Goon
Hellhound1
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:37 am

Post by Hellhound1 »

CheeryDog is at L1, so nobody accidentally hammer.

@Nobody Special, care to explain how you reached it?
Lupo
Lupo
Goon
Lupo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:22 am

Post by Lupo »

This is generally time for a claim.

Just saying for FUT which is obviously new and CD which I hope is new.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Ginger
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:56 am

Post by pappums rat »

My read has not changed on Cheery Dog, and has in fact been strengthened by his disingeniuous claim that he was looking for reactions with his "triangles vs circles" thing. I think now would be a fine time for a claim.

This post:

In post 97, Hellhound1 wrote:
In post 96, triangle123 wrote:Hellhound, who do you think is scum?

Honestly, i feel its too early to give any reads i'll stick to. I havent seen enough from everyone yet.
However, i get scummy vibes from CD, and FUT for buddying a little bit. Theres no reason to defend CD, unless he's your scum buddy.

Seems a little too safe to me. Only giving reads on Cheery Dog and FUT is bullshit, there has been enough going on to develop other reads and singling out only the two who have the most pressure makes me cringe.

fos: Hellhound
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lupo
Lupo
Goon
Lupo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:12 pm

Post by Lupo »

@ Kublai Khan

You seem to be the only one that hasn't said anything about CD.

What do you think about the situation?
Do you think CD would be a sound first day lynch?
basketballstar24
basketballstar24
Goon
basketballstar24
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:16 pm

Post by basketballstar24 »

Okay, I agree Nobody Special has not stepped into the scumhunt.

However, Cheery Dog is making assumptions that are way too smart to be to real, and most likely our best lynch for Day 1. Yes, let's let him claim because he's at L-1. Unless he's mafia or third party, he will claim.
Infected!
Jailkeeper, Gatekeeper, Realmkeeper
-bbstar24 :D
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:00 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 92, pieceofpecanpie wrote:Are those the total of your reads from this "reaction test"?

We're still in early phases of the game, I can't generate 100% accurate reads from 5 pages, so yes they are currently all they are at the moment. I prefer to not have anyone sitting in the null category, even if it means my reads may need to change completely.
My read on you wasn't actually from the reaction test either as your basic response was also 'wtf'.
In post 93, Hellhound1 wrote:
@CD I'd have to agree with pecanpie here, you've posted a load of filler. Will you elaborate more on your reads then?

They're be elaborated more when/if I'm able to cement them into place, seeing as all but Triangle's townread are still weak to very weak I'm not going to
In post 96, triangle123 wrote:CD, to clarify, are you saying your initial posts about geometry were insincere and only for the purpose of reaction-testing?

Do you believe I really could have generated a true read from somebodies opening post? Well no you don't because you've been questioning me on it.
Do I believe I can generate a read from a random vote? no I don't, however I wanted to if they were in fact scum to be able to brag about it in endgame. This was probably a stupid idea, but I felt that the RVS stage was going too slowly with only one vote actually cast on anyone for a reason relating to the game, and that was an OMGUS vote, so I decided to draw attention to myself to get people into the game proper. (seriously 10 hours and over 15 votes is too long for completely random votes). This was the only way I saw at the time of generating discussion.

I would have pointed it out that it was a reaction test earlier, but up until that point I felt I could still manage to get some better reads out of a few of the people. I realise now I let it go out of hand, I probably won't be using such a drastic reaction test next time I want to move us out of RVS.

@People wanting me to claim, I'm not going to do it straight out at the moment as I feel some of you are too eager. However I will give you a clue in riddle form. (though you're probably not wanting this, I don't care, I refuse to outright claim when none of you have a useful case against me)

Today I have nothing but my vote.
Tonight I will be sleeping without anything to do.
Tomorrow I will also have nothing but my vote.
The day after something exciting may happen.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:14 am

Post by pieceofpecanpie »

Even-night vig then?

Your refusal to outright claim at L-1 is noted. Though not useful.
Open 540 - a C9 + + (0 replacement/s needed)
is a current tale of moddery, if you wanna catch 'em, send me a replacement PM

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:14 am

Post by Melmond »

Yeah, if it was a reaction test, it would probably be the worst one ever. Seriously, you went on about it for 4 pages, and you don't stop until you get to L-1...
And if it was to get discussion going, you've completely failed. Because most of the discussion is about your stupid ass going on about geometry.
I really don't know what to do right now, I have a slight feeling you might be town, just the village idiot, but this shit you've been posting is seriously bad for town, so it could go either way...
But seriously, at least claim properly...

@mod: Kublai Khan needs a prod, and FUT might need one too, depending on when you see this.
Well, at least I shall die as I have lived. Completely surrounded by morons.
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:48 am

Post by pieceofpecanpie »

Just for the minute I will...

