NY Mafia 155 - New Age Mafia II - Game Over!

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:13 pm

Post by Glork »

Vote: scooby
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:40 pm

Post by AGar »

Fred, you're an idiot.

More to come tomorrow!
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:25 pm

Post by Staeg »

I blocked tierce! And now I realized that I am, in fact, a moron.
vote: scooby
sa vrede?
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:04 am

Post by Tierce »

One kill N1 (+ Quilford-AGar), one kill N2--those scooby votes make no sense.
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:05 am

Post by Staeg »

Ohhh right, I completely forgot.
unvote
vote: Simenon
sa vrede?
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:08 am

Post by Tierce »

Explain.
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon
Location: Welcome to Silent Hill (The living's in the way we die)

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:18 am

Post by Bella »

VOTE: Staeg
Show
Chloroform girl, how have you been?
Don't let me catch you sleeping again
You're only alive because I like you
It's been three years since you've seen the sunlight
But I know you're having fun
Bound, gagged and chained up in my basement
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:54 am

Post by scooby »

why am I being voted?

I am townier that town, you fucks

staeg should start posting sense or be prepared to get my rage

people that needs lynching: tierce, simenon, rhynox

vote: tierce
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:00 am

Post by Tierce »

I'd love to hear an explanation for that vote, considering that bv claimed gunsmith and cleared me N1.
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:05 am

Post by Staeg »

In post 730, Tierce wrote:Explain.

His interactions with nhammen (and to a lesser extent, singer).
sa vrede?
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:16 am

Post by scooby »

In post 733, Tierce wrote:I'd love to hear an explanation for that vote, considering that bv claimed gunsmith and cleared me N1.

ok, I really dont think youd be so cocky about that as scum, so guess what

Vote: Simenon
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:29 am

Post by bv310 »

In post 733, Tierce wrote:I'd love to hear an explanation for that vote, considering that bv claimed gunsmith and cleared me N1.

I cleared you from being scum, but not from being Serial Killer. That said, I really doubt that scum +SK shot the same two nights in a row

JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:41 am

Post by JDodge »

In post 728, Tierce wrote:One kill N1 (+ Quilford-AGar), one kill N2--those scooby votes make no sense.

As easily explainable by two anti-town parties killing the cop on N2 and the cop not dying on N1 due to successful roleblock. I still think it reasonable to assume that there's another potential killing party on the cards but think it's unreasonable to act on that line of thought until tomorrow night now that the obvious NK targets have exhausted themselves (with the potential exception of Stag-if-town).

Speaking of which, thinking over the night has lead me to not want to go after Tierce; I don't think she's by any stretch cleared, but I do think that she's cleared enough to not warrant going after today.

Vote: Staeg
because the way he's acted in regards to his results are fucking weird. He claims to have roleblocked Tierce last night when acting purely from a logical standpoint she is
literally
the worst target he could have picked aside from Psyche/Bella. He took a good delay yesterday before claiming his target of scooby - and, based on his vote today, still suspects scooby enough to start out voting him
but decided to target the semi-cleared person instead
. His actions around his night actions are fucking weird.

I've decided that I less find Rhinox actually suspicious and more have a great dislike for his play and think his claim is fucking janky as shit.

bv310 wrote:

I cleared you from being scum, but not from being Serial Killer. That said, I really doubt that scum +SK shot the same two nights in a row

Why? We have a claimed cop on the board and no guarantee of SK night-immunity. The idea of an SK shooting at the cop 2 nights in a row, however, only works on the assumption that scooby is an SK due to assumed Primate-protect; the only other possible explanation is one shoots Primtarget and other shoots Prim (or both shoot Prim) which feel like serious logic fails on whomever's part.

I don't see the case on Simenon; I'm pretty damn apathetic about the whole thing. Bev, state case on Simenon now.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:53 am

Post by scooby »

I really doubt Staeg would act that irresponsible as scum and risk the night strategy with poor daystart.

More sim votes please.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:58 am

Post by JDodge »

In post 738, scooby wrote:I really doubt Staeg would act that irresponsible as scum and risk the night strategy with poor daystart.

