mcqueen
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
mcqueen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:34 am

Post by mcqueen »

In post 624, mcqueen wrote:@Nocmen - If a Serial Killer endgames with a bunch of Townies, does the Serial Killer win
along with
Town winning, or does the Serial Killer automatically lose?

MafiaScum Wiki wrote:Most moderators will not allow Towns or Mafias to win while a Serial Killer is still alive.

Shit.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:41 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

A Serial Killer wins when he is basically the solo survivor unless he is a highly modified version but given the odds are so astronomically small that Viscera claimed Vig Day 2 immediately as a Serial Killer there is really no point to the discussion ....
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:07 am

Post by Empking »

In post 620, roflcopter wrote:emp, why would sending me be risk averse or paranoid?

If they were paranoid then they'd think that my not-you pick was more likely to be scum than in the counter-factual where they're not paranoid. Due to that, they'd be more likely to send you.

isn't the scum most likely to assume that the highest visibility and suspicion level member will draw night actions, especially given the CLAIMED JAILKEEPER WAS VOTING ME ALL DAY LONG?

No because I know that scum know I know that scum know that (repeat ad infintium). Are you seriously basing your vote on my not having heard of game theory?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:24 am

Post by roflcopter »

i'm basing the vote on my fact that your play minus being a claimed jailkeeper still reeks of scum and the claim is the only thing keeping you alive, and now we've gone through a night with you as a claimed jailkeeper not dying.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:44 am

Post by Empking »

In post 628, roflcopter wrote:i'm basing the vote on my fact that your play minus being a claimed jailkeeper still reeks of scum and the claim is the only thing keeping you alive, and now we've gone through a night with you as a claimed jailkeeper not dying.

OK, so the target-bit was just a sideshow. Surely you wouldn't expect the suspected-jailkeeper to die when there's still an unsuspected-vig left alive though? My survival looks alignment-neutral to me.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:47 am

Post by roflcopter »

actually i think anyone with a brain at this point can tell that ve is probably a 1-shot who wanted to bait the night kill so your survival still looks scummy. the target bit is just added scumminess, i maintain that targeting me makes no sense as town.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:04 am

Post by Empking »

In post 630, roflcopter wrote:actually i think anyone with a brain at this point can tell that ve is probably a 1-shot who wanted to bait the night kill so your survival still looks scummy.

He wasn't killed last night; was it obvious to you last night that he wasn't a full vig?
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:11 am

Post by inte »

In post 631, Empking wrote:
In post 630, roflcopter wrote:actually i think anyone with a brain at this point can tell that ve is probably a 1-shot who wanted to bait the night kill so your survival still looks scummy.

He wasn't killed last night; was it obvious to you last night that he wasn't a full vig?

This makes no sense. Obviously the chances of him hitting town are far higher so they don't mind his presence.

He may of just opted not to NK
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:39 am

Post by Empking »

In post 632, inte wrote:
In post 631, Empking wrote:

This makes no sense. Obviously the chances of him hitting town are far higher so they don't mind his presence.

I don't know what you're trying to argue; vigs are stronger than Jailkeepers.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:40 am

Post by Salamence20 »

Not if the scum knew the vig was going to vig a non-scum player (ie: you/me/rofl)
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:06 am

Post by Empking »

In post 634, Salamence20 wrote:Not if the scum knew the vig was going to vig a non-scum player (ie: you/me/rofl)

If you were offerered the choice between vigging town & lynching scum OR vigging scum & lynching town, you'd pick the first.

I don't think vigging a mislynch target is a bad vig nor is it a useless vig.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:26 am

Post by Salamence20 »

If I was scum, I would of killed VE because she declared intent to shoot me.

Scum would of killed VE if she declared to kill Scum.
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:45 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

In post 630, roflcopter wrote:actually i think anyone with a brain at this point can tell that ve is probably a 1-shot who wanted to bait the night kill so your survival still looks scummy. the target bit is just added scumminess, i maintain that targeting me makes no sense as town.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes
Cataracts close the blinds
Let me let comfort come drown by your side.

As Town: 4-4
As Mafia: 5-0
Total Games Completed: 13

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:48 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

One shot guys I made it count on N1. ;)

Now about this Empking lynch...
Show
In your Viscera Eyes
Cataracts close the blinds
Let me let comfort come drown by your side.

As Town: 4-4
As Mafia: 5-0
Total Games Completed: 13

Nerd National
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:53 am

Post by Empking »

In post 638, VisceraEyes wrote:One shot guys I made it count on N1.

Now about this Empking lynch...

Why am I scum?
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:58 am

Post by Salamence20 »

No!

Arugula needs to die.

I refuse to take part in lynching a JK.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:15 am

Post by roflcopter »

how do you feel about taking part in lynching a scum roleblocker?
soi soi soi

Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:23 am

Post by Salamence20 »

In post 641, roflcopter wrote:how do you feel about taking part in lynching a scum roleblocker?

What's the case on Empking being a RB other than "He wasn't killed last night" and "He targeted ROFL and MoI"?
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:35 am

Post by roflcopter »

everything that got said yesterday that caused him to be wagoned til he had to claim jailkeeper
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:38 am

Post by roflcopter »

In post 375, Nocmen wrote:
Vote Count 9

Salamence20 - 1( Arugula)
roflcopter - 3(Empking, Tangion, Velazanth, Toogeloo)
Empking - 5(roflcopter, MagnaOfIllusion, VisceraEyes, PMysterious,
Salamence20
)
MagnaOfIllusion - 1(mcqueen)
ToonFighter - 1 (nhammen)
PMysterious - 2(McStab, Toon Fighter)

Not Voting - 0()

14 alive, takes 8 to lynch

Prodding Velazanth and VisceraEyes; Tangion gets prodded tomorrow from VLA

a wagon that you were on, perhaps you remember why you were voting him?
soi soi soi

Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:59 am

Post by Salamence20 »

Spoiler: Day 1 conversation between Emp and I
In post 61, Salamence20 wrote:
In post 60, Empking wrote:
Vote: VE
- I feel like there's something
fake about his post

Fixed for you Empking. Anyways what about his post do you think is fake?

