk, but always returns to me. Then the whole baseless BS up above just makes me feel like he's just horrid town/VI.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:38 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 810, Starbuck wrote:Not you, I was referring to greenknight whose main focus has been on me since Day 1. He has had a spattering of other talk, but always returns to me. Then the whole baseless BS up above just makes me feel like he's just horrid town/VI.

Really?

Let's do this by ISO.

ISO 0, 1, 2: RVS stuff
ISO 3, 4, 5: Pushes Zang
ISO 6: General event discussion
ISO 7, 8: Pushes me
ISO 9: Questions Tierce, while explaining him reasoning (and it makes sense)
ISO 10, 11: Stuffers
ISO 12: More push on me, explaining to townies, solid
ISO 13, 14: Error posts
ISO 15, 16, 17, 18, 19: More push on me, explains himself to town. Remains consistent
ISO 20: Questions T-Bone
ISO 23: Questions Triangle, pushes
ISO 25: Pushes me
ISO 26: First push on Starbuck!

ISO 27, 28, 29, 30: Continues!

Oh look at this! Greenknight did the same push on Zang and then me! The pattern was identical. He identified points that he didn't like, and questioned and pushed until satisfied! It could NOT be fucking townier if he was waving a flag that said "innocent child," and it doesn't resemble a tunnel in the least.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:53 pm

Post by Starbuck »

You realize that I don't think that he's scum, right? I threw out a possible theory of what could be. I never said I believed him to be scum.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:54 pm

Post by Starbuck »

On T-Bone, if he understood the reasoning for the Tierce lynch and was concerned about the 180. Why didn't he vote her rather than ride the day out on someone who wasn't going to be lynched? I get wanting to stick to your strongest scum read, but Acosmist and T-Bone both rode

Zang wrote:The scum kill might have been stopped by something else or they might have also targeted kortul.

There's that too. There are a few possibilities, but the absence of a "scum kill" is what threw me off there.

Zang wrote:I find GreyIce being scum extremely hard to believe.

That's why I take things like that into consideration. I replaced into Mini 1343: The Murder of Papa Zito which just finished and everyone swore that Amrun was town for the entire game. She was mafia. I take everything into consideration, and the fact that the most towniest person has the same possibility of being scum that the scummiest person does.

I'm concerned about CMAR. He's stayed low-key enough to not really be noticed, and his jump on to the T-Bone wagon worries me.

In post 786, CryMeARiver wrote:Well Acosimist is town...*appluads for reaction*

It was more of a "Holy shit read the game and stop misrepresenting me!!!" than an overreaction or flailing. Bravo, you don't deserve the rope. Now while the wagon on him, really any of them could be scum, I'm going to surprise myself even and
Vote: T-Bone
despite myself finding my reactions similar to his.

Read that last line. He isn't voting T-Bone for any reason other than "surprising himself". At this point in the game, this type of voting should not be happening. The "just because" vote.

Unvote
Vote: Acosmist

This 1v1 with T-Bone and Acosmist needs to be solved for us to move forward. I find that Acosmist is more likely to be scum than T-Bone.

L-1.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:56 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Starbuck, the first part of that post, was that directed at me? I don't understand what your asking if it is.

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:59 pm

Post by Starbuck »

I never finished that statement because I was reading ISOs.

Here's that statement completed

"On T-Bone, if he understood the reasoning for the Tierce lynch and was concerned about the 180. Why didn't he vote her rather than ride the day out on someone who wasn't going to be lynched? I get wanting to stick to your strongest scum read, but Acosmist and T-Bone both rode each other to the end of Day 1. "

Sorry, about that and yes, that was directed at you. Why contribute to an almost "no lynch"?
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:07 pm

Post by T-Bone »

When I had "left" the game GK and Jason were the leading wagons. I come back and all of a sudden Tierce is right up there with Jason. I think that quicklynches are inherently scummy. So when someone racks up a bunch of votes in quick succession all of a sudden it throws up red flags for me. When I had my "mini crisis", Jason was close to a lynch and GK wasn't far behind. I came back and all of a sudden Tierce has racked up as many votes as Jason. Now as I stated I understood the reasons people were voting for her, but because of the speed in which she gained votes, it looked to me like a scum-driven wagon, and I didn't want to be a part of that one.

Why contribute to an almost no lynch? Let me go back and look. I believe Jason was lynched by the next time I looked at the thread. If I recall correctly he was speedwagoned at the end and the day was over before I could post again.

greenknight
greenknight
Goon
greenknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:58 pm

Post by greenknight »

regarding starbuck

1) starbuck misrepresented what Triangle said about tierce, misrepresented my vote, and if as she just said to Greyice I'm a failtownread, that does not fit with her attempting to portray my end of d1 votes as scummy a short while ago

2) I don't think I worded what starbuck was trying to fabricate precisely. of course I'm not claiming her offsite games don't exist. The point is: having voted correctly for 30 pages of the game she suddenly drops an "I've been away so long that I've forgotten how to vote" tell at a convenient time to support her self-meta-defence of the d2 fail claim. Artificial.