More sim votes please.

I want to force his head into the game so I can get a better look at it. Pressure's going to be the best way of doing so.

Go ahead and state your case on Sim, too. Now that we're in D3 with 2 nights worth of info I'm shifting my activity ass-ridin' over to people making statements about wanting to lynch someone without content on why. Time to really start playing, folks.
stream

scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:02 am

Post by scooby »

In post 699, scooby wrote:his nhammen read goes from

first serious vote on thje game
Simenon wrote:It looks like a bullshit way of trying to subtly casting aspersion and I still don't like it.
Unvote
Vote nhammen

to

Simenon wrote:I'd lynch the following in this order:
1. Bella
2. UT
3. nhammen

to

Simenon wrote:Unvote
Vote singer
I think we need a good wagon and I think she's been scummy enough to merit it. Also, she is a replacement for UT, who was super scummy.

Iam's post on nhammen is potentially great. How big is this sample size?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:07 am

Post by JDodge »

It's almost like he changed his mind over the course of the day and continued to be suspicious of nhammen while thinking singer was a better lynch or something.

Why aren't you going after me too, then?
stream

scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:10 am

Post by scooby »

because your posts are town?

i really hadn't noticed you did the same thing... I usually dont iso my town reads but basically asking why I dont suspect you?, just made you painfully town
Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:12 am

Post by Staeg »

In post 737, JDodge wrote:Vote: Staeg because the way he's acted in regards to his results are fucking weird. He claims to have roleblocked Tierce last night when acting purely from a logical standpoint she is literally the worst target he could have picked aside from Psyche/Bella. He took a good delay yesterday before claiming his target of scooby - and, based on his vote today, still suspects scooby enough to start out voting him but decided to target the semi-cleared person instead. His actions around his night actions are fucking weird.

This delay was caused by me waiting for the mod to see if my action went through (I missed the deadline by a bit and yeah). Re: blocking tierce - I forgot that she's cleared.
sa vrede?
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:16 am

Post by JDodge »

In post 742, scooby wrote:because your posts are town?

i really hadn't noticed you did the same thing... I usually dont iso my town reads but basically asking why I dont suspect you?, just made you painfully town

"Because your posts are town" is a complete line of bullshit and you know it. The reason why I am apathetic to a Simenon lynch while continuing to lean town on my reads on him are because his posts seem to follow almost exactly the same line of logic mine do while also being consistent with a lack of access on his part - and I see no reason for him to lie about access problems. You guys are going to have to do better than "because your posts are town and his aren't" when for the most part we've been saying the same exact things all game. So far the only real differences I can find are:

1. I've been more angry and in general more focused on getting town activity up;

2. He disliked my (self-admittedly) pointless vote on Izzy;

3. He said he wanted to look into a you/Quag lynch today whereas I said I wanted to look into you/red/Rhinox (now Stag/you/red).

Staeg wrote:
In post 737, JDodge wrote:Vote: Staeg because the way he's acted in regards to his results are fucking weird. He claims to have roleblocked Tierce last night when acting purely from a logical standpoint she is literally the worst target he could have picked aside from Psyche/Bella. He took a good delay yesterday before claiming his target of scooby - and, based on his vote today, still suspects scooby enough to start out voting him but decided to target the semi-cleared person instead. His actions around his night actions are fucking weird.

This delay was caused by me waiting for the mod to see if my action went through (I missed the deadline by a bit and yeah). Re: blocking tierce - I forgot that she's cleared.

Then you're at best a fucking useless idiot and I still see no downside to lynching you other than numbers if I'm wrong.
stream

Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:26 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 737, JDodge wrote:As easily explainable by two anti-town parties killing the cop on N2 and the cop not dying on N1 due to successful roleblock. I still think it reasonable to assume that there's another potential killing party on the cards but think it's unreasonable to act on that line of thought until tomorrow night now that the obvious NK targets have exhausted themselves (with the potential exception of Stag-if-town).
That's my point; it makes no sense to go after scooby for a claimed roleblock on him when we're not even certain if there are multiple killers in play aside from AGar. He can be scum, but that'd be a weird reason to vote him.