In post 37, VisceraEyes wrote:Hi all.

The game seems to be proceeding as I'd expect. nhammen looks way way town, so I'm going to sheep him and hyperlurk to delicious victory.

VOTE: Prescending

In post 62, Empking wrote:
In post 61, Salamence20 wrote:
In post 60, Empking wrote:
Vote: VE
- I feel like there's something
fake about his post

Fixed for you Empking. Anyways what about his post do you think is fake?

In post 37, VisceraEyes wrote:Hi all.

The game seems to be proceeding as I'd expect. nhammen looks way way town, so I'm going to sheep him and hyperlurk to delicious victory.

VOTE: Prescending

1. The "The game seems to be proceeding as I'd expect." second fluff.
2. Two "way"s.

I also dislike "hyperlurk" but I think that might just be my tastes.

In post 65, Salamence20 wrote:Empking, what is your read on nhammen? Since you think VE's read on nhammen (way way town) is fake. Does that mean you think nhammen is scummy? Or just not "way way town"?

In post 66, Empking wrote:
In post 65, Salamence20 wrote:Empking, what is your read on nhammen? Since you think VE's read on nhammen (way way town) is fake. Does that mean you think nhammen is scummy? Or just not "way way town"?

He's not way way town.

In post 71, Empking wrote:
In post 67, Salamence20 wrote:
In post 66, Empking wrote:

He's not way way town.

So just town? Do you think VE is trying to get on town's side with that post?

Yes (mildly) and yes.

Mother fucker.

VOTE: Empking
FOS: Arugula

*Points at MoI*
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:09 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Empking wrote: No because I know that scum know I know that scum know that (repeat ad infintium). Are you seriously basing your vote on my not having heard of game theory?

No. Game-theory doesn’t really apply as you are trying to make it fit. You are a claimed JK and two Mafia are already dead so suggesting they send the player most likely to be Jailed by you to make the kill doesn’t make sense.

Empking wrote: He wasn't killed last night; was it obvious to you last night that he wasn't a full vig?

Why does your analysis not take into account that Viscera could have possibly been Roleblocked? Nothing in what you claimed (if you aren’t scum yourself) means scum can’t have a blocker of some sort and blocked Viscera thinking it would incriminate you. This lack of consideration bothers me …

--

Sala wrote:Not if the scum knew the vig was going to vig a non-scum player (ie: you/me/rofl)

Same question to you … why are you arguing from basically a point of certainty that the Mafia didn’t try to block Viscera? Your “we are all Town” point of argument seems self-serving.

Sala wrote: Scum would of killed VE if she declared to kill Scum.

Under most rule sets (and I see nothing contradictory in Nocman’s) killing the Vig does not stop his Vig shot from going off so this is, as I say above, a curious argument to make.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:21 am

Post by Empking »

In post 646, MagnaofIllusion wrote:No. Game-theory doesn’t really apply as you are trying to make it fit. You are a claimed JK and two Mafia are already dead so suggesting they send the player most likely to be Jailed by you to make the kill doesn’t make sense.

No because ROFL isn't the scum most likely to be roleblocked by me. Read the seven, or however many, players flat out disbelieving that I'd roleblock ROFL.

It makes no sense to say that "ROFL is right for thinking I'd not target ROFL as JK because obviously scum-ROFL would realise I'd target ROFL" and I think that's what you're saying. I might be missing something but I think you're simply not thinking it through properly.

MOI: If scum has a roleblocker then it still makes more sense for scum to kill the genuinely-agreed-to-be-town power role (VE) over the suspected power role.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:29 am

Post by Salamence20 »

MoI wrote:Same question to you … why are you arguing from basically a point of certainty that the Mafia didn’t try to block Viscera? Your “we are all Town” point of argument seems self-serving.

Scum knows who is town. If VE had mentioned something that would of caused the last (or 2 last) mafia to freak, they would of killed him. That's what I would of done if I was scum. Why waste a roleblock on a vig that mafia knows they are going to misfire? It's a nice way to start yelling "VE is SK".

MoI wrote:Under most rule sets (and I see nothing contradictory in Nocman’s) killing the Vig does not stop his Vig shot from going off so this is, as I say above, a curious argument to make.

I must admit, the only time I noticed the list of Night actions was when I was reading the rules to Always On, where it says Mafia kills go before SK/Vig. A quick look to the wiki says that kills go, so I am guessing it is all kills resolve at the same time. Either way, I don't see how this has anything to do with anything. Regardless of resolution, scum would kill VE if VE planned to vig scum. At least, that is what I would do if I was scum worried about VE vigging me,
since he declared it all of day 2

P-Edit: Again, scum wasn't going to kill VE for now, when everyone believed he was going to shoot me.

Tell me something Empking, you JK'ed MoI night 1, correct? If so, am I scum for saying scum killed MoI?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:46 am

Post by Empking »

In post 648, Salamence20 wrote:P-Edit: Again, scum wasn't going to kill VE for now, when everyone believed he was going to shoot me.

Tell me something Empking, you JK'ed MoI night 1, correct? If so, am I scum for saying scum killed MoI?

No, but I might be missing the nub of the question.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”