UNVOTE: Cheery Dog

I don't really want Kublai reappearing to the party with a "i can has hammer" post.
Open 540 - a C9 + + (0 replacement/s needed)
is a current tale of moddery, if you wanna catch 'em, send me a replacement PM

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:58 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 102, pappums rat wrote:
Seems a little too safe to me. Only giving reads on Cheery Dog and FUT is bullshit, there has been enough going on to develop other reads and singling out only the two who have the most pressure makes me cringe.

Are you going to be giving reads on anyone else? The only two reads you've given any hint at are that you think I'm scummy and that #62 from pecanpie was good and now a cringe at hellhound, I don't see how you have a right to be picking on someone else's reads. When the question asked is only who to they think is scum, why should they need multiple scumreads?
Do you have any other scumreads at this stage?
In post 107, Melmond wrote:Yeah, if it was a reaction test, it would probably be the worst one ever.
What because I caught you out with it?
In post 107, Melmond wrote:Seriously, you went on about it for 4 pages, and you don't stop until you get to L-1...
And if it was to get discussion going, you've completely failed. Because most of the discussion is about your stupid ass going on about geometry.
I really don't know what to do right now, I have a slight feeling you might be town, just the village idiot, but this shit you've been posting is seriously bad for town, so it could go either way...
I get the feeling you're wanting me to go back to talking about nonsense, you're getting afraid you won't get the mislynch you want.
I've been able to get reads from almost everyone from the discussion generated, so it has done what I intended. (though getting put to L-1 wasn't part of the plan, it's just an annoying side effect of going overboard).

and no I will not do a fullclaim, this is a scum driven wagon.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
triangle123
triangle123
Goon
triangle123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:08 am

Post by triangle123 »

I really do not believe CD's geometric posts were all merely a big reaction test, and the reads he's posted as a result of it do not seem particularly impressive. So, CD, if this is a reaction test, where did you get the idea to do it? What did you read that made you think to try it?

His claim also seems rather fabricated to me. I would think that a town PR would be more concerned over revealing their PR-status and making themselves vulnerable to a nightkill rather than revealing their exact role, and his riddle is the perfect way to softclaim without being in danger of potential counterclaims.

Hellhound feels scummy to me as well, though. His posts feel overly cautious and the reads he gave out just seem reiterated from what other people have said.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:23 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 110, triangle123 wrote:I really do not believe CD's geometric posts were all merely a big reaction test, and the reads he's posted as a result of it do not seem particularly impressive. So, CD, if this is a reaction test, where did you get the idea to do it? What did you read that made you think to try it?

the idea came from an ongoing game, can't talk about it.

I started it on the spur of the moment, and then I continued it on because I didn't like the idea of breaking it straight after I got a town reaction from you - I wanted to be able to find some possible scum with it.
pappums rat
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
pappums rat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:30 am

Post by pappums rat »

Unvote

I think Cheery Dog is probably town given his soft claim and his explanation for why he did this (poorly thought out) reaction test.

In post 109, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 102, pappums rat wrote:

Are you going to be giving reads on anyone else? The only two reads you've given any hint at are that you think I'm scummy and that #62 from pecanpie was good and now a cringe at hellhound, I don't see how you have a right to be picking on someone else's reads. When the question asked is only who to they think is scum, why should they need multiple scumreads?
Do you have any other scumreads at this stage?

It wasnt an issue of how many scumreads he had given, it was that he had given the two people with the greatest chance of getting lynched that was a problem for me without commenting on anyone else. i.e., he was going after the easiest targets.

Vote: Hellhound
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lupo
Lupo
Goon
Lupo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:48 am

Post by Lupo »

I disagree with pappums and triangle on hellhound.

He didn't really say that CD & FUT were scum, just that he saw instances of buddying which I saw as well.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:53 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

I'm here. Sorry, fighting through a cold atm.

Vote: Lupo

Seems to be following a scum strategy of trying to move along lynches while keeping his hands clean. The Cheery Dog claim request was bad. Also, self-voting and self-unvoting in opening post is a sign of being too self-conscious.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Lupo
Lupo
Goon
Lupo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:07 am

Post by Lupo »

In post 114, Kublai Khan wrote:I'm here. Sorry, fighting through a cold atm.

Vote: Lupo

Seems to be following a scum strategy of trying to move along lynches while keeping his hands clean. The Cheery Dog claim request was bad. Also, self-voting and self-unvoting in opening post is a sign of being too self-conscious.

1. The only lynch that has been in favor is CD. I was unaware that I was moving along to various lynches when there was only one.

2. Claiming at L-1 is pretty standard for the other games I've been in on site.

3. lol. really? My little RVS joke is scummy? With that reasoning, your opening post which posts the same vote 4 times may be attempting to brainwash others into voting (exactly it's that stupid)

4. Please answer my question in #103
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:14 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 103, Lupo wrote:@ Kublai Khan

You seem to be the only one that hasn't said anything about CD.

What do you think about the situation?
Do you think CD would be a sound first day lynch?

Cheery Dog's opening geometry talk is null. Those who are voting/suspecting him for that reason are suspect themselves (pappums rat, Nobody Special, & Lupo most strongly).