And having seen Staeg's play as scum in scumchat the other day, honestly, Staeg-scum derping this badly wouldn't surprise me. We know he didn't roleblock Psyche night one (and presumably not bv if bv is town), but actually doing so would be a tremendously stupid pick as scum after claiming roleblocker. He blocked two VT claims; we have no way of knowing whether or not he's an actual roleblocker.

That said, why would Staeg-scum announce a block on me and not on another of the VT claims? That makes little sense and I think he would have gone over it with his remaining buddy(ies).

However--scooby's reads are the cheapest thing.
- For someone who was trying to push a lynch on me, he had a very lame excuse to jump off when I said bv cleared me--instead of dropping it due to bv's gunsmith result, he dropped it because of
my reaction
to his vote? Why was my 'cocky' reaction to being cleared a townie reaction?
- His Simenon read is also scummy, because he is reducing Simenon's reads to three posts when there is a lot of inbetweens--between the first and second read were 100 posts, between the second and third 220 posts. Simenon is allowed to change is mind and compromise on the best lynch of the day.
- Finally, the JDodge townread--asking why someone doesn't suspect them is now a townie thing? I've seen scum and town repeatedly doing so, it can be a level of whiteknighting.

His reads are simplistic in general and his townreads weak; he does not feel like someone who is actually looking for towntells on people's posts, but seems to be using the general townreads in the thread to build his own with bullshit reasoning, because he's scum edging away from people who clearly will not be lynched at this stage.

It's odd that he was not aware that I was gunsmith-cleared, but I've seen scum distracted to the point that they didn't know someone was a mason even after a round of night play; this makes scooby-bv unlikely to be buddies, but doesn't decrease the likelihood that scooby is scum.

VOTE: scooby
scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:34 am

Post by scooby »

basically same line of logic doesnt mean shit... regardless of alignment, everyone can have the same opinion on individual scumminess

i hunt motivations, subconscious tells, consistence, posting styles. its painfully obvious I would prefer 1000x a sim lync other than your lynch just based on aggressiveness.

i dont plan to be an smartass or anything, just let you know Ill play whatever the the fuck I want to play
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:40 am

Post by JDodge »

In post 746, scooby wrote:basically same line of logic doesnt mean shit... regardless of alignment, everyone can have the same opinion on individual scumminess

i hunt motivations, subconscious tells, consistence, posting styles. its painfully obvious I would prefer 1000x a sim lync other than your lynch just based on aggressiveness.

i dont plan to be an smartass or anything, just let you know Ill play whatever the the fuck I want to play

cool

unvote, vote scooby
stream

scooby
scooby
Mafia Scum
scooby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:48 am

Post by scooby »

same thing to tierce:

if you need walls of texts to get a town read on me (isntead of being clear and succint, which is like the best thing ever, then go ahead and lynch me

I dont think I need to explain why people asking why they are town is more likely to come frm a town poerspective or why a scum is very unlikely to brag about being confirmed.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:49 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Vote: Staeg because the way he's acted in regards to his results are fucking weird. He claims to have roleblocked Tierce last night when acting purely from a logical standpoint she is literally the worst target he could have picked aside from Psyche/Bella. He took a good delay yesterday before claiming his target of scooby - and, based on his vote today, still suspects scooby enough to start out voting him but decided to target the semi-cleared person instead. His actions around his night actions are fucking weird.

First things first, I agree on the wierd side of it all. However, I'm having trouble seeing it as more of a scum-wierd than Stag is a moron-weird. Yeah, his actions recently have been bizarre, but I can't for the life of me figure out a reason why scumStag would be any more likely than townStag to do this sort of stuff, in fact I'd almost expect the opposite. The only situation I could see being possible with scumStag here is that his target wasn't actually Tierce, and is just hiding behind it. Hooray for things we can't figure out/prove, yeah?

PEDIT: STOP TYPING THINGS WHILE IM TYPING YOU BERK.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”