Micro 11: Mostly Normal Micro (Day 4)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:11 pm

Post by zabriel »

I'm gonna say Godot followed by Ree. Godot started strong town and went down a bit, Ree started scummy and went up in my estimation.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:46 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Refer to #213 for me -- not a whole lot has changed since the joh/sala quotewalls.

I'm still at (from scum to town)
SS - Mehdi
WS - Sala, Ree
N -- Lucky
WT - Joh, Zab
T - Bub
ST - Godot
beefycheese
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:50 am

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

Sorry I haven't been posting as much as I would like, RL and stuff.

I FINALLY GOT A READ ON BORK! YAY!!!

Bork's prob town from his recent posts. They're well reasoned and designed to find scum. Godot's recent post also look townie for the same reason. They go into my town pool with Johhog. I've still got a weak town read on Mehdi. My strongest suspect is still Sala' though. He's made literally zero attempt to find scum (other than Johhog). He's just tunneling now.
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:52 am

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

Sal, do you really think Johhog is scum or are you just on a vendetta?
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
ProsecutorGodot
ProsecutorGodot
Goon
ProsecutorGodot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:53 am

Post by ProsecutorGodot »

Hmm...strongest town reads right now, in order, are bork, Bub and Ree. All three have responded well to wagons and/or questioning. Null reads right now are Joh, Zab and Sala. Joh's leaning town the most in this category due to the fact that Sala insists on perpetually attacking the slot until he dies, but both of them carry on this conversation to say the other is scummy. Might be distancing, but I've played with Sala before. He is that determined to get his lynch scum or not. That leaves Lucky and Mehdi as the two I'm thinking is the scum team. Lucky has started to seem a bit jittery in his responses to our questions and Mehdi seemed to back off the attack when I pushed the town reasons Ree likely had to step off of Bub's wagon. What happened to all those other reasons? Ree's jump on and off of Bub was just one of the ones he gave. Even if it was a big reason, he said he had several minor reasons to believe Ree was scum and stepping off of Ree's wagon seems like he's appeasing to me. How does he suddenly go from "lynch this scumbag" to "null-leaning-town?"

Tl;dr version: Here's this scale:

Town
>>>Null>>>
Scum

Bork
>
Bub
>
Ree
>Joh>Zab>Sala>
Lucky
>
Mehdi
Luckyjt
Luckyjt
Goon
Luckyjt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:18 am

Post by Luckyjt »

Just lynch me. Ive gotten really busy lately. Thats is why my posting has decreased. After I am lynched people please look into Zabriel, Ree, and Mehdi. I really think that if there are 3 scums its them 3. If there are two its Zab and Ree. I have a tendency to give up as town and prefer being lynched so people can analyze who is on my wagon and make something of it on the next day and hopefully find scum. So please just look into them. Anyways here are my reads from most town to scum.

Town
Godot
Bork
Johog
Salamence
Bub
Mehdi
Ree
Zabriel

Scum
Mr_Ree
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:30 am

Post by Mr_Ree »

Now things are coming together. If I use quantitative methods to determine who has the highest probability of being scum/town based on everyone's reads, is anyone able to double check my work? We can win this with math!

P-edit: Gambit?
Knowledge is the key to understanding.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:59 am

Post by Salamence20 »

Definately not a gambit.
Mr_Ree
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:40 am

Post by Mr_Ree »

Why definitely?
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:07 am

Post by Johhog »

Because I'm the only one around here who can possibly be scum. :roll:

I'm very worried about this. I can honestly not remember who's voting Lucky but I gotta recheck, because that guy looks like a easy mislynch for scum. To me he looks like a typical case of bored town which I can read pretty easily as I often get bored as town too. :oops:
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
-Hið ljósa man, Halldór Kiljan Laxness
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:11 am

Post by Johhog »

In post 272, Mehdi2277 wrote:Why is bub scum? Looking back at your catch up post you mentioned bub as scummy once then said he was townie in the next and then a null comment on him. The only post you said he had that was scummy was when he was voting lucky.

My comments do not always have the same weight. In this case his scummy things weighed heavier than his townie thing. I can't be arsed to check exactly what I wrote back then but I did not mean to suggest that I had a town read on him, which I never had.
In post 273, Salamence20 wrote:Joh, how do you feel about the lucky/Zabriel case?

Lucky's probably town, Zab is a strong town read of mine.

Alright, voting Lucky is Ree and Zab. It's Ree if it's anyone of those two. I'm beginning to get a bad gut feeling about him but I can't say that I've changed my read of him that much, the fact that I can't put my gut into words is pretty telling imo.
"Það únga rósarblað vornæturinnar góðu hafði hann selt fyrir korpnaðar skinnbækur. Það var hans líf."
Mr_Ree
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:25 am

Post by Mr_Ree »

I'm voting him now but I'm not so sure he's just bored town. Tbh my vote was more to add pressure than because he was my top scum read. With his last post, I feel comfortable leaving it there.