3) Starbuck just keeps making suspicious posts. I call them out. I'm not the only one calling them out so this is clearly not a blind tunnel. if she had just attacked me d1 and not kept making suspicious posts on d2/3 I'd have dropped it by now.

4) Starbuck portraying acos vs t-bone as a 1v1 points towards a starbuck scum / acos town / Tbone town scenario as plausible.

To make my stance perfectly clear: I want starbuck lynched today. I think we have time to do this if the players thinking Acos is innocent move. If no one moves I will lynch acosmist because I find him scummier than t-bone.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:48 am

Post by Starbuck »

Look at that strawman.

Show me how I misrepresented. You are attacking and not showing where I misrepresented. On Triangle, I wasn't the only one who felt that her Day 1 interactions with Tierce are questionable. Again, on you, I threw out a theory, but you aren't a scumread of mine. So you are definitely doing what you are accusing me of doing with misrepresentation.

I was playing that Halo game around the same time as those votes. Shit happens, I didn't mean to vote that way. Messing up my vote doesn't make me scummy. Come on and get to the real point and stop with these baseless accusations.

Which posts are suspicious? What have I done (other than messing up my vote)? Please come up with a thorough case that I can respond to rather than just sitting here yelling "STARBUCK IS SCUM, STARBUCK IS SCUM". If you want some genuine advice on how to get your scumread who is really town lynched, bring a full case instead of having nothing here to back it up. Go through my ISO and do a wall if you have to, but stop sitting here screaming about suspicion with nothing to support your claim.

How so? Acos and T-Bone have been going at it since Day 1. They didn't even participate at the end of the day between Jason and Tierce. Do you know what they were doing? They were voting each other. Their suspicion of each other hasn't wavered a bit. One or the other needs to be lynched today so we can move on from this situation.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:13 am

Post by Acosmist »

Because I, Sally Sparrow, Vanilla Town, didn't ask for alternatives to a T-Bone lynch or anything, Starbuck.

In what sense will this be "moving forward", anyway? Will you lynch T-Bone when I flip? Because that sure is my demand.
Acosmist
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Acosmist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:26 am

Post by Acosmist »

In post 817, greenknight wrote:
4) Starbuck portraying acos vs t-bone as a 1v1 points towards a starbuck scum / acos town / Tbone town scenario as plausible.

You know, it's more than that. She bemoans the supposed tunneling each of us is doing on the other, and then say "wellp we gotta lynch one of them." If it's a bad thing that we're setting up a situation where one of us has to be lynched, then
why feed that
?

And that's
after
I said this:

In post 803, Acosmist wrote:And if you don't want to lynch T-Bone, better get another candidate quick! Because, hey, I'm not voting myself (promise!).

Not to mention that the scumteam is:

In post 761, Starbuck wrote:I'm starting to wonder about a possibly GreyIce-Tierce-greenknight team.

The goings-on back and forth between Grey and Tierce could work on distancing the two of them from each other, as well as both of their interactions with Green. Not to mention how quick that Grey and green reached to discredit me when I revealed that I was a commuter. Given my above theory, I think I may have just nailed it.

#triangle123
!GreyIce

And not me. I'm just a person we have to lynch to move forward.

UNVOTE: , VOTE: Starbuck

CMAR, Grey, get on this.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:45 am

Post by GreyICE »

Unvote, Vote: Starbuck

Okay!
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:00 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 771, GreyICE wrote:
In post 770, greenknight wrote:I still want a starbuck or acosmist lynch at this point

Starbuck is legit
, but read over T-Bone's ISO.

Don't you get that sticky feeling in the back of your throat that says 'ohhhhh god he's not town at all and I don't know why and I need to put my finger on it but yeah?'

I mean tell me it's not just me, he's just... dead. Not like 'I don't know what's going on' dead, just 'I have no soul but I must post' dead.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:01 am

Post by Starbuck »

Unvote
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:02 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 820, Acosmist wrote:Not to mention that the scumteam is:

In post 761, Starbuck wrote:I'm starting to wonder about a possibly GreyIce-Tierce-greenknight team.

The goings-on back and forth between Grey and Tierce could work on distancing the two of them from each other, as well as both of their interactions with Green. Not to mention how quick that Grey and green reached to discredit me when I revealed that I was a commuter. Given my above theory, I think I may have just nailed it.

#triangle123
!GreyIce

And not me. I'm just a person we have to lynch to move forward.

UNVOTE: , VOTE: Starbuck

CMAR, Grey, get on this.

I never said that was the scum team. I said it was a theory. Nice misrep.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”