Up until the riddle, I would have said that Cheery Dog is not a good Day 1 lynch. But riddle-claiming is bad. He's not actually claiming anything that could be potentially proven until the beginning of Day 3, so it's possible that he's scum stalling for free exclusion time. Those publicly guessing at his role should stop. Treat him as a VT.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
triangle123
triangle123
Goon
triangle123
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:18 am

Post by triangle123 »

In post 113, Lupo wrote:I disagree with pappums and triangle on hellhound.

He didn't really say that CD & FUT were scum, just that he saw instances of buddying which I saw as well.

Well, I also agree that it looks like CD and FUT could potentially be buddying, but I don't like Hellhound's ISO. Looking at his posts, it's hard to see much actual content coming out from him. He's asking a lot of questions of other players, which is fine, but there's not really any follow-up and he's not substantiating any opinions from whatever information he's gained from them. There are also a couple instances of IIoA (information instead of analysis), such as his post addressing pecanpie's miller claim from a theoretical point of view or the one calling out lurkers, which, combined with the way he cautiously words weak scum reads on the top two wagons and nothing else, makes him very scummy.

Having written that, I'm now tempted to do this... UNVOTE: , VOTE: Hellhound1.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:27 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 115, Lupo wrote:1. The only lynch that has been in favor is CD. I was unaware that I was moving along to various lynches when there was only one.

Sorry, didn't mean to pluralize. So you admit to helping a lynch along while not being on it?

2. Claiming at L-1 is pretty standard for the other games I've been in on site.

Cheery Dog's wagon is a very low information wagon since it's only Page 5. If it went through I'd have been thoroughly surprised. You were certainly role-fishing for setup info.

3. lol. really? My little RVS joke is scummy? With that reasoning, your opening post which posts the same vote 4 times may be attempting to brainwash others into voting (exactly it's that stupid)

My 5 votes for Nobody Special were meta-related. I've never been able to accurately read him because he heavily lurks as scum and town. People who self-vote as a joke typically leave it on. Your same-post unvote and subsequent later reason-less RVS-unvote gives me the impression that you're trying to hide/cover-up something.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:48 am

Post by Paschendale »

Unvote
for now. We're done talking about linguistics. More to follow tonight.
Lupo
Lupo
Goon
Lupo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:52 am

Post by Lupo »

1. He was at L-1 before I had as much as I wanted on him. I told him he'd have one more chance to post something not stupid, and he's somewhat came around.

2. After he was set at L-1 there were 3 posts from 3 authors saying they would like a claim. This explains my point that it's generally standard to do it.

3. It was just a joke RVS vote. I don't know what else to say.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:01 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 120, Lupo wrote:2. After he was set at L-1 there were 3 posts from 3 authors saying they would like a claim. This explains my point that it's generally standard to do it.

You were first to ask for a claim, pappums rat is already on the wagon, and basketballstar24 is less scummy than you at the moment.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:15 am

Post by Melmond »

In post 118, Kublai Khan wrote:My 5 votes for Nobody Special were meta-related. I've never been able to accurately read him because he heavily lurks as scum and town.

Well this is good to know, I'll have to meta him myself. I was thinking of voting him because he hasn't said shit. However I do find his last post strange:
Nobody Special wrote:
In post 64, Melmond wrote:
@NS: How do you feel about whats happened in the game so far?

I think a large amount of energy was wasted on geometry.

I'm not sheeping pecan, I arrived at this conclusion on my own.

Vote: Cherry Dog

I also think that FUT is newb!oblivious rather than newb!scum.

Earlier he had said he thinks pecanpie made a good catch, but unless I've misunderstood pecanpie, he's saying that FUT seems suspicious because of coming to CD's defence.
Then his next post he just votes CD to put him at L-1 and says that FUT is just oblivious instead of scum.
@NS: Why the change from thinking FUT was suspicious to saying he wasn't and voting CD? And also, could you spend some more time posting your thoughts?
For now VOTE: Nobody Special
I'm also going to meta him to see if I can find anything different in his style of lurking.
Well, at least I shall die as I have lived. Completely surrounded by morons.
Lupo
Lupo
Goon
Lupo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:38 am

Post by Lupo »

In post 121, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 120, Lupo wrote:2. After he was set at L-1 there were 3 posts from 3 authors saying they would like a claim. This explains my point that it's generally standard to do it.

You were first to ask for a claim, pappums rat is already on the wagon, and basketballstar24 is less scummy than you at the moment.

Ok so I was the first to say it. I didn't know that I had to be voting somebody to say my opinion on them or ask for a claim.

You're basically saying that I'm scummy because I didn't want to vote somebody that I still had doubts on. I felt that a claim at this level would help me decide whether or not he would be a good lynch.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:45 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 123, Lupo wrote:I felt that a claim at this level would help me decide whether or not he would be a good lynch.

Explain this in more detail please.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”