What are your top 2 reads for town?
Johhog
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Johhog
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:11 am

Post by Johhog »

In post 286, Mr_Ree wrote:What are your top 2 reads for town?

Bork and either Zab or Godot I'd say. Zab, probably.
Mr_Ree
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:57 am

Post by Mr_Ree »

Still need to hear from Salamence regarding his town reads but it's looking like we can narrow the scum pool to a few common players. I hope this works out the way I think it will.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:09 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

I gave mine awhile back but right now it's

godot>bub>djd/joh>sala
>bork>ree>zab
>lucky

@Godot, the other reasons were called minor for a reason. The main one was the thing I had against ree.

I do have a question to people who think bub is town what do you think the wagon on him was made of? Was it 4 towns, 3 town 1 scum, or 2 town 2 scum (last one being really unlikely for both scum to join on a early wagon to me).
ProsecutorGodot
ProsecutorGodot
Goon
ProsecutorGodot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:40 am

From what I'm reading as of right now, there were 3 town and 1 scum on Bub's wagon when he hit L-1.

Right now, we really don't have much of a major wagon. We have 4 wagons with 2 votes each and a 5th with only 1. We are less than 5 days away from the deadline. I suggest at this stage, we narrow down our choices and start voting accordingly. We need to start coming to a consensus soon if we're going to lynch someone today.

My top 3 lynch candidates are Mehdi, Lucky and Sala. Out of them, right now, I have my vote on Mehdi, but that read has started giving way to favoring a Lucky lynch. As for Sala, maybe later.
ProsecutorGodot
ProsecutorGodot
Goon
ProsecutorGodot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:41 am

EBWDP: Let's start winding this down now.

UNVOTE: Mehdi2277
VOTE: luckyjt
zabriel
zabriel
Mafia Scum
zabriel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:04 am

Post by zabriel »

Wow, I got with the forums being down just when I was writing a reply. That was a fun five minutes.

If we have an investigative role, I'd personally like either Salamance or Johhog looked into. I'm feeling Scum v Town out of that interaction, and I'm leaning scum on Sala at the moment. Some confirmation would be nice there.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:04 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

I'm also curious how so many people have bub as town? I was one of the main people saying it early on, but then a lot of people disagreed with my reasoning on him.
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:07 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Zab let me guess if one is revealed town we just lynch the other? That post sounds scummy since it really just sets up lynches when both can be (and I think) are town.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:09 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Lack of scummy interactions really, and he hasn't really pushed the VCA thing since early game, which is good because vote analysis is dumb pre-flip when nobody knows anyone's alignment anyway.

Mehdi, why are you not voting Lucky if he's your top scumread?
beefycheese
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:14 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Since zab is close to him (and if you check back I was having both as suspects and decided zab there more). Lucky is more scummy right, but part's of it can go with a VI.
Luckyjt
Luckyjt
Goon
Luckyjt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:27 am

Post by Luckyjt »

Im not sure if Im at l-1 or I was just hammered but I need some suggestions. What can I do to make myself look less scummy in my overall play as town? Look in all my games and I seem to be a lynch candidate really early on in my games. Even when i replace in! I try to be as town and helpful as possible but somehow I always look scummy. So what is it exactly that makes me look scummy? I try to help out, but always seem to be lynched. I dont really see anything wrong with my playing style which is why I need to ask.

Anyways if I was hammered already good luck town and really look into my reads. i really really think Zabriel is scum. But Mehdi has been going up there way more lately.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:30 am

Post by Salamence20 »

In post 297, Luckyjt wrote:Im not sure if Im at l-1 or I was just hammered but I need some suggestions. What can I do to make myself look less scummy in my overall play as town? Look in all my games and I seem to be a lynch candidate really early on in my games. Even when i replace in! I try to be as town and helpful as possible but somehow I always look scummy. So what is it exactly that makes me look scummy? I try to help out, but always seem to be lynched. I dont really see anything wrong with my playing style which is why I need to ask.

Anyways if I was hammered already good luck town and really look into my reads. i really really think Zabriel is scum. But Mehdi has been going up there way more lately.

This all the way. (I am a sucker for AtE).

It sounds like my play, me and lucky must be scumbuddies :roll:
Mehdi2277
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mehdi2277
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:36 am

Post by Mehdi2277 »

Spoiler: Lucky advice assuming you're town
I'll admit you were my top scum read for some time last game I played with you (and were town). Honestly state
your opinions
. State your reads. Push the game along and continue it. Don't fade in to the back. While it's good to listen to other people's thoughts balance your thoughts from theirs. Question things and try to understand everyone. Even positive things can be questioned (if player x thinks your town and doesn't state why it's still good to ask and see thought behind it).

This more tips from my pov and playing style and different people will give different things. One good thing in general though is look at your player and decide what style of play you want to become good at. There are different types of players.

For game purposes though that post isn't going to flip my mind on you.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”